Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,144 members, 7,842,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Childless Marriage By Choice? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Childless Marriage By Choice? (1080 Views)

I’m Fed Up With My Childless Marriage - Wife Tells Court / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 27 Years Of Childless Marriage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Childless Marriage By Choice? by finallybusy: 11:33am On Jul 14, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
I'm an advocate of one child, Tinubu economy or no Tinubu economy.

Have one child and raise him or her to achieve full potentials in life.

As for me, just one daughter is okay.
I created a topic where that was the case. Trust Nairaland bingos to attack it. It makes the most sense especially with the situation we’re headed as a country.
Re: Childless Marriage By Choice? by Lama70(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
It is actually possible.
Re: Childless Marriage By Choice? by Childfree: 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
finallybusy:
The truth is, how many people actually want to stay childfree? It is a small number.

Of course is a small percentage. People who want to be childfree are childfree, wether as singles or as married couples. Even in the west it is small not to talk of Nigeria. Likewise people who are interested in having children wether now or in the future are also making efforts to have them.

Some couples decide to stay childfree because one partner can’t envision having children for the other.

You mean like because early in the marriage before the birth of first child they don't love or like the other partner anymore or they are not comfortable with the marriage? If that's the case they are not childfree since there is intention to give birth to a baby just that one partner refused to due to some reasons. Anywhere you see childfree, what is refers to is people who decide to never have children. It can be couples or a guy who is never married.

Singles who choose to be childfree would definitely marry only childfree individual. You don't want to ever have a child, why would you go and marry someone that wants a child Wether now or in the future? Isn't that dumb?

In the case of divorce, that same childfree person jumps to making children.

A person or couples who are childfree(planned to never have children) can also change their mind and have children.

There is no other word to define a five year waiting experience. It is childfree until the woman gets pregnant. If the male partner dies before the agreement expends, a true childfree marriage occurred.

The 5 years waiting period means you are childless or you didn't birth a child yet.

Like I said you are confusing 2 different things. When you hear someone or people say he or she is childfree, it means the person has decided or is implying that he/she would never have children. Not temporarily

I am single, never being married. I am childfree or I'll stay childfree. Am implying that I would never ever have children in my life.

So just because my brother whom is also not married however he has desire or intention of having children wether in marriage or not. Wether now or in the future. This doesn't mean he is childfree now since he has no child. That is not what the Childfreesm or childfree that you hear mean.

I know because you saw child+Free so it means since you as a single guy, you never marry or get child. It means you are childfree. Or two married people because they spent 3 years without child, it means they are childfree couples within the 3 years period.

When you hear childfree. Your head should just go to people who said they are never ever going to have children. In fact if you search on tick-tock or YouTube. Most of the childfree people are singles.

So you see it doesn't mean that all the single people who are not married or who don't have a child in Nigeria are childfree since you don't have a child. This should tell you that the way you are implying in your write-up is not what it is.

Even The screenshot I put up clearly tells what is it na.
Re: Childless Marriage By Choice? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
Childfree:

Of course is a small percentage. People who want to be childfree are childfree, wether as singles or as married couples. Even in the west it is small not to talk of Nigeria. Likewise people who are interested in having children wether now or in the future are also making efforts to have them.

REST!!!
You just dey masturbate all over the thread with noise.
Re: Childless Marriage By Choice? by gard9ner(m): 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
finallybusy:
This is the worst platform online to ask this, however curiosity got the better of me.

With the proliferation of western life in the Nigerian society, are there people choosing to live marriages without children? It seems to be a thing outside our shores. I don’t mean couples unable to bear offspring. I’m referring to those who agree beforehand not to birth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Would You Do For Your Mommy This Mothers' Day / He Is Nice But Does Not Have Savings Culturehi / Mothers Can You Treat Your Child Like This ? Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.