Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police (39212 Views)

Gov. Uzodimma Tackling Owerri-mbaise-umuahia Federal Highway / CBN Police Blocked Owerri-mbaise Road For 3hours To Fix Spoilt Vehicle / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by vannessa7(f): 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2023
Warl0ck:
Before any extra dark conny head structure wail here, remember that illorin is the capital of kwara.
A yorubaland where fulanis decide what happen.

Get help, seriously,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Bullionaire: 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2023
Christistruth03:

None of them are Fulani

All of them are full Blown Yorubas including Saraki who is an Egba Man with an Iseyin Oyo Christian mother

We will even show you their family Compounds

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2022/04/where-are-descendants-of-malians-in.html?m=1

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by BeeNG3: 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2023
Coup plotters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Asswipemod: 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
nnamdi640:
Yours started it and that was revenge, a typical Igbo man don't have time for this stupidity you guys are showing on this platform.

Like I said, it either you are blind or stupid. Gaslighting fink!
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by nnamdi640: 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
Asswipemod:

Like I said, it either you are blind or stupid. Gaslighting fink!
It is only a blind or stupid person that will disagree with what I posted
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Christistruth03: 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2023

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Bossman(m): 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
Well said. This is likely what happened. They will not joke with Liability issues. I am sure the maximum number of people that can be hosted in the hall is clearly stated on the contract that was signed. Too bad for them they did not abide by the contract. They will not get a dime back!

InvertedHammer:

/

It was a liability issue. Halls in a hotel have crowd limit in case of emergency. You cannot rent a hall of 200 capacity and try to fill it with 300 people. You will be shut down. The manager acted in the best interest of the hotel. Unlike your typical Nigerian eggheads, Oyibo believe in prevention is better than cure. If any accident happened in that event: 1) Mbaise community would sue for damages. 2) The city will come hard on the hotel for violating city ordinances 3). Insurance may not cover them.

The hotel manager deserves accolades.

/
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by delishpot: 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
lexylaw40:
yoruba owns kwara and the governor and the people of kwara remains yorubas, but kwara is an emirate...a Muslim state that's why,.. an Emire have no power the governor does

Keep fooling yourself. Even the governor knows not to cross any boundary that will make his Fulani owners pay close attention to him.
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Wainey: 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
Guyman01:

I know you are not naturally a tribalist but it seems Nairaland has successfully turned you into a closet tribalist even by the manner you are mentioning which tribe insulted what tribe🤔
I am not trying to insult you in anyway but to point out what this site is doing to many of us unintentionally
u are right sha.
I dey try avoid this site.
Seriously, the site needs total cleansing
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Eviana(f): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
haslaw:
Na wa ooo

Victim Mentality people are already claiming victims in America

Excuse me, but if or when you ever come to the U.S., you will not be looked at as Igbo,Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani or any other tribe.
You will be looked at as "black" first...not African. I am 99 percent sure you WILL be discriminated against, racially profiled and more just because of it. When you have not experienced being a minority in the wealthy nation of the U.S, then you have not the slightest clue...on how race relations exist.
Igbo's have been victims over there in Naija and over here in the U.S. point blank period. They have a right to express that.
That's a fact.
Please be careful of how you choose to say someone is claiming victim, cause it just might be you one day. Then you will have to humble yourself and apologize.
Experience is the best teacher wink

Now respectfully back to the subject at hand; perhaps there was a miscommunication between the event organizers and the hotel management. The Westin is a very nice & pricey hotel chain. Usually, the capacity is stated up front. Hopefully, the Igbo's didn't ignore the capacity limit--if it was stated.
Hopefully, the hotel management actually stated the capacity limit.

Take care

1 Like

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by olaeffect(m): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
The biggest hit back is for our Ibo billionaires to buy that hotel🚶🚶🚶🚶
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Lacash: 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2023

1 Like

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by yom2(m): 12:28am On Jul 11, 2023
Warl0ck:
Before any extra dark conny head structure wail here, remember that illorin is the capital of kwara.
A yorubaland where fulanis decide what happen.
how old are u? U just finished high school? U always run unnecessary and childish commentary.
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by yom2(m): 12:34am On Jul 11, 2023
greggng:
I have confirmed from my friend over there . The police took the action cos of over crowding ..it is safety protocol ..it has nothing to do with hatred . Every facility has the number of people expected to be there...when it has gone beyond that , the owners has to report to police .
sharp man. U dey every where o. Areaaa!
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Bullionaire: 12:54am On Jul 11, 2023

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by nomolos92: 1:08am On Jul 11, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Civilian Governor Of Kwara is Yoruba

He can remove the Traditional Rulers that misbehave

All Civilian Governors of Kwara have been Yorubas

Lol, But Gambari cancelled Yoruba traditional festival in Ilorin, you mumu won't stop denying your shackles even when it's very obvious
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by haslaw(m): 5:41am On Jul 11, 2023
Eviana:

Excuse me, but if or when you ever come to the U.S., you will not be looked at as Igbo,Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani or any other tribe.
You will be looked at as "black" first...not African. I am 99 percent sure you WILL be discriminated against, racially profiled and more just because of it. When you have not experienced being a minority in the wealthy nation of the U.S, then you have not the slightest clue...on how race relations exist.
Igbo's have been victims over there in Naija and over here in the U.S. point blank period. They have a right to express that.
That's a fact.
Please be careful of how you choose to say someone is claiming victim, cause it just might be you one day. Then you will have to humble yourself and apologize.
Experience is the best teacher wink

Now respectfully back to the subject at hand, perhaps there was a miscommunication between the event organizers and thd hotel management. The Westin is a very nice & pricey hotel chain. Usually, the capacity is stated up front. Hopefully, the Igbo's didn't ignore the capacity limit--if it was stated.
Hopefully, the hotel management actually stated the capacity limit.

Take care

And you sat down in your very comfortable chair and decided all by yourself that I had never been to the US

1 Like

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by lexylaw40: 6:30am On Jul 11, 2023
Like seriously ?
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Christistruth03: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2023
nomolos92:

Lol, But Gambari cancelled Yoruba traditional festival in Ilorin, you mumu won't stop denying your shackles even when it's very obvious

It was the Yoruba Muslims that did it

Gambari cannot utter a word to the Yorubas without their Permission

Go and Test it
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Christistruth03: 7:18am On Jul 11, 2023

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by addictiv(m): 8:08am On Jul 11, 2023
Issues like this are usually called by overcrowding. When you have more persons than the facility was built to contain. Also when you have to many cars from guests and limited parking spaces. It's a fire an safety hazard. Should an incident occur the facility management will be fined heavily. So they act proactively by calling the authorities, usually after asking the guest to reduce their number.
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by TheSuperX(m): 8:39am On Jul 11, 2023
Wahala
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by BluntCrazeMan: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2023
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by BluntCrazeMan: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Civilian Governor Of Kwara is Yoruba

He can remove the Traditional Rulers that misbehave

All Civilian Governors of Kwara have been Yorubas
So.??

They will remove the Traditional Ruler soon naa,, because he really misbehaved..
Sheeeyy.??
Abiii.??
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by MSGAMBLE9: 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
Stubborn82:

You didn't finish it
Ilorin is just a city out of many cities and town in kwara, ofa, idofian, and the rest has obas and they are govern by yoruba tradition and culture, the werey igbo people doesn't know this, but we must educate them.
Obi supporters thinks kwara is just ilorin.
Even Jebba which shares border with Niger state...

Osu men are illitrate naso Dem want Sea-port for land-locked East...
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Eviana(f): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2023
haslaw:

And you sat down in your very comfortable chair and decided all by yourself that I had never been to the US

Not sure I was sitting when I typed this. I think I was lying down.
Anywhoo, my apologies...
Based on your writings, I surely did assume/decide that you hadn't.
So now, let me comfortably decide to assume that you have been to and lived in the U.S. for a considerable amount of time in order to have experienced what I wrote.
So clearly you already know what the deal is in the U.S..

I detect the lovely usual "Nigerian" sarcasm in your writing.
I was just trying to educate you on real life....and to not be ignorant and tribalistic. You made an offensive comment. I decided to reply.

Please accept my apologies....
Be blessed and take care
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by nomolos92: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
Christistruth03:

It was the Yoruba Muslims that did it

Gambari cannot utter a word to the Yorubas without their Permission

Go and Test it

Which Yoruba Muslims, keep deceiving yourself grin
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by MSGAMBLE9: 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
Jogs1900:

Up to Jebba sef that shares direct border with Niger state has an Oba..Even the Yorubas there outnumbers the fulanis there.
Many fulanis in ilorin now bear Yoruba names and speak Yoruba fluently.
The same set of people that don't know the difference between Lagos and Lagos state
Bros, there are no fulanis in Jebba, just Yoruba and Nupe (Tapa) people... and the Town has an Oba as ruler...

The fulanis are not even among the recognized tribes in Kwara... it's Yoruba, Nupe and Bariba ( Borgu)...

1 Like

Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Jogs1900: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Bros, there are no fulanis in Jebba, just Yoruba and Nupe (Tapa) people... and the Town has an Oba as ruler...

The fulanis are not even among the recognized tribes in Kwara... it's Yoruba, Nupe and Bariba ( Borgu)...
God bless you for this jare
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by Christistruth03: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2023
nomolos92:

Which Yoruba Muslims, keep deceiving yourself grin

They have removed 2 Emirs in 1896 and 1934

It was the British who reinstated Emirs by force
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by nomolos92: 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
Christistruth03:

They have removed 2 Emirs in 1896 and 1934

It was the British who reinstated Emirs by force

And it's the British who stopped the traditional festival that has being in place long before the arrival of the British and bastard Fulanis
Re: Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police by haslaw(m): 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
Eviana:

Not sure I was sitting when I typed this. I think I was lying down.
Anywhoo, my apologies...
Based on your writings, I surely did assume/decide that you hadn't.
So now, let me comfortably decide to assume that you have been to and lived in the U.S. for a considerable amount of time in order to have experienced what I wrote.
So clearly you already know what the deal is in the U.S..

I detect the lovely usual "Nigerian" sarcasm in your writing.
I was just trying to educate you on real life....and to not be ignorant and tribalistic. You made an offensive comment. I decided to reply.

Please accept my apologies....
Be blessed and take care

Lol... Don't mind me, I was only goofing around.

Surprisingly, he people that worries me the most are even fellow blacks (I mean the AAs) their wahala no be here oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan / Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? / Boy Returning From School Killed By Politician’s Convoy In Akwa Ibom. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.