Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? (12075 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / Man Narrates How He Disqualified 3 Job Seekers For Not Having PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by easytig(m): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2023
Thats the story of the Nigerian dream,if you are not connected,I mean strong hand and leg connection,just go do something else with your life,those juicy jobs are reserved for the rich privileged kids only.

My close friend just got employed by a pension fund company,it was her mum that pulled all the strings behind the scene,it took time though due to other candidates with their own connections,but her mum really pushed it very well with her contacts in that industry,I'm glad for her though.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by GOVERNORR: 11:29am On Jul 08, 2023
Listen to music and do some exercise..

Think only about the moment as every other is unimportant
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by iykepromotions: 11:31am On Jul 08, 2023
World has not crashed. Simply move on and believe in better days ahead. Don't too believe in your certificate. There are many under graduates, drop outs that are self made. Try to employ yourself if you can. That's the best if you ask me. Once there's life, there's always hope. Move on.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Emeka71(m): 11:31am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
Your input and words of encouragement would be highly appreciated.
Forget about white-collar job; go and start up a trade.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by aylagos(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
I have sent possibly more than 80 applications and fortunately, I got called by a few.

I have exhausted scarce resources to attend interviews, editing and re-editing resumes to fit a certain role and position, cost of transportation, I don't want to even mention having to trek a long distance sometimes due to lack of fund to pay Tfare. I mean someone is broke and hungry and trying his best to land a job but he's rather receiving rejection mails. What is this?

On Monday, I received a rejection mail from automobile company where I applied for a marketing role. On Tuesday, I received another one from a production factory.

Now I just returned from another job hunting only to open my mail and saw another rejection mail. This very one pain me most because I had high hope on it and i have spent so much on it too. During the second stage of the interview, I can remember how I waited from 8am till 5pm just to see 'Oga', and after seeing him, I began to walk my way home and got home late. I know i'm sounding sentimental here but it's so annoying that i went through all that 'ontop empty belle' and at the end, I wasnt offered the job.

Very very painful and morale killing.

I feel so bad right now.

Feels like the world has crashed.

Feels like everything has finished.

Feels like everything has ended.

Feels like more hunger for me ahead ahead.

Who has faced this before?

How did you comfort yourself?
start your own business
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by aswani(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2023
Morning, it is a pain you have to go through to appreciate the good times ahead.

I myself received so many rejections, to the Lord be the glory, the one interview I went for, I was told even before the interview ended that I was by far the best candidate so far and got the job.

Take time to cope with the pain of the rejection but you must timebox it. Once that period of "mourning" is over, be positive and get back on the horse.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Hookuper(m): 11:35am On Jul 08, 2023
It marvels me that in this century lot of graduates still make use of olden days CV format.

Listen. If you are not serious with job hunting, it will show on your CV. Have you Ever tried giving your CV a nice modern look. Trust me. Out of 20 companies you submit it, atleast 12 will call you for interview. Getting the job is now what you give in. In my years of joblessness (7years) I have never gotten any interview invite from big companies until I utilised the modern CV format. Behold NNPC called me, Dangote cement called me for top position interview although I failed the interview, I atleast was happy. Being invited for interview is the first and opportunity step

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by ZOT2023: 11:37am On Jul 08, 2023
Maybe destiny is directing you to be self employed,try out something new,i see you sitting back and smilling over your disappointments.cheers
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Akalia(m): 11:41am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:
I have sent possibly more than 80 applications and fortunately, I got called by a few.

I have exhausted scarce resources to attend interviews, editing and re-editing resumes to fit a certain role and position, cost of transportation, I don't want to even mention having to trek a long distance sometimes due to lack of fund to pay Tfare. I mean someone is broke and hungry and trying his best to land a job but he's rather receiving rejection mails. What is this?

On Monday, I received a rejection mail from automobile company where I applied for a marketing role. On Tuesday, I received another one from a production factory.

Now I just returned from another job hunting only to open my mail and saw another rejection mail. This very one pain me most because I had high hope on it and i have spent so much on it too. During the second stage of the interview, I can remember how I waited from 8am till 5pm just to see 'Oga', and after seeing him, I began to walk my way home and got home late. I know i'm sounding sentimental here but it's so annoying that i went through all that 'ontop empty belle' and at the end, I wasnt offered the job.

I feel so bad right now.

You are close to a breatkthrough, steady your nerves.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by emilyone(f): 11:41am On Jul 08, 2023
Your helper will locate you soon in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Poske95(m): 11:41am On Jul 08, 2023
Comfort, you say...?
You gat 2 hands and legs and they're functional.....
When and if you wake up, tune to Aljazeera and digest the humanitarian news from Africa........
Rats didn't fk your certificate and CV........
You don't give your money to .....Hoes and Cut lasses......
You're very good to go by me......
It tells the best is waiting ...... it's testing your Grace.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Aurelius1(m): 11:42am On Jul 08, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Nigeria don kpafuruka !

Just pray to locate a helper!

I guess you are very fresh from school, years ago during my time, I traveled to the 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria for job interviews and was rejected from over 150 applications.

So one morning, I was so angered and I took a decision that I will never spend my hard earned money on any stupid interview instead let me use the remaining to save a soul.

The rest is history today
Are you self employed?
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by KingintheNorth(m): 11:42am On Jul 08, 2023
Talking from Experience sha, I was rejected also a couple of times before I got my big break that changed my life. So I believe something better is coming your way. There's always a rain before the storm.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Naz34(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2023
OvercomeShine:

Tinubu is already a failure from the look of things
just that peter obi is the worlds biggest failure ...
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by enemyofprogress: 11:45am On Jul 08, 2023
Isiewu and big stout are the answers. Don't kill yourself, one day e go better
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Naz34(m): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2023
OvercomeShine:

just that peter obi is the worlds biggest failure
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by enemyofprogress: 11:45am On Jul 08, 2023
OvercomeShine:

says an Igbo man
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by gabbytabby: 11:46am On Jul 08, 2023
Bad strategy. Choose your best 2 positions per week and do a good job of matching your skill set to the requirements of the job.

If you send in too many you are unlikely to do a good job with the application. It’s quality over quantity and May God reward you soon.

When you attend interviews always reflect and research your understanding of the questions and if there is an opportunity for feedback then get it so that you get better with the interviews.

radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by bolademi(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

It has nothing to do with bigger offer coming
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by SmartyPants(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2023
Try to find something doing of your own - no matter how little, this will help you remove your sense of self worth from an external locus of control.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by layzie: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

When it seems darkest, hold on a little longer for the first light of dawn. A bend in the road is not the end of the road, don't make the bend ur end. Remain positive and hopeful. Positive...very important.
Just keep on doing what u re doing with positivity and hope. Resist the urge to allow depression and complaints dampen ur positivity.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Sniperwallace07(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Don't let it weigh U down. As much as it is painful to bear, keep Ursef together and continue to strive hard. It'll end in praise.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by sonofElElyon: 11:57am On Jul 08, 2023
Comfort, no.. Resolve to push on, yes.
David encouraged himself in the Lord his God when he was in a seemingly hopeless situation and he emerged victorious.. do likewise! Have faith.. but then again, faith without obedience is a waste of effort.. forsake sin and become born again.. Jesus is the key to your breakthrough! Shalom!
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Swanberry: 12:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
Move on
And most importantly find something doing,
Think outside the box and you will discover
It’s in you
All the best
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by phemmyfour: 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

You go again. While at it, look inward and find problem that you can be a solution to in your environment.

Unemployment rate is high in Nigeria, the probability of getting a NO will always be on the high side
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Sivou1(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

Please don't let that weigh you down, just have it at the back of your mind that God is preparing a better one for you. Pick yourself up, go for it again, have faith that you will get it. Then check proper body languages in interview which might be of help.
Hope to hear your good news soon, all the best.
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by agabaI23(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

I feel so bad right now.

"We regret" letters often come before "we are happy to inform you" letters. Only a few people side step the regret letter. Getting 3 in a week means you are doing something right. Hang in there. Keep applying. I will review your CV free of charge and help you with cover letter if you didn't go for interview for any of the 3 cases.
Chin up!

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by omniwater: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
Know thyself!

You're chasing shadows!
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by bigl: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
radiolover:

Thanks. Which skill would you recommend? Have any in mind?

It depends on a lot of factors like:

1. what u have flair for
2. What is in demand
3. amount of time/resources you can dedicate into acquiring new skills

Try your hands on:

1. Coding (Web/App Design) - html/css/javascript
2. Motion Graphics & Animation -
3. Social Media Marketting
4. Copy writing
5. Video Editing

All of which, there are video tutorials online that can teach u 80% of it .

It takes time though but its achievable.

We have gone past the era of "Go to school, get good grades then get a good job", into the era of "what can u do with your hands and your coconut head".

Even me, that i'm employed, i still do side jobs to augment what i earn so, try your hands on any of these fields listed above.

To know what recruiters/employers/clients need or skill they want, check job sites like indeed and check for keywords like "animator", "motion design" "video editor" "web developer" "javascript developer" etc
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Not much to offer. However, I say a prayer for you, that the Lord comforts you and that for the pain you feel with these rejections, you shall have equal and opposite joy for the future that will open up for you.

This I pray in Christ's name and power.

PonziHater

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by OdenKelechi(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lol, you better just keep applying. If you have time to feel bad, then you're wasting your time
Re: How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? by Lawalemi(m): 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
Life goes on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unity Bank Recruiting Very Soon ! / Chevron Nigeria Recruitment Exercise / Gvapartners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.