Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission (23883 Views)

Afdb To Hire Professionals Through 2019 YPP / Peugeot To Start Nigeria Assembly Plant In 2019 / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:16am On Jul 12, 2023
Good news to investors with Geregu shares wink

mariahAngel,

Please which broker do you use and does your broker offer Geregu shares for purchase?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by delpee(f): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
Is this bitter rant necessary? You made a beautiful post but spoilt it with this unnecessary bitter comment.

I am Igbo, a reputable man from my community is Femi Otedola's close friend and ally right from the time of Goodluck. He was among the people that mediated for Otedola when he was bankrupt and Goodluck bailed him. He visited Otedola almost monthly in Ghana where Femi was spending most of his time then until Goodluck came to power and bailed him. He is Igbo, he is closer to Femi Otedola than you that's same tribe with Femi Otedola.

God is watching you all, sorrow may endure for the night but joy will definitely come in the morning, you all will live to see what the Lord can do

Otedola told the story of how he escaped bankruptcy. The late Subomi Balogun also did a lot for him being his father's friend. Still, its true that a lot of people ignore tribal affiliations whilst helping people. That has been the Nigerian story and it shall always be.

Amen to the prayer. There shall be peace and progress for everyone in this nation.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by brownbib(m): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2023
Lagos state is Nigeria’s biggest economy, and the fifth biggest economy in Africa. Its GDP in 2022 stood at $29 billion. The state electricity demand in 2020 was 10,000 megawatts and the power supply was only 1900 megawatts.

So what has the discos been doing so far
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Tareq1105: 10:29am On Jul 12, 2023
herkeem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMpFb-VFkbM

My It come to fruition.
Lagos Leads.
God bless Nigeria.

I don't know what Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State doing about power. He's not talking, nobody knows what he has of his sleeves.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ChiefOkporghe: 10:29am On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
Is this bitter rant necessary? You made a beautiful post but spoilt it with this unnecessary bitter comment.

I am Igbo, a reputable man from my community is Femi Otedola's close friend and ally right from the time of Goodluck. He was among the people that mediated for Otedola when he was bankrupt and Goodluck bailed him. He visited Otedola almost monthly in Ghana where Femi was spending most of his time then until Goodluck came to power and bailed him. He is Igbo, he is closer to Femi Otedola than you that's same tribe with Femi Otedola.

My point is, only poor wretched and bitter people carry tribalism on their head like gala even when there is no need to.

I lived in Lagos for years, Lagos favored me a lot. I owe Lagos state tribute for my life's success. I cherish Lagos even more than my own state. I never wished Lagos bad, in fact I once wished Lagos could become a megacity like Paris, reason I supported a change in government in Lagos so Lagos can achieve its full potentias. I never for once disrespected Lagos and will never do. I paid all my levies and dues and even tax to Lagos state government. I contributed in my community development in Lagos because I was once a committee member of my LCDA and estate. We ensured we had adequate security. The chairman of my estate landlord and tenants association for over 6 years was an Igbo man.

Many of you go about spreading falsehood about Igbos and causing unjustified hatred for Igbos by falsely lying that Igbos don't honor or respect their host and I keep wondering how? This worthless claim only come to limelight every 4 years in Lagos that its election time that Lagos APC use the tactics to deceive bigots like you to vote for them and attack Igbos yet you refuse to use your wisdom.

Tell me categorically how Igbos disrespect Lagos indigenes in Lagos?

Don't start that Lagos is a no man's land mantra cos it was a positive slang started by a Yoruba man who was Lagos Governor and some Igbos used it to explain how welcoming Lagos is to everybody without discrimination. Never for once did Igbos contest to become Oba in Lagos? Have Igbos ever attacked Lagosians in a bid to snatch and take over their lands like Fulani herdsmen do to you, yet you never for once condemned Fulani tribe for that.

God and divinity will judge people like you. Be careful in life, life is deeper than internet fun and cruise catching cos u are causing heavy hatred and distortion of truth with the potential of causing genocide and ethnic civil war.

What crime did Igbos commit in 2023? That Peter Obi an Igbo man contested for Nigeria's President? First time Igbos massively supported an Igbo Presidential candidate after Igbos supported Presidential candidates from other tribes; Shagari (Hausa), Obasanjo (Yoruba), Yaradua (Fulani), Goodluck (Ijaw), Atiku (Fulani) yet you guys have been going on rampage just because Igbos supported an overqualified and competent Igbo Presidential candidate for once.

Be honest, if it was Igbos that produced Obasanjo from 1999 to 2006, Osinbajo from 2015 to 2023, and still insisted they must produce next President in 2023, how will Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis have reacted to it? You guys would have told the whole world how greedy, heartless and arrogant Igbos are and how greedy Igbos are trying to dominate Nigeria by not allowing other Southern tribes to produce President.

God is watching you all, sorrow may endure for the night but joy will definitely come in the morning, you all will live to see what the Lord can do
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by AdesegunSanni89: 10:32am On Jul 12, 2023
Lagos and SW are advancing while some bast**ds are killing themselves in Biafraland
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ibroo21: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:

My point is, only poor wretched and bitter people carry tribalism on their head like gala even when there is no need to.

I lived in Lagos for years, Lagos favored me a lot. I owe Lagos state tribute for my life's success. I cherish Lagos even more than my own state. I never wished Lagos bad, in fact I once wished Lagos could become a megacity like Paris, reason I supported a change in government in Lagos so Lagos can achieve its full potentias. I never for once disrespected Lagos and will never do. I paid all my levies and dues and even tax to Lagos state government. I contributed in my community development in Lagos because I was once a committee member of my LCDA and estate. We ensured we had adequate security. The chairman of my estate landlord and tenants association for over 6 years was an Igbo man.

Many of you go about spreading falsehood about Igbos and causing unjustified hatred for Igbos by falsely lying that Igbos don't honor or respect their host and I keep wondering how? This worthless claim only come to limelight every 4 years in Lagos that its election time that Lagos APC use the tactics to deceive bigots like you to vote for them and attack Igbos yet you refuse to use your wisdom.

Don't start that Lagos is a no man's land mantra cos it was a positive slang started by a Yoruba man who was Lagos Governor and some Igbos used it to explain how welcoming Lagos is to everybody without discrimination. Never for once did Igbos contest to become Oba in Lagos? Have Igbos ever attacked Lagosians in a bid to snatch and take over their lands like Fulani herdsmen do to you, yet you never for once condemned Fulani tribe for that.

God and divinity will judge people like you. Be careful in life, life is deeper than internet fun and cruise catching cos u are causing heavy hatred and distortion of truth with the potential of causing genocide and ethnic civil war.

What crime did Igbos commit in 2023? That Peter Obi an Igbo man contested for Nigeria's President? First time Igbos massively supported an Igbo Presidential candidate after Igbos supported Presidential candidates from other tribes; Shagari (Hausa), Obasanjo (Yoruba), Yaradua (Fulani), Goodluck (Ijaw), Atiku (Fulani) yet you guys have been going on rampage just because Igbos supported an overqualified and competent Igbo Presidential candidate for once.

Be honest, if it was Igbos that produced Obasanjo from 1999 to 2006, Osinbajo from 2015 to 2023, and still insisted they must produce next President in 2023, how will Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis have reacted to it? You guys would have told the whole world how greedy, heartless and arrogant Igbos are and how greedy Igbos are trying to dominate Nigeria by not allowing other Southern tribes to produce President.

If you actually have the best interests of Lagos at heart, why would you want to change the leadership of Lagos, which is arguably the best-governed state in Nigeria? And to imagine that you are willing to vote for GRV, a man with no proven record of excellence, against a performing governor like Sanwo-Olu, shows that you have something else in mind besides good governance. Why is it that the Igbos have always voted against the leadership in Lagos, from Fashola to Sanwo-Olu, regardless of whether they perform well or not? Before the election, I was open to an OBI presidency against Atiku, even though I supported Tinubu. But seeing the kind of hatred his people have shown despite the amount of support they got from the southwest, I will never consider it again.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Ubanz: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2023
Though laudable,Some people like claiming first in everything without cross checking.

How could this be the first PPP generation & transmission project when we've had Geometric power generation and transmission well over a decade.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://geometricpower.com/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjCmeOG8YiAAxVHQ0EAHZD4DO8QFnoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw2PRf2EVZfNOUB1p3aAscAW
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Dareal90s(m): 10:44am On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:

We don't see u talk sense into your headless brothers when launching their hate and tribalism but when a Yoruba does same you speak up.

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by mariahAngel(f): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

mariahAngel,

Please which broker do you use and does your broker offer Geregu shares for purchase?

Thanks in advance.

CardinalStone securities.

Yes.

You're welcome. smiley
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by AareGaa: 10:54am On Jul 12, 2023
Rolings:

You got the wrong guy here.
It's not envy....it's the truth.

Your tribe is known for bitterness and envy of non ibos who are successful.

It didn't start with you. Your ancestors went a bit further in 1966, when they eliminated great politicians and soldiers from other tribes. That stupid action of your ancestors led to civil war.
But thank God, you eventually paid for it
Afe Babalola is the greatest lawyer in Nigeria. He superior to all ibo lawyers, all put together.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by franchasofficia: 11:00am On Jul 12, 2023
ibroo21:
If you actually have the best interest of Lagos on mind why will did you want to change the leadership of Lagos which probably the best govern state in Nigeria. And to imagine that you guys are willing to vote for GRV a guy with no proofen record of excellence against a performing governor like Sanwolu shows that you have something else in mind appart from good governance. Why is it that the IGBOs have always vote against the leadership in Lagos right from Fashola to Sanwolu irrespective of whether they perform well or not? Before the election I was open to an OBI's presidency against Atiku even though I supported Tinubu. But seeing the kind of hatred his people have shown despite the amount of support they got from the south west, I will never considered it again
I chose to respond to your comment because of some points you raised and to clear you on some misconceptions you have.

For your info, I am Pro-Sanwo-Olu just as I am pro Osinbajo. The only person I have issue with is Bola Tinubu and its based on his leadership style that focuses more on taxing the poor to be shared among him and his staunch supporters and party loyalists which is like robbing hardworking Peter to pay lazy Paul.

Lagos is the most taxed state in Nigeria yet Lagos have the most deplorable intra-city roads, go round Satelite town, Ojo, Ikotun, Maza-Maza, Festac, Oshodi, Mafoluku, Isolo, Ikeja GRA, etc and you will be wondering if those areas are part of the big city like Lagos that ought to be moving towards competing with globally recognized megacities like Paris, Cape Town, Cairo, Casablanca, Jbourg, etc.

It is only in Lagos that they collect the so called annual land use charge from house owners. No Southeast state collect that, I doubt any collects it in the North or Southsouth or in other Southwest states. These are mega monies being made by Lagos state, count how many houses in Lagos and you will understand. On top that, Lagos generates huge IGR all thanks to its location and positioning as longest capital city of Nigeria that enjoyed several privileges even till date. Yet Lagos is the most indebted state that have borrowed the most loan from external lenders, have you wondered where all that money is? With all the huge billions and trillions Lagos generates, Lagos ought not to have deplorable intra-city roads it has all over Lagos.

Lagos is the only state that charge business owners and shop owners for rainfall water guard that extends in front of a shop to prevent water from entering the shop or house, Lagos charge all shops and buildings for that, no other state does. Lagos state charge for radio if your business is operating within an LGA, they also charge for all forms of signage unlike other states that overlook these things. These are just a few of Lagos slavish taxes I can remember now.

Many states today are copying Lagos slavish tax system, even Anambra's Soludo is foolishly copying it.

Tinubu believes in taxing Nigerians like UK citizens but refuse to work for Nigerians like UK Government.

Before you start taxing and milking people anyhow, you ought to be ready to deliver excellent services to global standard like the western countries you are copying their tax system.

Today, the same Tinubu is introducing all manner of slavish tax systems into the federal government. From withholding tax which will cripple and force businesses and companies out of Nigeria to market traders and street traders tax net he is widening to milk already suffering and dejected Nigerians struggling to make ends meet via highly competitive and oversaturated buying and selling.

It was because of Bola Tinubu's slavish tax style that made me wished for a new party to take over Lagos. Initially I was rooting for Funke and Jandor of PDP cos I never saw GRV and LP as having the clout to restle power out of APC in Lagos but behold they gained serious momentum close to the election and made me started routing for GRV. Both GRV, Jandor and Sanwo-olu are all bonafide Yoruba sons, so what is wrong in choosing to vote one of them? Must everybody follow Bola Tinubu's choice?

It is well sha.

Time will open everybody's eyes to the truth, just a matter of time
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by MasterTeeUSA: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2023
While I feel your pain and I have Igbos as friends and even have agents that are Igbos and so on. I think in trying to explain yourself, you also highlight some issues. Your estate leader was or is Igbo for 6yrs and you served under him. Some people feel like when Igbos get to power, they only bring their own under them ...not sure if i will find yorubas or fulanis as mentees at Alaba market. Instead they would rather bring someone from afar state. I've rented to many Igbos..I know landlords that won't because of their actions...they might pay rent but 1 occupant becomes 6. All of these exert pressures on resources. This is why you had attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, on Foreigners in USA and so on...because the locals feel diminished in their own land.

Now, there is a solution. Intentional desire to work across tribes and tribal sentiments. Let Igbos like you create scholarships for Yoruba because Lagos has been good to you...Build affordable housing for orphans and help widows in SW where you have made your money...it should not all be personal wealth, accolades, chieftaincy titles in your village and massive mansions where you hardly go to...it might sound like a generalization...but I don't mean it so. You have to be intentional and understand your host...then you can reverse the misconception and misunderstanding.

franchasofficia:

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Guererro01: 11:14am On Jul 12, 2023
God is watching you all, sorrow may endure for the night but joy will definitely come in the morning, you all will live to see what the Lord can do[/quote]

U still ended up sounding like a cry baby,leave God out of this,don't act like u didn't see your fellow tribesmen playing God during last elections in Lagos.U wanted lagos to be better ? What happened to the PDP guy,or u haven't heard of the erudite and brilliant Funsho Doherty, why didn't your type and tribe vote him,support him,why Ellupee guy? Thing is,no matter how clean u may sound,that's really an affront and disrespect to your host community.
For real ehn,brother, it really woke up the inner thoughts of even lagosians as seen In the gubernatorial results,because u lots made it looks like y'all were gods in a land you were been hosted,some locals I know vowed to *Yoo owo omo ina lawo patapata* in Lagos politics.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Powerhouse5050: 11:20am On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:

Crying Baby

It is not Yoruba that prevented Igbos from becoming what they want to be in Nigeria.

IT IS HISTORY

Go and read history on how Aguiyi Ironsi betrayed and ruled Nigeria.

Then you will understand more reasons Igbo Man will never smell Presidency in Nigeria.

Currently Igbos are making another history of hatred and self entitlement...,

Una no dey learn

All of una should be mending the Bridges that was destroyed by your Father's and Grand Father's.

Emotions is not going to win this political game.

Alignments, Deals and Fulfilled promises is all Igbo need.

Aside from that, Igbo can never be trusted to drive the affair of Nigeria.

History will always speak louder
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by RealEzee(m): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2023
Poor minded people are tribalist cool
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by codemaniacs: 11:34am On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
I chose to respond to your comment because of some points you raised and to clear you on some misconceptions you have.

For your info, I am Pro-Sanwo-Olu just as I am pro Osinbajo. The only person I have issue with is Bola Tinubu and its based on his leadership style that focuses more on taxing the poor to be shared among him and his staunch supporters and party loyalists which is like robbing hardworking Peter to pay lazy Paul.

Lagos is the most taxed state in Nigeria yet Lagos have the most deplorable intra-city roads, go round Satelite town, Ojo, Ikotun, Maza-Maza, Festac, Oshodi, Mafoluku, Isolo, Ikeja GRA, etc and you will be wondering if those areas are part of the big city like Lagos that ought to be moving towards competing with globally recognized megacities like Paris, Cape Town, Cairo, Casablanca, Jbourg, etc.

It is only in Lagos that they collect the so called annual land use charge from house owners. No Southeast state collect that, I doubt any collects it in the North or Southsouth or in other Southwest states. These are mega monies being made by Lagos state, count how many houses in Lagos and you will understand. On top that, Lagos generates huge IGR all thanks to its location and positioning as longest capital city of Nigeria that enjoyed several privileges even till date. Yet Lagos is the most indebted state that have borrowed the most loan from external lenders, have you wondered where all that money is? With all the huge billions and trillions Lagos generates, Lagos ought not to have deplorable intra-city roads it has all over Lagos.

Lagos is the only state that charge business owners and shop owners for rainfall water guard that extends in front of a shop to prevent water from entering the shop or house, Lagos charge all shops and buildings for that, no other state does. Lagos state charge for radio if your business is operating within an LGA, they also charge for all forms of signage unlike other states that overlook these things. These are just a few of Lagos slavish taxes I can remember now.

Many states today are copying Lagos slavish tax system, even Anambra's Soludo is foolishly copying it.

Tinubu believes in taxing Nigerians like UK citizens but refuse to work for Nigerians like UK Government.

Before you start taxing and milking people anyhow, you ought to be ready to deliver excellent services to global standard like the western countries you are copying their tax system.

Today, the same Tinubu is introducing all manner of slavish tax systems into the federal government. From withholding tax which will cripple and force businesses and companies out of Nigeria to market traders and street traders tax net he is widening to milk already suffering and dejected Nigerians struggling to make ends meet via highly competitive and oversaturated buying and selling.

It was because of Bola Tinubu's slavish tax style that made me wished for a new party to take over Lagos. Initially I was rooting for Funke and Jandor of PDP cos I never saw GRV and LP as having the clout to restle power out of APC in Lagos but behold they gained serious momentum close to the election and made me started routing for GRV. Both GRV, Jandor and Sanwo-olu are all bonafide Yoruba sons, so what is wrong in choosing to vote one of them? Must everybody follow Bola Tinubu's choice?

It is well sha.

You cannot be pro-Sanwo-olu and pro Osinbajo and also want change of government in Lagos..

You're a liar just like your ancestors Aguiyi Ironsi, Ojukwu and Azikwe.

CRV is I:gbo and also an I:gbo supremacist who would have brought other I:gbo supremacists into Lagos government because he was also supported by Obi who is also an I:gbo supremacist.

It will be stupid and foolish of Yorubas to vote Igbo supremacists as governor of lagos.

CRV is 100% Igbo, he is not Yoruba.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ibroo21: 11:40am On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:

It is well sha.

While there is no doubt that Lagos still has a long way to go, I can confidently say that it is on track due to the quality of leadership that has guided the state. We often compare Lagos to other big cities in the world, but we often ignore the fact that these cities have access to resources that are incomparable to what is generated in Lagos. For example, the city of London alone has a budget that is more than the entire budget of Nigeria. Additionally, these cities have histories that span hundreds of years, while Lagos is a relatively new city.

Lagos has embarked on some very ambitious projects that are either entirely financed by the state or through public-private partnerships. These projects are not seen in any other state in Nigeria, except when they are financed by the federal government. For example, Lagos has the Lagos Rail Project, the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge, and the Lagos Mass Transit. There are many other projects that I cannot mention here. This shows the leadership of the state clearly have the ambition and the capacity to moved the state forward.

As for Tinubu, he is a politician with massive influence. Politics is a dirty game, and a lot of negative things have been said about him, whether true or false. However, there is no doubt that he is a smart man with the capacity to identify smart people to work with him. He has set Lagos on the right track, and I hope he will replicate that success in Nigeria at large, even though this is a different ball game.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Bishop4real: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2023
ODUBEZE:
Otedola worked for APC, so it's contract time grin grin

He has to recoup his money undecided

That's Nigerian politics for you

Afe Babalola is another beneficiary of Tinubu, disguising as a statesman undecided

We know them

It's not Nigerian politics; rather, global politics. It's very normal within the political circle anywhere in the world. Globally, every sane business man must be interested in the politics of his locality because policies, which affects businesses & over all life, are products of politics. As long as Otedola is a genuine business man & the contract is secured within the ambit of law, there's nothing wrong at all with that.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by franchasofficia: 11:48am On Jul 12, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
While I feel your pain and I have Igbos as friends and even have agents that are Igbos and so on. I think in trying to explain yourself, you also highlight some issues. Your estate leader was or is Igbo for 6yrs and you served under him. Some people feel like when Igbos get to power, they only bring their own under them ...not sure if i will find yorubas or fulanis as mentees at Alaba market. Instead they would rather bring someone from afar state. I've rented to many Igbos..I know landlords that won't because of their actions...they might pay rent but 1 occupant becomes 6. All of these exert pressures on resources. This is why you had attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, on Foreigners in USA and so on...because the locals feel diminished in their own land.

Now, there is a solution. Intentional desire to work across tribes and tribal sentiments. Let Igbos like you create scholarships for Yoruba because Lagos has been good to you...Build affordable housing for orphans and help widows in SW where you have made your money...it should not all be personal wealth, accolades, chieftaincy titles in your village and massive mansions where you hardly go to...it might sound like a generalization...but I don't mean it so. You have to be intentional and understand your host...then you can reverse the misconception and misunderstanding.

First I must thank you for your awesome comment and civility in your comment, I really appreciate that, well done sir.

That issue of some Igbo tenants bringing in more occupants in their flat after renting a flat as maybe a family of 5 is mostly common among traders who have servants known in Igbo dialect as "umu boi". I understand its a bad practice, I also condemn the act cos I believe the Oga ought to rent a house for his extra servants, not bringing 3 to 5 grown up boys into a single flat, its completely bad.

But this does not in any way mean disrespecting Lagos indigenes or their host because such Igbo tenants that bring extra occupants to their flats as his servants or boys also do same to Igbo landlords and other tribes' landlords, not just to Yoruba landlords only.

The only way Yorubas could claim Igbos don't respect their Lagos host is if Igbos do gather and invade a community in Lagos to forcefully or violently chase them out and take over their land and refuse to vacate just as Fulani herdsmen do to Yorubas in many Yoruba communities yet I have never heard Yorubas cry about this or condemn it except when Igboho challenged them 2 years ago.

Neither have Igbos ever dragged Oba title with Lagosians in Lagos. No Igbo have even contested to become Lagos Governor, all the contestants Lagos APC always tag Igbo are all bonafide Yoruba sons.

Before it was Jimi Agbaje they tagged Igbo, this year it was GRV, who knows who will be next, maybe Bola Tinubu's grandson with some Igbo blood in decades to come? Or maybe Femi Fani Kayode's sons from his Igbo wife, who knows who will be the next target of their ethnic profiling politics?

Now on the issue of giving back to Lagos community that helped in making me who I am today, I employ Yorubas, near my office, there are two Yoruba aged women (around 60 to 70) who own petty shops near my office, I do always give them things every festive period and they always call me their son. Our relationship is so cordial to the extent that there was a time I traveled and didn't come to work for like a month, when I returned they came to my personal office to ask me what happened that they had been asking about me.

I also once gave back to the community I did my NYSC in Osun state, though it was once but I planning to start something sustainable there soon by God's grace.

As for Lagos, I had a bigger plans before the election, since after the last governorship election in Lagos, I started having a rethink out of fear. I have been so skeptical of Lagos. Not just me but a lot of other Igbo friends and colleagues who even own bigger properties in Lagos have already started thinking of selling them off out of fear of the unknown.

Before now, most Igbos see Lagos as their second home, including the ones staying abroad but honestly the last election has put serious fear and discomfort in the hearts of most Igbos about Lagos.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Major7: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2023
sapele914:
Yet some mediocres were ready to choose an Empty Barrel from Anambra over an open eye son of Eko?

Mumus.

Another tribalist spotted,must your likes bring tribal war and violence to every thread embarassed
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Major7: 11:52am On Jul 12, 2023
Throwback:

Are the We Igbos?

Just asking to better understand your plight.

Must you reply them? Allow peace reign bro. God will purge their heart of the hatred
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Firefire(m): 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2023
EcoNews:
Shut you foolish Igbo mouth n go rot in the deepest part of hell.. Sebi na your Igbo foolish papa de know when everybody de broke .
Tell your point to your father no one needs them here. Oponu !

So because Igbo supported Pandoraa Obi Yorubas should not support whoever they like ? Why must it always be you foolish people complaining all the time once you are unable to have your pathetic way over others.

Atiku won only a state in Osun why are his tribesmen not lamenting like you fools ?

MKO contested 1993 n won only one Igbo state Pandoraa Obi did same in 2023 n won 1 state in the West yet your father his wailing like a miserable souls here so you clown think you deserve more than you give. You have to be mad.

When Yoruba voted massively for Falae with him winning all the 6 Yoruba state you Igbo voted Obasanjo that couldn't win his LGA n you think your pathetic life is not deep in bigotry n foolishness yet you give yourselves accolades for voting against Yoruba choice, you must be mad.

Only wretched n foolish Igbos you mean carry tribalism for head the like of firefire princeoflagos n host of others. You are definitely right about that

wetin firefire do you?
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by udemzeus(m): 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
Las las we no go see anything APC pigs, thank God for geometric power in Abia state that is adding 181 mW to the grid.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by HBB1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
First I must thank you for your awesome comment and civility in your comment, I really appreciate that, well done sir.

That issue of some Igbo tenants bringing in more occupants in their flat after renting a flat as maybe a family of 5 is mostly common among traders who have servants known in Igbo dialect as "umu boi". I understand its a bad practice, I also condemn the act cos I believe the Oga ought to rent a house for his extra servants, not bringing 3 to 5 grown up boys into a single flat, its completely bad.

But this does not in any way mean disrespecting Lagos indigenes or their host because such Igbo tenants that bring extra occupants to their flats as his servants or boys also do same to Igbo landlords and other tribes' landlords, not just to Yoruba landlords only.

The only way Yorubas could claim Igbos don't respect their Lagos host is if Igbos do gather and invade a community in Lagos to forcefully or violently chase them out and take over their land and refuse to vacate just as Fulani herdsmen do to Yorubas in many Yoruba communities yet I have never heard Yorubas cry about this or condemn it except when Igboho challenged them 2 years ago.

Neither have Igbos ever dragged Oba title with Lagosians in Lagos. No Igbo have even contested to become Lagos Governor, all the contestants Lagos APC always tag Igbo are all bonafide Yoruba sons.

Before it was Jimi Agbaje they tagged Igbo, this year it was GRV, who knows who will be next, maybe Bola Tinubu's grandson with some Igbo blood in decades to come? Or maybe Femi Fani Kayode's sons from his Igbo wife, who knows who will be the next target of their ethnic profiling politics?

Now on the issue of giving back to Lagos community that helped in making me who I am today, I employ Yorubas, near my office, there are two Yoruba aged women (around 60 to 70) who own petty shops near my office, I do always give them things every festive period and they always call me their son. Our relationship is so cordial to the extent that there was a time I traveled and didn't come to work for like a month, when I returned they came to my personal office to ask me what happened that they had been asking about me.

I also once gave back to the community I did my NYSC in Osun state, though it was once but I planning to start something sustainable there soon by God's grace.

As for Lagos, I had a bigger plans before the election, since after the last governorship election in Lagos, I started having a rethink out of fear. I have been so skeptical of Lagos. Not just me but a lot of other Igbo friends and colleagues who even own bigger properties in Lagos have already started thinking of selling them off out of fear of the unknown.

Before now, most Igbos see Lagos as their second home, including the ones staying abroad but honestly the last election has put serious fear and discomfort in the hearts of most Igbos about Lagos.

I grew up with Igbos from Primary School to University.

Somr of my best friends were Igbos.

My room mate for 7 years in Uni is Igbo.

I never for once saw him as any different, not once.

My Parents, till now still ask about him.

I lived and worked in Lagos for a while and had Igbo friends, acquaintances and colleagues...
We all interacted well without Tribalism being a cause for any disagreement (if any arose).

...and I never saw anybody, I repeat, anybody treat any Igbo person wrong just on the premise of where they came from.

Not once!

If there were disagreements, it was just because people disagreed.

Although, I wouldn't absolve Yoruba people totally in the current divisive state we are in now, but the mentality the Igbos have that everyone is out to get them and the need to brag needlessly is very damaging.

When it appears everyone hates you, maybe there is something about yourself you need to change.
Maybe it is not just them, but you.

Yourbas gave back abandoned Property to Igbos after the War?

Even paying them rent accrued.

I know Yorubas that would only buy from Igbo Traders (in those days)

Yet the only thing ascribed to Yorubas is hate, envy, laziness, dirtiness, partying... or bragging about how you were the ones to make their community.

Or how they will suffer when you leave.

I live abroad now and I will be stupid if I started saying such things about the Indigenes.

If I was stupid enough to do that, then anything my eye see, I should accept.

Heck, where do Igbos have a good reputation in Nigeria or abroad?

Why does everybody 'envy' you?
Are we all that bad?
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by franchasofficia: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
HBB1:

I grew up with Igbos from Primary School to University.

Somr of my best friends were Igbos.

My room mate for 7 years in Uni is Igbo.

I never for once saw him as any different, not once.

My Parents, till now still ask about him.

I lived and worked in Lagos for a while and had Igbo friends, acquaintances and colleagues...
We all interacted well without Tribalism being a cause for any disagreement (if any arose).

...and I never saw anybody, I repeat, anybody treat any Igbo person wrong just on the premise of where they came from.

Not once!

If there were disagreements, it was just because people disagreed.

Although, I wouldn't absolve Yoruba people totally in the current divisive state we are in now, but the mentality the Igbos have that everyone is out to get them and the need to brag needlessly is very damaging.

When it appears everyone hates you, maybe there is something about yourself you need to change.
Maybe it is not just them, but you.

Yourbas gave back abandoned Property to Igbos after the War?

Even paying them rent accrued.

I know Yorubas that would only buy from Igbo Traders (in those days)

Yet the only thing ascribed to Yorubas is hate, envy, laziness, dirtiness, partying... or bragging about how you were the ones to make their community.

Or how they will suffer when you leave.

I live abroad now and I will be stupid if I started saying such things about the Indigenes.

If I was stupid enough to do that, then anything my eye see, I should accept.

Heck, where do Igbos have a good reputation in Nigeria or abroad?

Why does everybody 'envy' you?
Are we all that bad?
Who said everybody envies Igbos? Those are over exaggerated fallacies being told and retold to still portray Igbos as the evil.

You know for many decades before the advent of social media, virtually every other Nigerian tribes didn't fancy Igbos and saw Igbos as the evil doers, which was based mostly on media publications that were hitherto controlled by Southwesterners, but if you observe since 2022, other Nigerian tribes no longer see Igbos as bad as Igbos were painted after the civil war.

This was evident in how the minority tribes in Nigeria voted in the just concluded 2023 election compared to past elections.

Middlebelt people use to despise Igbos since the 1960s based on how the then Hausa-Fulani controlled federal government portrayed Igbos as the evil doers that only spread evil, but all that has changed today as Middlebelt people have come to realize the truth and now knowing who their true friends and enemies are. Or you didn't know Middlebelt championed the 1966 pogrom against Igbos based on how Hausa-Fulanis falsely portrayed Igbos as evildoers?

Before now, many minority tribes got hoodwinked into disliking Igbos mostly based on stories of how Igbos killed Northern l, Western, etc political leaders in the January 1966 coup and again based on the lies that Igbos started a civil war to destroy other Nigerians out of their greed to dominate Nigeria. This false mantra of Igbos are arrogant, prideful and love to dominate other tribes were repeatedly told by the Nigerian media causing every other none Igbo tribe to hate Igbos and always watching Igbos closely to know the next evil they maybe plotting against the rest of Nigeria.

This is the origin of the comment you made that which other tribe likes Igbos, its all about 1966 to 1970 events which erroneously shaped the mindset of most none Igbo Nigerians about Igbos. You still hold that sentiment to some extent despite mixing with Igbos since childhood.

Which Nigerian tribe doesn't have one negative thing to say about the other tribes?

So Yorubas don't use Omo Igbo derogatory remarks? Igbos are rituals whenever they see a successful Igbo person despite Ijebu Ode and Ogun state in general being the headquarters of ritual killings for decades in Nigeria? What about Omo Igbo and fake products derogatory remark even when the Omo Igbo they visited his shop would tell them that this one is fake, this one is original with a higher price and after opting for the cheaper one cos of price would rather blame omo igbo for selling fake but will never blame or hate Chinese that are the fathers of fake and counterfeit?

Let's leave the rhetorical back and forth argument and move on.

But if you are honest to yourself sir, if it was Igbos that produced Obasanjo from 1999 to 2006, Osinbajo from 2015 to 2023, after producing other shortlived Presidents and later recognized MKO, that still insisted to produce another President in 2023 when Yorubas haven't produced any since 1967, tell me if Yorubas wouldn't be telling the whole world and all that wished to hear that Igbos are so selfish, wicked, arrogant and love dominating everybody? Tell me what you have to say about this?
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
mariahAngel:

CardinalStone securities.

Yes.

You're welcome. smiley

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Ellasure: 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
Who said everybody envies Igbos? Those are over exaggerated fallacies being told and retold to still portray Igbos as the evil.

You know for many decades before the advent of social media, virtually every other Nigerian tribes didn't fancy Igbos and saw Igbos as the evil doers, which was based mostly on media publications that were hitherto controlled by Southwesterners, but if you observe since 2022, other Nigerian tribes no longer see Igbos as bad as Igbos were painted after the civil war.

This was evident in how the minority tribes in Nigeria voted in the just concluded 2023 election compared to past elections.

Middlebelt people use to despise Igbos since the 1960s based on how the then Hausa-Fulani controlled federal government portrayed Igbos as the evil doers that only spread evil, but all that has changed today as Middlebelt people have come to realize the truth and now knowing who their true friends and enemies are. Or you didn't know Middlebelt championed the 1966 pogrom against Igbos based on how Hausa-Fulanis falsely portrayed Igbos as evildoers?

Before now, many minority tribes got hoodwinked into disliking Igbos mostly based on stories of how Igbos killed Northern l, Western, etc political leaders in the January 1966 coup and again based on the lies that Igbos started a civil war to destroy other Nigerians out of their greed to dominate Nigeria. This false mantra of Igbos are arrogant, prideful and love to dominate other tribes were repeatedly told by the Nigerian media causing every other none Igbo tribe to hate Igbos and always watching Igbos closely to know the next evil they maybe plotting against the rest of Nigeria.

This is the origin of the comment you made that which other tribe likes Igbos, its all about 1966 to 1970 events which erroneously shaped the mindset of most none Igbo Nigerians about Igbos. You still hold that sentiment to some extent despite mixing with Igbos since childhood.

Which Nigerian tribe doesn't have one negative thing to say about the other tribes?

So Yorubas don't use Omo Igbo derogatory remarks? Igbos are rituals whenever they see a successful Igbo person despite Ijebu Ode and Ogun state in general being the headquarters of ritual killings for decades in Nigeria? What about Omo Igbo and fake products derogatory remark even when the Omo Igbo they visited his shop would tell them that this one is fake, this one is original with a higher price and after opting for the cheaper one cos of price would rather blame omo igbo for selling fake but will never blame or hate Chinese that are the fathers of fake and counterfeit?

But if you are honest to yourself sir, if it was Igbos that produced Obasanjo from 1999 to 2006, Osinbajo from 2015 to 2023, after producing other shortlived Presidents and later recognized MKO, that still insisted to produce another President in 2023 when Yorubas haven't produced any since 1967, tell me if Yorubas wouldn't be telling the whole world and all that wished to hear that Igbos are so selfish, wicked, arrogant and love dominating everybody? Tell me what you have to say about this?

creeper, cunning and the same as ever. it takes a strong bleaching soap to clean what has been deposited thru generations.

your Yoruba/ ibo questions is not from a going forward heart.

One thing for sure is that the Yoruba people have been trampled for long in winding politics maybe we can play it as it is expected sometimes.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Morenikeji090(m): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
Na Yoruba jealousy go kill una well...
ahaz:

Mumu ahow us one single IPP project built in your village in Ekiti? Show us one single south weat state thatt has attempted to build one? You palmwine tappers in your various villages will be disturbing your ancestors with noise of some achievement that other region has done before in Lagos that is not even your states.
You yorubas are the most insecure shamelss and hypocritical baboons walking the surface of this country.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by CookieBrown: 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:

You know for many decades before the advent of social media, virtually every other Nigerian tribes didn't fancy Igbos and saw Igbos as the evil doers, which was based mostly on media publications that were hitherto controlled by Southwesterners, but if you observe since 2022, other Nigerian tribes no longer see Igbos as bad as Igbos were painted after the civil war. -- Playing the victim. The average Igbo man really can't help it. If what you say is true, why did Igbos keep migrating to the lands of these people in large number decades ago and currently? The Nollywood movies back in the days often showing ritual killings, drugs etc. Was it the Yorubas, Hausas, etc that portrayed these things?

Middlebelt people use to despise Igbos since the 1960s based on how the then Hausa-Fulani controlled federal government portrayed Igbos as the evil doers that only spread evil, but all that has changed today as Middlebelt people have come to realize the truth and now knowing who their true friends and enemies are. Or you didn't know Middlebelt championed the 1966 pogrom against Igbos based on how Hausa-Fulanis falsely portrayed Igbos as evildoers? -- Playing the victim again. What proof do you have? Nollywood portrayed Igbos, not the Government. BTW, who declared war on Nigeria? Who carried out the first coup? Who made attempts to cross the Niger to invade other peoples lands? Prove that it was the middle belt region that championed the pogrom. And while you're at it, tell us what happened prior to the Pogroms. You know, the coup, killings, and humiliation of the Northerners.

Before now, many minority tribes got hoodwinked into disliking Igbos mostly based on stories of how Igbos killed Northern l, Western, etc political leaders in the January 1966 coup and again based on the lies that Igbos started a civil war to destroy other Nigerians out of their greed to dominate Nigeria. This false mantra of Igbos are arrogant, prideful and love to dominate other tribes were repeatedly told by the Nigerian media causing every other none Igbo tribe to hate Igbos and always watching Igbos closely to know the next evil they maybe plotting against the rest of Nigeria. ---- Playing the victim again. Nollywood, run by Igbos portrayed Igbos not NTA, AIT, TVC etc. Who killed Akintola and Ahmadu B? Who used Nepotism and ethic bigotry to humiliate the Northers for their kindness?

So Yorubas don't use Omo Igbo derogatory remarks? Igbos are rituals whenever they see a successful Igbo person despite Ijebu Ode and Ogun state in general being the headquarters of ritual killings for decades in Nigeria? What about Omo Igbo and fake products derogatory remark even when the Omo Igbo they visited his shop would tell them that this one is fake, this one is original with a higher price and after opting for the cheaper one cos of price would rather blame omo igbo for selling fake but will never blame or hate Chinese that are the fathers of fake and counterfeit? Omo Igbo is not derogatory! Victim mentality again! Who, as a group in Nigeria sells the most fake products? It's Igbos. Be honest with yourself. We see this everyday, even today and they refuse to refund the buyers! Of course not all Igbos but on average

But if you are honest to yourself sir, if it was Igbos that produced Obasanjo from 1999 to 2006, Osinbajo from 2015 to 2023, after producing other shortlived Presidents and later recognized MKO - Delusions of grandeur. A hallmark trait of the average Igbo. Igbos produced nothing. Your population isn't big, nor are your states. Anyone can win an election in Nigeria without votes from any Igbo state. Be honest with yourself before asking that of others.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Omoawoke: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
franchasofficia:

Direct this rant to those wishing Yoruba and southwest bad.
And don’t pretend you didn’t see all their provocative actions during the governorship election.
How they were all over and their threats to take over Lagos and chase out obas away. And don’t tell me you are not aware of how Nnamdi Kanu was broadcasting during endsars that Lagos should be destroyed.
Something led to something. If there was no provocation, their won’t be reaction.
Re: Otedola Partners Lagos And AfDB To Start Nigeria’s First PPP Power Transmission by Sleekfingers: 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
It can only happen in lagos

Bayelsa, kogi, niger are the most useless states in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy / (SCAMMER) Ozor Maxwell Chikamso Is A Scammer!!!!!!!!!!! / See How A Student Can Earn Money Without Affecting His Studies!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 236
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.