Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. (683 Views)

Would You Prefer A World Where Religion Don't Exist At All? / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by NNTR: 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Can you present any group of people having this so called PRACTICES?
Luke 10:30-35
30Jesus replied,
“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he encountered robbers,
who stripped him of his clothes [and belongings], beat him,
and went their way [unconcerned], leaving him half dead.
31Now by coincidence a priest was going down that road,
and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32Likewise a Levite also came down to the place
and saw him, and passed by on the other side [of the road].
33But a Samaritan (foreigner), who was traveling, came upon him;
and when he saw him, he was deeply moved with compassion [for him],
34and went to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them [to sooth and disinfect the injuries];
and he put him on his own pack-animal, and brought him to an inn and took care of him.
35On the next day he took out two denarii (two days’ wages) and gave them to the innkeeper,
and said, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I return.’

Without asking, if JW or not, if Muslim or not, if Atheist or not, if Christian or not, if a believer or not, before rendering help, relief, assistance or support in times of hardship and distress, just as seen in above narrative, it will be such human being and/or group of people having those sort of virtues and PRACTICES that God approves of

Ordinarily, the Jews and Samaritans hate each other, as in, they dont get along, yet see how Samaritan literally did a Matthew 5:41, go an extra mile for a sworn enemy (i.e. did it out of compassion)

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
I said:

"present any group of people having this so called PRACTICES"

Everyone reading the Bible knows these verses so instead of rewriting it just present the group that's PRACTICING it! smiley
NNTR:
Luke 10:30-35
30Jesus replied,
“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he encountered robbers,
who stripped him of his clothes [and belongings], beat him,
and went their way [unconcerned], leaving him half dead.
31Now by coincidence a priest was going down that road,
and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32Likewise a Levite also came down to the place
and saw him, and passed by on the other side [of the road].
33But a Samaritan (foreigner), who was traveling, came upon him;
and when he saw him, he was deeply moved with compassion [for him],
34and went to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them [to sooth and disinfect the injuries];
and he put him on his own pack-animal, and brought him to an inn and took care of him.
35On the next day he took out two denarii (two days’ wages) and gave them to the innkeeper,
and said, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I return.’

Without asking, if JW or not, if Muslim or not, if Atheist or not, if Christian or not, if a believer or not, before rendering help, relief, assistance or support in times of hardship and distress, just as seen in above narrative, it will be such human being and/or group of people having those sort of virtues and PRACTICES that God approves of

Ordinarily, the Jews and Samaritans hate each other, as in, they dont get along, yet see how Samaritan literally did a Matthew 5:41, go an extra mile for a sworn enemy (i.e. did it out of compassion)

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by NNTR: 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Everyone reading the Bible knows these verses so instead of rewriting it just present the group that's PRACTICING it! smiley
Its one thing, knowing those verses, and its another thing, adopt the practice, values and lessons in those verses

MaxInDHouse:
I said:
"present any group of people having this so called PRACTICES"
Any person or group of persons that assist, give aid, render assistance, give a helping hand et cetera without prejudice against another persons or group of other person, nicely would fit the bill

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
NNTR:
Its one thing, knowing those verses, and its another thing, adopt the practice, values and lessons in those verses
Any person or group of persons that assist, give aid, render assistance, give a helping hand et cetera without prejudice against another persons or group of other person, nicely would fit the bill

Now this is where you missed it all!

Because what Jesus taught there must be emphasized among those BELIEVING in him so if someone is not associating with them how do you expect such one to make it his aim and objective in life?

It's like saying what the constitution of a country says but most citizens don't agree with the parliament so how do you expect this people to PRACTICE what the laws says when they don't even agree with the parliament?

That's why it's compulsory to be a CHRISTIAN you can't emphasize what CHRIST taught in the presence of those who don't believe (trust) in his teachings! smiley
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by NNTR: 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Now this is where you missed it all!

Because what Jesus taught there must be emphasized among those BELIEVING in him so if someone is not associating with them how do you expect such one to make it his aim and objective in life?

It's like saying what the constitution of a country says but most citizens don't agree with the parliament so how do you expect this people to PRACTICE what the laws says when they don't even agree with the parliament?

That's why it's compulsory to be a CHRISTIAN you can't emphasize what CHRIST taught in the presence of those who don't believe (trust) in his teachings! smiley
What Jesus taught with that parable, is that, one does not need to 'love among themselves and not help outsiders', as some that we wont publicly mention their names here are known to do.

You not seeing that compassion, empathy, charity et cetera have no place with discriminatory practices, is where you personally have missed it all

MaxInDHouse:
The word Christianity doesnt even exist anywhere in the bible (i.e. the word Christianity is AWOL MIA in the bible).
Why?
Simply because Christianity was created by the Roman state, precisely to be, in fact, Christianity, is a Constantine invented religion

1 Like

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
NNTR:

What Jesus taught
Now what if the person you're quoting this for don't know or acknowledge Jesus?

The first step is to acknowledge Jesus before quoting what Jesus said can make any sense, if you're quoting Jesus for someone who doesn't trust in the reasoning of others how do you expect this to work?

Ọmọ it's compulsory for both the speaker and audience to be CHRISTIANS before you can start quoting Christ! smiley
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by NNTR: 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Now what if the person you're quoting this for doesn't know or acknowledge Jesus?
Did Adam and Eve know Jesus?
Did Enoch know Jesus?
Did Elijah know Jesus?
Did a stillbirth baby know Jesus?

Let's flip this the other way
Did Judas Iscariot know Jesus?
Did Pontius Pilate know Jesus?
Does Satan and his demons know Jesus?

MaxInDHouse:
The first step is to acknowledge Jesus before quoting what Jesus said can make any sense, if you're quoting Jesus for someone who doesn't trust in the reasoning of others how do you expect this to work?
Isaiah 3:13
The LORD takes His place in court;
He rises to judge the people.

1 Corinthians 4:5
So don't judge anyone until the Lord returns.
He will show what is hidden in the dark
and what is in everyone's heart.
Then God will be the one who praises each of us.

Everyone will have their day in court, and on that same day, will be given the opportunity to acknowledge or not acknowledge Jesus

MaxInDHouse:
Ọmọ it's compulsory for both the speaker and audience to be CHRISTIANS before you can start quoting Christ! smiley
The word Christian and even Christianity arent in the God vocabulary

Correctly put, it's compulsory for both the speaker and audience to be believers before the audience can start benefiting from quotes of Christ (i.e. the Anointed One)

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
NNTR:

Correctly put, it's compulsory for both the speaker and audience to be BELIEVERS before the audience can start benefiting from quotes of Christ

There's no one who is not a believer at least you must believe in yourself before you can continue living without committing suicide.

So everyone is a believer but in what do they believe?

That's why CHRISTIANITY is compulsory because without preachers (sent out by Christ) to preach and teach {Matthew 28:18-20} you can't know Jesus {Romans 10:13-14} not to talk of what Jesus taught! smiley
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
Queenttoast01:
Maybe before he chose Isreal as his firstborn

Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD: "Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn -Exodus 4:22-23.
Rubbish! God has no religion and He never gave Religion to any men. That is why He disavowed His former shepherds when they went after religion instead of focusing on HIs Law and His Law only - Ezekiel 34 undecided
Also, that statement in Exodus 4 that you pulled out of context was in fact metaphorical description of the people of Israel by God.
21 While Moses was traveling back to Egypt, the Lord spoke to him, “When you talk to Pharaoh remember to show him all the miracles that I have given you the power to do. But I will cause Pharaoh to be very stubborn. He will not let the people go.
22 Then you should say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son.
23 And I am telling you to let my son go and worship me. If you refuse to let Israel go, then I will kill your firstborn son.’ - Exodus 4 vs 21 - 23
A firstborn son typically refers to one individual in a family but in this case, the term is used in reference to a whole nation of people, a first indication that it is meant to be figuratively processed. In that passage, anyone able to see could tell that God described the people of Israel as having the same importance that a firstborn son would have to the likes of Pharaoh whose firstborn son He, God, threatened. undecided
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Janosky: 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2023
Every first born in the holy scriptures is a creature.

Every born is a creature.

No grammar or TWISTING can change this fact.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benefits Of Patience / Re: Should I Celebrate Christmas? / Be Careful As A Believer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.