Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% (31930 Views)

How Do I Pay UK Tuition Fee From Nigeria? Here's Your Guide / Getting Form A For Paying UK Tuition Fees / Over Unpaid Scholarships: Hundreds Of Nigerian Students Face Deportation In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by COMPAQ(m): 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by HNICEARTH: 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
The pressure will only be on nigerian students in the UK whose school fees are paid by their parents or guardians residing in nigeria. This category comprises of mostly the political class and upper class.

The middle class and lower class will not be affected by this because students from those classes that japad to further their education, mostly work over there in the UK to raise subsequent or remaining fees. They get paid in BPS not NGN

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by RaptorX: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
Dashing all their hard earned money to the white man just to brag about schooling in the UK.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by RaptorX: 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
Larry1960:

Thunder fire Tinubu I bin don prepare my money say I wan enter Uk or Canada
2 weeks later this useless man come bring this stupid policy . Na to carry my money go reinvest in something better in Nigeria

How I go dey carry 25-28M unto say I wan go masters for UK . Or carry like #17M say I wan enter Canada . I go sit my fucking ass in Nigeria joor and reinvest and make more money in Nigeria here
See money that people are dashing oyinbos just to brag about schooling abroad. 25 million that you can triple to almost 100 million in this same Nigeria, you decided to dash the white man in exchange for some fake masters in some mushroom UK university.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by Cassandraloius: 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
Times are really hard, I pray y'all come out successfully!
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by yewit37486: 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
Larry1960:

And those banks are very wicked imagine Access bank wey I go put money for their HiDA account #15M for one month when I check the balance for the account I see say na 30k interest for one month and the marketer just sweet talk me telling me 6percent for HIDA
If I carry that money do business for 1month I no how much e go generate in profit for me

These banks Dem be rip off ooooo
But if you wan go borrow money from them I know how much Dem go charge person for interest

Make I go comot the money this Friday from the useless bank

Current money market funds will get you at least 9% which would be ~110k per month on the 15m. Most investment capital firms would give you that return as a minimum: check out money market funds from united capital (uba), meristem, Gt fund mgrs (gtb) etc.

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by tony9k: 1:43am On Jul 13, 2023
[quote author=Eriokanmi post=124378304]Hope they didn't say, awa lokan and voted along that line before they left the country. Now I'm beginning to really learn of leadership.

Leadership is divinely orchestrated. You don't struggle for it else, you'd mess things up. Of all the leaders known in this country, only tinubu grabbed power by hook and crook. Even when Buhari was so desperate, he never got it until he willingly surrendered and left the space.

From 1960 to date, none who ruled Nigeria got to power desperately and the history has shown and I'd start from the most recent cos of some indomie generation here.
Buhari was called to lead Nigeria after the successful coup in which he never participated.
Babangida, same. It was obj who said those who participated in the coup should consider IBB for the position. This is a fact not known to many, till now.

Just a few clarifications:

- Abdusalami was the most senior military officer when he became Head of State

- Abacha plotted to be HOS. That was why the clause ‘in the event of resignation of the Head of Interim government,

- Babagibda was involved in all coups till 1986
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by dantewest: 2:15am On Jul 13, 2023
People who envy and hate us for Japa to UK will self-service on this thread 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by beejay85: 6:17am On Jul 13, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Hope they didn't say, awa lokan and voted along that line before they left the country. Now I'm beginning to really learn of leadership.

Leadership is divinely orchestrated. You don't struggle for it else, you'd mess things up. Of all the leaders known in this country, only tinubu grabbed power by hook and crook. Even when Buhari was so desperate, he never got it until he willingly surrendered and left the space.

From 1960 to date, none who ruled Nigeria got to power desperately and the history has shown and I'd start from the most recent cos of some indomie generation here.
Buhari was called to lead Nigeria after the successful coup in which he never participated.
Babangida, same. It was obj who said those who participated in the coup should consider IBB for the position. This is a fact not known to many, till now.

Chief Earnest Shonekan never dreamt of becoming an interim president.

Abahca too never knew it could be his turn. Those who persuaded shonekan to step down in line with their agreement was led by Gen Diya, not even abacha cos he wasn't in good terms with IBB.

Abdulsalaam Abubakar never thought of being head of state. There were senior officers before him who could have filled that space but he was picked and his promotion was doubled, as a prerequisite to being head of state before he became Nigerian leader.

Obj was picked from the prison, he had thought he'd be executed by abacha when IBB boys did the needful and he was released . The rest was history.

What of Jonathan?

...and Yaradua?

None of those mentioned above bought their ways into power. When you force yourself in a position where God didn't put you, you should experience things like this. Only God appoints leaders, irrespective of religion or ethnicity.

If tinubu scales the hurdle of the judiciary eventually, he'd manage to lead Nigeria for 4 years but people should brace up for the unexpected. This isn't a curse. We're all seeing the realities. A Pounds sterling don pas 1,000 naira now.
Oga the era where cbn sell forex to some at subsidized rate is gone forever....
It's morally and economically not cool for Dangote to get $ at N450 while Belloxi biscuits will need N700 to source for its spare parts..
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by konvicted77: 6:57am On Jul 13, 2023
I love this Rule.
Billionaire2:
Rule No. 1
* Never pity any Nigerian

because of election someone that was breastfed by a woman raised his hand and stabbed a nursing mother on polling unit…?? You people have never started suffering ooo

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by uuzba(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2023
youngreezy:
make una come back
Don't mind them. They're there making noise.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by uuzba(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2023
tete7000:
Very soon, all of us will need to start thinking of how to make Nigeria work by the time the country reverts to full capitalist economy. No subsidy, no cheap exchange rate again, that is the reality of our existence now.
Very soon?
Since all these 100+ years of existing?
Country that was exchanging. £1 to N1 in the 1950's 1960's?
No. It will never happen.
We used our eyes to see good thing, the used our hand to destroy it. And you think that the destroyed version will turn around and become good?
Maybe of military take over and start flogging everybody to obedience, flog all the senators and dismantle house of reps.... Maybe it will improve SMALL.

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by Love800(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2023
Pls hw do one save money in dollar?

And what do floating of naira means?
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by tete7000(m): 10:51am On Jul 13, 2023
uuzba:

Very soon?
Since all these 100+ years of existing?
Country that was exchanging. £1 to N1 in the 1950's 1960's?
No. It will never happen.
We used our eyes to see good thing, the used our hand to destroy it. And you think that the destroyed version will turn around and become good?
Maybe of military take over and start flogging everybody to obedience, flog all the senators and dismantle house of reps.... Maybe it will improve SMALL.

When option of running out becomes expensive everyone will begin to realise that it is necessary to invest in and develop what you have. When wastage is penalised because you pay for everything, people become more prudent
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by isArray: 10:59am On Jul 13, 2023
Forward ever grin

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by SayNo2SmallPrik: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2023
nathyx:
Stay in your country and Develop it you say no way! you will rather embezzle all the money with your Black man greed mentality and send your children abroad. Wise man why the complaining now/
But you were asking someone how to Japa to Usa on another thread?
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by SayNo2SmallPrik: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2023
RaptorX:
Dashing all their hard earned money to the white man just to brag about schooling in the UK.
Yes, if e pain you. Go hit head for bridge. No be your papa money

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by SayNo2SmallPrik: 11:13am On Jul 13, 2023
ojonugba2014:
This is just the beginning.

Una never see anything
See picture of who Dey say person never see anything. 😂😂 you wey Sapa Dey deal with
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by obstead200(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2023
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/naira-devaluation-nigerian-students-face-tough-times-in-uk-tuition-soars-by-60/?amp
many of these foreign students are the cause of their problem. They are deeply involved in round triping.
They will earn pounds from their work, send the pounds to Nigeria and have it converted to naira at black market rate. Then they will raise form A to apply for FX at official rate to pay their fees, thereby making humongous profit. Now most of them are trapped since they probably sold the pounds at N850/ £1 and now have to buy it back at N990/ £1 to pay their fees.

Karma is a bitch

2 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by ViktorCash: 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2023
Omo japa don hold people like this grin
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by Spiff20(m): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
When you think you've escaped Nigeria and it's problems by going to the UK grin
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by Remii(m): 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2023
most hit will be those who had access to CBN rate, those whose form A never gotten approved that have been using black market won't feel it much, they have. been living a near real life
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by ojonugba2014(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

See picture of who Dey say person never see anything. 😂😂 you wey Sapa Dey deal with

Check when I uploaded that picture. I uploaded it in 2018.

I am a millionaire now.

Lmao.

Una never see anything.this is just the beginning for una.i earn both in # ND $

Iree oooo
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by JC2021: 12:37am On Jul 14, 2023
MT:

Permit me to join issue with you, in as much we can air our opinion in civil manner.

There are only 2 ways for this administration to go:

1. Retain the old way as it was.

2. This new way

The First way will bankrupt the country as we keep on borrowing to drive our budget. The current budget that Tinubu inherited is to be implemented by 40% crude oil sales and 60% borrowing. It is not sustainable. We are heading the way of Sri Lanka.

The Second way will be tough at the start. Our budget wont be driven by 60% borrowing any longer. We will save money that can be used to build infrastructure. When people realise that the item you use to import has become so expensive, people will think out of the box to create similar thing that will work locally. That was how the new China was birthed.

There are no easy way for this current administration. I buy fuel for 508 naira as well but it is a price we have to pay for years of badly managed economy.

If you know of the 3rd way you feel this current administration should have gone or you want to pick holes in what I have stated, I will be willing to read from you and learn.

Thank you!

No matter how good the intentions of this current administration are, if no concrete step is taken towards fighting corruption to a stand still, things would only get worse. The China you mentioned didn't rise by keeping a blind eye at corruption, they fought and killed for it.

Since BAT came onboard, I haven't seen anything or heard any practical anti-corruption plan from him and his team. So tell me how his good "intentions" would work out, especially when old and new thieves visit Aso Rock on daily basis for God knows what.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by 234GT(m): 4:55am On Jul 14, 2023
HNICEARTH:
The pressure will only be on nigerian students in the UK whose school fees are paid by their parents or guardians residing in nigeria. This category comprises of mostly the political class and upper class.

The middle class and lower class will not be affected by this because students from those classes that japad to further their education, mostly work over there in the UK to raise subsequent or remaining fees. They get paid in BPS not NGN

many of these foreign students are the cause of their problem. They are deeply involved in round triping.
They will earn pounds from their work, send the pounds to Nigeria and have it converted to naira at black market rate. Then they will raise form A to apply for FX at official rate to pay their fees, thereby making humongous profit. Now most of them are trapped since they probably sold the pounds at N850/ £1 and now have to buy it back at N990/ £1 to pay their fees.

Karma is a bitch

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by SayNo2SmallPrik: 6:32am On Jul 14, 2023
ojonugba2014:

Check when I uploaded that picture. I uploaded it in 2018.

I am a millionaire now.

Lmao.

Una never see anything.this is just the beginning for una.i earn both in # ND $

Iree oooo

You don’t earn shit. All na cap.

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by MT: 8:46am On Jul 14, 2023
JC2021:

No matter how good the intentions of this current administration are, if no concrete step is taken towards fighting corruption to a stand still, things would only get worse. The China you mentioned didn't rise by keeping a blind eye at corruption, they fought and killed for it.

Since BAT came onboard, I haven't seen anything or heard any practical anti-corruption plan from him and his team. So tell me how his good "intentions" would work out, especially when old and new thieves visit Aso Rock on daily basis for God knows what.

You raised a very valid and genuine point.

I agree with you totally. No matter what is saved, if corruption is still endemic - among the Judiciary, Executives and the Legislatures both at the State and Federal level - it is a waste.

I hope he will be able to enact a policy that will drive his anti corruption agenda. Judiciary corruption is on another level; i have no idea how to deal with that because if you accuse a corrupt Judge, it is another corrupt judge that will adjudicate on the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by HNICEARTH: 10:09am On Jul 14, 2023
234GT:

Karma is a bitch

Serious karma man!

But again, in as much as it is bad, will you blame them for round tripping? They took advantage of the CBN's fallable systems. Heck even Dangote short changed the CBN and was involved in round tripping while building his refinery. It's in man's nature to always want to take advantage of situations

I think the blame should totally be on the government and CBN

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by ahzNigeria: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
There are many universities in the UK with cheap and affordable school fees if you want to study in the UK. You just have to plan well from the start and go for what fits your budget. Check https://ahzassociates.co.uk/uk/university-list/ to see various UK universities to study in the UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills / Answer This And 2 Others For 10k, Students Only / Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.