Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? (12082 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / Man Narrates How He Disqualified 3 Job Seekers For Not Having PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Firefunmi2014:

While I don't down play the power of prayers, ops needs to apply for jobs, attend interviews and God will perfect his efforts. God is not a magician.

The ways of God is not the ways of man...didn't you read where he said he has applied more than 80 times??

And NONE .....lols ....you won't understand that at a time , Abraham lied to reach his destiny.....
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Stevengold(m): 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2023
Standstrong:
Don't worry. Tinubu will create sufficient jobs soon.

Mumu post. grin
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Kennyquestt: 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2023
You can not make such conclusion, did you see his CV or sat with him to hear his work experience?

A little word of kindness is what that man needs.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by charlizonto: 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2023
Joey4321:

Stay strong my brother.

You will one day look back and realise how far you have come.

I have been in this situation before. But at the point of giving up. God intervened and I got called for 2 jobs.

This was after months of trying and heartbreak.

You have to do one job.

DO NOT LET IT AFFECT YOUR SELF-ESTEEM.

you have to know that you are more valuable than the job you are chasing.

You have to hold yourself in high esteem. And the rest will follow.

You are very valuable.

To yourself. To your family. To your friends and most importantly in the eyes of God your Father.

Also bear in mind that interviewing process is not really a good qualifier that someone is qualified for a job. Some organizations just do not have a suitable process identify good candidates.

Have this in mind and know that applications is a game of numbers

Shallom.
Thumbs up bro...
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by jumokeadele(m): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2023
work more on yourself than you work on the job, learn latest skills to upgrade your jobs. do what you can do for the company if you were employed, but do it for free.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Tesike: 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
[/color]Receiving multiple job rejections in a short period of time can be disheartening, but it's important to remember that it's a common experience for many job seekers. Here are some ways to comfort yourself and regain motivation:

1. Allow yourself to feel disappointed: It's normal to feel down after being rejected, so give yourself permission to acknowledge and process those emotions. Don't dismiss or suppress your feelings. Instead, accept them and understand that setbacks are a part of the job search process.

2. Remember that it's not personal: Rejections are not a reflection of your worth or capabilities. Realize that there could be various reasons why you weren't successful, many of which may be beyond your control. Focus on what you can control moving forward.

3. Seek support: Reach out to friends, family, or mentors for emotional support. Share your feelings and frustrations with them; they can provide advice, encouragement, and a different perspective.

4. Self-reflect: Take the opportunity to reflect on your application materials, interview performance, and overall job search strategy. Consider if there are areas you could improve upon or if you need to make any adjustments. Seek feedback from interviewers or trusted individuals who can provide constructive criticism.

5. Practice self-care: Engage in activities that help you relax and recharge. Adopt a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly, eating well, and getting enough sleep. Take breaks from the job search to pursue hobbies, spend time with loved ones, or engage in activities that bring you joy.

6. Stay positive and maintain a growth mindset: Remember that rejection is a natural part of the process, and each rejection brings you one step closer to finding the right opportunity. Believe in yourself and maintain a positive attitude. Embrace the mindset that each rejection is an opportunity to learn and grow.

7. Keep going: It's important not to let rejections deter you from pursuing your goals. Resilience and perseverance are key in the job search. Revise your resume, tailor your cover letter, and keep applying to positions that align with your skills and interests. Learn from each experience and use it to improve your chances in future job applications.

Remember that everyone experiences rejection at some point. The key is to stay determined, learn from the experience, and keep moving forward.[color=#000000]
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Mayeldah(m): 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
get a teaching job or any other low paying job to keep body and soul together while you continue your search

one day and soonest, you will smile again

Most of us have gone through this, but today we bigger, better, and thriving!
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by charlizonto: 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
All these great men you'd hear their success stories were once rejected at some stages in their lives but they never gave up on their dreams...

So bro just cheer up and always believe in yourself as long as you are alive that your current situation is going to change for good...

Patience is the 🗝️
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by ibkonekt(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
Dont give up. Change strats and try again
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by holybabayo(m): 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
I don't know what you studied. But try and learn how to drive. Then apply for driving job. Or get a car you drive as a bolt driver. That can keep you going until you get a job. My advice
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by easzypeaszy(m): 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
Thermodynamics:

What if heaven does not exist? Have you thought about that?

I'm not saying it doesn't exist I'm just saying you can't be sure. NO ONE CAN.
If u like be Thermodynamics I am more scientific than you're.. They called me Relativity.
Notin gives peace of mind like havin assurance of a better place after here wch is heaven.. So just accept it even if it's not true.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by fuqua: 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
Don't despair. Try to think outside the box and focus on what you think you're good at and invest time and energy perfecting it
radiolover:
I have sent possibly more than 80 applications and fortunately, I got called by a few.

I have exhausted scarce resources to attend interviews, editing and re-editing resumes to fit a certain role and position, cost of transportation, I don't want to even mention having to trek a long distance sometimes due to lack of fund to pay Tfare. I mean someone is broke and hungry and trying his best to land a job but he's rather receiving rejection mails. What is this?

On Monday, I received a rejection mail from automobile company where I applied for a marketing role. On Tuesday, I received another one from a production factory.

Now I just returned from another job hunting only to open my mail and saw another rejection mail. This very one pain me most because I had high hope on it and i have spent so much on it too. During the second stage of the interview, I can remember how I waited from 8am till 5pm just to see 'Oga', and after seeing him, I began to walk my way home and got home late. I know i'm sounding sentimental here but it's so annoying that i went through all that 'ontop empty belle' and at the end, I wasnt offered the job.

Very very painful and morale killing.

I feel so bad right now.

Feels like the world has crashed.

Feels like everything has finished.

Feels like everything has ended.

Feels like more hunger for me ahead ahead.

Who has faced this before?

How did you comfort yourself?
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
I have sent possibly more than 80 applications and fortunately, I got called by a few.

I have exhausted scarce resources to attend interviews, editing and re-editing resumes to fit a certain role and position, cost of transportation, I don't want to even mention having to trek a long distance sometimes due to lack of fund to pay Tfare. I mean someone is broke and hungry and trying his best to land a job but he's rather receiving rejection mails. What is this?

On Monday, I received a rejection mail from automobile company where I applied for a marketing role. On Tuesday, I received another one from a production factory.

Now I just returned from another job hunting only to open my mail and saw another rejection mail. This very one pain me most because I had high hope on it and i have spent so much on it too. During the second stage of the interview, I can remember how I waited from 8am till 5pm just to see 'Oga', and after seeing him, I began to walk my way home and got home late. I know i'm sounding sentimental here but it's so annoying that i went through all that 'ontop empty belle' and at the end, I wasnt offered the job.

I feel so bad right now.

We don face am, many times.

See, ehn, a lot of jobs being advertised already have people to fill them from nepotism and "Oga's candidate" syndrome.

When you see adverts, it doesn't hurt to start by finding out if you know anyone there or know anyone who does.

Networking had got me far more jobs than just applying and going for interviews.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Dotman2210(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sometimes rejection are just redirection, it's all part of the process keep applying and don't get discouraged, remember that you're trying your best,so be kind to yourself. Cheers
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Pascaldebravoo: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

You are taking the right steps although none has fetched you the desired outcome. Don't ever give up at these couple of disappointments. All you need now is to encourage yourself and not to be depressed. Get up! Don't dwell on the losses in the past. Embrace the future. Do more and pray more then see yourself soon getting something better than all the chances you have lost. Cheer up, OP, there is something bigger and better coming your way—only if you refused to give up.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by mikeapollo: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

The surest assurance to comfort yourself is God and the fact that you are still breathing.
God is preparing you for a great break through but you need to go through His process and training so that you can know how to maintain the huge blessing that is coming your way. Stay focused. He is aware of what you are going through and He will surely see you through. Do not lose your training and discipline whilst you are still facing these challenges. When the breakthrough comes, you will have a big story to tell!
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Exceed15: 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
I have been there before infact more frustrating than yours. Two things helped
1.I prayed
2.Surrounded myself with people that values me.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Liamm(m): 3:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
I could tell this is one of the most disappointing experiences ever. I really feel for you especially considering the present economic reality. Don't let the rejection mails weigh you down. However, see it as a precursor for something bigger. In the meantime, you can look towards jobs with considerable pay that can cater for your stomach infrastructure whilst you're still open to landing that your dream job. I wish you all the best bro.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by madmelon: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Your comprehension skills is poor..read again and understand the OP before you comment..i sure say you are not employable. quote author=AndroidAI post=124288383]

People are applying to more than 10 jobs in a day, and you are applying to just 3 in a week? Are you applying offline or online?[/quote]
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by vickydevoka(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Only 3. Me na 20 rejection in a month
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Kemadealadire(f): 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lol, you change your style and keep moving.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by emmyN(m): 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
Just three? cheesy
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Tzar(m): 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
Rejection is not easy for anyone. Please stay strong and focused.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Quebec91(m): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hoping on that is like hoping when Camel will enter the eye of the needle
Standstrong:
Don't worry. Tinubu will create sufficient jobs soon.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by NEUDUDE: 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
Boss na who give up na him lose. Just reading this i just remenisce my situation. I was given quit notice to leave a face n slap you house cos i couldnt afford rent in time years ago. My friends comot eye, na one person wey God touch him heart na him accomodate me reluctantly. Fast forward five months later. I bought my first car right in front of the said house i was given a notice. It had to be delivered there cos the guy that gave me connect used to live opposite me. Not like that was intentional or anything a couple months later. I rented an apt that costs times 20 of the face n slap annually. Sometimes life loves to give lemons dont take it personally. This too shall pass just double your hustle and stay positive bro

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Redman44(m): 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2023
Mayeldah:
get a teaching job or any other low paying job to keep body and soul together while you continue your search

one day and soonest, you will smile again

Most of us have gone through this, but today we bigger, better, and thriving!

I am a teacher and I must confess that teaching jobs can help the OP on his journey. Teaching jobs are mostly low paying, except you know how to organize private lessons to augment your pay. Parents might owe you money though sad sad sad. To get a very good salary as a teacher, you need to get jobs in top private schools like British International School, Atlantic Hall, Corona Secondary School, Greensprings School, Rainbow Secondary School etc. OP, get a teaching job that will allow you to make money to apply for the kind of job you want.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Ynix(m): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Perhaps you are not called to be an employee. Think of it what about volunteering, send a mail or letter to the company seeking for volunteering opportunities. Check your CV well, you dressing and communication etiquette

If it's possible chat me up let me help you land your next job via simple conversation
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by DrMuzungu(m): 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

First of all, sorry for your troubles. BUt hey, listen... sometimes, rejection is a blessing in disguise!

if your rejections were due to your inability to perform, lack of required experience, etc, don't give up. Find ANY job so you can get food, and use the time to brush up your knowledge. But if these rejections were due to tribal cr@a, or because a recruiter was a j3rk, or something like that, it is a blessing, trust me. A couple of years ago my employer refused to extend my contract, 8 days to the expiry of that contract, due to backstabbing of an a$$hole who was fired a year later for shaking the boat too much. Good riddance of bad rubbish, for him. So, I was told my contract won't be extended, so I rushed to file as many job applications as I could (I think I sent between 150 and 200 applications). Two days later I was called for the first round of interviews, it all sounded great, I was called for the second round... and got the job. Little did I know, the whole process was that easy because they were desperate to find ANYONE to fill my critically important position. And why were they desperate? Because anyone in town but me (I am not from this town) knew they shortchange you, refuse to pay, do a lot of mobbing etc. I did make some money from that job, but just a little. If I did not get it, the first 10 to 20 days would be hard, but something better would come my way. That job kept me from looking for and finding a better job for 8 months. Once I left, a lot of other colleagues followed. The company is now totally bankrupt and the owner still plays a big man, lol.

So my advice is, be humble, get ANY job you can physically do and, by all means, keep searching for what you WANT to do.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
.... you apply for more jobs.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by achimendy(m): 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Don't feel dejected and depressed, instead use it as a source of motivation and keep pushing.

We've all been there b4. Dont just give up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

74RRI Army Recruitment Exercise Pre-screening Examination Result / Interview Invite From Workforce / Drury Industries Limited Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (14 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.