Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? (12061 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / Man Narrates How He Disqualified 3 Job Seekers For Not Having PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Lorayne(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2023
only 3 rejections in a week and you need comforting? hahahahahahaha... very funny
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
I have sent possibly more than 80 applications and fortunately, I got called by a few.

I have exhausted scarce resources to attend interviews, editing and re-editing resumes to fit a certain role and position, cost of transportation, I don't want to even mention having to trek a long distance sometimes due to lack of fund to pay Tfare. I mean someone is broke and hungry and trying his best to land a job but he's rather receiving rejection mails. What is this?

On Monday, I received a rejection mail from automobile company where I applied for a marketing role. On Tuesday, I received another one from a production factory.

Now I just returned from another job hunting only to open my mail and saw another rejection mail. This very one pain me most because I had high hope on it and i have spent so much on it too. During the second stage of the interview, I can remember how I waited from 8am till 5pm just to see 'Oga', and after seeing him, I began to walk my way home and got home late. I know i'm sounding sentimental here but it's so annoying that i went through all that 'ontop empty belle' and at the end, I wasnt offered the job.

Very very painful and morale killing.

I feel so bad right now.

Feels like the world has crashed.

Feels like everything has finished.

Feels like everything has ended.

Feels like more hunger for me ahead ahead.

Who has faced this before?

How did you comfort yourself?

Remember this is just part one you dey
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by lomprico(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
I have sent possibly more than 80 applications and fortunately, I got called by a few.

I have exhausted scarce resources to attend interviews, editing and re-editing resumes to fit a certain role and position, cost of transportation, I don't want to even mention having to trek a long distance sometimes due to lack of fund to pay Tfare. I mean someone is broke and hungry and trying his best to land a job but he's rather receiving rejection mails. What is this?

On Monday, I received a rejection mail from automobile company where I applied for a marketing role. On Tuesday, I received another one from a production factory.

Now I just returned from another job hunting only to open my mail and saw another rejection mail. This very one pain me most because I had high hope on it and i have spent so much on it too. During the second stage of the interview, I can remember how I waited from 8am till 5pm just to see 'Oga', and after seeing him, I began to walk my way home and got home late. I know i'm sounding sentimental here but it's so annoying that i went through all that 'ontop empty belle' and at the end, I wasnt offered the job.

I feel so bad right now.

No time to sulk or console yourself, keep applying for the next openings, till you hit one. All the best.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by shegzhkn: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2023
Standstrong:
Don't worry. Tinubu will create sufficient jobs soon.
Yes, i believe tinubu will transform Nigeria from an impoverished backwater underdeveloped shithole to a developed country and it will be dubbed 'Miracle on iragbiji lake'.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:17am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Travail in prayers like a woman in labour , and give birth to your destiny....
You don't need to apply, your dreams will show you your job and you will be called for interview.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by casualobserver: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2023
You don’t need comfort, you need to be uncomfortable that whatever you have been doing was rejected. Your comfort or need for comfort is why you were rejected so stop looking for comfort and look for discomfort for it is in discomfort that we improve.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:17am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Their loss... something better is coming!

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by bjdon: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2023
With each rejection, your job gets closer

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Dagenius53: 11:18am On Jul 08, 2023
Please start a petty business and brand it well to your customers, then thank me later.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Savechild23: 11:18am On Jul 08, 2023
Cold beer if u can afford it with flames between your fingers

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by StrikeBack(m): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2023
Without jobs rejections, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I like failing because I get to move on to better things

Embrace failure for their lies opportunities

3 Likes

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by pikechukwu6(m): 11:19am On Jul 08, 2023
grin grin Hope village people are not involved..

Take a good chilled beer and revibe the lost head
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by princeFAD: 11:19am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

May be you can try to venture into farming for the meantime, at least to have something to eat pending when you will land your dream job
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by easzypeaszy(m): 11:19am On Jul 08, 2023
Just set ur heart above the heavens.
Bc notin fit gv u joy other dan mk u view it as worldly tins and vanity den mk Jesus ur love.
Only tin dat can free u now
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by RuddyFusion(m): 11:19am On Jul 08, 2023
A lot of factors could be responsible... maybe you're missing out on one or two things required for those jobs...

So take all the little details in before applying and attending the next interview.....

But then everything is not as we see them, check the thread below for my personal experience. Thanks
-

https://www.nairaland.com/6522992/deliverance-works-when-everything-else
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by jydeskill1(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2023
Learn from the process. Scrutinize the factors why you failed and work on it.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by shadrach77: 11:20am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
Your input and words of encouragement would be highly appreciated.
All is well! It will be well. Relax. God is in control 🙏🏼
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by maxzzo1(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2023
Abeg ake sniper dey far from u....firstly
Rejoice not many people have seen such opportunities DAT means der is hope....
Note u just gained an experience in life....
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by HussenAdul: 11:20am On Jul 08, 2023
This message has been already in their system. Even if when one has a very good experience and they find out that they can't pay u.
U will still get same message from them

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by marlow1962(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2023
OvercomeShine:

Tinubu is already a failure from the look of things
Ahhh cheesy, na people lord and personal savior you they refer to as failure grin

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by ebenholer2(m): 11:22am On Jul 08, 2023
Fear of losing is one of the devices of the devil to make u sad...does ur Health and life depends on whether u get such jobs or not? Disappointing moments are parts of what make or mar us as humans and those that won't allow them to subdue them are the fittest who are meant for the peak.
However restrategized and be creative, u may not need a job but should create one. Look at what u know how to do best and find the way to raise funds to put them in action. Then you should be able to thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Adeneeyee84: 11:22am On Jul 08, 2023
Get a good drinking bar ask for a cold bottle of Hero beer with catfish pepper sour and thank your God for been among the living soul
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by hustla(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2023
3 in one week and u dey complain

Was job hunting and applying to the US using Easy Apply on Linkedin in 2020, got over 600 rejections in one month and 2 interviews

If rejections dey bother you, then you're not ready

Best thing is to create an inbox rule in your email that will read and delete anything that contains "Unfortunately" "We regret to" "We will not be moving forward with" etc

Just Dey play grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Germi9: 11:24am On Jul 08, 2023
This means that you are close to your breakthrough
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by olaodun: 11:25am On Jul 08, 2023
dont put all your eggs in a basket be applying and be doing businesses without much money like online sales agents and also learn a skills
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by DesChyko: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2023
It's a loss that I can't call you by your first name, however, I do hope you understand how I really mean every word of what I'm about to share.

The true test of iron is fire. I understand rejections; I have one of the worst reactions to being let down, especially where I have invested a lot in and have so much hope in. But I try to remember, I didn't come this far by quitting. I'll take my time to be really angry with myself; Hell! I even go take some alcohol and chill; simmer over my loss, whatever I need to do to release the disappointment in another form. Then I take all that energy and throw it into my next effort. I'm meant for this. I'll pass through the fire and come out stronger. I'll go again. And again if I have to.
And God helps me, when I eventually land that Gig.. I'll take a huge bite out of my first paycheck as a well done tip. Heaven knows I deserve it.

Hang in there brother! You're the only one on this earth on your path. You'll definitely get there. The day or the destination may not be in sight for now, but you wake up everyday because you're definitely gonna get there. And the society will understand why you needed to be there and what makes you different.💪

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Elmgnifico(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2023
Joeboy - Alcohol
Play it, do it..

Then continue the search again, don't give up. If you are still younger, try starting as an intern to gather experience, it's not gonna be easy though.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Emyemyberry(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
Your input and words of encouragement would be highly appreciated.
drop your number
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by frozen70(f): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

God has not rejected you, keep trying and one day you will have three appointments that you will be so happy and you won't know which to choose from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by erai30(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2023
I'm sure you voted for Tinubu, but not to worry for life is a journey with bumps and pot holes, bends and turns.... Keep pushing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N-power Batch C: Clarification About N-power Print Out Submission / Gni (great Nigeria Insurance Plc) Urgent Please / Job Interviews And The State Of Education In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.