Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,371 members, 7,850,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition (4020 Views)

10 Takeaways From Oshiomhole’s Victory / Abba Kyari Overrides Buhari’s Decisions, 5 Other Takeaways From Monguno’s Memo / Protest Against The Disbandment Of Osun Election Petition Tribunal(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Lotanna2: 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
Spy360:

Once again you are right but don't have full details of all that transpired. PO brought a forensic expert who analysed the results of INEC CTCs of EC8As. A mathematician from UNN. His output was referred to in the witness statement by Yunusa Tanko.

Bros,you are the one that does not have full details.i followed the iamv thread and that of gen oluchi on twitter.the mathematician prof Eric ofoedu clearly said he only analysed the irev copies and not the manual copies nor did he compare or verify.the electoral act and inec guidelines clearly said collation officers must always verify between the transmitted and manual copies.
Yunusa tanko clearly rubbished himself
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Spy360:

You are correct here. I don't see how it reflects your previous point.

Not every case require a witness whereas a simple calculation (for results) or interpretation (for constitution matters) is needed. So claiming that PO or LP didn't do their analysis is an under-statement of facts.

You are correct...

That was exactly why the professor who appeared as a witness established that anybody can do the additions (and possibly subtractions too) that are associated with the computation of Election Results..
That there are no highly-placed academic or professional qualifications needed for such exercises.
Thus, the counsel themselves can do the computations themselves, on their own, without the input of professional mathematicians or statisticians..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 8:21pm On Jul 09, 2023
tonesky:
Jokers on the increase! Which court are you referring to? Nigeria or foreign court?
Bobloco post=124309902:
Tinubu will certainly become the first president of Nigeria to be sacked by the court

Nigerian Court Naa..
Magic no dey taayaa them oo
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by joyandfaith: 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
Bobloco:
Tinubu will certainly become the first president of Nigeria to be sacked by the court

If it happens, all nations would respect our green passport.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
joyandfaith:

If it happens, all nations would respect our green passport.
As-in eeeehhnn..

With so much Joy-and-Faith will they respect the passport ooo
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2023
Lotanna2:

Almost or all obi witnesses and arguments in court are about glitch(server),irev results(server),non upload to server.read the bolded below from a judge.

After much argument from the counsels to counter Magaji, Justice Ahuchaogu, ruled that the petitioners even a in situation where the documents are formally admitted would still need to prove or establish the substance of such documents.

He, therefore, ruled: “We grant the application for the counsel to tender such documents”.

Ok.
Let's not pre-empt the judges.

Anyhow the judgement goes,, there are lots of things to learn for the future.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 8:39pm On Jul 09, 2023
basseeafricana:

It is a walking dream for some people to still believe that a sitting president will be removed for just Obi. When people are making comments, we laugh because they are entertaining us. A right thinking person must know that all the court dramas will soon end. Obi should just take heart and move on, Tinubu has come to stay. It is a reality!

Then, it should be after the tribunal and supreme court judgements that the moving-on will happen.

Today is not the day to move on.

And this is not going to be the first time Peter-Obi is moving on.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2023
Lotanna2:

Bros,you are the one that does not have full details.i followed the iamv thread and that of gen oluchi on twitter.the mathematician prof Eric ofoedu clearly said he only analysed the irev copies and not the manual copies nor did he compare or verify.the electoral act and inec guidelines clearly said collation officers must always verify between the transmitted and manual copies.

And that if there are discrepancies,, the results of the TRANSMITTED COPIES would be the one that prevails..
>>EA: Section-64(5),(6),(7),(8.)
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2023
Lalasticlala, Seun, Nlfpmod
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2023
Mynd44
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Lotanna2: 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

And that if there are discrepancies,, the results of the TRANSMITTED COPIES would be the one that prevails..

Exactly.unfortunstely,obi never brought proofs to show there was unresolved discrepancies at collation.that side is dead
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 2:41am On Jul 10, 2023
Lotanna2:

Exactly.unfortunstely,obi never brought proofs to show there was unresolved discrepancies at collation.that side is dead

There were no TRANSMITTED COPIES in the first place.
And then,, there were discrepancies during the election,, but these discrepancies were not even resolved during the election according to the way they were clearly stipulated to be resolved inside the Electoral Act.

That was a clear violation of the Electoral Act.
Isn't it.??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Spy360(m): 2:49am On Jul 10, 2023
Lotanna2:

My brother I will rest my case here that I do not think that LP and PO will leave the PEPT without any proof that they won the election. This thought is basically at common sense level. Even Mmesoma would try to prove something talk less of over 15 SANs. So if you wish to continue with your thoughts which is basically based on mere assumptions then Goodluck. We wait till the court decides.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Spy360(m): 2:55am On Jul 10, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

You are correct...

That was exactly why the professor who appeared as a witness established that anybody can do the additions (and possibly subtractions too) that are associated with the computation of Election Results..
That there are no highly-placed academic or professional qualifications needed for such exercises.
Thus, the counsel themselves can do the computations themselves, on their own, without the input of professional mathematicians or statisticians..
God bless you. I don't know why people hide facts as if they will die when they say so?

That guy is just hiding from basic facts that would ensure he keeps arguing.

Firstvhw said LP didn't have the primary evidence. He was cleared. Then he said they didn't present any witness to show that they won. He was cleared. Then he said that the witness didn't calculate results. He was cleared. Now he is saying that the witness used only IREV for his calculations. It was at this point I knew that he was probably paid to create false illusions or he is just being ignorant and doesn't know that he is ignorant.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Spy360(m): 3:00am On Jul 10, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

And then,, there were discrepancies during the election,, but these discrepancies were not even resolved during the election according to the way they were clearly stipulated to be resolved inside the Electoral Act.

Isn't it.??
See how you diffused his argument. Even Tinubu's lawyers knew they were dead and so closed their case with just one witness. But cornvicts will still be having hope. Their hope should only rest on the corruptibility of the judges and not on the case.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 3:01am On Jul 10, 2023
Spy360:

God bless you. I don't know why people hide facts as if they will die when they say so?

That guy is just hiding from basic facts that would ensure he keeps arguing.

Firstvhw said LP didn't have the primary evidence. He was cleared. Then he said they didn't present any witness to show that they won. He was cleared. Then he said that the witness didn't calculate results. He was cleared. Now he is saying that the witness used only IREV for his calculations. It was at this point I knew that he was probably paid to create false illusions or he is just being ignorant and doesn't know that he is ignorant.

You can imagine that I had to tell him many times that we ALL have to wait for the judgement.
Yet he kept pre-empting the outcome of the judgement.

I had to leave him..
Not until he dropped another half-truth again.
And I am back to putting him him back in order again.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 3:16am On Jul 10, 2023
Spy360:

See how you diffused his argument. Even Tinubu's lawyers knew they were dead and so closed their case with just one witness. But cornvicts will still be having hope. Their hope should only rest on the corruptibility of the judges and not on the case.

After his response,, I can then know exactly where he falls into.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by seunmsg(m): 4:42am On Jul 10, 2023
Spy360:

Once again you are right but don't have full details of all that transpired. PO brought a forensic expert who analysed the results of INEC CTCs of EC8As. A mathematician from UNN. His output was referred to in the witness statement by Yunusa Tanko.

The part in bold is completely false. The Mathematician did not analyze CTCs of form EC8As. He analyzed downloaded form EC8As from IREV. Again, he did a complete work on only Rivers and Benue and not the entire country. When asked why he couldn’t do the analysis for the entire country, he said he was limited by time and over 18k blurry forms uploaded to the IREV portal.

Again, the professor claimed to have completed his work sometime around May while Peter Obi’s petition that was based on his work was filed in March. When Peter Obi’s star witness Tanko Yakassai who deposed to the affidavit that Obi won the election based on the expert’s analysis was asked how he relied on a work completed in May to file a petition in March, he simply kept quiet and did not answer the question.

Well, I just want to correct the misinformation in your post.

5 Likes

Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by seunmsg(m): 4:46am On Jul 10, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Then, it should be after the tribunal and supreme court judgements that the moving-on will happen.

Today is not the day to move on.

And this is not going to be the first time Peter-Obi is moving on.

Fair enough. Keep up the entertainment and delusion till after the Supreme Court judgement. It’s your right not to accept obvious reality.

4 Likes

Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by seunmsg(m): 4:52am On Jul 10, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Discrepancies are settled at the ward collation level between manual form EC8As and electronically transmitted results on BVAS. The BVAS used for all polling units are taking to the ward collation centers with the manual results. All discrepancies arising from the election were settled at the ward collation centers where all party agents agreed to the collated results and signed off to authenticate them. Discrepancies on form EC8A are not settled at the national collation center.

3 Likes

Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Lotanna2: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2023
Spy360:

My brother I will rest my case here that I do not think that LP and PO will leave the PEPT without any proof that they won the election. This thought is basically at common sense level. Even Mmesoma would try to prove something talk less of over 15 SANs. So if you wish to continue with your thoughts which is basically based on mere assumptions then Goodluck. We wait till the court decides.

Thank goodness you have given up.you can see futility of his case.he is banking on mere assumptions.obi believes that of he exposes pockets of anomalies,errors and irregularities,it will be enough forgetting that it is beyond that.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 6:54am On Jul 10, 2023
seunmsg:

Fair enough. Keep up the entertainment and delusion till after the Supreme Court judgement. It’s your right not to accept obvious reality.

Whatever reality Obi and the Obidients choose to accept, even after the SC Judgement, is still nobody’s business.

I guess that is clear to you??

So,, it is pointless and useless and at the same time funny, when you people tend to urge or suggest to Obi what he should do...
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Lotanna2: 6:55am On Jul 10, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Isn't it.??

Mere allegations are not evidence.obi failed to prove to the court that there were no transmitted copies and that the were unresolved discrepancies thereby killing his case
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Spy360(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2023
Lotanna2:

Thank goodness you have given up. you can see futility of his case.he is banking on mere assumptions.obi believes that of he exposes pockets of anomalies,errors and irregularities,it will be enough forgetting that it is beyond that.
Lol.

I said REST MY CASE.

You see, being deceitful is bad, but deceiving one's own self is foolishness.

Even the judges would be overwhelmed by evidences. I'll wait for the final address which should be available by 15th of this month. It is not far.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 10:04am On Jul 10, 2023
seunmsg:

Discrepancies are settled at the ward collation level between manual form EC8As and electronically transmitted results on BVAS.

Wait First..

Discrepancies were not settled anywhere..
Not at the Wards, nor LGAs, nor States, nor even at the Federal Level..
Collations were just done, and the INEC officers PROMISED the disturbing party agents that all the discrepancies would be settled at the Final Federal Level.
WHICH WAS NOT DONE.

Some Wards and LGAs collation Centers who did massive manipulations even had to block off the agents of other parties from entering the Collation Centers.
So, how did these people settle their discrepancies when there are no other party agents present at the Collation Center other than those from the parties they intended to work in favour of.??

As for the “Electronically Transmitted Results On The BVAS..,, which you just pointed out,, the only thing that happened on the BVAS (as far as the Presidential Election is concerned) was Photo-Scanning of the Results Sheets. There was no transmission to the Collation System. Thus,, there were no Electronically Transmitted Results on any BVAS (or even on the supposed Collation System) which any of the Collation Officers used for any verification.

The BVAS-Machines were physically “Delivered” to the Wards Collation Officers,, and they were not even used to verify the results at the Wards Collation Centers.
That was even the worst of it all.

As for the uploading of the results-photos from the BVAS-Machines to the IREV for viewing, that one even happened after the election had been concluded, and it was not also used for the verification purposes either.

So, I am still trying to fully understand the “Electronically Transmitted Results On The BVAS” which you talked about..

The BVAS used for all polling units are taken to the ward collation centers with the manual results.
Ok Naa..

All discrepancies arising from the election were settled at the ward collation centers where all party agents agreed to the collated results and signed off to authenticate them. Discrepancies on form EC8A are not settled at the national collation center.

You lied sir.
What you wrote up there is not what happened.

No discrepancies were settled at the Ward Collation Centers..
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Lotanna2: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2023
Spy360:

Lol.

I said REST MY CASE.

You see, being deceitful is bad, but deceiving one's own self is foolishness.

Even the judges would be overwhelmed by evidences. I'll wait for the final address which should be available by 15th of this month. It is not far.

All my assertions are based on what obi presented in court.you are the one being deceitful.you don't even know what overwhelming is.let me give you an instance.nysc testified against Enugu gov,waec testified against aks gov.did you see such concrete evidence in obi case?
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2023
Lotanna2:

Mere allegations are not evidence.obi failed to prove to the court that there were no transmitted copies and that the were unresolved discrepancies thereby killing his case

You can continue to tug this issue back-and-forth..
But I cannot say anything about what the judgement would be, no matter how hard you try to push me.

So, until after the Judgement, I cannot discuss anything that pertains to what the judgement would be like.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Lotanna2: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Wait First..

Discrepancies were not settled anywhere..
Not at the Wards, nor LGAs, nor States, nor even at the Federal Level..
Collations were just done, and the INEC officers PROMISED the disturbing party agents that all the discrepancies would be settled at the Final Federal Level.
WHICH WAS NOT DONE.

Some Wards and LGAs collation Centers who did massive manipulations even had to block off the agents of other parties from entering the Collation Centers.
So, how did these people settle their discrepancies when there are no other party agents present at the Collation Center other than those from the parties they intended to work in favour of.??

As for the “Electronically Transmitted Results On The BVAS..,, which you just pointed out,, the only thing that happened on the BVAS (as far as the Presidential Election is concerned) was Photo-Scanning of the Results Sheets. There was no transmission to the Collation System. Thus,, there were no Electronically Transmitted Results on any BVAS (or even on the supposed Collation System) which any of the Collation Officers used for any verification.

The BVAS-Machines were physically “Delivered” to the Wards Collation Officers,, and they were not even used to verify the results at the Wards Collation Centers.
That was even the worst of it all.

As for the uploading of the results-photos from the BVAS-Machines to the IREV for viewing, that one even happened after the election had been concluded, and it was not also used for the verification purposes either.

So, I am still trying to fully understand the “Electronically Transmitted Results On The BVAS” which you talked about..

Ok Naa..

You lied sir.
What you wrote up there is not what happened.

No discrepancies were settled at the Ward Collation Centers..

Why not rest this matter? Obi himself failed to bring proof as to discrepancies in ward and lga collation.none of his 13 witnesses testified to this.it was never even in his pleadings.in other wards,the results collated stand unchallenged.obi failed.i remember telling you at the beginning that obi won't be able to prove this non transmission matter.the problem with you guys is that you want to decide the case for obi meanwhile obi is doing something else
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2023
Lotanna2:

All my assertions are based on what obi presented in court.you are the one being deceitful.you don't even know what overwhelming is.let me give you an instance.nysc testified against Enugu gov,waec testified against aks gov.did you see such concrete evidence in obi case?

Obi had not put his case together yet.
He just presented his evidence and witnesses..

You just started passing judgement.
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Lotanna2: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

You can continue to tug this issue back-and-forth..
But I cannot say anything about what the judgement would be, no matter how hard you try to push me.

So, until after the Judgement, I cannot discuss anything that pertains to what the judgement would be like.

Just forget the matter,it was never canvasesed in court.take it from me that obi has lost based on what he presented in court.the only thing he can get out is rerun in 18000 units which he would also fail in
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by Lotanna2: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Obi had not put his case together yet.
He just presented his evidence and witnesses..

You just started passing judgement.

Judgment are purely made based on evidences and witnesses presented.wgich of them was convincing and compelling?
Re: Adeleke: TAKEAWAYS From The Supreme Court Judgement Of Osun Election Petition by BluntCrazeMan: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2023
Lotanna2:

Why not rest this matter? Obi himself failed to bring proof as to discrepancies in ward and lga collation. none of his 13 witnesses testified to this.it was never even in his pleadings. in other wards,the results collated stand unchallenged.obi failed.i remember telling you at the beginning that obi won't be able to prove this non transmission matter.the problem with you guys is that you want to decide the case for obi meanwhile obi is doing something else

(The Emboldened)
Obi had some major issues with the Electoral-Act which he is trying to hammer out..
That is the main reason he is at the Tribunal.

He is not there to look for discrepancies...
PDP can go and be looking for that,, since they claimed that they came second.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chidi Lloyd: Family Of Deceased Deny Police Version; Says Their Brother Died In / Buhari's Letter To Ohaneze / Abonnema People Agog As Gov. Wike Makes Their Amayanabo A First Class King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.