Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission (23843 Views)

Afdb To Hire Professionals Through 2019 YPP / Peugeot To Start Nigeria Assembly Plant In 2019 / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by FreeStuffsNG: 12:47am On Jul 12, 2023
Otedola partners Lagos state and AfDB to develop Nigeria’s first PPP power transmission project

The chairman of Geregu Power Plc Mr. Femi Otedola has disclosed plans to develop a power transmission project in partnership with the Lagos state government.

He disclosed this on his social media handle after a meeting with the Lagos state Governor Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu and the President of the African Development Bank Group Dr Akinwunmi Adesina in Lagos state.

If the project comes to light, it will be the first of its kind in Nigeria as hitherto, private individuals were not allowed to transmit power in the country.

Nigeria’s electricity act 2023
The move comes on the heels of the recently signed Nigeria Electricity Act 2023 by President Bola Tinubu which grants state government and private individuals the license to transmit electricity in areas covered by the national grid. According to the provisions of the law, states, companies and individuals can generate, transmit and distribute electricity in the country.

The law also demonopolized electricity regulation by transmitting such responsibilities to state governments anytime they establish their regulatory agency.

Lagos State’s electricity plans
Nairametrics earlier reported the Lagos state government plans to fully take advantage of the new electricity act and establish a sustainable electricity market with a strong commercial framework.

In another report by Nairamterics, the state identified public-private partnerships as key in driving investment in the power sector.

Power transmission has been a major problem in Nigeria- the country has persistently witnessed transmission grid collapse. In 2022, the national grid collapsed over 10 times necessitating a national blackout on every occasion. While Nigeria has a generation capacity of 22000 megawatts, the country can only transmit about 4000 to 6000 megawatts of electricity.

Lagos state is Nigeria’s biggest economy, and the fifth biggest economy in Africa. Its GDP in 2022 stood at $29 billion. The state electricity demand in 2020 was 10,000 megawatts and the power supply was only 1900 megawatts.

Femi Otedola is a billionaire investor with business interests in oil and gas, power, banking, shipping, real estate etc. He is the chairman of Geregu Power plc, one of the major shareholders in First Bank plc

https://nairametrics.com/2023/07/11/otedola-partners-lagos-state-and-afdb-to-develop-nigerias-first-ppp-power-transmission-project/

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by FreeStuffsNG: 12:48am On Jul 12, 2023
Good news to investors with Geregu shares wink

This is the Best Time to invest in Lagos and neighbouring fellow Yoruba SW states.

if you hate and resent your Yoruba host, this is the worst time to invest in Yorubaland. You will lose because of your hate for your host who own the land.

Invest in Lagos today with a good patriotic heart and not with a heart full of hatred and bigotry against your host so you will not lose everything you bring to Yorubaland.

God bless Lagos state and may God bless Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!

159 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by abibox02: 1:25am On Jul 12, 2023
K
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by MrBiGGEST(m): 2:09am On Jul 12, 2023
Otedola, is doing well 👍🏽

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by sorosoke101: 2:41am On Jul 12, 2023
Eko oni baje! O baje ti! We ready need it

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by WildChild00(m): 3:05am On Jul 12, 2023
grin
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by michlins(m): 3:35am On Jul 12, 2023
Lagos is on another level entirely. Hate it or like it, it's inconsequential

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ODUBEZE: 3:54am On Jul 12, 2023
Otedola worked for APC, so it's contract time grin grin

He has to recoup his money undecided

That's Nigerian politics for you

Afe Babalola is another beneficiary of Tinubu, disguising as a statesman undecided

We know them

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Rolings: 4:02am On Jul 12, 2023
ODUBEZE:

[b]Afe Babalola is another beneficiary of Tinubu, disguising as a statesman undecided

We know them [/b]

I know Afe got more than half of his wealth under Obj.
Afe was FG lawyer
Obj lawyer
PDP lawyer.
Man cashed out big time.
Obj was also influential in his decision to build a university.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by CodeTemplar: 4:44am On Jul 12, 2023
Okay. But who will transmit their power over this line?
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by BigIyanga: 5:23am On Jul 12, 2023
Sounding like another Enron lol

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by herkeem: 5:32am On Jul 12, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMpFb-VFkbM

My It come to fruition.
Lagos Leads.
God bless Nigeria.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by adebayo987: 5:38am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/07/11/otedola-partners-lagos-state-and-afdb-to-develop-nigerias-first-ppp-power-transmission-project

That's great news. The company should only collect their bills via pre-paid metres because anything other than that is a total waste of time and money.

9 Likes

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ratiani6: 6:10am On Jul 12, 2023
We are watching

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by sapele914(m): 6:17am On Jul 12, 2023
michlins:
Lagos is on another level entirely. Hate it or like it, it's inconsequential
Yet some mediocres were ready to choose an Empty Barrel from Anambra over an open eye son of Eko?

Mumus.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 12, 2023
This is what other states should be doing for their states and people.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Throwback: 6:57am On Jul 12, 2023
ODUBEZE:

Afe Babalola is another beneficiary of Tinubu, disguising as a statesman undecided

We know them

Are the We Igbos?

Just asking to better understand your plight.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by drlateef: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:
This is what other states should be doing for their states and people.

They will not hold their governors to account. Rather they will run away from the crumbling state to Lagos. Then they will claim Lagos belongs to them.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Morenikeji090(m): 7:08am On Jul 12, 2023
Lol tell them ooo... I'm so proud to be Yoruba ooooo..
FreeStuffsNG:

This is the Best Time to invest in Lagos and neighbouring fellow Yoruba SW states.

if you hate and resent your Yoruba host, this is the worst time to invest in Yorubaland. You will lose because of your hate for your host who own the land.

Invest in Lagos today with a good patriotic heart and not with a heart full of hatred and bigotry against your host so you will not lose everything you bring to Yorubaland.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by franchasofficia: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Is this bitter rant necessary? You made a beautiful post but spoilt it with this unnecessary bitter comment.

I am Igbo, a reputable man from my community is Femi Otedola's close friend and ally right from the time of Goodluck. He was among the people that mediated for Otedola when he was bankrupt and Goodluck bailed him. He visited Otedola almost monthly in Ghana where Femi was spending most of his time then until Goodluck came to power and bailed him. He is Igbo, he is closer to Femi Otedola than you that's same tribe with Femi Otedola.

My point is, only poor wretched and bitter people carry tribalism on their head like gala even when there is no need to.

I lived in Lagos for years, Lagos favored me a lot. I owe Lagos state tribute for my life's success. I cherish Lagos even more than my own state. I never wished Lagos bad, in fact I once wished Lagos could become a megacity like Paris, reason I supported a change in government in Lagos so Lagos can achieve its full potentias. I never for once disrespected Lagos and will never do. I paid all my levies and dues and even tax to Lagos state government. I contributed in my community development in Lagos because I was once a committee member of my LCDA and estate. We ensured we had adequate security. The chairman of my estate landlord and tenants association for over 6 years was an Igbo man.

Many of you go about spreading falsehood about Igbos and causing unjustified hatred for Igbos by falsely lying that Igbos don't honor or respect their host and I keep wondering how? This worthless claim only come to limelight every 4 years in Lagos that its election time that Lagos APC use the tactics to deceive bigots like you to vote for them and attack Igbos yet you refuse to use your wisdom.

Tell me categorically how Igbos disrespect Lagos indigenes in Lagos?

Don't start that Lagos is a no man's land mantra cos it was a positive slang started by a Yoruba man who was Lagos Governor and some Igbos used it to explain how welcoming Lagos is to everybody without discrimination. Never for once did Igbos contest to become Oba in Lagos? Have Igbos ever attacked Lagosians in a bid to snatch and take over their lands like Fulani herdsmen do to you, yet you never for once condemned Fulani tribe for that.

God and divinity will judge people like you. Be careful in life, life is deeper than internet fun and cruise catching cos u are causing heavy hatred and distortion of truth with the potential of causing genocide and ethnic civil war.

What crime did Igbos commit in 2023? That Peter Obi an Igbo man contested for Nigeria's President? First time Igbos massively supported an Igbo Presidential candidate after Igbos supported Presidential candidates from other tribes; Shagari (Hausa), Obasanjo (Yoruba), Yaradua (Fulani), Goodluck (Ijaw), Atiku (Fulani) yet you guys have been going on rampage just because Igbos supported an overqualified and competent Igbo Presidential candidate for once.

Be honest, if it was Igbos that produced Obasanjo from 1999 to 2006, Osinbajo from 2015 to 2023, and still insisted they must produce next President in 2023, how will Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis have reacted to it? You guys would have told the whole world how greedy, heartless and arrogant Igbos are and how greedy Igbos are trying to dominate Nigeria by not allowing other Southern tribes to produce President.

God is watching you all, sorrow may endure for the night but joy will definitely come in the morning, you all will live to see what the Lord can do

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ODUBEZE: 7:42am On Jul 12, 2023
Throwback:

Are the We Igbos?

Just asking to better understand your plight.
Of all the things written, pronoun is your own plight

Education would have taught you that all tribes are humans first but no! Politics has dealt you a big blow

Sorry for you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Psady(m): 7:57am On Jul 12, 2023
It should benefit the poor masses ooo!
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Throwback: 8:05am On Jul 12, 2023
ODUBEZE:

Of all the things written, pronoun is your own plight

Education would have taught you that all tribes are humans first but no! [b]Politics has dealt you a big blow

Sorry for you![/b]

You mean the very politics that has made you a bitter and envious soul that cannot appreciate any good effort that is not of your tribe or the party you support?

You should be grateful I have coached you to diagnose a problem you did not know you had.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by chris4gold(m): 8:09am On Jul 12, 2023
Good development.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by princemillla(m): 8:12am On Jul 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Okay. But who will transmit their power over this line?

Good question!
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Laren24(m): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
Is this bitter rant necessary? You made a beautiful post but spoilt it with this unnecessary bitter comment.

I am Igbo, a reputable man from my community is Femi Otedola's close friend and ally right from the time of Goodluck. He was among the people that mediated for Otedola when he was bankrupt and Goodluck bailed him. He visited Otedola almost monthly in Ghana where Femi was spending most of his time then until Goodluck came to power and bailed him. He is Igbo, he is closer to Femi Otedola than you that's same tribe with Femi Otedola.

My point is, only poor wretched and bitter people carry tribalism on their head like gala even when there is no need to.

I lived in Lagos for years, Lagos favored me a lot. I owe Lagos state tribute for my life's success. I cherish Lagos even more than my own state. I never wished Lagos bad, in fact I once wished Lagos could become a megacity like Paris, reason I supported a change in government in Lagos so Lagos can achieve its full potentias. I never for once disrespected Lagos and will never do. I paid all my levies and dues and even tax to Lagos state government. I contributed in my community development in Lagos because I was once a committee member of my LCDA and estate. We ensured we had adequate security. The chairman of my estate landlord and tenants association for over 6 years was an Igbo man.

Many of you go about spreading falsehood about Igbos and causing unjustified hatred for Igbos by falsely lying that Igbos don't honor or respect their host and I keep wondering how? This worthless claim only come to limelight every 4 years in Lagos that its election time that Lagos APC use the tactics to deceive bigots like you to vote for them and attack Igbos yet you refuse to use your wisdom.

Tell me categorically how Igbos disrespect Lagos indigenes in Lagos?

Don't start that Lagos is a no man's land mantra cos it was a positive slang started by a Yoruba man who was Lagos Governor and some Igbos used it to explain how welcoming Lagos is to everybody without discrimination. Never for once did Igbos contest to become Oba in Lagos or attacked Lagosians in a bid to snatch and take over their lands like Fulani herdsmen do yet you never for once condemned Fulani tribe for that.

God and divinity will judge people like you. Be careful in life, life is deeper than internet fun and cruise catching cos u are causing heavy hatred and distortion of truth with the potential of causing genocide and ethnic civil war.

What crime did Igbos commit in 2023? That Peter Obi an Igbo man contested for Nigeria's President? First time Igbos massively supported an Igbo Presidential candidate after Igbos supported Presidential candidates from other tribes; Shagari (Hausa), Obasanjo (Yoruba), Yaradua (Fulani), Goodluck (Ijaw), Atiku (Fulani) yet you guys have been going on rampage just because Igbos supported an overqualified and competent Igbo Presidential candidate for once.

Be honest, if it was Igbos that produced Obasanjo from 1999 to 2004, Osinbajo from 2015 to 2023, and still insisted they must produce next President in 2023, how will Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis have reacted to it? You guys would have told the whole world how greedy, heartless and arrogant Igbos are and trying to dominate Nigeria. God is watch you all
Epistle rant, and all you said still reeks of tribalism and lies like y’all are known for.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Laren24(m): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2023
EcoNews:
Shut you foolish Igbo mouth n go rot in the deepest part of hell.. Sebi na your Igbo foolish papa de know when everybody de broke .
Tell your point to your father no one needs them here. Oponu !

So because Igbo supported Pandoraa Obi Yorubas should not support whoever they like ? Why must it always be you foolish people complaining all the time once you are unable to have your pathetic way over others.

Atiku won only a state in Osun why are his tribesmen not lamenting like you fools ?

MKO contested 1993 n won only one Igbo state Pandoraa Obi did same in 2023 n won 1 state in the West yet your father his wailing like a miserable souls here so you clown think you deserve more than you give. You have to be mad.

When Yoruba voted massively for Falae with him winning all the 6 Yoruba state you Igbo voted Obasanjo that couldn't win his LGA n you think your pathetic life is not deep in bigotry n foolishness yet you give yourselves accolades for voting against Yoruba choice, you must be mad.

Only wretched n foolish Igbos you mean carry tribalism for head the like of firefire princeoflagos n host of others. You are definitely right about that

Well put my oga. Na yeye people those Easternbull be

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ahaz: 8:40am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/07/11/otedola-partners-lagos-state-and-afdb-to-develop-nigerias-first-ppp-power-transmission-project/

So the Geometric power plant that has been but and completed in Aba is not IPP? So how come the one in Lagos that is yet on paper will now translate to be Nigerias first IPP..You yorubas and inferiority complex is becoming something else .you peoples chronic Jelousy must be studied in Heaven..NA LIE GO KILL YORUBA RACE.

3 Likes

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ahaz: 8:42am On Jul 12, 2023
sapele914:
Yet some mediocres were ready to choose an Empty Barrel from Anambra over an open eye son of Eko?

Mumus.
Your intelligent drug addict that can't stand a mare debate is obviously as dumb as an earthworm

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ahaz: 8:46am On Jul 12, 2023
drlateef:

They will not hold their governors to account. Rather they will run away from the crumbling state to Lagos. Then they will claim Lagos belongs to them.
Have you held your governors accountable in Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Ondo and Kwara ooh sorry I forgot that Kwara has being seized by the Fulanis...yes, have you held them accountable? Or you turn a blind eye to what is happening in your state cos you are using one I pass my neighbour gen for cms garage while your poor grand ma in the village is waking about with a firewood touch...shaneless rural dwellers clamping Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria / How Foreign Bankers Lure Nigerian Elite To Early Graves / Naira Crashes To N484 Against Dollar As More Bdcs Go Underground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.