Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women (1879 Views)

Why Do Women Marry Who They Donโ€™t Love ? / Why Do The Uneducated Ladies Get Married Before The Educated Ones? / Pictures Of Nigerian Women From Times Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by banku: 2:53am On Jul 09, 2023
Igbo Women Marry Down But Only Within Ndi-Igbo

There are good women everywhere but there are certain virtue you observe in most Igbo ladies that you do not often see in other women. It is when Igbo ladies marry only within their ethnic group; they are more willing than most ethnic groups to marry down. Most Yoruba ladies would not marry below their โ€œlevelโ€ unless some circumstances demand it. In the case of Hausa ladies, their families usually introduce them to men above their level. Other ethnic groups may vary.

What is even more surprising is why well-informed Igbo ladies would be willing to marry Ogbete Igbo men when they could do better! Some of us are so envious when we see a well-rounded lady being followed by one of our brothers. You can bet that she is Igbo! The same lady would never consider anyone outside of her ethnic group on the same level with our brother. It baffles some of us. We must ask what it is that makes modest Igbo men score so high with Igbo ladies!

https://www.theoasisreporters.com/virtues-in-most-igbo-ladies-and-why-modest-igbo-men-score-so-high-with-them-as-partners/
Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by crossfm: 7:17am On Jul 09, 2023
Another yeye thread.

Incoherent and lacks substance.

Igbo this, Yoruba that and Hausa that. When will we stop these nonsense.

Enough of using these ethnic groups to bring division,for God sake we have other ethnic groups in Nigeria,let us rest.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Almaigaa: 8:33am On Jul 09, 2023
banku:

!

https://www.theoasisreporters.com/virtues-in-most-igbo-ladies-and-why-modest-igbo-men-score-so-high-with-them-as-partners/

The reason is that, most Igbo women go to school upto degree. But Igbo men mostly don't go beyond Primary School. They focus on doing business. The time they were supposed to be in secondary school, they use that time to learn trade instead.

That's why educated IGBO women had no choice than to settle for less

4 Likes

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Chimarto: 10:28am On Jul 09, 2023
Almaigaa:

The reason is that, most Igbo women go to school upto degree. But Igbo men mostly don't go beyond Primary School. They focus on doing business. The time they were supposed to be in secondary school, they use that time to learn trade instead.

Settle for less?....an Igbo business man is better than any Nigerian graduate....the same Igbo lady was trained from the money earned as a result of his brother being a business man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Almaigaa: 10:38am On Jul 09, 2023
Chimarto:

Settle for less?....an Igbo business man is better than any Nigerian graduate....the same Igbo lady was trained from the money earned as a result of his brother being a business man.

Na LIE.
Most of them are ritualist and their women know this. That's why their wife's always result to cheating. Cause they find their men irritating and non-fit for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Ekundayo7574(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2023
Lol all this fish brain Igbos will never stop amazing us
Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Chimarto: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ekundayo7574:
Lol all this fish brain Igbos will never stop amazing us
Later they will say Igbo people lack respect....look at what Ekundayo who is a product of respect and highly educated person is proud to call a whole race a fish. So shameful of you.

Almaigaa:

Na LIE.
Most of them are ritualist and their women know this. That's why their wife's always result to cheating. Cause they find their men irritating and non-fit for them.
Well according to you, every successful business man is a ritualist grin keep it up with your hate and one day your grandchildren may end up being use as an offloader in Apapa warf. Better learn the "ritual" of becoming a successful business man.

4 Likes

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Madups(m): 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2023
I've noticed this. Despite their reputation as one of the most hypergamous women on earth. As a matter of fact there are many such cases around me. One thing for sure is that igbo women are smart and the educated ones hardly overrate their capability.
Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Proserpina: 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Almaigaa: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2023
Chimarto:

Later they will say Igbo people lack respect....look at what Ekundayo who is a product of respect and highly educated person is proud to call a whole race a fish. So shameful of you.

Well according to you, every successful business man is a ritualist grin keep it up with your hate and one day your grandchildren may end up being use as an offloader in Apapa warf. Better learn the "ritual" of becoming a successful business man.

You know it's the truth.
Most of them either made their wealth via Blood money, kidnapping (like Evans), Robbery, Rituals, Baby factory, drugs and forgery of Results (like the criminal Girl Mmesoma?)๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by banku: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Chei, you mean we cannot praise educated women again for their modesty. Na wa o!

The article was published on Igbo website 5 years ago.

crossfm:
Another yeye thread.

Incoherent and lacks substance.

Igbo this, Yoruba that and Hausa that. When will we stop these nonsense.

Enough of using these ethnic groups to bring division,for God sake we have other ethnic groups in Nigeria,let us rest.
Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by IamFINESSE: 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2023
Almaigaa:

Na LIE.

When we talk about cheating, Yoruba women cheat way more, they are hold a masters degree in cheating. Talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Almaigaa: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
IamFINESSE:

When we talk about cheating, Yoruba women cheat way more, they are hold a masters degree in cheating. Talking from experience

I am not Yoruba. But I know their women don't cheat. They respect their marriage.

1 Like

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by IamFINESSE: 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2023
Almaigaa:

I am not Yoruba. But I know their women don't cheat. They respect their marriage.

Lol, I'm not saying this based on tribal sentiment, I witnessed it first hand, it happened to me brotherly
Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Almaigaa: 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
IamFINESSE:

Lol, I'm not saying this based on tribal sentiment, I witnessed it first hand, it happened to me brotherly

No talk that one. Before one Yoruba married woman go open Toto give another person, over a thousand Igbo married women will do it with pleasure.

I am presently in Owerri and I will fvck one this evening. I fvcked a different one yesterday. They are ready to do anything with any man here. If you come around, I can arrange 5 different married ladies for you to fvck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by IamFINESSE: 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Almaigaa:

No talk that one. Before one Yoruba married woman go open Toto give another person, over a thousand Igbo married women will do it with pleasure.

I am presently in Owerri and I will fvck one this evening. I fvcked a different one yesterday. They are ready to do anything with any man here. If you come around, I can arrange 5 different married ladies for you to fvck.

Lol, well done boss, I no do

2 Likes

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by banku: 1:20am On Jul 10, 2023
Las Las, the praise of educated Igbo women modesty by the writer is right on. He was not ethnic bashing.

Almaigaa:

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Smartguyboy(m): 1:56am On Jul 10, 2023
Almaigaa:

You mean a graduate with masters or PhD who marry innoson motor settle for less or a lawyer who marry Escoba Smith settle for less?
You most be a fool to think like that .

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Almaigaa: 8:07am On Jul 10, 2023
Smartguyboy:

You mean a graduate with masters or PhD who marry innoson motor settle for less or a lawyer who marry Escoba Smith settle for less?

Na guys dey fvck all those Educated Igbo women. Haven't you heard of Drivers, House Boys and Gate men who are fvcking their Oga's wife's?
Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Smartguyboy(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2023
Almaigaa:

Na guys dey fvck all those Educated Igbo women. Haven't you heard of Drivers, House Boys and Gate men who are fvcking their Oga's wife's?

It happens every where
Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by Almaigaa: 8:19am On Jul 10, 2023
banku:
Las Las, the praise of educated Igbo women modesty by the writer is right on. He was not ethnic bashing.

Na LIE.
All of them are retired Ashawo. It is when they retire from Ashawo and runs Girls that, they marry one innocent Chinedu. Go to any Brothel, you will realise that over 95% of the ladies in those Brothels are from that region.

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by banku: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
A graduate, even with a PhD can hardly afford to marry an Igbo lady on the same level by the time the bride price is calculated.

The business men with far less education are richer. They can afford any Igbo woman and pay for what was spent on her education.

Smartguyboy:

Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by banku: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
Igbo women are lovely is to create hatred and animosity.

Yoruba women are lovely is to create hatred and animosity.

Hausa women are lovely is to create hatred and animosity.

Check your head well wellu.

crossfm:
A baseless, useless and empty thread to create hatred and animosity.

Women are lovely,even white women marry black's everyday.

Just like a woman in labour, someone woke up by 2am to deliver hatred to the world. This is worrisome.
Re: Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women by haslaw(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
banku:

There are good women everywhere but there are certain virtue you observe in most Igbo ladies that you do not often see in other women. It is when Igbo ladies marry only within their ethnic group; they are more willing than most ethnic groups to marry down. Most Yoruba ladies would not marry below their โ€œlevelโ€ unless some circumstances demand it. In the case of Hausa ladies, their families usually introduce them to men above their level. Other ethnic groups may vary.

What is even more surprising is why well-informed Igbo ladies would be willing to marry Ogbete Igbo men when they could do better! Some of us are so envious when we see a well-rounded lady being followed by one of our brothers. You can bet that she is Igbo! The same lady would never consider anyone outside of her ethnic group on the same level with our brother. It baffles some of us. We must ask what it is that makes modest Igbo men score so high with Igbo ladies!

Most of them are not trully educated. They only took the Mmesoma way

(1) (Reply)

A Man Accused Mercy Chinwo Of Paternity Fraud. / Advice On Inter-racial Relationship: I'm British, He's Nigerian / Your "love" Beats U Up? Reason Enuff To Leave Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.