Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Come And See jihad For What It Is - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Come And See jihad For What It Is (9166 Views)

Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram / Wahhabism, Jihad And Boko Haram / What Is Jihad Al-nikah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 07, 2011
stereo:

@maclatunji
now that you've mention America; i know the hatred the muslim world have for them. They must protect themselves from MUSLIMS WHO BELIEVE THEIR SOLE ASSIGNMENT ON EARTH IS TO SEE ISLAM DOMINATE THE WORLD which will never happen. No offense intended. When the U.S. were attacked in 2001. My muslim classmate, who was also a leader amongst fellow muslims was visibly pleased. I asked him why he was pleased that 3000 plus Americans lost their lives and all he could mutter was '' they boast alot''. Not just him, every muslim i talked to felt the they deserved it. PATHETIC.

right on point. i wonder who is fooling who.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by seedord247(m): 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2011
Nice Thread. . . keep up the good work may almighty reward you for the time you use to post this knowledgeable thread.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by moderatorr: 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2011
everytime you hear the word JIHAD, a bomb is about to go off in the neighbourhood. And someone is ready tn kill themselves to makesure that happens.
Please dont misquote me, i have not said that JIHAD does not mean 'peaceful atmosphere' and that ISLAHM does not mean 'peace of mind, serenity and love for one another'.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by edcode(f): 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2011
Frankly, it's going to be pretty hard to convince adherents of other relgions that Jihad is a peaceful concept as the poster is trying to do. Especially in this part of the world where western media is the primary source of information. The voilent jihadists that make the news don't make it any easier.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2011
@ yussuf fine oo. just that they keep breaking my heart more and more.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2011
who is the OP decieving? Herself maybe . . .

you can pretend all you want, you can type a tome on the rhetorical "meaning" of jihad but from experience AROUND THE WORLD, we know that Jihad means deadly hate and violence towards anyone that wont bow the knee to allah.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by 27naira(m): 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2011
maclatunji:

It shall be what you want it to be for you. If you want it to be what the poster has correctly said- it will be like that. If you want it to be what you erroneously believe, so shall it be. The ball is in your court.

Apparently, you have affirmed that that shitty word can be used in different context. I don't give a raven's arrse to whatever you implied above but tell me, since it is regularly used as a cry to "wedge" war against the "infidels" it appears your Imams ain't doing a good job in disseminating its true meaning.

Beaf!:

^^
It's your black smelly arse' that needs to go and sit down not the poster.

@poster
Thumbs up!

your life is so fake! look at your handle, Beaf wannabe. You're just a dunce.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2011
edcode:

Frankly, it's going to be pretty hard to convince adherents of other relgions that Jihad is a peaceful concept as the poster is trying to do. Especially in this part of the world where western media is the primary source of information. The voilent jihadists that make the news don't make it any easier.

I agree with you on this, its obvious (as seen in most replies) that convincing them is a dead end. I personally don't care if anyone of em is convinced, because the post is actually more of an enlightenment to me and I guess to some other muslims who do not really understand the full concept of Jihad,

Great post deols.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2011
27naira:

Apparently, you have affirmed that that shitty word can be used in different context. I don't give a raven's arrse to whatever you implied above but tell me, since it is regularly used as a cry to "wedge" war against the "infidels" it appears your Imams ain't doing a good job in disseminating its true meaning.

your life is so fake! look at your handle, Beaf wannabe. You're just a dunce.

Apparently, some of the imams are not doing a good job disseminating the true meaning, and this poster has set out to do so, yet some of you have rushed in to verbally attack her. very uncalled for!.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by maasoap(m): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2011
@1st citizen, "that whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman". -2 Chronicles, 15:13.
Are you aware that the above verse still exist in the bible despite daily editing? Yet Muslims do not ask you to explain it or, you think that we don't read bible?
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Gerrard59(m): 11:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by kurus: 11:13pm On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by cicero(m): 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2011
@op
There must be some mix up somewhere because quite a good number of muslims believe the opposite of your explanation of islam.
Besides this your meaning of Jihad may sell well in America and Japan, but to an igbo man living in Northern Nigeria who has seen muslims slaughter his kinsmen for no reason while praising Allah, your post is baloney
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 07, 2011
And yet they are coming up to vindicate themselves,you all are muderers, sour losers
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by say4gunit(m): 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2011
polokor60:

have you ever escape death narrowly because of your religion in the hands of these people(muslims) up north.then u ll know that actions speaks louder than words.my unreserve apology to the muslims in the western part of nigeria.but as for those in the north,bleep off angry
polokor60:

have you ever escape death narrowly because of your religion in the hands of these people(muslims) up north.then u ll know that actions speaks louder than words.my unreserve apology to the muslims in the western part of nigeria.but as for those in the north,bleep off angry
i'm from d north d1ckhead. Go hang uself foolish fool if e dey pain u!
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by say4gunit(m): 12:08am On Oct 08, 2011
kurus:

na wah ooo.

All these brain washed M.U.M.U who believe in the rantings of an openly professing pe-doph-ile named Muhammed(piss be upon him) [see them going mad at my blessings upon the bearded dude  grin grin grin]

You all muslims can define jihad to mean whatever shyte it means to you. To the rest of the world, who dont believe in the bearded pe-doph-ile, it means only one thing: jihad means some muslims wanna shed some blood cos it that time of the year for them.

from pakistan to afganistan to northern nigeria to America shocked shocked, yup, even God's own country, Jihad means crazy dudes who wanna blow themselves and others up cos their di-cks are itching for 72 demon virgins(who will probably stick their big fat ones into their gay-gots ars-es in HELL).

Shyte, my blood boils when i remember the people killed after the last elections and the f-ucking maniacs aka boko harams(pigs be upon them) fighting for sharia implementation all over naija.

bunch of loosers!!!

guy u be M.U.M.U! No wonder u de behave like person wey never go skul, I think u reallyneed to get ur head examined. I'm a muslin fron north and i'm proud, very proud. A responsible person no go talk d kind rubbish wey u type. I no blame u. Na d enviroment wey u de i go blame!
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by say4gunit(m): 12:15am On Oct 08, 2011
TRADEMARK:

And yet they are coming up to vindicate themselves,you all are muderers, sour losers
and yet f00ls like u keep f00ling urselves, u are blind with distorted reasoning, If u believe all muslims are murderes then i guess u'll forsure believe all Nigerians are terrorist! BlockedBrainBadger
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by say4gunit(m): 12:21am On Oct 08, 2011
Gerrard59:

@topic. STORY STORY>>Once upon a time, yawning. find beta thing talk and stop blowing lies,as if we are small children
are u not a kid?
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by isla: 12:32am On Oct 08, 2011
Islam is a religion of peace take it or leave it.first and foremost I like to commend the poster for taking the pain to explain what jihad is  . people will choose to believe what they want to believe even if the truth is staring right in their face.the poster that quoted the version of Quaran that indicated things that happen during battles,one let me clarify some thing to u. The germans fought war ussr the engish fought there war so many western countries fought their war and am sure they were not smiling, kissing and hugging eachother thru the war and pls don't tell me it was muslims that fought those war.in ur heart u know the religion praticed by those  people who fought those war.When the ijaws and itskeri where slaying them selves was it the muslims too or is it only muslims that lived in modakeke and ife.so what d northern do in the name of religion is questionable,in school if u studied engineering science(geography) were told what was done to scientist who proved some things that were against certain religion belief and u no the sect of the religion who purnished this scientist so stop painting islam as the only religion who have used violence.first u just don't pick out a version of the Quaran  and interprete it to suit what u want to believe of it.The Quaran is not just a book that tells muslim of their way of life it also a book with well document history of how islam came to stay.it a book that has not being refined to suit our personal and individual interest but a book where u can find soleace peace understading comfort knowledge and truth. And that is y u find Arabic with the Quaran so refrences can alway be made to the original and only version,so just handpicking a portion and saying islam preaches violence is wrong. If u read and understand the Quaran u will know that the Quaran is against oppresion.there is a version of the Quaran that state let ur religion be ur religion and let my religion be my religion.does that peach violence.do u know that intailly alchol was permitted in the quaran and there is a verse to dat and letter it was finally condemn and there fore not allowed in islam i.e haram in islam.If someone picks only that verse that allow u to take drink alchol in the Quaran and preach it as part of islam what does that mean.The meaning of boko haram contradict islam because in islam one of the most important thing demanded from us as a muslim is to seek for knowlege even if it is the deepest hole.people need to understand the fundamentals of islam. Lastly islam doesn't need to be forced on anybody cos islam as done very well for itself after so many religion it came after and the religion has come to stay for good take it or leave it.

SEEK FOR TRUE KNOWLEDGE AND THE TRUE KNOWLEDGE SHALL SET U FREE
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by isla: 12:51am On Oct 08, 2011
Islam is a religion of peace take it or leave it.first and foremost I like to commend the poster for taking the pain to explain what jihad is  . people will choose to believe what they want to believe even if the truth is staring right in their face.the poster that quoted the version of Quaran that indicated things that happen during battles,one let me clarify some thing to u. The germans fought war ussr the engish fought there war so many western countries fought their war and am sure they were not smiling, kissing and hugging eachother thru the war and pls don't tell me it was muslims that fought those war.in ur heart u know the religion praticed by those  people who fought those war.When the ijaws and itskeri where slaying them selves was it the muslims too or is it only muslims that lived in modakeke and ife.so what d northern do in the name of religion is questionable,in school if u studied engineering science(geography) were told what was done to scientist who proved some things that were against certain religion belief and u no the sect of the religion who purnished this scientist so stop painting islam as the only religion who have used violence.first u just don't pick out a version of the Quaran  and interprete it to suit what u want to believe of it.The Quaran is not just a book that tells muslim of their way of life it also a book with well document history of how islam came to stay.it a book that has not being refined to suit our personal and individual interest but a book where u can find soleace peace understading comfort knowledge and truth. And that is y u find Arabic with the Quaran so refrences can alway be made to the original and only version,so just handpicking a portion and saying islam preaches violence is wrong. If u read and understand the Quaran u will know that the Quaran is against oppresion.there is a version of the Quaran that state let ur religion be ur religion and let my religion be my religion.does that peach violence.do u know that intailly alchol was permitted in the quaran and there is a verse to dat and letter it was finally condemn and there fore not allowed in islam i.e haram in islam.If someone picks only that verse that allow u to take drink alchol in the Quaran and preach it as part of islam what does that mean.The meaning of boko haram contradict islam because in islam one of the most important thing demanded from us as a muslim is to seek for knowlege even if it is the deepest hole.people need to understand the fundamentals of islam. Lastly islam doesn't need to be forced on anybody cos islam as done very well for itself after so many religion it came after and the religion has come to stay for good take it or leave it.

SEEK FOR TRUE KNOWLEDGE AND THE TRUE KNOWLEDGE SHALL SET U FREE
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by FindOut(m): 12:56am On Oct 08, 2011
God bless the OP. Christians, Islam is a religion of peace. Understand it before you attack it. Muslims, understand your religion so you can enlighten others.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Sweetnecta: 3:28am On Oct 08, 2011
@Tobe; When its all over, I don't want you to carry a heart that is brittle, fragile and fragmented like a broken China Ware. Pele pele o.

[Quote]« #37 on: Yesterday at 09:31:47 PM »

who is the OP decieving? Herself maybe . . .

you can pretend all you want, you can type a tome on the rhetorical "meaning" of jihad but from experience AROUND THE WORLD, we know that Jihad means deadly hate and violence towards anyone that wont bow the knee to allah.
[/Quote]And every tongue is not confessing and not every knee will bow to the son of man. That boils your blood. Just don't let it simmer like broth or cooked like some waste being made into fertilizer prell.

He thinks Jihad is a one dimensional concept. But he will take Almighty and make Him into 3 independent and separate gods. He forgets that Moses killed for an on behalf of his God. And Jesus was eager to do the same since what he brought is Sword and War and family divisions. Even Abraham in the Bible is a Jihadist. Listen to the Jewish Ribbi from New Jersey rebuke Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txu4KIdi1yc&feature=related
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by azeezengr(m): 4:44am On Oct 08, 2011
Am highly impressed by the efforts of the poster to educate both muslims and non muslims on one of the most misunderstood concept in Islam "JIHAD", may Allah reward your JIHAD(effort), The problem with Nigerians(and probably some other people) is not being ready to learn or educate themselves about others especially who held different beliefs from theirs (Imagine that some people still believe up till now that ALL NORTHERNERS ARE MUSLIMS). We should change the way we were program by the PROPAGANDISTS who fed us with NEGATIVE PERCEPTIONS about Islam/Muslims, Imagine if Islam spread through SWORD IN THE RIGHT HAND and QUR'AN in the left hand, how come Americans and other Western nations in the 21st century are having fast growing Muslim populations? Simple, they are curious and wanted to know about Islam/Muslims and via research/extensive readings, they got THE TRUE MESSAGE OF ISLAM. My message is not about everybody being Muslims but lets know each other well because perception and reality may be exactly opposite.

And finally, some commentators on this issue should relax with their verbal attacks because solution to any problem cannot being found in such an habit and we should be more civil in our approach, PEACE TO ALL
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Wizkhalifa2(m): 6:30am On Oct 08, 2011
GO AND TELL D FAMILIES OF D IGBO MEN KILLED IN KADUNA FOR FAILING TO RECITE THE KURAN, THE MEANING OF JIHAD, M.U.M.U!!! CAN U RECITE PSALMS-23?? I GUESS NO! BUT UR STILL ALIVE, UR RELIGION AS NO VALUE 4 LYF, BUNCH OF DERAILED IGNORANT *******
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Validated: 6:34am On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Naledi14(f): 6:38am On Oct 08, 2011
Oh my goodness! @poster this was a complete waste of time! SO WHAT? If jihad has a good meaning no really so what?? It is not going to change anything i mean not a thing! The context it is being used in today is bad it doesnt matter the true meaning to non muslims so i think the explaination should be for the jihadist not us. We all know the true meaning of the word b i t c h yet women get worked up when you call them that yet they are not female dogs, i could make countless other examples. And the muslims appluading you for this topic must be as daft as you are. Im sorry for being insulting but just had to get my point across.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by kurus: 6:49am On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by sholasys: 7:02am On Oct 08, 2011
All this Islam is a religion of peace cannot be define and explain theoretically except practically. Should I say the Arab world did not have good knowledge of islam or did not even understand the religion ? else by the posters explanation why would they always associate Islam with violent? why at any violent the word "jihad" is wide used. In the northern nigeria all the violent that took place killing non muslims, you will hear them shouting jihad, allahu akbar repeatedly. I think the poster should start educating their fellow muslims first, change their orientation. I just ask a muslim friend now and he said the true applicable meaning of jihad is the process of fighting against enemy of islam. diplomatically, i like your post but it will not be judged by that but by what is happening.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by kurus: 7:56am On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by Muntula: 8:18am On Oct 08, 2011
Kill All Unbelievers

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, " (Deuteronomy 13: 5)

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;" (Deuteronomy 13: 6)

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:8-9)

"Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword." (Deuteronomy 13:15)

Comment

These severe laws commanded the members of the Hebrew religion to murder even their own children if they did not worship Yahweh (God).

These Bible words can justify, to a fanatical fundamentalist believer, the killing of friends or family simply because they may fail to change their beliefs.

Why anyone today would accept these words, much less allow them to exist in a sacred book goes against the nature of any tolerant and loving people.
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by kurus: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Come And See jihad For What It Is by olson(m): 8:45am On Oct 08, 2011
Action speaks louder dan voice, atleast we all those those doin most of d killin cos of 72 wh.oré in hel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? / When Was Hajj Made Compulsory? / Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.