Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? (1085 Views)

Is Polygamy Really Condemned By GOD? / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / Is Polygamy A Sin In Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:01am On Jul 26, 2023
What most Bible readers failed to realize that's confusing them is how God justified Himself with the mission of Christ, all those that lived before Jesus whether they served God faithfully or conscientiously lived their lives as pagan because they had no knowledge of the true God will be resurrected in Paradise that is what Paul meant when he said there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous (ancient servants of God) and the unrighteous (people who never knew God's standards but lived as prisoners of conscience) Act 24:15

In Paradise the thief Jesus promised {Luke 23:43} will also be resurrected for his faith but all these people will start another training right there which will last for 1,000 years.

What will be the purpose of their training?

Only true Christians are qualified to live forever {John 3:16} no matter who they are must learn how to live forever in the Kingdom of Christ that's why Jesus said all those born before John the baptist aren't as worthy before God like Christians who has accepted his teachings {Matthew 11:11} from Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Samuel, David, Elijah till John the baptist are still under probation even though they've been declared righteous to be remembered during the resurrection of the dead but they're not yet qualified to live forever until they accepted everything Christ Jesus taught which includes monogamy that God set in the beginning: One Adam One Eve! Matthew 19:4
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Image123(m): 6:55am On Jul 26, 2023
Geovanni412:
Pastors and Christians should not approbate and reprobate.

It is written in the Bible that a man can take more than one wife

Specifically, in the book of Exodus 21:10 (NIV), it is written, "If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights."

Also, in 2 Samuel 12:8 (NIV), God stated that he gave king David his master’s wives as well as Israel and Judah

Furthermore in Deut 21: 15-17 (NIV), God stated that a man should not deprive the first born of his lineage who comes from the second wife that he does not love of his right to inherit a double portion of the man's wealth.

The verse (Deut 21:15-17) reads as follows: "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons but the firstborn is the son of the wife he does not love, when he wills his property to his sons, he must not give the rights of the firstborn to the son of the wife he loves in preference to his actual firstborn, the son of the wife he does not love. He must acknowledge the son of his unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double share of all he has. That son is the first sign of his father’s strength. The right of the firstborn belongs to him."

The only reason for a man to have only one wife is because it is easier to manage and the Bible tells us that a man who cannot take care of his family is worse than an infidel (1 Timothy 5 v8)

Polygamy should be the exclusive preserve of wealthy men. If you have less than 5 million naira per year after expenses, you have no business talking about polygamy.

Now, the only people in the Bible that were instructed to have one wife were Bishops and Deacons (1 Timothy 3:2 and 1 Timothy 3:12)

All of us cannot be Bishops neither can we be Deacons.

A polygamist is very limited as a believer. Why would anyone want to be a limited believer? Why would anyone want his children to pass through the plights of children in polygamous families? Why would anyone not want to go back to the beginning? Have you not read?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by akan102: 7:28am On Jul 26, 2023
vdestro:

Grandfather and greatgrandfathers were not christians and op said "christians", so you missed.
Pls where did God say as a Christian you must be a husband of one wife?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:36am On Jul 26, 2023
Geovanni412:

Furthermore in Deut 21: 15-17 (NIV), God stated that a man should not deprive the first born of his lineage who comes from the second wife that he does not love of his right to inherit a double portion of the man's wealth.

Most of these rules came because of the stubbornness of Israelites!

For instance the law says if a man finds anything wrong with his wife he should give her a certificate of divorce and send her away {Deuteronomy 24:1} so if any other man finds her attractive he can marry her because of that rich Israelites whose wife's breasts have fallen started issuing divorce to the wife of their youth! Malachi 2:14

If Moses told them that marriage should be till death do us path then a man could take his wife into the forest and kill her there after all he can now remarry after her death.

Again that rule has flaws it only favour the men, what if a woman finds someone else she will like to be with perhaps due to his wealth, intelligence, youthfulness or performance in bed? Can she also divorce the man and remarry?

OK what if a woman has become so rich that she feels like keeping two sex partners under one roof, is she also free to do so?

Jesus has been with God from the beginning {John 1:2} so he knew what is perfect for the man and the woman that's why he said we must return to the standard God set in the beginning: One man (Adam) One woman (Eve) {Matthew 19:4} with that there will be no cheating! smiley
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:37am On Jul 26, 2023
akan102:

Can you remind me of a Christian in Bible times who is a polygamist?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 7:40am On Jul 26, 2023
akan102:

On marriage what did God Say and what did His Son Say? "Male and female created He them" not male and females.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 8:03am On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:
Looks like you so much love death. Can't you argue without being so sadistic?
Now to d topic,I need you to tell me where it's categorically stated in d Bible that polygamy is a sin? None of those people you mentioned ended badly as a result of polygamy. King Agab had one wife, Jezebel,how did they both end? Ananias and Saphira were monogamous,how did they both end? David,in all his shortcomings was a man after God's own heart. Job was monogamous but his wife wanted to turn him against God. Meanwhile, I need an answer to my question

You do not know that you are romancing with death as ananias and saphira thought that it was a small thing they were doing.

I have given you the people who God directly praised and honoured, (Noah, Job, Daniel), as God's standard.

David is only approved of God "in his first ways". Meaning his later ways were not approved of God.

But, after all said, it is your own neck that is in the line. The Spirits bear witness that you were warned.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Geovanni412(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2023
vdestro:

You do not know that you are romancing with death as ananias and saphira thought that it was a small thing they were doing.

I have given you the people who God directly praised and honoured, (Noah, Job, Daniel), as God's standard.

David is only approved of God "in his first ways". Meaning his later ways were not approved of God.

But, after all said, it is your own neck that is in the line. The Spirits bear witness that you were warned.

Did God disapprove of Abraham?

What do you have to say about Abraham impregnating Haggai and sending her away?

Is that adultery or polygamy?

According to your analysis, are you saying that God did not approve of Israel (Jacob), the father of Israel who married three wives?

If God does not approve of him, why did God bless him?

God is not like man. You do not know if he wants to use polygamy or use a crook/deceiver to fulfill his purpose. Take for example...how can you justify that God said that he hated Esau and loved Jacob right from the womb even before any of them did anything bad.

Remember that in Romans 9:10-13 (NIV), it was written:
"Not only that, but Rebekah’s children were conceived at the same time by our father Isaac. Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

You cannot wake up and be saying polygamy is death

If you say avoid polygamy because it is chaotic and cannot be managed by most men, I will agree with you.

Anything else you are saying, justify it with clear facts and address the issues above.

Cc: antichristian
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 8:46am On Jul 26, 2023
Geovanni412:

I am not going to have an unending argument with you since your heart is set to sin and desires to sin and to justify your sins. At least, it is your neck and the necks of all the other people who you took along with you and of course you should know that their blood is also going to be on your neck, hands.

However, go and read and see that Abraham saw that he made an error in doing this and when he saw it, he corrected it by sending them all away, until he died.

So, i have given my all and i will not be having an unending argument.

Christ has Said it all in revelation "sin if you want to sin or stay holy if you want to stay holy". Your choice, your reward.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2023
Geovanni412:

What do you have to say about Abraham impregnating Haggai and sending her away?
Is that adultery or polygamy?
I love the example of Abraham the father of faith!
Abraham was never a polygamist because he lived all his youthful life without a single child with Sarah (his wife) that's not a polygamist.
It was Sarah who suggested that Abraham shouldn't continue waiting for her since God has promised Abraham but it seems God isn't bringing the promised child through her so she gave her maid servant to Abraham (not that Abraham decide to take another woman)

When the maid servant behave naughty Sarah threw her out of her matrimonial home like a pest so from that setting Abraham was never a polygamist!

Geovanni412:

According to your analysis, are you saying that God did not approve of Israel (Jacob), the father of Israel who married three wives?

If God dos not approve of him, why did God bless him?
God didn't approve polygamy rather He allowed humans to learn from their own errors, remember that it was polygamy that caused so much hatred in the life of Jacob's children {1Corinthians 10:6} so Jacob himself was inspired to write that until the arrival of the Christ who is the way, truth and life {John 14:6} nobody can know what God really require of mankind to gain everlasting life {Genesis 49:10} and that's exactly what Moses told the Israelites:

I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name. Deuteronomy 18:18-19

Jesus of Nazareth came to teach the Israelites in the name of the same God {John 17:6} and whoever fails to adhere to his teachings has already been CONDEMNED! John 3:17
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Geovanni412(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Can you remind me of a Christian in Bible times who is a polygamist?

The Bible covers close to 2000 years of human history from Genesis till end

People only started being addressed as Christian from the book of Acts.

Specifically, Acts 11:26 - "And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch."

From the book of Acts to Revelation...the timespan is about 70 years.

Going from your logic, should we abandon the old testament and start reading only the new testament since that is where the word Christians was first mentioned?

If you say so, then Churches should never collect tithe.

In the new testament, tithe history is mentioned but Christians are not enjoined that they must give a tenth of their earnings to the Church.

The approach of the new testament is to give as you are led and not out of compulsion or necessity.

It's either you choose the entire Bible or the new testament?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2023
May that death embrace you in Jesus Name. Silly.

Who are you to condemn the patriarchs for polygamy when God or Jesus Himself did not do that? Your argument would only hold water if you show me where God condemned polygamy. Even you that is talking,trace your lineage, you are definitely a product of polygamy, just as we all are. Your grandfather or great-grandfather must have practised such without which you wouldn't have been here today. Be grateful to them.

vdestro:

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Geovanni412(m): 9:04am On Jul 26, 2023
vdestro:

I am not going to have an unending argument with you since your heart is set to sin and desires to sin and to justify your sins. At least, it is your neck and the necks of all the other people who you took along with you and of course you should know that their blood is also going to be on your neck, hands.

However, go and read and see that Abraham saw that he made an error in doing this and when he saw it, he corrected it by sending them all away, until he died.

So, i have given my all and i will not be having an unending argument.

Christ has Said it all in revelation "sin if you want to sin or stay holy if you want to stay holy". Your choice, your reward.

Address the issues and stop using vague words

Polygamy is not a ground for somebody to go to hellfire just like not knowing Jesus Christ is not a basis for going to hell.

God will judge everybody according to the content of their heart (Jeremiah 17:10)

In case you disagree, answer these questions for yourself...

Why is the entire world not Christian?

Why are there countries with over 95% Muslim population?

Has God designated that entire nation for hellfire?

What happens to people in countries like North Korea who never get to hear of Jesus Christ?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Geovanni412(m): 9:09am On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:

Who are you to condemn the patriarchs for polygamy when God or Jesus Himself did not do that? Your argument would only hold water if you show me where God condemned polygamy. Even you that is talking,trace your lineage, you are definitely a product of polygamy, just as we all are. Your grandfather or great-grandfather must have practised such without which you wouldn't have been here today. Be grateful to them.

The guy just dey yan dust

Im think say we be Im local boys wey Im go use all that kind talk intimidate us

If you try to use Bible to scam us, we will use the same Bible to defend ourselves.

Na so my papa teach me.

Polygamy is for wealthy and very wise men.

The bible said that such men are like 1 out of 1000.

Specifically, eccl 7:28(niv) states : "While I was still searching but not finding—I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all."

It is such men that should pursue polygamy.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Geovanni412(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13am On Jul 26, 2023
Geovanni412:

The Bible covers close to 2000 years of human history from Genesis till end People only started being addressed as Christian from the book of Acts. Specifically, Acts 11:26 - "And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch." From the book of Acts to Revelation...the timespan is about 70 years. Going from your logic, should we abandon the old testament and start reading only the new testament since that is where the word Christians was first mentioned? If you say so, then Churches should never collect tithe. In the new testament, tithe history is mentioned but Christians are not enjoined that they must give a tenth of their earnings to the Church.
The approach of the new testament is to give as you are led and not out of compulsion or necessity. It's either you choose the entire Bible or the new testament?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa you missed it! smiley

The Bible is about how the Creator introduced Himself to mankind through a nation (Israel) Exodus 19:5

But as for how to return to His favour the way He wanted mankind to live that is what Jesus came to establish. Note that the commands in the Mosaic laws was strictly for the Israelites alone it was Christianity that must be taken to all the earth not how God dealt with the sons of Jacob! Matthew 28:19-20

From Genesis to Revelation all the servants of God has a hidden group name so we are not to be called "CHRISTIANS" that name was borrowed in Antioch where observers used it to mock our brothers in the faith but they welcomed the new development! Romans 8:17

God allowed time for Satan to play his card in the gathering of Jesus' disciples after the death of the apostles {Matthew 13:25} but today the true God has began calling us by the name He hid from all Satan's agents {Isaiah 65:15} we are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, that's the name God wanted all His worshipers from Abel till today to be addressed {Hebrews 11:4-12:1} even Jesus of Nazareth though he's our leader is one of Jehovah's Witnesses! Revelations 1:5
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 9:19am On Jul 26, 2023
Geovanni412:

Address the issues and stop using vague words

Polygamy is not a ground for somebody to go to hellfire just like not knowing Jesus Christ is not a basis for going to hell...

I have addressed the issues and your own polygamy is direct and blatant disregard and hot disobedience to God as the isrealites did when God warned them that they shall have no other god besides Him. Yet, they immediately went to make a golden calf and say that it is the calf which brought them out of Egypt.

As i said, i would not have an unending argument, i have given you the warning and you have seen it. I am only begging you for life's sake but i do not force you. You have a right to choose and it is you who shall live with the consequence of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 9:24am On Jul 26, 2023
Exactly! A man that can hold his family in one piece, irrespective of the number of wives and children. A fool who marries one wife cannot keep his home in one piece. Our grandfathers had that kind of wisdom. They lived in peace with and ensured peace among the many number of wives they married

Geovanni412:

The guy just dey yan dust

Im think say we be Im local boys wey Im go use all that kind talk intimidate us

If you try to use Bible to scam us, we will use the same Bible to defend ourselves.

Na so my papa teach me.

Polygamy is for wealthy and very wise men.

The bible said that such men are like 1 out of 1000.

Specifically, eccl 7:28(niv) states : "While I was still searching but not finding—I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all."

It is such men that should pursue polygamy.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:

Our grandfathers had that kind of wisdom. They lived in peace with and ensured peace among the many number of wives they married
Do your grandfathers take them out to the beach for recreation?
Christianity isn't about what can't face the test of time, the way men treated women under the disguise of polygamy is what the women are rising against today in the name of Feminism.
They want to have equal rights as men so if you have money and you feel like marrying more than one wife they also want to do the same when they are rich.
Jesus foresaw all these that's why he told his own disciples to stick to the standard God set in the beginning: One Adam and One Eve! smiley
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:

Scream all you want my argument is already solid and you have seen how God condemned it. So now you are free to do as the isrealites did in saying that it is the golden calf which brought them out of Egypt.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2023
U don tire to dey quote the death line?

Show me the Bible passage where God condemned polygamy. You just dey beat about the bush. Our Lord Jesus was referred as the Son of David,a man who was a renowned POLYGAMIST! Stop teaching for doctrine the commandments of men!
,Shalom!

vdestro:

Scream all you want my argument is already solid and you have seen how God condemned it. So now you are free to do as the isrealites did in saying that it is the golden calf which brought them out of Egypt.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:
U don tire to dey quote the death line?

You jus dey find last word as you no get anything to say.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Smithwilliams826: 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
All of these argument won't lead to anywhere.
If you wan marry one wife, marry.
If na more than two, marry.
No dey disturb others.
I shall know say Jesus said "A man shall leave his father's house and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." (Matthew 19:5) he did not mention wives.

If you gree or not. No qoute or mention me.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
1st Timothy chapter 3:2 was specific on the person who is to have one wife and that is a BISHOP. No one else was enjoined to marry one wife. The Bible is silent on polygamy,so it's not for you speak for God.
Know that and know peace.

vdestro:

You jus dey find last word as you no get anything to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:
1st Timothy chapter 3:2 was specific on the person who is to have one wife and that is a BISHOP. No one else was enjoined to marry one wife. The Bible is silent on polygamy,so it's not for you speak for God.
Know that and know peace.

You still kill yourself even more.

The bishop is the embodiment and representative of God, therefore, he is the standard which everyone who cares and loves God supposed to be pursue and become.

He is the embodiment of God's Ways therefore, you have just raised up God's approved standard.

So, it is very clear beyond any reasonable dispute that God does not support marriage beyond a male and female.

2 Likes

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2023
You just buried yourself, for failing to give me a passage in the Bible where God condemned polygamy. I have backed my defense with a Bible passage. Do that or the joke will be on you.
vdestro:

You still kill yourself even more.

The bishop is the embodiment and representative of God, therefore, he is the standard which everyone who cares and loves God supposed to be pursue and become.

He is the embodiment of God's Ways therefore, you have just raised up God's approved standard.

So, it is very clear beyond any reasonable dispute that God does not support marriage beyond a male and female.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 4:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:
You just buried yourself, for failing to give me a passage in the Bible where God condemned polygamy. I have backed my defense with a Bible passage. Do that or the joke will be on you.

You gave me Timothy 3:2. And i showed you Abraham made that same mistake after sarah died, but when he real eyesed it, he corrected it and drove them all away.

I showed you that God Said we can walk in "David's first ways" and not in his later destructive ways. I said all these up here and you saw them all and you could not answer them. So, you are on your own to do as you like with your soul. I'm done.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2023
I need Bible passages so I can either acquiesce to your stance or not,but it's obvious you can't. Thanks for engaging.
[quote author=vdestro post=124674668
You gave me Timothy 3:2. And i showed you Abraham made that same mistake after sarah died, but when he real eyesed it, he corrected it and drove them all away.

I showed you that God Said we can walk in "David's first ways" and not in his later destructive ways. I said all these up here and you saw them all and you could not answer them. So, you are on your own to do as you like with your soul. I'm done. [/quote]
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
Next time, learn to give counter arguments without a death threat,no matter how subtle. Not that I fear any evil because He that is me is far greater than whatever that is in you.U can't coerce one into agreeing with you using that means and besides it doesn't show civility or even the Love of Christ.
It provokes one into using curses or the like on you.
I withdraw whatever bad words I used on you just as I know that whatever you wished me cannot stand nor come to pass in Jesus Mighty Name.
One love 💕

vdestro:

I showed you that God Said we can walk in "David's first ways" and not in his later destructive ways. I said all these up here and you saw them all and you could not answer them. So, you are on your own to do as you like with your soul. I'm done.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:
I need Bible passages so I can either acquiesce to your stance or not,but it's obvious you can't. Thanks for engaging.

The value is in the seeking.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Geovanni412(m): 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I love the example of Abraham the father of faith!
Abraham was never a polygamist because he lived all his youthful life without a single child with Sarah (his wife) that's not a polygamist.
It was Sarah who suggested that Abraham shouldn't continue waiting for her since God has promised Abraham but it seems God isn't bringing the promised child through her so she gave her maid servant to Abraham (not that Abraham decide to take another woman)

When the maid servant behave naughty Sarah threw her out of her matrimonial home like a pest so from that setting Abraham was never a polygamist!

God didn't approve polygamy rather He allowed humans to learn from their own errors, remember that it was polygamy that caused so much hatred in the life of Jacob's children {1Corinthians 10:6} so Jacob himself was inspired to write that until the arrival of the Christ who is the way, truth and life {John 14:6} nobody can know what God really require of mankind to gain everlasting life {Genesis 49:10} and that's exactly what Moses told the Israelites:

I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name. Deuteronomy 18:18-19

Jesus of Nazareth came to teach the Israelites in the name of the same God {John 17:6} and whoever fails to adhere to his teachings has already been CONDEMNED! John 3:17

First of all, I respect you taking the time to pen down some of the verses

Quite informative

Now, to the main issue...

I still disagree with you on the issue of Abraham and polygamy. He was polygamous up until when he chased away Haggai. I don't think there's a better way to put it

I like the verse you quoted in 1 Corinthians 10 which talked about God disapproving of some of the ways of our ancestors.

It negates a lot of issues but it doesn't say that polygamy is wrong.

My interpretation is that it is condemning the act of taking concubines or participating in adultery and different types of sexual gymnastics.

Come to think of it....what is a concubine in today's culture?

The best description I could use would be a mistress or a side chick.

Now....the issue with John 14:6 of Jesus being the way, the truth and the life is this...

Why do we have cultural differences?

In some countries, their population is over 90% Islamic..would such people born in such countries be condemned to hell?

Also, let's talk about areas with primitive cultures...

How willing are Christians to go and preach the word of God to primitive people?

You'll see Christians (new generation) church trying to convert a fellow Christian (catholic/ Methodist) to come to his Church.

When was the last time Christians went and talked to people who are voodoo worshippers or Muslims?

I read about the Sambian tribe in Papua New Guinea. Max, in this tribe, the boys of 14 yrs old drink the semen of grown men 'to get strong' ....that is their rite of passage into manhood.

How many Christian evangelists are willing to go there and preach the gospel?

In situations like this, would the boys in such culture with zero access to Christianity go to hell?

In conclusion, I am yet to see where the Bible expressly prohibits polygamy. However, I strongly believe that Christians should not practice polygamy because they lack the mental capacity to do so on the grounds of eccl 7:28.

On the issue of condemnation, I believe that God will judge everyone according to the contents of their heart irrespective of their religion...
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2023
CJStarz:
Next time, learn to give counter arguments without a death threat,no matter how subtle. Not that I fear any evil because He that is me is far greater than whatever that is in you.U can't coerce one into agreeing with you using that means and besides it doesn't show civility or even the Love of Christ.
It provokes one into using curses or the like on you.
I withdraw whatever bad words I used on you just as I know that whatever you wished me cannot stand nor come to pass in Jesus Mighty Name.
One love 💕

I did not threaten you with death. I simply said in love and fear that you were going to kill yourself thaf you seem to love death or in nigerian english, you are playing with death. Thats all i said.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Theologists, Pastors & Apostles Of Christ / No Rapture ! / A Christian And Inspirational Forum For Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.