Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,240 members, 7,822,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? (32458 Views)

Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by phorget(m): 9:46am On Jul 09, 2023
The assistant pastor will soon go form his own church, that is how they'll go about claiming God called them.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Svoboda(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2023
Not being in speaking terms with someone isnt malice. Malice goes beyond that. It is being wicked and bearing ill feelings towards your fellow.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by tankoagaie: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2023
they are not in danger of any hell jesus already die for their sins so forget about it even u can engage in the same act ur sins are forgiven

1 Like

Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by GiZcorp: 9:51am On Jul 09, 2023
And u decided to bring it the public glare to attract insults and calumny against men of God, is that not slandering, are you not the one leading urself and others to hell fire like this
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by gabbasin: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2023
The reason behind their animosity is not far fetched. It's about money
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by sweetman2022: 9:57am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
Good day everyone. For a couple of weeks now, there has been issues where I worship.

Mostly between the Pastor and his assistant (presently former assistant). They had a falling out, which escalated to a point where the assistant stopped his duties.

Now, I managed to ask questions about the issue and the Pastor gave his version. I also got to know about the assistant's version.

However, here's the issue - they're not in speaking terms! Isn't that malice? Isn't that dangerous, and a deviation from what Christians ought to do? Are they not in danger of hell and manipulation from the devil and agents of sin?

What's even more painful is that the church just continues like there's no issue on ground. It's sad, really.
I had a similar experience in my former church. I was like how will you be keeping malice that God is against and yet still be laying hands on members and commanding brimstone with fire to do miracle with a falsified tongues. The hypocrisy of many christians is out of this world.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Henix(m): 10:01am On Jul 09, 2023
Pastors are also humans just like you and I. Most of them even live dirty life in their closets than you can ever imagine. Forget the outward holiness U see them display.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Galaxyss(m): 10:04am On Jul 09, 2023
You can't blame them because at the end of the day both are human, and as humans it is not out of place for individual to fight or keep malice. I remember when our assistant pastor said he wants to divorce his wife of two months. The church elders were against him, he had to leave the and proceeded with the divorce.

In essence, you should understand that no one is perfect, even a pastor.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by OloyeVIII: 10:10am On Jul 09, 2023
People go jus come online dey post rubbish. How e take concern you? How many muslims dey carry mosque matter come here? Abi you think say dem no dey get wahala..
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Rajiolaade: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2023
Billionaire2:
OP- I can bet my July salary, their issue has to do with either Power, Money or Women in the church .. if you dig deeper you’ll understand..

In this age and era, it beats my imagination that people are yet to realize that church is an enterprise and religion as whole is a tool for control and dominance …
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Myer(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
Good day everyone. For a couple of weeks now, there has been issues where I worship.

Mostly between the Pastor and his assistant (presently former assistant). They had a falling out, which escalated to a point where the assistant stopped his duties.

Now, I managed to ask questions about the issue and the Pastor gave his version. I also got to know about the assistant's version.

However, here's the issue - they're not in speaking terms! Isn't that malice? Isn't that dangerous, and a deviation from what Christians ought to do? Are they not in danger of hell and manipulation from the devil and agents of sin?

What's even more painful is that the church just continues like there's no issue on ground. It's sad, really.

They both need to learn Forgiveness and Leading by Example.
There are levels of forgiveness. Even when you are in the right, just make peace.
Everyone is growing.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Offpoint1: 10:27am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
Hmmm. Great submission. I've thought about this angle for weeks. Basically, what has kept me is the fact that some problems shouldn't take us out of the church. But I'm not comfortable at all.
The big question is '' Are they humans or Angel "?

Accepting Jesus doesn't turned you into Angel, you'll always flaw as a human.

Don't ever expect perfection from any human because they carry religious titles.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Felaincarnated: 10:27am On Jul 09, 2023
Christainity is anoda big fraud in Africa(Nigeria). Leave all dis god of men and worship ur God in ur truth and spirit. Judgement await us all
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by jubrilELsudan: 10:32am On Jul 09, 2023
OBVIOUSLY THE PASTOR FVCKED HIS ASSISTANT'S WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND

THE ASSISTANT DOESN'T HAVE SENSE CAUSE IF HE HAD SENSE THEN HE WILL FVCK THE PASTOR'S WIFE AND DAUGHTERS TO DO HIM BACK RATHER THAN KEEPING THE STUPID MALICE

I WON'T EVEN BE SURPRISED IF THE PASTOR TRIED TO FVCK HIM CAUSE PASTORS THESE DAYS NO DEY TAKE FVCK PLAY

Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by chukkystar(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2023
Not talking to someone is not necessarily Malice. It's probably avoiding the persons wahala. Malice has to do with deep sitted hatred for the other person to the point You guys do no speak
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Ekugbeh(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2023
You carry your Church matter come NL of all places. Na wa o Christians and you ended up saying nothing
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:37am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:

Malice is beyond not speaking to someone, it's actually bearing evil desire or thoughts against a person. It ranks up high with murder.

Cain had malice against Abel, but was cunning and was able to disguise it, then went on to murder his brother. This shows that there are people who chat with you and smile at you who actually bear malicious thoughts against you, these are worst than those who do not speak with you.

If you have tried to reconcile with a brother and the brother refuses to speak to you and you do all that is humanly possible to win them back, do you go on trying to speak with him? I don't think so. What you do is to wish them all the best in your heart, pray for them, but keep your distance so you don't get yourself burnt by their malicious thoughts.

I am not sure of your Church setting, however two pastors not being in talking term can bring a cancer into the Church, as it does not portray what brotherly love should be, and sets a bad precedence to followers, but I cannot conclude that both are malicious, as there may be one who has good intentions and has tried to reconcile with the other, but the other has formed a brick wall or maybe both have fallen off the path, I don't know.

An elder need to rebukes the offending party, then a group of elders, then it needs to be brought forward to the Church. If these fail the erring one needs to be excommunicated from the Church so as to protect others, from catching this cancer. And if this also fails, then he should be handed over to Satan, so that his Spirit will be preserved on the day of judgement

I pray the peace of God on your Church, and pray He keeps His children in that church from the grasp of the devil, and that one day we all attain the unity of the faith, the same unity which Christ prayed dearly before His ascension.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by ezechi242: 10:37am On Jul 09, 2023
its nothing, it happens in every company or industry.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by GorillaApp(m): 10:41am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:

Let me hear both sides
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Achieverbb(m): 10:41am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:

Business organization church is a scam👂
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Bananapill: 10:42am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:

And you brought it here for the world to judge or what? A true child of the household of God having issues won't bring it to the world to see?
Children who wash their dirty linen outside aren't true children of the household.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by sonofsteven: 10:45am On Jul 09, 2023
vdestro:

Therefore, it is possible to simply avoid and refuse to talk to a person without wishing him ill or harm, is this correct?

Well, if someone hurts me and we later settle, I may wish to withdraw from the person or limit my conversations with such person, doesn't mean I'm keeping malice, so we should forgive and forget and try as much as possible letting such repeat itself....
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by ceejay80s(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2023
vdestro:

Therefore, it is possible to simply avoid and refuse to talk to a person without wishing him ill or harm, is this correct?
Yes U can,
I no dey carry church for head, if U don't want someone to be Ur friend , yes U can, that doesn't mean U hate the person... sometimes U need to avoid some people for U to live long.
Why is there no thou shall not fight or quarrel or envy on 10 commandment... Even God himself said he's a jealous God, jealousy is no sin but what comes after it like trying to sabotage,harm or kill the person is where it becomes son..
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Originalsly: 10:55am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:

Hmmm. Great submission. I've thought about this angle for weeks. Basically, what has kept me is the fact that some problems shouldn't take us out of the church. But I'm not comfortable at all.

The Pastor and assistant are the leaders. No one is perfect ... these two should be more Christ like and be leading by example. Are they trying to follow in the footsteps of Christ? If no ... then why do you still believe you're in a church? Seems like you're in a cult and don't even know..... once you get in they snatch your senses .... you can't get out.
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Princewell2012(m): 10:56am On Jul 09, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Did you make efforts to speak to them? What was their response?
Bringing the matter to NL, shows you are not a true Christian.

BTW, there is no perfect church anywhere. Even if you find one, immediately you join, it will become imperfect.

He have not visited the pastor that left to find out what happened and he rushed to nairaland to mock the church

1 Like

Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Handsum64: 10:59am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:

Churches na scam and the ministers know that

1 Like

Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by pinknipple: 11:02am On Jul 09, 2023

Men should stop talking to wemen.
If they must earn their place in the society
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:08am On Jul 09, 2023
One of the devil's greatest weapons of assault against the church is causing disunity and strife between the church heads and congregation.He knows the power of unity in the church, and what it can do in destabilising his kingdom.So he will use all sorts of methods to introduce disunity and strife, including using careless believers, agents of darkness, and advance his agenda.

1 Like

Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by FrenchyL(m): 11:20am On Jul 09, 2023
LegallyBlunt:

Firstly,You should pray for them fevertly because this is what the Lord expects from you. Furthermore, you or someone needs to escalate the situation to a higher authority or senior Minister , that's if the church has a chain of command. This is crucial because while a lot of people see this as a misunderstanding between the pastor and his assistant, in reality it is an attack on the brethren from the pit of he'll and the aim is to scatter the flock hence making them easy targets for the devil. Keep praying for them please. God bless you 🙏
Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by FrenchyL(m): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
One of the devil's greatest weapons of assault against the church is causing disunity and strife between the church heads and congregation.He knows the power of unity in the church, and what it can do in destabilising his kingdom.So he will use all sorts of methods to introduce disunity and strife, including using careless believers, agents of darkness, and advance his agenda.

Spot on

1 Like

Re: Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? by Truthee: 11:30am On Jul 09, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Did you make efforts to speak to them? What was their response?
Bringing the matter to NL, shows you are not a true Christian.

BTW, there is no perfect church anywhere. Even if you find one, immediately you join, it will become imperfect.

Damn this was deep and I daresay true. Not the churchy guy tho. But Ive been given it some thiught lately.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Masquerades Invade Plateau Church, Flog Pastor, Worshipers (pic) / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center / Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.