Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? (18539 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by lovediehatelive(m): 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
So a friend of mine is in his finals and said he won't go for NYSC.

While discussing with a group of pals, one adviced him to go for NYSC because they'll request for the certificate when you apply for a job.

He told him about a course mate during his time who was turned down for a private job just because he didn't go for NYSC.

I use to think that only government Jobs require NYSC as a criteria for getting hired.

What's your experience, have you ever been turned down for a job because you didn't have NYSC certificate?

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by dogtails(m): 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
lovediehatelive:

While discussing with a group of pals, one adviced him to go for NYSC because they'll request for the certificate when you apply for a job.

He told him about a course mate during his time who was turned down for a private job just because he didn't go for NYSC.

I use to think that only government Jobs require NYSC as a criteria for getting hired.

What's your experience, have you ever been turned down for a job because you didn't have NYSC certificate?
Continue thinking no go do Yr nysc mumu

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by Xammie001(m): 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2023
they will ask for your exemption letter if you didn't go for nysc fret not

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by chocboi78(m): 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
Some jobs even request your original certs which you don’t get until you have completed your NYSC or present an exemption letter to your school.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by majesticguy: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
It's best you do your NYSC to avoid stories that touch. If you graduated above 30+ years of age, try and get the exemption certificate from NYSC.

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

198 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by labake1(f): 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2023
dogtails:
Continue thinking no go do Yr nysc mumu

See mouth like dog tail

34 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by lovediehatelive(m): 6:44am On Jul 12, 2023
Xammie001:
they will ask for your exemption letter if you didn't go for nysc fret not

Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by lovediehatelive(m): 6:45am On Jul 12, 2023
chocboi78:
Some jobs even request your original certs which you don’t get until you have completed your NYSC or present an exemption letter to your school.

Please Can you give examples of such jobs

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by lovediehatelive(m): 6:47am On Jul 12, 2023
majesticguy:
It's best you do your NYSC to avoid stories that touch. If you graduated above 30+ years of age, try and get the exemption certificate from NYSC.

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

What if one graduated before 30.

I think he'll be 27 by next year

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by chocboi78(m): 9:01am On Jul 12, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Please Can you give examples of such jobs
the last access bank recruitment programme I applied for. Had to miss the physical screening exercise because I’m yet to undergo the NYSC programme.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by virginboy1(m): 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Yes,

But Thank God for Street Orientation.
If not man for no get work.

On the contrary, Soft Reminder....Always use condom ooo, HIV dey for town

15 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
I don't think so!
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by davidtemi(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
Why didn't u do ur NYSC??
U definitely knw it's a pre requisite to any post in d country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by BluntCrazeMan: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
I can't relate..

I did NYSC
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by IyaTola: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
grin
If we Nigerians don't like each other and we begin to segregate between NYSC attendees and none NYSC, I don't see why this country won't divide into two.

I wanted to let it slide that is one of those things when job hunting, but I just have to let the cat out of the bag, because I don't want to start thinking about it as today is sons birthday, I need to free my mind.

Female accountant needed. Interview is tomorrow,.
Kindly send CV to nonsotidax@gmail.com
Salary: 150k depending on the experience
Full time, 8.40 - 4.30pm, 4 days a week
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by polite2(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
How many jobs dey Nigeria?. Once u are denied once u re denied forever

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by sofeo(m): 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
Haven't tried that though.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by Whois(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
I wise man once said " preparation meets opportunity "

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by Roger3D(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
lovediehatelive:

By the laws establishing the NYSC it is illegal for any organization to employ an individual with a graduate degree without an NYSC discharge/exemption certificate. If you graduate at an age less than 30 you better save yourself a whole lot of trouble by going to serve. Remember what happened to Kemi the ex-finance minister?

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by boldsleek: 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
I didn't really look for job after graduation.

meanwhile,

A Computer Literate FRONTDESK OFFICER with an OND/NCE qualification is urgently needed in a health facility in Abuja.

Applicants should please be staying within Galadimawa/Lugbe/karimo/Jabi axis.

Interested Applicants should please send their Cv in pdf format via whatsapp to this number: 08098587274.
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by samwillyco1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
I have been denied because I didn't have a big surname like senator or Governor.
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by Starboytwo(m): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
Better go.

Leave that your friend paro.

There’s a high chance you’d enjoy the adventure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by Boogyman557: 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
c
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by Senioradvocate(m): 12:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
cheesy

I don't even see the job even after graduating upper credit and completing my NYSC.
I don quite job hunting for now and never think I will go back
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by stanbright(m): 12:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Actually many jobs in Nigeria now needs your NYSC certificate or an exemption letter.Only few companies do not ask for it.But it is better to do it,to avoid story that touches

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by lovediehatelive(m): 12:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
chocboi78:
the last access bank recruitment programme I applied for. Had to miss the physical screening exercise because I’m yet to undergo the NYSC programme.

Wow..

So it's not only government Jobs
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by xristos(m): 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
it's a must have
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by Leggodeals(f): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
Nope, can't relate. I served as soon as I was done with school. But getting good jobs have not been easy. Low paying and scam jobs everywhere.

Because of my experience at job hunting, I made a resolution to only advertise genuine jobs with employers' direct emails on my group page https:///184037139835240/
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by mayim(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
it's better to do with to be on the safe side. but i have someone, a young chap who refused to do it. He is into tech and was already working for tech companies in Nigeria and abroad even while in his final year. he felt nysc was a waste of his time and he was right afterall. he is based abroad now and doing super good for himself. So in conclusion, if you hope to get the regular jobs in the nigerian job market, you should do it.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by Okortor: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
Why won't u do NYSC? not even a discharge or exemption certificate?
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? by ShenTeh(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
No, even if any employer in Nigeria is bold enough to employ you, that employer runs the risk of prosecution by the government.

But again, Nigeria is a country where patriotism and law are often on holiday.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Takes Over Recruitment Duties From Teaching Hospitals / Phcn Recruitment: How Authentic Is It? / Npower: Who Else Got This Email?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.