Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited (34593 Views)

Senate Begins Probe Into Oil Subsidy Payments In Buhari’s Government / Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn / Atiku Reacts As Buhari Unveils NNPC Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by seunlayi(m): 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
Wao
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Kizyte(m): 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
Hhmm
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by wittywriter: 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
just Wow

wittyness
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by 43Ronin: 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
ok, so you have removed subsidy, but we owe subsidy and must therefore pay for subsidy grin grin
this administration will favor me and my family. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by IamANigerianMan: 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
I know there was nothing like subsdy
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by ayo2008: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Zupay: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
Fraud PLC

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Rechargeam247(f): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2023
The more you look, the less you see😁

3 Likes

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by shortgun(m): 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2023
grin grin
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Angelfrost(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2023
Where is the top defender, Nairalanda1?!!

No subsidy was paid, yet they have been subsidizing Fuel!

When I say that until Corruption is tackled starting from the top to all sectors, no policy will work, y'all think I'm blabbing!

Buddha3, Lexy2014, Vinniejones, CSTRR,... Una dey see una leaders?!!

They will feed hungry and mentally-deficient Nigerians Propaganda upon Propaganda till they drop dead in the streets!

5 Likes

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2023
Agbadonomics again. So the so called money to be possibly saved in subsidy will be used to pay back the debt owed NNPCL since August 2016.

So NO citizen should expect any subsidy gain till further notice.

The thieving endless cycle

4 Likes

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2023
Hshhs
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by aikyg(m): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2023
They have come again. So where was all the money going to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2023
See another washout this corrupt NNPC officials wants to make.....
So this new administration will now cough out over 400bn from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 (8yrs ) ...400bn x 8yrs =

This country should better sit up..enuf of this corruption!

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by CodeTemplar: 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

In 2016, Buhari made NNPC the sole importer of fuel.(to cut subsidy costs, as before there were many importers, including marketers).

That meant that NNPC was importing fuel at a certain price and selling to market below that price. (As at 2022 Aug, NNPC was bringing in fuel at N391, and market price was around N186)

At the end of the day, NNPC loses money from doing that, so government pays them a subsidy...or compensation for that.

As for whether there was looting...that;s for an audit to answer.
stop peddling falsehood. It was crude swap. Crude volume was adjusted to compensate for petrol.

2 Likes

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by symbianDON(m): 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
This talk no clear at all
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Kingcalls: 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
APC are nothing but thieves ...

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Angelfrost(m): 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
43Ronin:
ok, so you have removed subsidy, but we owe subsidy and must therefore pay for subsidy grin grin
this administration will favor me and my family. grin

It will surely 'favor' every single Nigerian, and keep 'favoring' them all till their thick religious and tribalistic skulls have sense! tongue
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Ventura1: 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2023
Subsidy is referred to as 'Under recovery' by Buhari administration
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
Angelfrost:
Where is the top defender, Nairalanda1?!!

No subsidy was paid, yet they have been subsidizing Fuel!

When I say that until Corruption is tackled starting from the top to all sectors, no policy will work, y'all think I'm blabbing!

Buddha3, Lexy2014, Vinniejones, CSTRR,... Una dey see una leaders?!!

They will feed hungry and mentally-deficient Nigerians Propaganda upon Propaganda till they drop dead in the streets!

I read through the thread before it hit the front page, but I was too shell-shocked to even find the words to comment.

Like, if the government hasn't paid subsidy to marketers since 2016, then what in God's name has Buhari been using all the loans for? I thought they've consistently claimed that the Fulani failure took loans to pay subsidy?

This is a total deviation from the picture they've painted in the last 8years. I no even sabi wetin to talk again!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Angelfrost(m): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
aikyg:
They have come again. So where was all the money going to?

Una go just dey ask questions like spoonfed infants!

Where else would the money go if not the accounts of these elite leaders including the one currently leading the nation?!! Lol!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Angelfrost(m): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:

I read through the thread before it hit the front page, but I was too shell-shocked to even find the words to comment.

Like, if the government hasn't paid subsidy to marketers since 2016, then what in God's name has Buhari been using all the loans for? I thought they've consistently claimed that the Fulani failure took loans to pay subsidy?

This is a total deviation from the picture they've painted in the last 8years. I no even sabi wetin to talk again!

These people (APC and PDP, especially APC) have no remorse or human pity!

Look at the people imbeciles defend on Nairaland and other social media spaces...!

They have looted the nation dry, then gone on to borrow more money in the name of the citizens to further loot!

That's why I quoted that subsidy defender who is in every thread defending Tinubu's policies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by kokoA(m): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2023
So all the so-called "subsidy funds" we have been able to "save" would be paid back to NNPC for outstanding subsidy payments and we would still be owing abi? Otilor!

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Reelz: 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2023
There should be a thorough forensic audit of NNPCL.. then again Mele Kyari should be sacked n replaced with a suitable person as soon as possible..
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by ManWater: 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:
Since 2016, NNPC has been selling fuel to the market at a price lower than that of the cost of bringing it into the country.

The market then sells it at a price above the NNPC sale price, which is fixed by government

Government then pays NNPC to compensate it for the losses it sustains selling fuel to market below import cost/landing cost

That is what Mele Kyari means.

So which people were alleged to be benefiting from what was termed Fuel Subsidy Scam?
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by gift2xl: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
Politics in Nija is knowing how to steal, tell lies, kill and use court to stop the voice of the people.

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by obailala(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
After reading the title, I opened this thread knowing that 90% of the readers wouldn't understand the report. grin
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Jd10k(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2023
Hate has beclouded so many people that they can read or reason right.
The story is that NNPC is buying high but selling cheaper to Marketers instead of paying them Cash as obtained pre 2016.

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Angelfrost(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2023
Reelz:
There should be a thorough forensic audit of NNPCL.. then again Mele Kyari should be sacked n replaced with a suitable person as soon as possible..

This one is speaking grammar!!! grin grin grin

You want thieves to sack thieves, then appoint more suitable thieves...

...And you want a thorough forensic audit to be done by whom?! Angel Gabriel??! grin

Reality Check sir....! A nation being led by crooks will never become developed or better for the citizens!

This is not Pessimism!

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
Angelfrost:

These people (APC and PDP, especially APC) have no remorse or human pity!

Look at the people imbeciles defend on Nairaland and other social media spaces...!

They have looted the nation dry, then gone on to borrow more money in the name of the citizens to further loot!

That's why I quoted that subsidy defender who is in every thread defending Tinubu's policies.

Omoh!

For the first time in a decent while, I lack words to express on an issue.

Jesus is Lawd!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Hosted By Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of International Criminal Court / Photos From PDP Rally For Kwara By-election / It's Your Turn To Retire, Obi Replies Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.