Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days (19202 Views)

Naira Hits ₦2,000/1£ At Parallel Market (From ₦1930/£) / Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint / $1 Back To ₦‎690 At Black Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Mountbatten: 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2023
Would like to see a comparison between the number of people who Japa this year compared to last year with the current exchange rate and the recent update to the UK immigration laws.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by lastkingsman: 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:
Nigeria's Naira still performs better than the South Korean currency but the quality of living & economy in South Korea is better than most European and all African countries. It's not by exchange rate but the favorable environment for businesses which will enhance the quality of living and give room for more investors. Let's be objective for once if BAT continues with this pedigree of economic reform Nigeria will be better in the long run and the reality is that it will be tough at first because economic transformation is a decision that requires a lot of sacrifice bcs no pain no gain.

You dey craze no be small

Read what you wrote again.
Don't ever compare Nigeria with south Korea again. What's the minimum wage in Nigeria compare to south Korea?

Tinubu is not doing any economic reforms. Economic reforms starts from cutting down cost of governance and wasteful spending. Until he does that, we are wasting our time because funds realized from all these subsidy removal will be relooted

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Eriokanmi: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2023
pafra:
E

How can you remove fuel subside, with out a minister to manage the process. You float forex without a substancial CBN governor and economic team.

Worse of all is the removal of withdrawal limit on forex in bank, without increasing the inflow of forex to the country and put in place legal frame work to manage the process.

I am hoping for the best moving forward.
Na today you sabi say tinubu na denz man? The lagos success he's been claiming had been there before he relocated to lagos from osun. History can't lie. With and without tinubu, eko will always maintain the lead. He only knows how to steal, and unleash propaganda, period! If he eventually scales the hurdle of the judiciary, which is hard to tell, his 4 years government will be the worst in history. I pity his supporters who are busy suffering and smiling
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by akaahs(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2023
Dottore:
My happiness is that every Nigerian is in this together both the ones that voted the incumbent and the ones that didn't.

The economy is growing indeed.
E dey pain me, knowing fully this is not what i bargain for.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by IbeOkehie: 7:23pm On Jul 11, 2023
This is great news that will favor the Worldwide JAPA Family 😀, I breathlessly await the day my beloved $USD will hit the 1000 mark against the naira.

On the other threads about the UK we've been told endlessly that ₦500K is a huge salary in Nigeria and we know only 0.4% of workers earn over ₦200K. I wonder what it can buy in the market these days 🤔

phemmyfour:
if only you know the stress she goes through to earn £10 even in the cold

It's not cold in the UK right now. grin

Mountbatten:
Would like to see a comparison between the number of people who Japa this year compared to last year with the current exchange rate and the recent update to the UK immigration laws.

This is wonderful news, the pot is boiling and the frogs are jumping. Those Nigerian patriots who like suffering & smiling will remain there and enjoy it.

This is CHANGE!
This is Next Level!

Good Luck to Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by IbeOkehie: 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2023
hosemujica:
You only have two likes at this moment, even though you simplified the forex problem for ordinary man to understand. That’s how much Nigerians don’t understand the root cause of our forex issues.

grin

OK since we want to understand, can you spell out HOW a government can cause an increase in production? It's actually an important subject and I agree that Nigerians don't understand it at all.

The floor is yours. Let's "edumacated" everyone.

Cheers.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by fijihems: 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2023
I bought some today at N1030 per pound.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by grandstar(m): 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
pafra:
E

How can you remove fuel subside, with out a minister to manage the process. You float forex without a substancial CBN governor and economic team.

Worse of all is the removal of withdrawal limit on forex in bank, without increasing the inflow of forex to the country and put in place legal frame work to manage the process.

I am hoping for the best moving forward.

It isn't compulsory a minister or CBN governor is in place. Waiting for them to be in place is the equivalent of not moving ahead.

Also, the problems they were causing were so great that their reforms should have been done years ago and not just today. Ending fuel subsidy alone yielded 400bn for the government in a month. I am sure about 150bn should accrue from a floated Naira as well.

The fuel subsidy alone was chopping more than 20% of the budget.

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by phemmyfour: 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2023
IbeOkehie:
This is great news that will favor the Worldwide JAPA Family 😀, I breathlessly await the day my beloved $USD will hit the 1000 mark against the naira.

On the other threads about the UK we've been told endlessly that ₦500K is a huge salary in Nigeria and we know only 0.4% of workers earn over ₦200K. I wonder what it can buy in the market these days 🤔

It's not cold in the UK right now. grin

This is wonderful news, the pot is boiling and the frogs are jumping. Those Nigerian patriots who like suffering & smiling will remain there and enjoy it.

This is CHANGE!
This is Next Level!

Good Luck to Nigeria!

It's cold now, you would have been right 4weeks ago

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by grandstar(m): 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
Bfly:
For the short term, the policies have been from frying pan to fire. We believe in its long run effect. Hope does not put to shame.

Just this mornings smuggling made headline
After floating, black market is still striving.

Mehn! The only way out is for everyone to get to work. Quick fix CANNOT work unless the hardship pushes everyone to become productive for survival. From security personnel to individual self.

I begin to understand that these so called leaders are ordinary people like everyone else with faulted faculty and insecure entity suffering from superiority complex, who made it to limelight. They could be anyone around us. The only difference is the title.

Whether we like it or not, the present system has produced some positive results.

The removal of the fuel subsidy brought in an extra 400bn to the government purse in just a month.

The floating of the Naira might have added about 150-200bn within 30 days.

Most importantly, this are early days. It is too early to speak.

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by IbeOkehie: 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
grandstar:

Whether we like it or not, the present system has produced some positive results.

The removal of the fuel subsidy brought in an extra 400bn to the government purse in just a month.

The floating of the Naira might have added about 150-200bn within 30 days.

Most importantly, this are early days. It is too early to speak.

Government has been borrowing to pay fuel subsidy for at least 2 years now. There's nothing to save, all that happened is less debt incurred.

Cheers.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by grandstar(m): 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Government has been borrowing to pay fuel subsidy for at least 2 years now. There's nothing to save, all that happened is less debt incurred.

Cheers.

I love the way you phrased it unlike others who say government officials will simply "embezzle" all the money.

2 Likes

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by IbeOkehie: 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
phemmyfour:
It's cold now, you would have been right 4weeks ago

Winter or Summer, wildfires or earthquake or floods....

It will still favor the JAPA Family. grin

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Melagros(m): 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2023
Warl0ck:
This renewed shege go favour helineus and moh24 family grin grin.
Wetin concern me wey dey Poland.
grin grin grin
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Melagros(m): 10:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
christejames:
Government of propaganda...

Reality will set in on everyone soon
I dey tell you

1 Like

Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Melagros(m): 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
maestroferddi:
Propaganda doesn't fix economy...
At all
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by pafra(m): 3:27am On Jul 12, 2023
grandstar:

It isn't compulsory a minister or CBN governor is in place. Waiting for them to be in place is the equivalent of not moving ahead.

Also, the problems they were causing were so great that their reforms should have been done years ago and not just today. Ending fuel subsidy alone yielded 400bn for the government in a month. I am sure about 150bn should accrue from a floated Naira as well.

The fuel subsidy alone was chopping more than 20% of the budget.

You end up saying balablue.I could have forgive your ignorance but listen. Nigeria gain 400b, naira jump from 420 to 780 . Inflation have eroded the gain made.

Already 4 million Nigeria have been poorer by this policies according to world bank report.

The suffering have increase and you think they are doing the right thing?
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by meum: 3:52am On Jul 12, 2023
Whytelyon:

Your Conscience day fight you now shebi?
When you day vote APC you no remember?
God will grant all of una sense las las. As for the "Una", e be like say, you get front seat for the wagon.

Enjoy your day sir. Awon Ronus. grin
Wetin join me & APC? Even if na for dream sef e no fit possible. So I Dey wonder wetin concern me for the una wey you talk.

Awon Ronus? No be me & you. I no from there abeg. Check my username well E fit be say no be me you want quote.
Re: UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days by Whytelyon(m): 4:07am On Jul 12, 2023
meum:

Wetin join me & APC? Even if na for dream sef e no fit possible. So I Dey wonder wetin concern me for the una wey you talk.

Awon Ronus? No be me & you. I no from there abeg. Check my username well E fit be say no be me you want quote.

grin it's good, then you no get problem na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Figures In One Year: A Nairalander’s Success Tips / Tips And Tricks To Earn On Fiverr As A Nigerian / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.