Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? (1084 Views)

Is Polygamy Really Condemned By GOD? / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / Is Polygamy A Sin In Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2023
Many monogamous marriages have also ended in the deaths of one or both partners,so also polygamous marriages. Safety is of the Lord. Now,I get your point.
God bless you richly.

vdestro:

I did not threaten you with death. I simply said in love and fear that you were going to kill yourself thaf you seem to love death or in nigerian english, you are playing with death. Thats all i said.

2 Likes

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2023
Geovanni412:

I still disagree with you on the issue of Abraham and polygamy. He was polygamous up until when he chased away Haggai. I don't think there's a better way to put it
Do polygamist today wait until they're aged before going for a second woman?
How many polygamist today goes for second wife due to the barrenness of the first woman?
Do polygamist today take orders from their wives?
Can they drive away the second wife with her child?
Guy Abraham no be polygamist! smiley

Geovanni412:

I like the verse you quoted in 1 Corinthians 10
My interpretation is that it is condemning the act of taking concubines or participating in adultery and different types of sexual gymnastics.
Adultery is adultery stay with your wife or you won't see Paradise because there only one man and one wife is applicable deliberate polygamist after knowing what Jesus said about the beginning will not inherit God's kingdom!

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Geovanni412(m): 6:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Do polygamist today wait until they're aged before going for a second woman?
How many polygamist today goes for second wife due to the barrenness of the first woman?
Do polygamist today take orders from their wives?
Can they drive away the second wife with her child?
Guy Abraham no be polygamist! smiley

Adultery is adultery stay with your wife or you won't see Paradise because there only one man and one wife is applicable deliberate polygamist after knowing what Jesus said about the beginning will not inherit God's kingdom!

One man one wife is good to avoid high BP

But is there husband and wife in paradise?

What's the position of the Bible on that?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2023
Geovanni412:

PARADISE means renovated earth when all the evildoers has been exterminated {Psalms 37:9-11} the earth will remain but all evildoers will be cutoff {Proverbs 2:20-22} the whole system will change as there will be no deserts but food growing in abundance {Psalms 72:16} anywhere we allow after building our homes {Isaiah 65:21-23} all animals will start eating straws no more predators {Isaiah 11:7; 65:25} no more sickness {Isaiah 33:24} blindness, deafness and lameness will be cured for good {Isaiah 35:5-6} no more oldage because we will forever remain as youths {Job 33:25} and as for death God will swallow it for good {Isaiah 25:8} all these are the promises of God found in the scriptures ran through the minds of that Jewish thief when Jesus said:
"I am promising you today, you will be with me in Paradise" Luke 23:43

So back to the topic of discussion, God doesn't want anyone to feel hurt, sorrow nor shed tears due to heartbreak {Revelations 21:3-4} there's going to be so much fun for lovebirds that's why Jesus said in that setting only a man a his wife can fit well (not polygamists) just as Adam and Eve perfectly fit in the setting in the beginning! Matthew 19:4 smiley
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by AntiChristian: 9:09am On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

Now you show that you are indeed a devil for the bible did not say brides but here you are destroying yourself in adding to the bible. Anyway, you already know that destruction is your portion.

And even ordinary common sense should have told you that it is the bridegroom and virgins who will go to the house of the bride. May God punish you forever!

You will only curse yourself not me! Even your prayers are never answered not to talk of your curse!
The context and setting is a marriage with 10 virgins and one bridegroom!

In the end, 5 virgins were successful with the one bridegroom!
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by AntiChristian: 9:14am On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

The same as king buhari did to your wives.

Show me where God gave my wife to Buhari?

God did gave wives to David!

Moses too had more than one wife!

Abraham too!

Solomon!

Lamech!

Jacob!

Here is another evidence for many wives against one man!

"And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying,
We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach." Isaiah 4:1

When will this be fulfilled among Christians? grin
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by AntiChristian: 9:16am On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

On marriage what did God Say and what did His Son Say? "Male and female created He them" not male and females.

When God created Male and female, didn't he give them organs to multiply?

Same God gave rules for Polygamy!

It is often said that Yahweh/Jehovah/Jesus of the Christians prescribe one man for one woman so how come tens of Prophets/men of God had more than one wives and or concubines?

Cain's son Lamech and Moses had 2 wives. David had 8 wives! Solomon 300 wives and 700 concubines! Gideon had many wives!
Deuteronomy 21:1-17 suggest marriage of multiple wives including captured prisoners gotten from conquests.

Elkanah a godly man and father of Samuel had 2 wives. Abraham, the father of faith had two wives!

In 2 Samuel 12 when the prophet Nathan confronts David over his sin with Bathsheba, we read: "This is what the Lord God of Israel says: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I have given you your master's house and your master's wives into your bosom … and I gave you the house of Israel and Judah, and as if this wasn't enough, I would have given you even more."

Is it that all of these men of God were not guided (by the Holy spirit) in their marriages?

And lastly Yahweh prescribed law to protect first wife in Polygamy- Exo 21:10 "If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights."

Why this law since Yahweh/Jehovah is against polygamy?
Geovanni412: CJStarz:

2 Likes

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

When God created Male and female, didn't he give them organs to multiply?:

Change of post. The topic is not organs and multiplication.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 11:28am On Jul 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

Show me where God gave my wife to Buhari?

Show where God Said "see your master's wives, take them?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 11:36am On Jul 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

You will only curse yourself not me! Even your prayers are never answered not to talk of your curse!
The context and setting is a marriage with 10 virgins and one bridegroom!
]In the end, 5 virgins were successful with the one bridegroom!

You are cursed already and and God is definitely going to punish you forever for all your evils and blasphemies. Thank God He would soon be here to destroy all His ememies and devils like you.

The bible clearly shows virgins waiting at the bride's house for the bridegroom to come as is normal.You dont have anything to say.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 11:57am On Jul 27, 2023
CJStarz:
Many monogamous marriages have also ended in the deaths of one or both partners,so also polygamous marriages. Safety is of the Lord. Now,I get your point.
God bless you richly.

But they die differently. Like Raymond Dokpesi confessed before he died, he said polygamy was one of the his worsts mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
Geovanni412:

No more sex and marriage! It was sex which made male Adam to choose his wife over God. So, to prevent us from dying again, God is now removing sex and marriage from our make up.

So you see why those who want good eternal life must learn to live within The Law of only one wife?

Any who cannot obey this law of limited sex how can they be worthy of God's good future plans where He has removed it, since it killed us, the first time?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by AntiChristian: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

You are cursed already and and God is definitely going to punish you forever for all your evils and blasphemies. Thank God He would soon be here to destroy all His ememies and devils like you.

The bible clearly shows virgins waiting at the bride's house for the bridegroom to come as is normal.You dont have anything to say.

Has he sent you the date?

You still dey play the drama "The kingdom of god is at hand"
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by AntiChristian: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
vdestro:

Show where God Said "see your master's wives, take them?

I have shown you but you won't believe!

"And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things."
2 Samuel 12:8.

What does in to thy bosom mean in the above my cursing abusive brother?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
Wow! Indeed, you have opened my eyes the more. Thank you sooooo much for the rich insight.
I would read up those chapters. Of a truth,God is not against polygamy.

AntiChristian:

When God created Male and female, didn't he give them organs to multiply?

Same God gave rules for Polygamy!

It is often said that Yahweh/Jehovah/Jesus of the Christians prescribe one man for one woman so how come tens of Prophets/men of God had more than one wives and or concubines?

Cain's son Lamech and Moses had 2 wives. David had 8 wives! Solomon 300 wives and 700 concubines! Gideon had many wives!
Deuteronomy 21:1-17 suggest marriage of multiple wives including captured prisoners gotten from conquests.

Elkanah a godly man and father of Samuel had 2 wives. Abraham, the father of faith had two wives!

In 2 Samuel 12 when the prophet Nathan confronts David over his sin with Bathsheba, we read: "This is what the Lord God of Israel says: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I have given you your master's house and your master's wives into your bosom … and I gave you the house of Israel and Judah, and as if this wasn't enough, I would have given you even more."

Is it that all of these men of God were not guided (by the Holy spirit) in their marriages?

And lastly Yahweh prescribed law to protect first wife in Polygamy- Exo 21:10 "If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights."

Why this law since Yahweh/Jehovah is against polygamy?
Geovanni412: CJStarz:

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
CJStarz:

Wow! Indeed, you have opened my eyes the more. Thank you sooooo much for the rich insight. I would read up those chapters. Of a truth,God is not against polygamy.
The Bible God gave laws to the Israelites but to those worshiping Him today it's whatever you feel like doing that will become a snare to you.
So neither is He condemning Polygamy or Polyandry:

Let the one who is unrighteous continue in unrighteousness, and let the filthy one continue in his filth; but let the righteous one continue in righteousness, and let the holy one continue in holiness. “‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work. Revelations 22:11-12

If you marry more wives as a man or marry more husbands as a woman it's whatever comes out of it that will determine if you worth living or a return to none existence all those who lived as polygamists have seen the troubles that resulted from it so God is only saying:

“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” Revelations 21:3-4

The highlighted will determine what each person deserves, if what you did now after Jesus has come is causing tears, mourning, outcry or pain to others then you already know where you belong! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2023
AntiChristian:

I have shown you but you won't believe...

I saw it and it did not say "see your master's wives, take them."

AntiChristian:

What else does rule mean if it is not a claimibg "in thy bossom"?

Is there anything precious to you whoch you won or conquered which you did not take to your chest (bossom) eg graduate certificate/nysc call up letter, or job appointment letter or your first car's keys?
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 11:14am On Jul 28, 2023
CJStarz:
Wow! Indeed, you have opened my eyes the more. Thank you sooooo much for the rich insight.

A heart set to sin will always find the reason to sin and the fences sinners raise to cover their sins.

But it is Written,
For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 11:34am On Jul 28, 2023
AntiChristian:

Has he sent you the date?

You still dey play the drama "The kingdom of god is at hand"

That is the essence of giving a shock! Can't wait to see all your rumpled evil faces on that day when He Arrives. The way your evil brothers are daily complaining and grumbling just shows how closer He is in showing up, so dont worry, you would soon regret why you were born.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
AntiChristian:

"The kingdom of god is at hand"

That's the theme of Jesus' GOOD NEWS message {Matthew 10:7} it simply means God's kingdom is at grasp.
Whatever people have at HAND means it's within their reach but have they started EATING it? NO!
The phrase "at hand" has a deeper meaning that most Bible readers need to understand the first time a prophet utter that statement was few months before the year 29 c.e. John the baptist was shouting in the wilderness "prepare the way for the day of Jehovah cause the kingdom of God is at hand" Matthew 3:1-2; John 1:23

So when talking about God's kingdom is at hand remember Jesus never said the benefit is here for anyone to start EATING we must keep it tight to our fist until it's time to EAT! smiley
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by AntiChristian: 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's the theme of Jesus' GOOD NEWS message {Matthew 10:7} it simply means God's kingdom is at grasp.
Whatever people have at HAND means it's within their reach but have they started EATING it? NO!
The phrase "at hand" has a deeper meaning that most Bible readers need to understand the first time a prophet utter that statement was few months before the year 29 c.e. John the baptist was shouting in the wilderness "prepare the way for the day of Jehovah cause the kingdom of God is at hand" Matthew 3:1-2; John 1:23

So when talking about God's kingdom is at hand remember Jesus never said the benefit is here for anyone to start EATING we must keep it tight to our fist until it's time to EAT! smiley

You should understand the context I'm using that Clause/Phrase. Many say it as if the world will end like tomorrow!
Many use it as if they've got the date!
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by AntiChristian: 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2023
vdestro:

That is the essence of giving a shock! Can't wait to see all your rumpled evil faces on that day when He Arrives. The way your evil brothers are daily complaining and grumbling just shows how closer He is in showing up, so dont worry, you would soon regret why you were born.

grin

Jesus sef go deny you!
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by AntiChristian: 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
vdestro:

I saw it and it did not say "see your master's wives, take them."

Just as Jesus didn't directly call himself "God" anywhere in the Bible! So we can say Jesus is not God but just man!

Is there anything precious to you whoch you won or conquered which you did not take to your chest (bossom) eg graduate certificate/nysc call up letter, or job appointment letter or your first car's keys?

Bosom (Noun) means :
a woman's chest or breasts.

Bosom (Adjective) means :
(of a friend) very close or intimate.

You are simply a liar!

"And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things."
2 Samuel 12:8.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
AntiChristian:

You should understand the context I'm using that Clause/Phrase. Many say it as if the world will end like tomorrow!
Many use it as if they've got the date!

I understand you, due to that phrase most in the first century Jewish community thought the Christ will start fulfilling everything including handling over the world power to Israel {Act 1:6} but what John and Jesus meant is that the preparation begins with the prophet who is to announce the coming to the Christ and the presence of Christ in their midst!
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Janosky: 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
Matthew 19:4-6,

Jesus Christ the founder of Christianity has spoken, stick with his instructions.

Or follow your carnal lusts.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Emusan(m): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
CJStarz:

This is not funny, you called yourself follower of Christ but it's a Muslim (even with a name that stands against your very claim) who opened your eyes MORE about your own BOOK shocked shocked shocked

Something is definitely wrong some where.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Emusan(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
Janosky:
Matthew 19:4-6,

Jesus Christ the founder of Christianity has spoken, stick with his instructions.

Or follow your carnal lusts.

So Jesus is the founder of Christianity but your brother still claim on this thread that, the name isn't what God approved and the approved name is Jehovah witness cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
Emusan:

This is not funny, you called yourself follower of Christ but it's a Muslim (even with a name that stands against your very claim) who opened your eyes MORE about your own BOOK shocked shocked shocked

Something is definitely wrong some where.
Judge not! The Lord knows those that are His. Yes, he's a non Christian but he gave authentic Bible passages to back up his claim. Christ died for ALL!
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by Emusan(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
CJStarz:
Judge not!

Where in my post did I judge him?

The Lord knows those that are His.

Sure!

Yes, he's a non Christian but he gave authentic Bible passages to back up his claim.

Just as Devil gave different scriptures to support his claim when dialogue with Jesus.

NOTE: Devil actually quoted the very word of God but Jesus had to rebuke him for applying it WRONGLY.

But do you think he's quoting those verses for actual truth about God stand on marriage or just to satisfy his mission (based on his name) and religion?

Firstly, he knows the parable of 10 Virgins is parable but still went further to use it AS IF it actually supported POLYGAMY.

Secondly, he deliberately used a version of 2 Samuel 12:8 that uses the word "Bosom" when it's evident that, what that passage is talking about is GOD PUTTING EVERYTHING belongs to Saul into the CARE of David. Yet he just focus on "WIVES" as if that was just ONLY thing the verse talked about.

Lastly, how do you think truth can come from such a person?

Christ died for ALL!

Yes but not ALL will receive Him!
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by CJStarz: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
Peace ✌️ :

Emusan:

Where in my post did I judge him?

Sure!

Just as Devil gave different scriptures to support his claim when dialogue with Jesus.

NOTE: Devil actually quoted the very word of God but Jesus had to rebuke him for applying it WRONGLY.

But do you think he's quoting those verses for actual truth about God stand on marriage or just to satisfy his mission (based on his name) and religion?

Firstly, he knows the parable of 10 Virgins is parable but still went further to use it AS IF it actually supported POLYGAMY.

Secondly, he deliberately used a version of 2 Samuel 12:8 that uses the word "Bosom" when it's evident that, what that passage is talking about is GOD PUTTING EVERYTHING belongs to Saul into the CARE of David. Yet he just focus on "WIVES" as if that was just ONLY thing the verse talked about.

Lastly, how do you think truth can come from such a person?

Yes but not ALL will receive Him!
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 9:08am On Jul 29, 2023
AntiChristian:

Just as Jesus didn't directly call himself "God" anywhere in the Bible! So we can say Jesus is not God but just man!

Off point/Change of Post. Ditto He did not need to God had told us that He was comning.

AntiChristian:

Bosom (Noun) means :
a woman's chest or breasts.

Bosom (Adjective) means :
(of a friend) very close or intimate..

Even your posts proves you are the lying devil for both definitions clearly show preciousness and dearness like your graduate certificate or first job and first car. O you have not yet finished university (wonder if you have entered sef) no wonder you are very foolish.
Re: Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity? by vdestro: 9:12am On Jul 29, 2023
Emusan:

Where in my post did I judge

Lastly, how do you think truth can come from such a person?!

Tell them ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Since The Time Of Abraham Christ Was The First To Teach Of Heaven / Please Help ! Is This Normal? / What If Tomorrow Was Judgment Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.