Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,476 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? (12111 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / Man Narrates How He Disqualified 3 Job Seekers For Not Having PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by liamjakes247: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
Take online surveys, pray and check around for any menial job you can do
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by sevenseas(m): 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
You go home and send another 500 applications

You only need 1 to work. Never Give Up.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Jcomtrader: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
Start affiliate biz. Refer people to trading platforms and earn commission
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Kaptainkoko: 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
Your input and words of encouragement would be highly appreciated.

Just keep trying. It will surely come. Also, try learn something that can keep your mind busy.
During the covid lock down. Our office were locked during that time, I learnt shoe making and I'm extremely happy about it.
So keep hope alive. It will surely come.
Best wishes.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
Treasure17:
Someone said when all the doors closes, God will open a window. As long as you keep doing the right thing, you will look back and smile.

@radiolover

Please don't give up.

The strategy of the devil is to frustrate you when your breakthrough is near.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by mcgodison2531(m): 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
Never give up
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by jesmond3945: 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
I have sent possibly more than 80 applications and fortunately, I got called by a few.

I have exhausted scarce resources to attend interviews, editing and re-editing resumes to fit a certain role and position, cost of transportation, I don't want to even mention having to trek a long distance sometimes due to lack of fund to pay Tfare. I mean someone is broke and hungry and trying his best to land a job but he's rather receiving rejection mails. What is this?

On Monday, I received a rejection mail from automobile company where I applied for a marketing role. On Tuesday, I received another one from a production factory.

Now I just returned from another job hunting only to open my mail and saw another rejection mail. This very one pain me most because I had high hope on it and i have spent so much on it too. During the second stage of the interview, I can remember how I waited from 8am till 5pm just to see 'Oga', and after seeing him, I began to walk my way home and got home late. I know i'm sounding sentimental here but it's so annoying that i went through all that 'ontop empty belle' and at the end, I wasnt offered the job.

Very very painful and morale killing.

I feel so bad right now.

Feels like the world has crashed.

Feels like everything has finished.

Feels like everything has ended.

Feels like more hunger for me ahead ahead.

Who has faced this before?

How did you comfort yourself?
is at this point you will fear God. You will get the job soon but are you ready to be thankful to God when it happens. There are ways to kill the thoughts and torment.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by bluefilm: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2023
Standstrong:
Don't worry. Tinubu will create sufficient jobs soon.

He needs comforting.

Not you making the whole situation even worse for him with this your response.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by DMCY: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
I have sent possibly more than 80 applications and fortunately, I got called by a few. ?

The only consolation is the one you give yourself, buckle up and look for an alternative when you feel like you can’t continue anymore.

Was in a similar shoe earlier this year when I got rejected by 8 out of 10 universities which all came in the space of 2 weeks.. I never gave up on the other 2 and they came out good at the long run…

Cheer up and stay blessed.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by MyExpression(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2023
3in a week.

Devil don show him hand...there's nothing to think bout it.

Only you cannot be having opportunities yet too dull to secure any.

Go wash your head.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Versal: 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
You are seeking comfort for disappointment by
Zoogeria government. Just de play.
The only thing i will admonish you is
"What do you have in your hands?"
Start from there.

Nigeria is going to get uglier and messier
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by sholey4love: 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
Use Bunto blood tonic
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Thermodynamics(m): 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
I have sent possibly more than 80 applications and fortunately, I got called by a few.

I have exhausted scarce resources to attend interviews, editing and re-editing resumes to fit a certain role and position, cost of transportation, I don't want to even mention having to trek a long distance sometimes due to lack of fund to pay Tfare. I mean someone is broke and hungry and trying his best to land a job but he's rather receiving rejection mails. What is this?

On Monday, I received a rejection mail from automobile company where I applied for a marketing role. On Tuesday, I received another one from a production factory.

Now I just returned from another job hunting only to open my mail and saw another rejection mail. This very one pain me most because I had high hope on it and i have spent so much on it too. During the second stage of the interview, I can remember how I waited from 8am till 5pm just to see 'Oga', and after seeing him, I began to walk my way home and got home late. I know i'm sounding sentimental here but it's so annoying that i went through all that 'ontop empty belle' and at the end, I wasnt offered the job.

I feel so bad right now.

Believe me when I tell you that there are millions of Nigerians currently I'm your shoes, I received around 20 rejection in one day, every week I apply for over 70 jobs and I've still not gotten any, just calm down, if some of us tell you our story you go shared tears.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Killerbag36: 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
Standstrong:
Don't worry. Tinubu will create sufficient jobs soon.

Sha bi
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Thermodynamics(m): 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
easzypeaszy:
Just set ur heart above the heavens.
Bc notin fit gv u joy other dan mk u view it as worldly tins and vanity den mk Jesus ur love.
Only tin dat can free u now

What if heaven does not exist? Have you thought about that?

I'm not saying it doesn't exist I'm just saying you can't be sure. NO ONE CAN.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by yusufmurry: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2023
How would one feel after receiving a job in the next week?

@OP, nothing is the end of life. That you are rejected today doesn't mean the same tomorrow. Pick up yourself, learn the lesson, prepare again and move on.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Web2020: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

This is definitely not Nigeria. OP confirms be I will give you my advice
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Firefunmi2014: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Ops. You are not alone on this journey. I can't count the number of unfortunate letter I have received in the last 6months, in the month of June I attended 3 interviews, i didn't get any offer, the one that pained me most was the one in my office. I prepared as if I was planning to write final stage of ICAN exams. I knew I did well in the interview but the role was given to less qualified person. I was in the same position you are , but after 2days I moved on to apply for more jobs.

The most important thing is that you are being called for an interview, keep applying very soon you land the job of your dreams, please always get a feedback from them as this will also help you to know how to improve on yourself.

I wish you best of luck
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Shikena(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
By celebrating each rejection and counting down to commemorative rejection milestones - Les Brown grin

Rejection No.10, No.25 Silver Jubilee Rejection etc. Mock each rejection but don't stay on the same spot with your interview preparation. Be your own best critic & work on your weaknesses. Don't be lazy with interview preparation.

Remember, all it takes is ONE acceptance and you have a job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Firefunmi2014: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
Purvan:
You're getting rejected either because you're not experienced or skilled enough for the job or because you have no connection to the job

Be humble and look for jobs you can to feed your self like bar tending, night security guard etc.

It is not always like that. Most qualified and brilliant ones get rejection letters
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Firefunmi2014: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Travail in prayers like a woman in labour , and give birth to your destiny....
You don't need to apply, your dreams will show you your job and you will be called for interview.

While I don't down play the power of prayers, ops needs to apply for jobs, attend interviews and God will perfect his efforts. God is not a magician.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by AndroidAI(m): 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2023
sonofthunder:

He applied to about 100.... Attended numerous interviews. Three rejections in one week.

Hope you understand now.

Oh, I get it.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by compu(m): 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2023
Never Give up!
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Charly68: 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
Your best is yet to come.. take heart ..
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by naturefellow(m): 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
Purvan:
You're getting rejected either because you're not experienced or skilled enough for the job or because you have no connection to the job

Be humble and look for jobs you can to feed your self like bar tending, night security guard etc.
bitter pill
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by omojeesu(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2023
Stop looking for jobs.

Learn about passive income and be your own job.

My advice
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by quickberry(m): 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
Your input and words of encouragement would be highly appreciated.

Your qualification and location?
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by bonnyhope: 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Most graduates pass through this phase in Nigeria. Except few who are fortunate and those who have longer legs.

But I assure you, is going be fine Las las
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by CartelKenneth: 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sniper
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by inforesource: 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Your own small, go and ask the owner of Alibaba and read his story on job rejection. Secondly, it is actually telling you something about yourself so I believe you are a great achiever if you don't give up.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Berankis: 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

The truth is a lot of us have gone through this stage Iife. It is very dejecting and very devastating but then you only have God, yourself and may be 1 or 2 persons who still believe in you. My brother, these are all the people you need to pull through and never give up. It will not be easy but you will surely survive it.
A little about me... I graduated from a Fed University and thought getting a job would be easy but I trekked the whole VI in search of Jobs for 2years, which I never got. I started repairing computers for business centres, later got a small job in Jos (all the way from Lagos), but I went anyway. Later got sacked with several others after 2years of dedicated service. I left for Abeokuta for another small job, had to squat with a female relative (a student), after 3months, I got a better offer and moved back to Lagos. Things were a little better and I got married and job became insufficient and I had to resign to start personal sales business.
Long and short of my story is:
Don't walk the job search journey alone, do it with friends, other job seekers, naira landers and other forums.
Be tough, it won't be easy at all
Be sure of yourself that you will pull through and never give up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Latest Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers For Job Interviews / No Work Experience? Here Are Tips To Help You Write A Great CV / Get A Job For Yourself Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.