Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,061 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Should Parents Respect Their Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Parents Respect Their Children? (521 Views)

Should Parents Apologize To Their Children When They're Wrong? / Should Parents With Little Kids Have Househelp / 10 Things Parents Should Moderate In Their Children In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Parents Respect Their Children? by Familyplug(f): 6:43am On Jul 11, 2023
A solid relationship between parents and children is built on respect. When we treat our kids with respect, we instill in them the importance of respecting both ourselves and other people.

"Our children's self-esteem is cultivated and their confidence to express themselves is encouraged by our respect for their thoughts, feelings, and individuality."

"Remember that respect requires reciprocity. By treating our kids with respect, we encourage them to respect us, other people, and their environment.

Respectful parenting is appreciating our children as distinct individuals and acknowledging that they have their own thoughts, beliefs, and feelings.

"We must first set an example of respect for others in order to teach our children to do the same. The best way for kids to learn is through watching how we treat them and other people with compassion, empathy, and understanding.

"Respectful discipline entails establishing limits and objectives while taking into account our own behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Respect Their Children? by KingOfTheDamned: 6:48am On Jul 11, 2023
Nonsense.
Re: Should Parents Respect Their Children? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 11, 2023
Yes of course, children should first be obidient and parent returns the love by respecting them. For me my parents words are command to me and in return they love me more than I love myself.
Re: Should Parents Respect Their Children? by izonborn098(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2023
This fish brain gender sef
Re: Should Parents Respect Their Children? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
As long as I'm the one who has cleaned the house, then they better respect me... grin grin grin

I don't care whose house it belongs to, I make the rules and they listen.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Respect Their Children? by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2023
Indeed! Parents ought also to respect their kids. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should Parents Respect Their Children? by Purvan(m): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2023
Wu respect epp??

I'm gonna torment my kids till they kts
Re: Should Parents Respect Their Children? by Familyplug(f): 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
Respecting is a two way traffic... And children learn by imitating their parents....so if you disrespect them they'll also do the same in return....

(1) (Reply)

Bukatyne Movie Reviews: Forgotten Love, Once Upon A Crime And Fair Play / What Are You Starting To Like LESS The Older You Get? / Kindly Advice : Go Back To School To Study Medicine At 38

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.