Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited (34674 Views)

Senate Begins Probe Into Oil Subsidy Payments In Buhari’s Government / Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn / Atiku Reacts As Buhari Unveils NNPC Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by rajiedreez: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2023
This one na ojoro
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Angelfrost(m): 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

Rather childish of you, dear lad.

I expected better.

Childish?!!... You don't know the meaning of the word!

Your theories won't work here... The reason?!! Corruption!

What is really childish is constantly repeating them on every thread! Now, that is CHILDISH!

I expect nothing from anyone who tosses unrealistic and imaginary tales in every thread!

Do me the same courtesy... Expect nothing!!! Thank you!!!
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by nairalanda1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2023
Angelfrost:

Childish?!!... You don't know the meaning of the word!

Your theories won't work here... The reason?!! Corruption!

What is really childish is constantly repeating them on every thread! Now, that is CHILDISH!

I expect nothing from anyone who tosses unrealistic and imaginary tales in every thread!

Do me the same courtesy... Expect nothing!!! Thank you!!!

Well, at the end, whatever you think of me, the fact is, we have no control over the facts.

Good evening.

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by nairalanda1(m): 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:

You don't need to school me on the derivation formula that births subsidy. Outside the fact that I'm well read, I had a brief stint in the oil sector between 2011 and 2013.

One eery observation any keen mind would have made over the years spanning through Buhari's tenure, is the fact that the NNPC has been either very elusive or vague whenever it came to declaring total revenue accrued from crude oil sales.

Now, we all know the NNPC has been solely responsible for crude sales. If they don't post earnings, it is safe to believe that there's been a "Crude for petroleum products" kind of swap arrangement in the books, since the same body was responsible for exports and imports. And except I have lost my sense of understanding, Mele Kyari duly implied that with this exposé.

So, if that has been the trade arrangement bringing in petroleum products, are you saying that just the expenses involved in the transportation of these products and other extant expenditures, is what's been gulping over 350billion naira monthly for the past 8years?

Now you know why I effing hate the subsidy regimen? Why I effing wanted it gone since these 10 years?

Thanks a lot.

People don;t have to think the same as you do.

Good evening. And don't abuse me again.

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by shonepa(m): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2023
And you belive the man? 2016?

taylor89:
Just put it no fuel subsidy payments since APC took over

Very devilish party supported by mad people
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by TenQ: 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/07/05/no-fuel-subsidy-payments-have-been-made-to-marketers-since-2016-nnpc-limited/
It just proved that this recent Subsidy Removal is a SCAM. How can you remove what is not already present?

But then, the Buhari administration has to explain the account where the Subsidy was paid in
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by misano(m): 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
ArewaNorth:

It is unfortunate how you can't understand a simple statement but rushed to comment in ignorance.
Crude Swap Arrangement gave NNPCL the crude equivalent worth of the refined products they used to import within the period he mentioned and NNPCL was sole importer of the PMS thereby distributing it to marketers at subsidized rate, federal government still owes the firm the sum of N2. 8 trillion spent on petrol subsidy between 2016 and May this year that is why NNPCL couldn't make reasonable profits since commercializing it by PIA due to the subsidy being finaced by the company not FG.

So who will pay that 2.8 trillion to NNPCL?

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

Now you know why I effing hate the subsidy regimen? Why I effing wanted it gone since these 10 years?

Thanks a lot.

People don;t have to think the same as you do.

Good evening. And don't abuse me again.

You have a shrewd way of understanding things.

Where in God's name did I abuse you in that last response, for fvck's sake?!
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by ednut1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2023
stanech:

so why are they complaining that there is no money to pay subsidy?

And if that's the case then shouldn't the product be way cheaper. ?
because there was no enough oil at some point as our production went down. Nnpc typically owns 55% of oil produced in Nigeria. From that same oil they sell some and use it to pay shell,chevron and co as its a joint venture. Also the pricing for crude oil is determined by OPEC, petrol price by refinery is determined by the refinery. So summary is NNPC did not have enough share of crude oil to give refinery and to also fund its 55% cost of operations with other oil companies . Petrol was also being diverted to benin, cameroon and the likes

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by bigtt76(f): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2023

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by nairalanda1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:

You have a shrewd way of understanding things.

Where in God's name did I abuse you in that last response, for fvck's sake?!

Your comment to Angelfrost, where you implied I was somehow insensitve.

Buddha3:

I read through the thread before it hit the front page, but I was too shell-shocked to even find the words to comment.

Like, if the government hasn't paid subsidy to marketers since 2016, then what in God's name has Buhari been using all the loans for? I thought they've consistently claimed that the Fulani failure took loans to pay subsidy?

This is a total deviation from the picture they've painted in the last 8years. I no even sabi wetin to talk again!

If I misread it, I apologise. But I was so pissed that people deliberately misunderstood what I was saying to mean I was defending Buhari, when maintaing subsidy was a big mistake in the first place.

At the end, I am not defending anyone, or anything. All I have here is based on my understanding of the subsidy regime and what I read.

It hurts me that people don't get what I am saying. At all.

You cannot put price controls on anything and expect smooth running. All the communist countries tried it, it failed spectacularly. People like to make money, because things cost money.

And once there is a subsidy, man, there is corruptiion, stealing and evil following.

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by ArewaNorth: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
misano:

So who will pay that 2.8 trillion to NNPCL?

FG since they subsidized what they shouldn't which is tagged scam. With the current PMS price it is now clear wether there was subsidy or not!
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by ArewaNorth: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2023
advanceDNA:

Lol.....Werey.....always backing up ur opressors...explaining on their behalf..... when will u be free....? How much are they paying u??

Hate and emotionally controlled opinions can't give facts to verdict like this. This is fact and need to be clarified!
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by nisam: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2023
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

Your comment to Angelfrost, where you implied I was somehow insensitve.

If I misread it, I apologise. But I was so pissed that people deliberately misunderstood what I was saying to mean I was defending Buhari, when maintaing subsidy was a big mistake in the first place.

At the end, I am not defending anyone, or anything. All I have here is based on my understanding of the subsidy regime and what I read.

It hurts me that people don't get what I am saying. At all.

You cannot put price controls on anything and expect smooth running. All the communist countries tried it, it failed spectacularly. People like to make money, because things cost money.

And once there is a subsidy, man, there is corruptiion, stealing and evil following.

No offence taken.

To be able to relate better with people on social media spaces, you need to learn to be less emotional. You seem like a dude who's super sensitive to words.

grin
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by frog12: 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
nnpc is the most useless company ever. they are responsible for the hardship nigerians are facing now
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by nairalanda1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:

No offence taken.

To be able to relate better with people on social media spaces, you need to learn to be less emotional. You seem like a dude who's super sensitive to words.

grin

I get too angry sometimes, I admit, and I take the internet too personal.

Anyway, at the end, like I say to myself, this is just a site. In ten years, no one would recall this thread.
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by misano(m): 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
ArewaNorth:

FG since they subsidized what they shouldn't which is tagged scam. With the current PMS price it is now clear wether there was subsidy or not!

So from now the FG will start paying NNPCL, right? Okay thanks for the explanation.
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

I get too angry sometimes, I admit, and I take the internet too personal.

Anyway, at the end, like I say to myself, this is just a site. In ten years, no one would recall this thread.

You're not entirely correct.

The internet never forgets. Reason I tell people to be careful what contents they put out for public consumption.
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by GodWrites: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2023
advanceDNA:
Lol....since 2016?? Marketers no collect any money?? ...so marketer have been supplying fuel on credit for 8 years ??

This goverment!!!!
Una no dey tire to steal...

Nigerians about to be scammed again....
Federal goverment about to give us one dirty explantion of how they said they've been borrowing to pay but technically they have not been paying......

Tinubu puts a call tru to chief of staff...

"ogbení...get me lai mohammed...only he can package this lie to nigerians with a straight face, no pity, and ofcourse, with a horrible looking cap"

Your govt are group of Yahoo Men, not boys cheesy
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by KingOfTheDamned: 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This NNPC is the major corruption channel in Nigeria.
Mele Kyari and his cronies are about to witness the wrath of Jagaban.

I dedicate “Patiently Waiting” by 50 Cent & Eminem to every well-meaning Nigerian who believes Jagaban has brought us #RenewedHope.

As an Obidient I for abuse you o. But I like your comment .

We all want a better Nigeria be it Obi or Tinubu there.

I really hope jagaban can crust this nnpc cabal.

Nnpc is the real cabal we all hear about
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by phorget(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2023
All we ask of them is just for us to be allowed to breathe but they would rather see us breathless... undecided
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Eriokanmi: 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
Flets:
This is just Fraud without end. Instead of Tinubu to go after these criminals, the already poor Nigerians are made to pay for the sins of these politicians.
He'd never do that, even though he knows them.
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by vincentbravo(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2023
Buhari is a thief
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by stepaside2: 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2023
My understanding is this;

1. Ordinarily without subsidy, NNPC sells its share of (profit) crude oil in the international market and remit to the federation account

2. With subsidy, NNPC 'buys' refined products at international prices, say N390 per litre and sells at subsidized rate of N160 per litre to Nigerian marketers who add their own mark up and sell at N185 per litre to make their own profit

3. The difference between N390 cost price and N160 subsidized price is paid for by NNPC using crude that should have been sold and money remitted into federation account

4. Reason why there was little or no remittance into federation account by NNPC for a long period of time

5. Because little or no revenue accrued into federation account, FG and States couldn't get money allocated to run their govts effectively leading most times to massive borrowings to cover recurrent and capital expenditure

Above is a simple summary of how it works. Fundamentally, subsidising consumption is fiscally not sustainable fir a country like ours that can't afford it (compare Saudi Arabia with more than 10million barrels of crude production daily for about 35 million people with Nigeria that produces 1.3million barrels per day for 200million people. One can afford to subsidize while the other will soon collapse if it continued subsidizinh).

Now there are lots of questions about the subsidy scam within NNPC which I believe is the biggest scam in our history as volumes and crude production numbers have been grossly inflated and under reported respectively on a daily basis that was is claimed as subsidy is hugely more than what it actually should be. That has gone into private pockets. If you add massive crude theft under the watch of security forces and NNPC, you then appreciate the scale of the heist.

NNPC leadership and officials have a lot of questions to answer and that place should be completely purged and probed for crimes committed against Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Angelfrost(m): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:

No offence taken.

grin

Nairalanda1 needs to spend some time with us in Football threads when season starts!

He go get thick skin by force! grin
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2023
Angelfrost:

Nairalanda1 needs to spend some time with us in Football threads when season starts!

He go get thick skin by force! grin

grin grin

I swear down! With these sort of emotions, men go so fvck am up for football threads eh!
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by Alphanancy: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

In 2016, Buhari made NNPC the sole importer of fuel.(to cut subsidy costs, as before there were many importers, including marketers).

That meant that NNPC was importing fuel at a certain price and selling to market below that price. (As at 2022 Aug, NNPC was bringing in fuel at N391, and market price was around N186)
Ok
At the end of the day, NNPC loses money from doing that, so government pays them a subsidy...or compensation for that.

As for whether there was looting...that;s for an audit to answer.
Who owns NNPC? Is it the same NNPC that is said not to have made any remittances to the Federation account in years despite selling millions of barrels of crude?
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by onuman: 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
Not only from 2016 but from 1960.
APC and its appointees in government offices are propagandists of falsehood.
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by onuman: 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
taylor89:
Just put it no fuel subsidy payments since APC took over

Very devilish party supported by mad people
Evil APC. I did not see your comment before mine above.
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by tsdarkside(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2023
what....??
you are even owin marketers sef....

you nigerians are something else....
all this noise and you are actualy owin....
Re: No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited by AskNgige2: 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
Flets:
This is just Fraud without end. Instead of Tinubu to go after these criminals, the already poor Nigerians are made to pay for the sins of these politicians.

Which Tinibu?

The saints?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 / Jaja Wachuku Sleeping At A UN Meeting In New York (Photo) / Civil Defence Officer Caught Stealing In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.