Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,956 members, 7,814,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds (62797 Views)

Aisha Yesufu And David Hundeyin Fight Dirty Over Peter Obi / David Hundeyin Takes A Swipe At Tinubu Over Peter Obi / Andy Uba Moves Against Party Chiefs Over Campaign Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by nlfpmod: 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
Aisha Yesufu, the co-founder of #BringBackOurGirls Movement, is being attacked by tweeps over the failure of the Labour Party candidate in the 2023 presidential election, Peter Obi, to publicly detail how he spent his campaign donations.

Socio-political analyst, Kelvin Odanz called out Yesufu, a strong supporter of Labour Party and Obi over her tweet on the alleged rigging of the 2023 presidential election in favour of President Bola Tinubu and subsequent calls on opposition to withdraw their cases and support him.

The activist had written: "Hope you all can see with your own korokoro eyes that All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are the same. From their politicians to their sycophants.

"You don’t have to believe what I said about both in 2021. See it for yourselves. They are both oxygen wasting, transactional mindsets people!

Odanz, however, knocked Yesufu, saying: "Aisha, the Peter Obi you campaigned for was in PDP for 8 YEARS, leaving just 3 days to 2022 Primaries. Datti-Yusuf is Ex APC/PDP. Your DG Doyin Okupe is Ex PDP. PAT Utomi is Ex APC.

"You spent the entire campaign period begging for donations but forgot to beg God for sense and shame."

Yesufu replied, tweeting, "Normally you beg for what you don’t have.

"While you are at it also beg for courage, integrity and consistency. That way you don’t need to take flight like a coward at the first hint of heat."

The matter which started between Yesufu and Odanz has turned into back-and-forth attacks and tweets between the duo, with Hushpuppi in Hijab’ trending on the microblogging site, Twitter on Sunday after the latter used it to describe the former.

A Nigerian socialite and internet sensation, Ramon Abbas, better known as Hushpuppi is an international fraudster serving jail term in the United States.

In November 2022, Hushpuppi was sentenced to 11 years and three months in jail by the US Central District Court in California over fraud and money laundering.

He will however spend only nine years in prison as he had already spent two years in prison in the US.

Hushpuppi was in June 2020 arrested in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, over an extensive fraud scheme that has robbed victims of their money in the United Kingdom, US, Qatar, and other places.

He was extracted to the US where he was charged with fraud and money laundering. Hushpuppi pleaded guilty in April 2021 to one count of conspiracy to engage in money laundering with multiple people within and outside the US.

Ayodeji. S. Akerele, a supporter of President Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC), attacked Yesufu, querying: "When are you accounting for the money you raised from Nigerians??

"Its okay to raise money through crowd funding but you must account for how it was spent. That's the right thing to do."

Another Twitter user, @AgronomistSeyi wrote: "You dey ask that emergency crossbag super cashivist to do the impossible."

Another Twitter user with account @Annurabubakar15, tweeted: "You didn't address the issues as raised, u ar campaigning for ex PDP and APC shamelessly though, And u kept on Talking and Criticizing them everyday do you think you are morally up right Madam it's about ur conscious and what you are claiming to represent.."

Yesufu however responded with: "Let me repeat what I had said, the rule of law means no one is above the law. Tinubu’s forgery and rigging are too dire for Nigeria to simply move on.

"What moral justification would we have to speak on forgery with a forger fraudulently occupying the number one political office?"

Odanz replied with the following tweet: "I didn't campaign for either Atiku or Tinubu. Not for one second. Don't belong to any party's WhatsApp group or attended any party's meeting.

"Unlike you that was begging for donations and went around dancing like a lunatic once credit alert hit your account. Hushpuppy in Hijab.”

Aisha hit back: "People like @MrOdanz are used to campaign funds from already looted public funds and find campaign fund raising alien.

"Let me repeat again, we must put our monies where our votes are. We must donate to those running for office otherwise we will continue to have those…"

@proudlyjoe then responded: "A nation where the rule of law is sacrosanct, no one should be above the law.

"Forgery & rigging are serious transgressions wit far-reaching consequences, & Nigeria can't afford to overlook them. How can we credibly condemn forgery when a forger holds the highest political office?"

However, on Twitter, Yesufu also posted the following among others in the back-and-forth she has been having with Odanz.

She tweeted, “Those who were shouting ‘You people cannot get one million votes. You are wasting your time’ are crying on my TL.

“Una just start the 50 years of wilderness.”

She also tweeted, “Let me repeat, APC and PDP are the same. Both their politicians and sycophants. Check those who are subtly telling you to let bygones be bygones since a forger that rigged election is occupying the presidential seat! Na their way.

“Nigerians are religious and moral when it comes to ordinary citizens but their religiosity and morality ends when it comes to public office holders.

“They want to monitor the lives of their fellow citizens but are cowards in the face of those that should be working for them.

“Let me repeat what I had said, the rule of law means no one is above the law. Tinubu’s forgery and rigging are too dire for Nigeria to simply move on. What moral justification would we have to speak on forgery with a forger fraudulently occupying the number one political office?

“I became an Active Citizen 2014 and you people still do not understand that I do not operate on the level of seeking validation?

“I am not interested in people liking me. I have enough love for myself.

“Infact the more you hate me the freer I am. I no send your papa, you no send me.

“I even shamelessly danced on credit before the credit alert sef. You are the one who is having sleepless nights on my behalf.

“@MrOdanz is this any way due to the fact that you ran like a castrated he goat when police attacked us during #Endsars? Are you still hung up on that?

“People like @MrOdanz are used to campaign funds from already looted public funds and find campaign fund raising alien.

“Let me repeat again, we must put our monies where our votes are. We must donate to those running for office otherwise we will continue to have those who looted our Nation dry perpetuate themselves or their stooges in office.”

Kelvin Odanz (@MrOdanz) also tweeted: “This lunatic has gone from accusing me of benefiting from campaign funds (I never participated in anyone's campaign) to now talking about a joke I made during endsars to stoke her bloated ego.

“Madam Aisha, stay away from drugs please.And stop the donation fraud too. Ki yi hakuri.

“You indeed look like someone with crack cocaine in her blood. Please take off that Hijab.”

Meanwhile, many tweeps have been knocking Yesufu with some describing her as a hypocrite.

For instance, Emma ik Umeh (Tcee ) (@emmaikumeh) said, “Aisha is a bloody hypocrite for saying Apc and Pdp are the same, was Peter Obi, not a member of the Pdp for 9 years? What changed? Aisha campaigned and supported Buhari. Hushpuppi in hijab.”

Vox-Populi (@akinculture01) tweeted, “She flew halfway across the globe with PO for free lol..like we don't know politics is a game of money and numbers.”

Some tweeps also mocked Yesufu over Odanz’s ‘Hushpuppi in hijab’ label.

Aniekan Ufot (@thethirdmiracle) tweeted, “Hushpuppy in Hijab?? Ah!! ”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/07/08/hushpuppi-hijab-trends-twitter-nigerian-tweeps-attack-aisha-yesufu-over-peter-obis

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by triple996(m): 7:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
it has began. The trolling is now on aisha

110 Likes 18 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by helinues: 7:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
grin

Chai, the wind don blow, we don see fowl yansh

Those are the people who want to take Nigeria back but no sign of credibility in them

Thank goodness Nigerians dodged the nuclear weapon Peter Obi

266 Likes 35 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by izonborn098(m): 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
Peter Obi former PDP member.
Datti former APC/PDP member.
HOW THIS TWO niggas become SOME PEOPLE MESSIAH over night SUPRISES ME TILL DATE.
Well everybody is fighting for their own interest.

383 Likes 48 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by helinues: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2023
triple996:
it has began. The trolling is now on aisha

Troll? Did you read the tweets at all?

Abeg no carry victims mentality nonsense come here

91 Likes 14 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Ezehillary(m): 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
make una leave aisha alone

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by helinues: 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ezehillary:
make una leave aisha alone

Leave ogini?

Should those who live in a glass house be throwing stones?

111 Likes 20 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by DamnnNiggarr: 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2023
shocked

trying so hard to divert attention from the calamity this present administration has subjected Nigerians to.

What This APC supporters can't do, does not exist.

We know the blame game they're up to.
Is Aisha Yesufu responsible for the untold hardship Nigerians are into or the hikes in social amenities ravaging the country?

132 Likes 23 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2023
I've always known she's just a political business woman but some Nigerians are gullible and see through their noses instead of their eyes.

94 Likes 15 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by ecolime(m): 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
Na where person dey work, hin go chop.

12 Likes

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Pierced(f): 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
Aisha deserves dragging.......and I am happy it came from someone neutral.

She was part of the end sars activists.......it was the same way they refused to account for end sars donations....... that's the way they are refusing to account for LP campaign donations.

Meanwhile..... Obi is a billionaire.......small thing he will come on national TV and start crying.

It's the people that will fall for this same scam in 2027 I pity.

133 Likes 14 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Cassandraloius: 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
50 years of wilderness grin

5 Likes

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by slawomir: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Isoright

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Willrobert9398: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2023
I knew this day will come

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by helinues: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2023
BossGerald:

Helinues are you alright at all...are you that jobless??

Which radarada this one dey talk?

All the money una invested in a failure Peter Obi don enter bush.

Make una lick una wound jejeli

92 Likes 17 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Wizardslayer: 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2023
They want to rubbish her because she's standing firm for obi.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Zupay: 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2023
Diversionary.

7 Likes

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Bacteria8: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
This Sahara reporters ehn omo grin grin
Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by GoodLife4live: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
See the face of scammmmmmeeeeerr

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by datola: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hmmm...
Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by obembet(f): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Agbadorians. Aisha didn't scam anyone. Your party APC, how did they raise their campaign money, if not stealing from the national treasury?

Hypothetically, there's no differences between APC, PDP, and LP.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
Agbadorians. Aisha didn't scam anyone. Your party APC, how did they raise their campaign money, if not stealing from the national treasury?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by GeneralPula: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Racoon(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Agbadorian and cassava munching mummified zombies

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by millionboi2: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Thieves everywhere

3 Likes

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by free2ryhme: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2023

4 Likes

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by PHIPEX(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
As usual, they keep going round Obi. Obi is too clean for them so they will keep attacking those around him

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by Ahmed4002(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Wahala

2 Likes

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by kweensheba: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
I don't believe in any activist any more.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Hushpuppi In Hijab’: Aisha Yesufu Called Out Over Peter Obi’s Campaign Funds by bentenny(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Yawn
Another fruitless distraction!

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nasir Hassan Wagini: On My Way To Otuke To Seek For Forgiveness / Abdulrasheed Maina: Full List Of Properties, Money Owned Uncovered By EFCC / The Mercenaries Ojukwu Hired To Fight During The Biafra-Nigerian War (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.