Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. (985 Views)

The Qr Code In My Jamb Registeration Slip Is Not Clear?should Get Another Copy / Difference Between Technical School And Polytechnic (including Their Result) / JAMB Result Slip Printing Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by LegendHero(m): 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2023
I was looking at the fake JAMB result slip that was paraded by Ejikeme Mmesoma and something caught my attention.

The people that did the fake result slip did a juvenile mistake by not editing the QR code on their own which was why the people online were able to detect that the JAMB slip she edited was actually for someone else that did the exam in 2021.

The first photo below showed the result of the QR code scanned from the fake result slip Mmesoma was parading.

"11231597AC:: Asimiyu Mariam Omobolanle :: 138"

The above is where I have issue with JAMB. When you click the link of the QR code, it will not take you to JAMB website but instead just show a text. This doesn’t make any sense as Jamb should have put some extra security where after you scan the QR code, it takes you to a hosted website by Jamb where you can see the same text displayed. That will make more sense.

Jamb should as a matter of fact work on that improvement as against next year to curb this kind of fraud.

If the girl fraudulent forgers are smart, they will just edit the QR code too and generate their own text. That would have caused a lot of problem for JAMB because people would have used that to defend the girl and rubbish the body of JAMB.

Picture 2 below is me creating the QR code online. It look exactly like what will be displayed for real JAMB QR code. What if the girl had done something like this?

"1234567AC:: Legend Fake Jamb :: 398"

Recommendation: JAMB IT department should as a matter of fact make the QR code to point to a website hosted by JAMB. That QR code can carry the same text but should just point to a link on JAMB website and that will solve lot of issue from potential smart scammers.

Mynd44

Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by LegendHero(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2023
Even tho we know that irrespective of how perfect your JAMB result slip forgery looks, when you’re applying to school they will eventually check it against their data whether during admission or when you graduate.

But for aesthetics and social media narrative, JAMB need to be very smart by making sure the QR code point to their domain instead of just an ordinary text.

Soon the girl sponsors will modify the QR code on the document to reflect 362 and start using that as a narrative to say JAMB was wrong. Just watch.

Below is the QR code for the fake Jamb score I created for anyone that wants to scan it.

Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by DrGoodman: 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2023
Already making excuses for jamb?

Why not wait for the DSS investigation, abi you be DSS?
Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by LegendHero(m): 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2023
DrGoodman:

Which nonsense DSS? They should run after terrorists and not waste time on nonsensical issue like this.

JAMB the body rejected the fake result and you’re asking DSS like maybe Jamb and the girl papa dey fight or somthing.

It’s just like your university senate saying you forge your result because it dosen’t exists on their server and you calling DSS. To do what?

1 Like

Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by WhoDeyHause: 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2023
DrGoodman:

He thinks he's wise with his last statement. Several scans of the qr code have been showing different names and scores with one showing video evidence her name is shown
https://twitter.com/ifeoluwa077/status/1676193185322631168?t=CYXs69CbwqVKN-XiLvHHeA&s=19
He's now claiming they will quickly change it after he must have seen it online.

1 Like

Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by DrGoodman: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2023
LegendHero:

Which nonsense DSS? They should run after terrorists and not waste time on nonsensical issue like this.

JAMB the body rejected the fake result and you’re asking DSS like maybe Jamb and the girl papa dey fight or somthing.

It’s just like your university senate saying you forge your result because it dosen’t exists on their server and you calling DSS. To do what?

I even thought it was Jamb that called for the investigation, not the girls parents?

1 Like

Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by Adurax: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2023
Jamb can do better
Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by HausaIgboYoruba: 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
LegendHero:
Even tho we know that irrespective of how perfect your JAMB result slip forgery looks, when you’re applying to school they will eventually check it against their data whether during admission or when you graduate.

But for aesthetics and social media narrative, JAMB need to be very smart by making sure the QR code point to their domain instead of just an ordinary text.

Soon the girl sponsors will modify the QR code on the document to reflect 362 and start using that as a narrative to say JAMB was wrong. Just watch.

Below is the QR code for the fake Jamb score I created for anyone that wants to scan it.
they can not modify the QR, it is already in public domain that the QR does not match the claimed scores

1 Like

Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by LegendHero(m): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2023
HausaIgboYoruba:
they can not modify the QR, it is already in public domain that the QR does not match the claimed scores

Yes that’s true.

I’m pointing out a different thing. If you read the QR, it is not pointing to any official JAMB website and that does not make sense.

JAMB is just showing a text that shows name and score as a text only. They should instead program it in such a way that the QR code scanning lead you straight to their website to show the text.

If the girl sponsor was smart, they will just edit the QR code to have her name and they will win the social media narrative easily.
Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by OmoGomesIlorin: 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2023
I just got interested in this case and the first thing I checked was the QrCode and there you go the truth is unveiled.
Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by OmoGomesIlorin: 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2023
DrGoodman:

Human beings like you are the staff of DSS, not Ghosts.
As a matter of fact, having an investigative skill like this is why twitter folk think Hundeyin is a smart guy, not knowing that anyone could do it.
Re: My Take: JAMB Need To Do Better With The QR Code On Their Result Slip. by HausaIgboYoruba: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2023
LegendHero:

Yes that’s true.

I’m pointing out a different thing. If you read the QR, it is not pointing to any official JAMB website and that does not make sense.

JAMB is just showing a text that shows name and score as a text only. They should instead program it in such a way that the QR code scanning lead you straight to their website to show the text.

If the girl sponsor was smart, they will just edit the QR code to have her name and they will win the social media narrative easily.
Very true. Date on her notification result gives her away too! They wrote "may" instead "May"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Not Graduating From University So Sad! / Some Mind Buggling Facts You Should Know / Favourite Country For Higher Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.