Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days (19162 Views)

Naira Hits ₦2,000/1£ At Parallel Market (From ₦1930/£) / Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint / $1 Back To ₦‎690 At Black Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Lordatkinson: 11:25am On Jul 11, 2023
But this government has merged all the windows, isn't that the reason for sudden surge of dollars and devaluation of naira?

Which one is now black market again?
Ah! Dey Don scarm us.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by lomprico(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2023
omoadeleye:
Okay. They should stop patronising black Market too

Dumbo!
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by mrdharkchild(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2023
1CAD =601NGN.
Time to send those dollars home.
It is favoring me and my family back home.

2 Likes

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by BrickDevo: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2023
erniok:

It won't get to 2k.
Same they said before it got to 1k
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by meum: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2023
Whytelyon:

Relax when Tinubu finish, e pikin go say na e Turn, Ronus go still carry them imbecility go vote am again.
Una think say na by Tribe? grin
Una never see anything. No worry.

Who be “una” wey you dey talk about?
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by BrickDevo: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2023
mrdharkchild:
1CAD =601NGN.
Time to send those dollars home.
It is favoring me and my family back home.
It's affecting everything, just gain numerical value, most of the things you will buy are still imported including foods
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by erniok(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2023
BrickDevo:

Same they said before it got to 1k
If you've been following economic trends you'd know that getting to 1k with floating of the naira was just a.matternof time. It'd retrace should the govt get investors to pump in foreign currencies.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Shantyken(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2023
Stop buying foreign goods and see the naira get strong.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Inner19(m): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2023
Who in UK will send me small pounds o.

Atleast make I use that one hold body small this week till my hustle go pay.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Sniper101(m): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2023
As Nigerians no wan get sense
But quitting tribalism and adopting patriotism
If ₦aira like make e reach 1k per Dollar.

Na wetin Boys dey pray for be that sef
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Whytelyon(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2023
meum:

Who be “una” wey you dey talk about?

Day ask me grin
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by OkCornel(m): 11:43am On Jul 11, 2023
[
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by OkCornel(m): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2023
Chibuzor9000:
This is the consolation of a supporter of evil regime hit hard by realities.
Very hypocritical

I tell you
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by StemCellTherapi(m): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2023
For some time now, I have been analysing which is better in terms of travelling to work and sending money back home to invest and I can come to that conclusion that UK is still the best.

UK money is far higher than both USA, Canada and even Australia interms of the exchange rate.

I think travelling to UK should be on my list this year.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by meum: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2023
Whytelyon:

Day ask me grin
Noting join me with una abeg
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by mrdharkchild(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2023
BrickDevo:

It's affecting everything, just gain numerical value, most of the things you will buy are still imported including foods

I'm sending it in dollars, not in Naira.
Dollars always appreciates no matter what, as far as its that frog that's in ASO rock.

It'll keep rising and favoring the conversion here
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Whytelyon(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
meum:

Noting join me with una abeg

Your Conscience day fight you now shebi?
When you day vote APC you no remember?
God will grant all of una sense las las. As for the "Una", e be like say, you get front seat for the wagon.

Enjoy your day sir. Awon Ronus. grin
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by MadarasBlade(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
omoadeleye:
you're very stupid, did you provide dollars for them and they rejected it?
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Crvrider: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
updatechange:
What are we not getting right in this country 🤔

Blike we go need declare state of emergency on naira notes now ooo !!

Right leadership. And right followership.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by micgray100(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
SEELING 1USDT FOR 800+ ON BINANCE..... NIGERIA... WHICH WAY.... OMO WETIN WE DEY FOR THIS TINUBU REGIME O.....
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by BrickDevo: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2023
mrdharkchild:

I'm sending it in dollars, not in Naira.
Dollars always appreciates no matter what, as far as its that frog that's in ASO rock.

It'll keep rising and favoring the conversion here
and am telling you, that what you will gain it's numerical value, unless you are buying locally made goods such as garri, palm oli, fufu, but as long as Nigeria depends on imported goods bought with the same dollars, you gain a little.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Sheyimann: 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2023
bionixs:
the dumbest people I know are educated, exposed and believe they are the best. Just getting my project done and I am off to Langside Glasgow , Scotland.

Una think say na to dey here dragging issues with under - bridge boys because data is now cheap. Shege go kee all of una here

Rubbish!

My junior brother too just finished ,studied medical physiology and came out with 4.5 gp, how did you process yours
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by wink2015(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
I do not know why the federal government of Nigeria is so afraid of investing in Agriculture.

They prefer crude oil money and that is why the national currency is not appreciating in value against other world known currency like the British Pound, USA dollars, and European union Euro.

Even the northern states governors prefer crude oil money instead of investing in the huge lands stretching from Niger state, Zamfara, Kebbi, Sokoto, Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa, Katsina, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Taraba, Plateau state, Nasarawa state etc

The future of Nigeria is to curb insecurity now ravaging the entire country and go back to the Agriculture days.

If Nigeria can not manufacture Aeroplane, Ships, machineries etc like the advanced countries they should be able to grow food crops both for domestic consumption and export.

All the successive government Nigeria have had in the recent years have had a total distaste for Agriculture.

Buhari held the petroleum ministry for good 8 years without achieving anything.

If he had ended insecurity and focussed the Nigeria in Agriculture that will be a game change.

AGRICULTURE IS A GAME CHANGER FOR NIGERIA.

THERE IS SO MUCH MONEY IN AGRICULTURE IF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CAN THINK INSIDE AND OUT OF THE BOX.

The federal government of Nigeria should create the enabling environment for Agriculture to succeed in Nigeria.

Countries like Botswana, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Morocco, Egypt are doing so well in Agriculture.

Ukraine that is being bombarded night and day are even exporting wheat to many African countries.

NIGERIA POLITICAL LEADERS FROM FEDERAL TO STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT INCLUDING THE PRIVATE SECTORS MUST PUT THE RIGHT POLICY IN PLACE TO DEVELOP AGRICULTURE.

There is so much focus in Crude oil which comes with large scale looting and corruption by the political class.

Nigeria can earn huge foreign exchange from export of food crops and timbers, charcoal etc

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Masterito(m): 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
Really?
omoadeleye:
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by InvertedHammer: 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
/
I still stand by N1000/$ soon.

/

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by somehow: 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2023
SmartyPants:

There will always be a black market rate. The difference is that in a free market, the black markert rate has a close relationship with the bank rate.

What is the purpose of floating the naira?

Wasn't the elimination of black market one of the reasons given?
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by SmartyPants(m): 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
somehow:

What is the purpose of floating the naira?

Wasn't the elimination of black market one of the reasons given?

There is no way to eliminate the black market. As long as dollars flow into the hands of private actors, there will always be a possibility of selling from kne individual to another. That's the black market.

What they wanted to eliminate was arbitrage...where people took from govt at 450 and sold on the black market at 750.

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Nathan2016: 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2023
omoadeleye:

Talking like someone who is still eating mama thank you,

When you grow up, yo will understand why they patronize black market.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Nathan2016: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Which one is black market again?

After collapsing the windows, there should be no black market now. This Tinubu chesslike economics wil bring wahala o.

There will always be black market especially when demand is more than supply
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by scally11: 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
Na for naija men way dey uk to use tax return Bleep all una girl friends for Christmas. We told them that u can't build a good house on a bad foundation. It won't work.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by onoms4luv(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
So where should we patronise??

omoadeleye:
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by somehow: 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2023
SmartyPants:

There is no way to eliminate the black market. As long as dollars flow into the hands of private actors, there will always be a possibility of selling from kne individual to another. That's the black market.

What they wanted to eliminate was arbitrage...where people took from govt at 450 and sold on the black market at 750.

In a nutshell, they just put the problems into one room instead of them being in different rooms?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jumia Closes Business In Tanzania Days After Suspending Operations In Cameroon / Partner With Longrich Business And Earn Weekly / Elon Musk Says He'll Be Paying $11 Billion In Tax This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.