Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade (36797 Views)

EFCC Warns Skitmakers, Movie Producers Over Unauthorized Use Of Jackets, Symbols / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by YungMillionaire: 2:51am On Jul 10, 2023
Efisimilala:
hjgggg

So, Igbo man you claim to be Tiv. Tell me how has Yorubas offended Tiv people?.

1 Like

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by YungMillionaire: 2:52am On Jul 10, 2023
Efisimilala:
opoiuuuu

Ibo man pretending to be from Benue state, why do you hate Yoruba people?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by YungMillionaire: 2:53am On Jul 10, 2023
Gamesmart:
trreeeee

You couldn't find a nursery school student? Okay, go to GOOGLE and find out what this is:

WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR USELESS TRIBE or IS YOUR TRIBE TOO INSIGNIFICANT TO MENTION?
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Gamesmart: 3:28am On Jul 10, 2023
YungMillionaire:

You couldn't find a nursery school student? Okay, go to GOOGLE and find out what this is:

WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR USELESS TRIBE or IS YOUR TRIBE TOO INSIGNIFICANT TO MENTION?

Your stupidity is obviously pure.

It is obvious even you, know this.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by ican2020: 4:55am On Jul 10, 2023
is just movie

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by sylve11: 5:44am On Jul 10, 2023
YungMillionaire:

You should be more concerned why the dead eternal coward Chukwuemeka Ojukwu dressed up as a pr0stitute and ran away to Ivory Coast when he heard that Col. Adekunle was coming. May Chukwuemka Ojukwu continue to rot in his Anambra grave!

grin cool
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Alexiiydon: 6:24am On Jul 10, 2023
new2012:

it's always abt region, whoever disagree with your weird mentality is from a different region. don't worry, your region is the best if that makes u happy
prove me wrong that you’re not from the red soil region I
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Alexiiydon: 6:26am On Jul 10, 2023
Tinububalls:

So the Oba fled his throne because of IPOB in his hometown.
I'm starting to believe the coward tag.
the royal rod represents him and he have no reasons to meet those miscrents so keep wailing
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Gamesmart: 7:35am On Jul 10, 2023
YungMillionaire:

How does it feel to know you are, and be unveiled as, a retard?
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by RillJ(m): 7:45am On Jul 10, 2023
Did this movie just hit the screen?
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by masseratti: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2023
YungMillionaire:

How old were you in the 80s or 90s? Bring proof of this your GROSS accusation or keep shut!
i was old enough to be very much aware of going on in the Island.. Why should I bring proof of anything under the sun to you? What Authority do you have to ask anyone to bring proof of anything, their is no known Authority vest on you on a faceless forum, you are asking someone of proof.. You very funny.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by masseratti: 9:52am On Jul 10, 2023
YungMillionaire:

Do you think an Omoluabi should be insulting a Yoruba Oba (Igbakeji osha) - even one you disagree with vehemently?
where in my post do you see any insult directed to anyone especially The Ọba of Lagos?
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Dbegining: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2023
Chekwume16:
Its just a movie. I don't know why this oba has a penchant for controversies. He doesn't command respect like other obas in yoruba land

He's not even a first class monarch.

He's not the oba of the while Lagos State o.

He's the oba of Lagos island only

Places like mainland, epe, badagry have their own obas. I don't blame him sha. It's the political class that's giving him the boldness. Cause what's this rubbish? grin
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Adgraced: 10:40am On Jul 10, 2023
Nice movie. A must watch. Its good that it was produced and directed by a Yoruba person. If not.....
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by proxillin(m): 11:54am On Jul 10, 2023
helinues:

Sorry, it's a must to preserve our culture and heritage.

No nonentity would be allowed to thwart that

the culture you preserved in ilorin...

alainironu
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by mariovito(m): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
Your mom's private part

Nikeee:

You are a.fool... Bustard everywhere
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Pravedk: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

A false depiction is different from an accurate one.

Was that of Gang if Lagos an accurate one?
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by XAUBulls: 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
masseratti:
on a normal good day I won't have reply your post, with your you dey craze bull shit...

Let me start from this am an Islander Isale eko... Kosoko royal family kings

There are several movies that have been done with ẹyọ carrying heinous acts, gang of Lagos is not the first.

For sake of sanity the character used the ẹyọ regalia has a form of deceit to gain access to commit crime, that alone should tell any sane mind that the producer of the movies are not saying the "masquerade" it's self is a murderer.
It's Akin to a thief in cassock or in Iman garb, that does not says priest or imans are thieves, they will lose woefully if they step into a court with their argument because it's merely a film, and no law of the land says people should seek permission from the king, or anyone before depicting any masquerade on films, it's a fiction, not a documentary.

TO now school you, I myself have adorned Oniko regalia way back.
Eyo festival use to be very bloody everyone knows that's, that's the main reason it has been restricted to the TBS in recent years and no more on every streets on the Island.

They should come out and say they are not happy with the other deeper scenes of political God father's in the film.. But truth is everything in that movie is simply Lagos Island.. Truth hurts my brother...

Ni ilé ayé rẹ má pé ẹ ní ti o mọ ni werey mọ My brother, a word is enough for a wise.
A lot of people as can be seen from the bigoted posts here and elsewhere have been taking everything in that so-called movie literally and that is the danger you are not seeing as a Kosoko Prince that you say you are because these creeps are de-marketing Eko (Lagos Island) and claiming that it is just a fictional movie.

The Buddhists and Muslims have at different times criticized the wrong depictions of their cultures and religions in adverts and movies. This is no different from what Eko indigenous folks are condemning in that already massively pirates movie. Period.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by masseratti: 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

A lot of people as can be seen from the bigoted posts here and elsewhere have been taking everything in that so-called movie literally and that is the danger you are not seeing as a Kosoko Prince that you say you are because these creeps are de-marketing Eko (Lagos Island) and claiming that it is just a fictional movie.

The Buddhists and Muslims have at different times criticized the wrong depictions of their cultures and religions in adverts and movies. This is no different from what Eko indigenous folks are condemning in that already massively pirates movie. Period.

am not a Prince, because my mother is from kings /Kosoko family does not make me a Prince nor even if my Farther is from there, that been said.
Two wrongs don't make a right, we have seen movies of people in Iman turban with a gun likewise a Buddhist mink in a robe shooting, all those didn't make people to go hysterical, the attack on the movie gang of Lagos is uncalled for, to be honest the attack is even making the Producers more money, I never saw it until the attack started on the movie I watched it and I see nothing wrong, for the umpteenth time it was just a scene of someone disgusting under the cloak of ẹyọ to shoot someone else, am very sure the producers had no intention to disrespect the culture we all cherish on the Island none at all.
What I think this attack is on is the other story line of a Political Godfather using the system to get his way, people who are attacking the film sees it as a depiction of Tinubu has the Godfather, whether it's true or not is left to the imagination of the viewer.
To me I can't discredit Tinubu for anything he stoop to conquer, he paid his dues and I pray he will be a very better President than all the previous we had because it will be good for us.
They are attacking that movie not because of ẹyọ But they want to be seen in a good light that they are doing it for Tinubu, and Tinubu to me is way too more wiser than their shenanigans they should let the matter rest abeg... The movie is over a year now they should let the movie rest and die down, than making unnecessary pronouncement to seek favor from Tinubu government, they should allow the man to concentrate abeg.

1 Like

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by XAUBulls: 12:38am On Jul 13, 2023
masseratti:
am not a Prince, because my mother is from kings /Kosoko family does not make me a Prince nor even if my Farther is from there, that been said.
Two wrongs don't make a right, we have seen movies of people in Iman turban with a gun likewise a Buddhist mink in a robe shooting, all those didn't make people to go hysterical, the attack on the movie gang of Lagos is uncalled for, to be honest the attack is even making the Producers more money, I never saw it until the attack started on the movie I watched it and I see nothing wrong, for the umpteenth time it was just a scene of someone disgusting under the cloak of ẹyọ to shoot someone else, am very sure the producers had no intention to disrespect the culture we all cherish on the Island none at all.
What I think this attack is on is the other story line of a Political Godfather using the system to get his way, people who are attacking the film sees it as a depiction of Tinubu has the Godfather, whether it's true or not is left to the imagination of the viewer.
To me I can't discredit Tinubu for anything he stoop to conquer, he paid his dues and I pray he will be a very better President than all the previous we had because it will be good for us.
They are attacking that movie not because of ẹyọ But they want to be seen in a good light that they are doing it for Tinubu, and Tinubu to me is way too more wiser than their shenanigans they should let the matter rest abeg... The movie is over a year now they should let the movie rest and die down, than making unnecessary pronouncement to seek favor from Tinubu government, they should allow the man to concentrate abeg.
Thanks for adding more clarity here. I didn't realize it's your mum you were referring to as being of Oba Kosoko descent. But then, if she is, then you are a royal scion though. As of now, Eyos only use the sticks and are better organized in recent memory.

In any event, I have watched movie trailers of the film but not the full version. Most of those talking here have been watching the freely available downloads of the movie.

Last but not least, I heard that same sarcastic reference being made of the now President Tinubu being the so-called "Godfather" (within the first one week of the movie premiere in early 2023). This ridiculous info including the attacks on Lagos Island and was spread originally by some non-Yorubas, majorly the Ibo dudes online, radio, and offline in a sarcastic and taunting way.

I enjoyed reading your feedback here.

All the best.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by masseratti: 8:19am On Jul 13, 2023
XAUBulls:

Thanks for adding more clarity here. I didn't realize it's your mum you were referring to as being of Oba Kosoko descent. But then, if she is, then you are a royal scion though. As of now, Eyos only use the sticks and are better organized in recent memory.

In any event, I have watched movie trailers of the film but not the full version. Most of those talking here have been watching the freely available downloads of the movie.

Last but not least, I heard that same sarcastic reference being made of the now President Tinubu being the so-called "Godfather" (within the first one week of the movie premiere in early 2023). This ridiculous info including the attacks on Lagos Island and was spread originally by some non-Yorubas, majorly the Ibo dudes online, radio, and offline in a sarcastic and taunting way.

I enjoyed reading your feedback here.

All the best.

yeah i get your point... More reason why am saying the Palace making reference to the movie is very much unnecessary and it's just making the movie much more popular, I myself didn't watch the movie until the noise about ẹyọ, and whe i did it was just one scene in the movie, that's all, every other things in the movie is very true about Island except we want to lie to ourselves.
The Tinubu factor or depiction has a Godfather if it's true or not... Movie makers will always make satirical movies about Govt, it's not what we should waste our time over, there are better things out there that needs our concerns.

1 Like

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by WhisperedNoise: 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
helinues:

Yhen Yhan Yhon

Those who produced that movie would be brought to book. Our land our rules

If you are not satisfied, please go to court
Foolish talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mercy's Village, Owerri, Stormed Out To Celebrate Her Victory / Amarachi Uyanne Wins Nigeria’s Got Talent [video] / Meet The BBNaija 2022 Female Housemates (Level Up)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.