Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Running Petrol Generator Is Still Cheaper Than LPG. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Running Petrol Generator Is Still Cheaper Than LPG. (4871 Views)

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper / Cost Of Living In Nigeria Is Cheaper Than UK Or US / A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo (2) (3) (4)

Re: Running Petrol Generator Is Still Cheaper Than LPG. by Isobug: 6:30am On Jul 31, 2023
stanech:

volatile means dangerous right ? Cos some commercial cars in Benin uses CNG and a CNG fueling station is very close to my office
Hmmmm.... I wanted to let this lie but I said no. You asked if Volatile means dangerous and someone answered in the affirmative but he or she was wrong.
Volatility means able to evaporate or For a substance or material (Liquid or Solid) to be able to change to gas.
That's why if they say someone is volatile it means the person change behavior at anytime. Not dangerous
Re: Running Petrol Generator Is Still Cheaper Than LPG. by moderatedguy: 6:47am On Jul 31, 2023
Faber:

Ask GAZZUZZ, me na LPG I dey use Sha and very cheap as compared to PMS, heard CNG is more volatile than LPG..
CNG is less volatile
Re: Running Petrol Generator Is Still Cheaper Than LPG. by GerogeI(m): 7:07am On Jul 31, 2023
jFrankNorfleet:
Workch. I've tested this personally. I bought the gas carburettor from Oyingbo, got the cylinder, regulator, hose and clip. Got it installed and filled the gas for 12Kg. Didn't last long and my installer said perhaps I was cheated by those that filled the gas cuz I filled it at roadside gas shop. I then went to Mobil Filling station to fill it to the brim and the dispenser read 16.19KG. this I thought would make me know if it truly saves money. Went to my business and told my worker there to take note of each time he switches on or off the generator. I discovered it finished after 11 hrs 30 minutes. I bought the gas for 10,400. If I buy petrol and fill my tank to the brim it'd be 9,700 and that lasts me up to 14-15 hours which means it's better to use fuel in my experience than gas although someone said it might be because I open the regulator fully that I should open it halfway or something but I doubt it'd make any difference

For all those complaining about it not lasting. Check your cylinder, you still have about 20% of the gas as residue, mainly the heavier components of the lpg that cannot vaporize into gas.

The whole setup for Nigeria, need to incoporate a vaporiser, taking liquid from the cylinder, using exhaust heat to warm it up before feeding it to engine as vapor. This is peculiar for tropics where LPG is propane +butane. Those carburettors we buy are designed for temperate regions where LPG is just Propane, no need for vaporisation. This is also the reason the cylinder sweat. The gas molecules absorb heat from the sorround metal in order to evaporate and fill the vaccum as your engine draws out the already formed vapor. The cylinder becomes colder than air as it losses heat, so water vapour in air condenses on the cylinder surface as a symptom.

Re: Running Petrol Generator Is Still Cheaper Than LPG. by bigsam75: 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2023
Let's calculate the amount of litres of fuel that can power generator from 6am to 6pm and LNG KG that can do same and know how far.
To me fuel is still cheaper
Re: Running Petrol Generator Is Still Cheaper Than LPG. by kokoA(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
A lot of businesses around my area have converted their generators to gas and they've all said they spend far far less now. I guess the op is wrong somewhere in his calculation.
Re: Running Petrol Generator Is Still Cheaper Than LPG. by kristien4(m): 12:20am On Aug 07, 2023
kokoA:
A lot of businesses around my area have converted their generators to gas and they've all said they spend far far less now. I guess the op is wrong somewhere in his calculation.
i have used lpg. That stuff na is more expensive than petrol, had to selloff my carburettor... maybe those it lasts for don't put load on the gen.
Re: Running Petrol Generator Is Still Cheaper Than LPG. by Dybala11(m): 8:40pm On Feb 19
Zxcvbnmghtr:

This gas revolution is already favouring me and my family. I run a business which requires that i power my gen from 8a.m to 6.30pm, with only 30 to 45 mins rest. I spend #5,000 on petrol daily which translates to #150,000 at the end of the month. Since i converted to gas, i spend #1,750 daily. Multiple that by 30 days and see the difference.

#150,000 on Petrol per month minus - #52,500 on gas per month = #97,500

It will not only favour me and my family but Nigeria at large. Even those who e dey pain as e dey sweet us too will benefit from this gas revolution.

LPG/CNG/ Carburator for cars is also starting to make waves. It's only a matter of a short time from now.

Tinubu's target has been an efficient beneficial use of our gas that has been wasting away for ages. His target is revolutionary, making gas even becoming a major source of foreign exchange through export. Recently there has been an agreement with the Government of Morocco to allow Nigeria to
pass our gas pipe through their country to head to Europe.
How far with the gas revolution, is it still favouring you and your family?

Can You Imagine This Type Of Tweet Coming From A Nigerian / Best Tribe For Nigeria / Police Foils Boko Haram's Bomb Sallah Gifts In Maiduguri