Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. (677 Views)

Would You Prefer A World Where Religion Don't Exist At All? / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by YungMillionaire: 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2023
If you disagree, tell me the religion of God.

2 Likes

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
YungMillionaire:

Maybe before he chose Isreal as his firstborn

Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD: "Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn -Exodus 4:22-23.
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by YungMillionaire: 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
Queenttoast01:
Maybe before he chose Isreal as his firstborn

Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD: "Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn -Exodus 4:22-23.

Not convincing. Jews wrote a book and declare their religion as the religion of God. The Arabs did the same thing. Jews, Christians and Muslims want to EACH claim their religion as God's own religion.

2 Likes

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
YungMillionaire:

What is Religion?

Religion is (countable) Any practice to which someone or some group is seriously devoted.

They are the people of Israel, chosen to be God’s adopted children. God revealed his glory to them. He made covenants with them and gave them his law. He gave them the privilege of worshiping him and receiving his wonderful promises -Roman 9:4
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
YungMillionaire:

Not convincing. Jews wrote a book and declare their religion as the religion of God. The Arabs did the same thing. Jews, Christians and Muslims want to EACH claim their religion as God's own religion.

So the people believed; and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel and that He had looked on their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshiped -Exodus 4:31
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Rostikol: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
Queenttoast01:

What is Religion?

Religion is (countable) Any practice to which someone or some group is seriously devoted.

They are the people of Israel, chosen to be God’s adopted children. God revealed his glory to them. He made covenants with them and gave them his law. He gave them the privilege of worshiping him and receiving his wonderful promises -Roman 9:4

You are brainwashed.

To a Chinese or Indian person or Muslim, you’re talking gibberish. And they number billions of people.

And no, they are not all destined for an everlasting burning furnace of hellfire for not worshiping your imported white ‘saviour’.

That’s just another Christian European lie designed to SCARE YOU into following them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
When the children of Israelite erred

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land -2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by YungMillionaire: 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
Queenttoast01:
So the people believed; and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel and that He had looked on their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshiped -Exodus 4:31

This is not evidence that Judaism is the religion of God.

1 Like

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by YungMillionaire: 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
Queenttoast01:
What is Religion?Religion is (countable) Any practice to which someone or some group is seriously devoted.They are the people of Israel, chosen to be God’s adopted children. God revealed his glory to them. He made covenants with them and gave them his law. He gave them the privilege of worshiping him and receiving his wonderful promises -Roman 9:4

This is not evidence that Judaism or Christianity is the religion of God.
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
Queenttoast01:
When the children of Israelite erred

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land -2 Chronicles 7:14

Then, God's redemptive plan to save all mankind came.

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel. -Isaiah 9:6-8
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by BloomingDale(f): 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Rostikol:

You are brainwashed.

To a Chinese or Indian person or Muslim, you’re talking gibberish. And they number billions of people.

And no, they are not all destined for an everlasting burning furnace of hell for not worshiping your imported white ‘saviour’.

Imported white savior. Lol. Even the Anti christ will be an imported white man, to finally put the African back into slavery, and kill off most of them, cos the white man has said Africans are useless eaters, and are just taking up space. Expect mass genocide of the African during their Anti Christ reign. Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Queenttoast01:

Then, God's redemptive plan to save all mankind came.

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel. -Isaiah 9:6-8

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant- Hebrew 9:15
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Queenttoast01:

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant- Hebrew 9:15

God want everyone to be save through him

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him -John 3:16

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by YungMillionaire: 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
Queenttoast01:
cool cool

Where is your proof that Judaism or Christianity is the religion of God?
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
YungMillionaire:

Where is your proof that Judaism or Christianity is the religion of God?

Go to this people and say,
“You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
And you will keep on seeing, but will not perceive; -Acts 28:26.
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
Queenttoast01:

What is Religion?

The Israelites worship Yahweh while Christian worship a character called Jesus
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Queenttoast01: 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
tundein18:

The Israelites worship Yahweh while Christian worship a character called Jesus

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free -John 8:32
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Janosky: 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
YungMillionaire:

James 1:26-27 NLT
"If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."

Oga, are you DECEIVING YOURSELF?
grin
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Janosky: 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
tundein18:

The Israelites worship Yahweh

Yes, including Jesus Christ. Exodus 6:3,Acts 3:13 & John 20:17.

tundein18:

while Christian worship a character called Jesus
Point of correction: No.

Acts 11:26 , the people of Antioch called the believers "Christians".
The "Christians" affirmed their belief in Yahweh, the God whose name they bear, Acts 15:14.
John 20:17 & John 9:4, did they Worship the God of Abraham?
Yes.

Christendom WORSHIP 3 (triune) Spirits.

Christendom is NOT Christian worship.
IYKYK.
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Maynmann: 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
YungMillionaire:
Your concept of god comes from religion.
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by YungMillionaire: 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
Maynmann:

Your concept of god comes from religion.

If God is just a concept then he is not real. I put it to you that God exists outside of religion. Consequently, God does not have a religion.

1 Like

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by YungMillionaire: 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2023
Janosky:
James 1:26-27 NLT
"If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."
Oga, are you DECEIVING YOURSELF? grin

You're yet to prove anything. Is traditional religion God's religion? Is Islam God's religion. Is Christianity God's religion? Is Judaism God's religion? Answer the question with irrefutable proof or keep kwayet!
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Janosky: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
YungMillionaire:

You're yet to prove anything. Is traditional religion God's religion? Is Islam God's religion. Is Christianity God's religion? Is Judaism God's religion? Answer the question with irrefutable proof or keep kwayet!

Are you drowsy?
Is traditional religion in James 1:26-27?

1 Like

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by YungMillionaire: 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Janosky:
Are you drowsy?Is traditional religion in James 1:26-27?

Who cares about James? Mention the name of the religion that is God's religion and provide IRREFUTABLE evidence.

Otherwise, STOP disturbing this thread with your copy and pastes.
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by NNTR: 1:15am On Jul 08, 2023
Janosky:
Are you drowsy?
Is traditional religion in James 1:26-27?
He is confusing faith with religion

Religion, essentially and traditionally is carrying out a course of action, a pursuit, interest or task with great dedication and devotion

The religion, seen distinctive in James 1:26-27, is empathy aka compassion

Take for example, football is a religion, ice hockey is a religion. Fashion, for some, is a religion too, even atheism, funnily enough, as well, is a religion. In the 21st century, consumerism is the new religion.

YungMillionaire:
Who cares about James? Mention the name of the religion that is God's religion and provide IRREFUTABLE evidence.

Otherwise, STOP disturbing this thread with your copy and pastes.
Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved,
clothe yourselves with compassion,
kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Human language constantly evolves and so many words change meaning over time, and some acquire new senses (e.g. religion)

Now, the only religion that is true and pure, without flaws or faults and such that has God's approval is not Christianity, is not Islam, is not Hinduism, is not Buddhism, is not ATF, is not New Age, is not atheism, as the only one true and pure religion, that transcends all faiths or faithlessness, can be represented with, just one word for it, and that one word, is empathy, if you want an alternative word, then take sympathy.

Regardless of whether you're a Freethinker, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist, Christian, Believer, or ATR practitioner et cetera, empathy is the only one true and pure religion that God approves and finds no flaw or fault with.
Why? It is because empathy doesnt discriminate

Empathy, is a religion thats true and pure, in the sense of conforming to the accurate standard and expectation of God. Yes, compassion without fault and flaw such that God approves of is pure and true religion.

Trust me, empathy and/or compassion are true and pure religion combo win-win that delights God, so dont be fooled if/when told God does NOT have a religion.
that gain anyone brownie points

Can the real mouse please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by Maynmann: 4:52am On Jul 08, 2023
YungMillionaire:

If God is just a concept then he is not real. I put it to you that God exists outside of religion. Consequently, God does not have a religion.
How did you know this thing outside religion is called “God”.
And this thing called “God” created heaven and earth and is omnipotent and omniscient, did you just sit down and these ideas came to you or read it from somewhere?
Do animals have a religion just like this “God”?
And why are you using “he” for this creature, na man?

“God” exist in the English language and it’s a title, the various deities that bear this title like yahweh, Zeus and allah etc don’t exist.
“God” begins and ends in religion, whatever you think is outside religion, you will have to give it another name and define it for us.
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by johnw47: 6:46am On Jul 08, 2023
Janosky:

Christendom WORSHIP 3 (triune) Spirits.
Christendom is NOT Christian worship.
IYKYK.

lost fraud jw janosky

christendom is all christians, and all christians don't worship
3 (triune) Spirits as you lied and said:

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Christendom

noun
Chris·​ten·​dom ˈkris-ᵊn-dəm
: the entire body of Christians
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24am On Jul 08, 2023
YungMillionaire:

In other words you're asking of the religion that GOD APPROVES, right? smiley
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29am On Jul 08, 2023
YungMillionaire:

This is not evidence that Judaism or Christianity is the religion of God.

Christianity is the end product of what God has been working on for thousands of years and humans are His experiment.

Would you like to know why Christianity is the only religion approved by God today?

I hope you've not dismissed intelligent talks completely because that's the only way to answer your question! smiley
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by NNTR: 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Christianity is the end product of what God has been working on for thousands of years and humans are His experiment.
Christianity was created by the Roman state, precisely to be in fact, Christianity, is a Constantine invented religion

MaxInDHouse:
Would you like to know why Christianity is the only religion approved by God today?

I hope you've not dismissed intelligent talks completely because that's the only way to answer your question! smiley
The word Christianity doesnt even exist anywhere in the bible (i.e. the word Christianity is AWOL MIA in the bible)

Acceptable tasks, duties, actions, undertakings et cetera that people do to other people, is what you'll find God approving, endorsing, supporting and even that God takes delight in.

The faith one has, is what often dictates what acceptable tasks, duties, actions, undertakings (i.e. religion) one follows

Religion, has to do with more of practice(s) (i.e. habitually, repeatedly or regularly doing something) than belief (i.e. faith)

While biblical faith is about a holy and spiritual conviction, religion that God approves of, is about practices with reference to the influence of the sacred

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: God Does NOT Have A Religion. Don't Be Fooled. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2023
NNTR:

While biblical faith is about a holy and spiritual conviction, religion that God approves of, is about PRACTICES with reference to the influence of the sacred

Can you present any group of people having this so called PRACTICES?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things I Discovered About The Average Christian Since I Gave My Life To Christ / Best Way To Celebrate Birthdays With Apostle Joshua Selman / The Fool Had Said In His Heart - There Is No God. But Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.