Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? (353 Views)

Dad Upset After Babymama Let Their Daughter Sit On Her Uncle's Lap - Video / Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time / A Family’s Reaction When Their Daughter Came Home Amid The Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by Bennga: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hi Nairalanders, while there are some wedding traditions that go in and out of style, there’s one that never will: Asking your future wife’s parents for their blessing.

I want to meet my girlfriend’s parents before proposing to her. She is of of the opinion that I should go and meet the marriage committee of their church, because her Father is a pastor and she is a Usher. You all know Deeper life things na..
My plan is to meet the parents and let them know my plans for my girlfriend, rather than going through their Church marriage committee.
While reaching out to them, Please, what is the ideal gift to go with?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by taylor89(m): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
cry
Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by Boogyman557: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
Holly Gram cool make sure say u carry better OGOGORO aka SNCHAPPS...

If u lose guard to go with dat HOT GIN..

Na KALA the paster go use BLAST BLAST ur left leg..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by shortgun(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
If you have parents go through them or with them or go with some elders.
It's disrespectful to go ask for a girl's hand in marriage by yourself as her boyfriend.

Westernization has really dealt with Africa angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by Nazgul: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gift kwa, you're not even sure if they'll accept you yet and you're talking about gift. Deeper life people are very religious.

Anyways, you can send her money to cook something special and buy drinks. That in my opinion is ok. You and her parents can discuss over the meal.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by opera1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
Your girl friend?
Talk to her and then talk to her parents since they are Deeper, you can do this via a pastor in the church or Elder in the church.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by Bennga: 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool make sure say u carry better OGOGORO aka SNCHAPPS...

If u lose guard to go with dat HOT GIN..

Na KALA the paster go use BLAST BLAST ur left leg..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Lolzzz, na from gate them go send me back.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by Bennga: 9:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
shortgun:
If you have parents go through them or with them or go with some elders.
It's disrespectful to go ask for a girl's hand in marriage by yourself as her boyfriend.

Westernization has really dealt with Africa angry angry

Hmmmmm, thank you for your response. My parents are late, and I am staying in a different state, hence, the idea of going there alone.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by Bennga: 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Nazgul:
Gift kwa, you're not even sure if they'll accept you yet and you're talking about gift. Deeper life people are very religious.

Anyways, you can send her money to cook something special and buy drinks. That in my opinion is ok. You and her parents can discuss over the meal.

Alright, thank you a bunch.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by Bennga: 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
opera1:
Your girl friend?
Talk to her and then talk to her parents since they are Deeper, you can do this via a pastor in the church or Elder in the church.

I don't want to go through the Church, they have strict policies.
I would have to pretend as if I haven't approached the girl before, let alone wooing her. The process too complex.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by shortgun(m): 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bennga:

Hmmmmm, thank you for your response. My parents are late, and I am staying in a different state, hence, the idea of going there alone.
Sorry about your parents, get some elderly relatives to go with you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by NoToPile: 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bennga:

I don't want to go through the Church, they have strict policies.
I would have to pretend as if I haven't approached the girl before, let alone wooing her. The process too complex.

You will still wed in that church and pass through their strict policies.

That doesn't stop you from informing her parents your intention it's quite gentlemanly.

Ask for their daughters hand and get ready to face the marriage committee, I wish you the best.

Non alcoholic wine is good to visit them with.

Then your people can come with you later on.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Way To Ask Parents For Permission To Marry Their Daughter? by GboyegaD(m): 12:38am On Jul 08, 2023
If she is a Deeper Life and the dad is a dedicated member, just know that even after telling the parents, they are going to send you to the marriage committee before you can move further with your intentions.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise, It's Urgent. / My "Of Course Challenge" Part One.. / So This Level Of Wickedness Also Exists Outside Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.