Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices (20283 Views)

Pure Water Producers Announce Price Increase / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / Hackers Are Targeting Nigerian Banks, Attack Imminent – NITDA Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by grandstar(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2023
Blaze14k:

I am happy u realised that apc clearly used the petrol subsidy to win elections and same time subjected nigerians into untold hardship. As it stands the federal government will survive on tax levy cos no one knows when dangote refinery will be ready. Inflation is the new normal everything is literally going up. We don't produce anything yet other countries are depending on our subsidized fuel which is an organised crime. It is we the citizens who suck up the pressure yet no incentive or increased salaries to help subdue pressure. Business is very slow and students are complaining. Student that is complete fraud

Again I repeat, I am apolitical.

APC did not win the 2015 elections. Buhari did.

Buhari would have won the 2011 elections but he lacked a base in the South. There were hardly any adverts or promotion during his campaign in the South. If Buhari had campaigned hard in the South, even if Jonathan were to win, it would have been by a slim majority.

It is not that Jonathan did not endear himself to the electorate . He did.

He increased minimum wage from 5,500 to 18,000. He ensured constant generous supply of fuel unlike the regular scarcity under OBJ's. Lastly, he would be the first PhD president if he won the election.

Well by 2015, Jonathan had disappointed many. His government was very corrupt -I don't know much about him personally. He was also weak and indecisive.

Most importantly, Tinubu has coaxed Buhari to run again (who felt he would be rigged out again) and he merged ACN with the CPC. Buhari now had the Southern base which he long lacked and the rest was history.

Buhari won and was seen as the country's messiah. Within 30 days, I immediately knew that the country had entered "one chance" when he pegged the Naira in a vain hope to stop the Naira depreciation.

This was economic illiteracy on steroids and I wrote off the economy. The economy swiftly crashed and entered into a severe economic recession. The prime reason why the economy did so badly during Buhari's presidency was his meddling in fixing the exchange rates.

That was why you have an official rate of 461 and black market rate of 760. You would say he wanted the official rate strong so help the people, so that things will be cheap?

The purpose was good but the reality on ground is different. One, it leads to artificial scarcity. If you're sent $200 through Western Union, at what exchange rate would you use, the official or black market? Now what if you wanted to bring in $200m?

Also, you had the problem of round tripping. That is the act of buying dollars at the official rate and then selling it at the black market rate. It boomed under Buhari. You just think of the huge profits one can make and it was perfect 'legal'? There were persistent cries for him to close the gap but he turned deaf ears

That was why Tinubu was determined to unify the exchange rates! What APC expected was that Buhari would appoint technocrats and let them do their job but this wasn't the case.

APC's complaint about him was that he was an illiterate, supports mediocrity and he does not listen. He was tolerated by the party simply because he gave them the presidency and helped them hold it.

But as you can see, Tinubu attacked with gusto two of Buhari's pet favorites: the fuel subsidy and multiple exchange rates within the first 30 days!

Tinubu has a lot of work still to do. He'll need the best of advisers and from past history, he seems to listen to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Blaze14k: 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2023
grandstar:

Again I repeat, I am apolitical.

APC did not win the 2015 elections. Buhari did.

Buhari would have won the 2011 elections but he lacked a base in the South. There were hardly any adverts or promotion during his campaign in the South. If Buhari had campaigned hard in the South, even if Jonathan were to win, it would have been by a slim majority.

It is not that Jonathan did not endear himself to the electorate . He did.

He increased minimum wage from 5,500 to 18,000. He ensured constant generous supply of fuel unlike the regular scarcity under OBJ's. Lastly, he would be the first PhD president if he won the election.

Well by 2015, Jonathan had disappointed many. His government was very corrupt -I don't know much about him personally. He was also weak and indecisive.

Most importantly, Tinubu has coaxed Buhari to run again (who felt he would be rigged out again) and he merged ACN with the CPC. Buhari now had the Southern base which he long lacked and the rest was history.

Buhari won and was seen as the country's messiah. Within 30 days, I immediately knew that the country had entered "one chance" when he pegged the Naira in a vain hope to stop the Naira depreciation.

This was economic illiteracy on steroids and I wrote off the economy. The economy swiftly crashed and entered into a severe economic recession. The prime reason why the economy did so badly during Buhari's presidency was his meddling in fixing the exchange rates.

That was why you have an official rate of 461 and black market rate of 760. You would say he wanted the official rate strong so help the people, so that things will be cheap?

The purpose was good but the reality on ground is different. One, it leads to artificial scarcity. If you're sent $200 through Western Union, at what exchange rate would you use, the official or black market? Now what if you wanted to bring in $200m?

Also, you had the problem of round tripping. That is the act of buying dollars at the official rate and then selling it at the black market rate. It boomed under Buhari. You just think of the huge profits one can make and it was perfect 'legal'? There were persistent cries for him to close the gap but he turned deaf ears

That was why Tinubu was determined to unify the exchange rates! What APC expected was that Buhari would appoint technocrats and let them do their job but this wasn't the case.

APC's complaint about him was that he was an illiterate, supports mediocrity and he does not listen. He was tolerated by the party simply because he gave them the presidency and helped them hold it.

But as you can see, Tinubu attacked with gusto two of Buhari's pet favorites: the fuel subsidy and multiple exchange rates within the first 30 days!

Tinubu has a lot of work still to do. He'll need the best of advisers and from past history, he seems to listen to them.

I do understand ur point buh he needs to put down some policies to cushion the hardship. I thought it wasn't gona affect me until he took off the loan I usually get from the bank. It will get to a point people will die of hunger or complicated health issues.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by lexy2014: 5:07pm On Jul 05, 2023
Senioreddy:

My broda why the noise?
Is it not obvious already that price hike is imminent in every strata?
As far as I'm concerned, it's a reality we already know so there's no need for the noise.

Also, you don't need to call me out on every thread. I only see and say things from realistic point of view. I am no supporter of any bloody politician

You haven't answered my questions.

why are you conspicuously absent from this thread? What's the problem? Is there no ass licking to be done here?

Where are the "every thread" that I called you?
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Senioreddy: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2023
lexy2014:

You haven't answered my questions.

why are you conspicuously absent from this thread? What's the problem? Is there no ass licking to be done here?

Ok let me now answer your question

Sorry I don't lick ass please check elsewhere
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2023
Senioreddy:

Ok let me now answer your question

Sorry I don't lick ass please check elsewhere

Can you show me where asked you if you lick or don't lick ass?

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
caye:

Thank you sir.
Most Nigerian religionists are very dence, foolish, dindinrin, suegbe, and have low IQ.
They never understand economics, and the behaviour of money: all they have is magic / miracle thinking and selfishness.
So? The only reason you’re like that is because you are most likely western raised around the same white peoples you hate. Is economics an African thing? No. So we must learn it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings / Confusion At Ports As FG Increases Import Tariff / Meaning Of CEO, MD And Chairman Of A Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.