Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France (2870 Views)

Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba / APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo / Nigeria Is Like England, Germany And Spain In One Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by ebufa: 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:
Although in several occasions, England and France works together, they are bitter rivals, as the American independence celebration took place few days back, I came across the post where America asked France for financial aid, france said they were broke but on hearing that the war was against England, they agreed with the speed of light.

I think Nigeria as a country has saved a lot of confrontation, perhaps Igbos and Yorubas have our own sovereignty, there could have been frequent wars between the two most successful West African Nationalities. England and France had fought over 40 wars over the past recorded times. With the rivalry between Igbos and Yorubas, I see the game becuase Yorubas supported Ijaws in Opobo and Bonny issue, the Igbos turned around and support Fulanis in Ilorin since the two tribes have decided to be mad, two can play the game but in truth both nationalities knows the absolute truths about the contested territories.

But wonderfully just like England and France, both Igbos and Yorubas have several common ground, in the second world war, both nations fought side by side and today in the Russian-Ukraine situation both Britain and France are together. I think the Igbos and Yorubas are also together vehemently opposed to Northern political subjugation maybe North is the Russia here.

We still have a lot in common but I'm still thankful that there has not been any actual war directly between the two Nations save for the civil war, we have not had any confrontation with the Yorubas, even the popular ideology of the war in Igboland was that the North was the enemy but now those are in the past but hopefully the rivalry don't escalate.

The ball is firmly in the court of Yorubas now! since they are uncomfortable with relative closeness and progress of Ndigbo in their space, let them pursue constitutional amendments so that Ndigbo can have control of security and devolve powers to the states as well! The rivalry go cool off fast! You cannot eat your cake and have it!

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by hegelian: 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
gidgiddy:

Who toold you empire is a good thing? Empire means that at some point, some people left their land to go to other peoples lands and forcefully take over the place. What can be good about that? Empire is evil and Im glad Igbos never had it

As for saying that Igbos were sold as slaves, which tribe wasnt sold as slaves back in the day?

its more reason why i love the igbos as a yoruba man... they never engage in war, they live and form kinship with neighbors and that is the hallmark of civilization that we are still about today.. the whole point of one world government is stop and halt all wars to bring unity

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by ycat: 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ok o!

Let me let you be with your thread.
I don't like derailing people's thread.

Punctured ego? That's what you felt as I flattened your ego in one swoop. l
thought I responded to comparison between England and France vs Yoruba and igbos. I have a bigger fish to fry. Bye!
AlexBells:

You are the one who is certainly not thinking pproperly, I created the thread so I'm in better position what the post is originally about, you are holding on to straw, there's no relationship China have with US, compared to what Britain has with the UK in the context being discuss, no one made economic comparison so it is either you are bereft of understanding why you bring two unrelated scenery to satisfy your punctured ego

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by NapoleonHill: 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Warl0ck:
For ur information op, IGBOS neva supported fulani nor yoruba muslims.
The only way to destroy christanity in nigeria is by destroying IGBOS.
Muslims never liked igbos because we opposed sharia law right from day one.
Thats why they want to turn SSners against us just to weaken christainity in nigeria.
Thank God the great people of Edos have understood the game.

Average northern muslim is taught to hate the igbos from childhood.

Southern nigerians and middle beltans should be wise.

Islamization of nigeria can only be achieved by destroying the IGBOS

But Edo has a large population of Muslims.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by maivd: 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:

Na why I dey tell you say, Make it Yoruba vs Igbo and make it fast cause someone like me I can tell you we own Nigeria and would not be fighting the fg
Ojukwu ran
Nnamdi kanu ran
Ekpa is on the run.
We know the end from the beginning you cowards are runners.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
maivd:

Ojukwu ran
Nnamdi kanu ran
Ekpa is on the run.
We know the end from the beginning you cowards are runners.
Did I tell you I draw my inspiration from any of those ?
Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by maivd: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
Fejoku:

Ndigbo are not empire builders. We believe in 'live and let us live'. If you don't like it like that then prepare for the inevitable. You can see how it's going now. The next group of people who are taunting us will get a healthy dose of what we can offer.
There's nothing to brag about having an empire. Who knows Mongolia today? What about Greece? Where is Rome(Italy) today? All are shadows of their former selves. Meanwhile, no Yoruba should ever claim ever having a Yoruba empire. There's nothing on ground to ever prove it.
We take pride in our republicanism anyday anytime.

Cheat beaters have nothing in history to gloss there egos with nitwits,suddenly result to we are republicans....just look at the great nations that had empires and rich histories...you are nowhere to be found you yourself can mention Greece,rome and include the great Yoruba nation....bow and you shall be forgiven

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
ycat:
Ok o!

Let me let you be with your thread.
I don't like derailing people's thread.

Punchured ego? That's what you felt as I flattened your ego in one swoop. l
thought I responded to comparison between England and France vs Yoruba and igbos. I have a bigger fish to fry. Bye!
lol, so you admitted you derailed the thread, case closed next time stick to discuss and bringing two unrelated situations

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by maivd: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:

Did I tell you I draw my inspiration from any of those ?
You leave in there shadows.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
maivd:

You leave in there shadows.
Are those the only heroes we got ?, anyway I'm a Zikist and I idolise Kaduna Nzeogwu
Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by ycat: 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
I still stand on my point. But the thing is, repeating myself and arguing with you back and forth would end up derailing your thread. Ok bye.
AlexBells:
lol, so you admitted you derailed the thread, case closed next time stick to discuss and bringing two unrelated situations

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
ycat:
I still stand on my point. But the thing is, repeating myself and arguing with you back and forth would end up derailing your thread. Ok bye.
derailing a thread with over 20 comments, it is too late for that, you lack substance for concrete arguments, next time ensure that you clearly understand the topic
Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by Fejoku: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
maivd:

Cheat beaters have nothing in history to gloss there egos with nitwits,suddenly result to we are republicans....just look at the great nations that had empires and rich histories...you are nowhere to be found you yourself can mention Greece,rome and include the great Yoruba nation....bow and you shall be forgiven
Nowhere in written history has the word 'great' ever been attached to the Yoruba people. I challenge you to post any excerpt here where any foreign writer did so.
Your hate has blinded you to the reality of today. The Yorubas are being unmasked today before all the ethnic groups in Nigeria who hitherto held them in high esteem owing to the false history they ascribed to themselves. The internet and the present politics have taught these ethnic groups about who the Yorubas really are. Continue dancing in the market... you certainly won't know when a fed up marketer will hurl a huge boulder on your hate filled head.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by tatatar: 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:

You talk about building empire when the British saved your ass from 16 years war, rather than fight the british you fell like a pack of avalanches, yet you were envious of Benin Kingdom, Ekumeku resistance fought the british for over 30 years and we won indirect rule but you were totally subjugated with your so called empires
It is well known that it can be harder to subjugate structureless barbarian guerrillas living in the forests.
Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by maivd: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:

No be only two Yorubas, for someone taht the British was able to rape into submission, I can understand the orgasm but not for AlaIgbo we fought the whole country, the British knows better not to set their foot here if it gets confrontational
Keep fooling yourselves thinking the British didn't conquer your useless,arrogant,shallow minute,tribe,the only tribe that battled with colonialism was Ethiopia...You are sons of slaves with no meaningful background.
Come to think of it how could you have resisted the British when only Awo and Adekunle finished your tribe? Keep swimming in lies.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
maivd:

Keep fooling yourselves thinking the British didn't conquer your useless,arrogant,shallow minute,tribe,the only tribe that battled with colonialism was Ethiopia...You are sons of slaves with no meaning background.
Come to think of it how could you have resisted the British when only Awo and Adekunle finished your tribe? Keep swimming in lies.
the envy has started manifesting lol, we got indirect rule you got subjugation, the difference is clear, you lack heroes lol, you lost Ilorin deal with that,
Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
tatatar:

It is well known that it can be harder to subjugate structureless barbarian guerrillas living in the forests.
it was also well known that it is easier to lose Ilorin
Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
ebufa:

The ball is firmly in the court of Yorubas now! since they are uncomfortable with relative closeness and progress of Ndigbo in their space, let them pursue constitutional amendments so that Ndigbo can have control of security and devolve powers to the states as well! The rivalry go cool off fast! You cannot eat your cake and have it!
that's not quite a problem really, whomever that becomes Commander in chief want more power, that's got nothing to do with Igbos or Yoruba yhere are over 300 tribes that will be impacted with potential devolution, Tinubu is power hungry there would be no devolution if possible, he want to head African union sef
Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by maivd: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:
the envy has started manifesting lol, we got indirect rule you got subjugation, the difference is clear, you lack heroes lol, you lost Ilorin deal with that,
Envy who?
We don't run from our homestead claiming we develop other people's land. South west is your peak.....no okoro made it in life without coming to the west,you must bow to the west.
Remember:
Ojukwu ran
Nnamdi kani ran
Ekpa is running
They are all Bloody cowards....sowore is greater than the three of them combined.

3 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
maivd:

Envy who?
We don't run from our homestead claiming we develop other people's land. South west is your peak.....no okoro made it in life without coming to the west,you must bow to the west.
Remember:
Ojukwu ran
Nnamdi kani ran
Ekpa is running
They are all Bloody cowards....sowore is greater than the three of them combined.
You keep mentioning the people I told you ain't part of my inspiration, with your brown roofs or what, nothing in your south west to worth, those coming to your place are coming to work in places and stuff your lazy asses wont do, brown roof Republic that lacks heroes

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by maivd: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:

You keep mentioning the people I told you ain't part of my inspiration, with your brown roofs or what, nothing in your south west to worth, those coming to your place are coming to work in places and stuff your lazy asses wont do, brown roof Republic that lacks heroes
Why can't you stay in your haunted place and work,do you have to come to the west? Is there no work in the east? Is the brown roof region not your London?
You dolts keep mesmerizing yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
maivd:

Why can't you stay in your haunted place and work,do you have to come to the west? Is the no work in the east? Is the brown roof region not your London?
You dolts keep mesmerizing yourselves.
I live in Enugu, I can't decide for my people where they stay in their country, I wonder how life looks like in place like Ibadan, those brown roofs would be having pit toilet, spits
Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by maivd: 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:

I live in Enugu, I can't decide for my people where they stay in their country, I wonder how life looks like in place like Ibadan, those brown roofs would be having pit toilet, spits
Yes it has pit toilets yet you minions pack yourselves like expired sardines and sneak into the city every night...Has we speak now some of your people have just gotten to Ibadan,while some are loading bus heading to the same place.

3 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
maivd:

Yes it has pit toilets yet you minions pack yourselves like expired sardines and sneak into the city every night...Has we speak now some of your people have just gotten to Ibadan,while some are loading bus heading to the same place.
Why not find those my minions and talk to them one on one man to man, woman to man, woman to woman or man to woman, the person you are talking to currently got all my assets here in AlaIgbo

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
Umm no the Igbos are by far the most primitive people in all of Nigeria. People who are allowing a twitter warrior to convince them to sit at home ๐Ÿ˜‚. People who donโ€™t believe in anything other than trying to copy everything the white man does but are very bad at it ๐Ÿ˜‚. Yorubas have too much rich culture to compare to those people

2 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by AlexBells(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
tundein18:
Umm no the Igbos are by far the most primitive people in all of Nigeria. People who are allowing a twitter warrior to convince them to sit at home ๐Ÿ˜‚. People who donโ€™t believe in anything other than trying to copy everything the white man does but are very bad at it ๐Ÿ˜‚. Yorubas have too much rich culture to compare to those people
The same primitive people are the ones you are coining all the RONU nonsense for, you sound like a broken record

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:

The same primitive people are the ones you are coining all the RONU nonsense for, you sound like a broken record
See even this response is primitive

2 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba Is Like England And France by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
AlexBells:

The mumu just activated the war button, thank God the war is only restricted to the online zone nairaland branch

What war button? You people are always on the losing end of wars. You donโ€™t want war!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos State Tackles Oba Of Benin, advises Him to Learn / Someone Predicted A Year Ago Exactly How Tinubu's Tenure Would Go / "telephone Is Not For The Poor" - Senator David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.