Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

My Take On The Tower Of Babel Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Take On The Tower Of Babel Story (174 Views)

Tower Of Babel (biblical Narration) / Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution / Was The Tower Of Babel A Literal Tower? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On The Tower Of Babel Story by Boboye4slim(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2023
MY TAKE ON THE TOWER OF BABEL STORY

I've at a point in my life wondered and argued on why God had to distort human language in the tower of babel story.
I mean how can that ever be justified? How can a supposed good God destroy the one thing that can efficiently foster unity among human? Does it mean God was afraid of his creation from what he said in Gen 11:6? Did God use the divide and conquer tactic on the Babel community?
These were questions that i needed answers to. Well, after detailed studying, introspection, and especially Holy spirit's proclivity for enlightening truth-seekers, I found the answers in the chapters that preceded.
Simply put, "Human are Imperfect and has no foresight". God's plan was to create men that filled the whole earth in glorification of His name, not some self aggrandizing skyscrapper building egomaniac savages who though having an hindsight of what happened to their generation being almost wiped out by flood, still lack the foresight to see into God's plan and would rather plunge into a situation that will go on to culminate into another destructive event for them. God wouldnt let this be.
Human had a single language which God was okay with until this stubborn guys of noah days found a plain in sinari and decide to settle down, build a city so high to the heavens just to make names for themselves.

From studying this story, i took home few points:

1. Stone age or whatnot, Men have always being very smart, even God acknowledged that by acting swiftly.

2. GOD knew human has huge potential and are capable of achieving whatever they could Imagine.

3. But being imperfect and lacking foresight, Human sole plan will always lead to their own destruction unless God intervenes.

4. Language distortion was neccessary to achieve God's plan

5. Men eventually made a name for themselves but not in the way they initially wanted to go about achieving it.

6. The story proves the accuracy of The Holy Bible and explain the diversity of human languages and culture.

7. Sometimes, what you think are negative situations in your life may not really be negative, they could be God's plan to save you from self destruction. Why not pray and rely fully on him.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Tower Of Babel Story by Dantedasz(m): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2023
Boboye4slim:

I've at a point in my life wondered and argued on why God had to distort human language in the tower of babel story.
I mean how can that ever be justified? How can a supposed good God destroy the one thing that can efficiently foster unity among human? Does it mean God was afraid of his creation from what he said in Gen 11:6? Did God use the divide and conquer tactic on the Babel community?
These were questions that i needed answers to. Well, after detailed studying, introspection, and especially Holy spirit's proclivity for enlightening truth-seekers, I found the answers in the chapters that preceded.
Simply put, "Human are Imperfect and has no foresight". God's plan was to create men that filled the whole earth in glorification of His name, not some self aggrandizing skyscrapper building egomaniac savages who though having an hindsight of what happened to their generation being almost wiped out by flood, still lack the foresight to see into God's plan and would rather plunge into a situation that will go on to culminate into another destructive event for them. God wouldnt let this be.
Human had a single language which God was okay with until this stubborn guys of noah days found a plain in sinari and decide to settle down, build a city so high to the heavens just to make names for themselves.

From studying this story, i took home few points:

1. Stone age or whatnot, Men have always being very smart, even God acknowledged that by acting swiftly.

2. GOD knew human has huge potential and are capable of achieving whatever they could Imagine.

3. But being imperfect and lacking foresight, Human sole plan will always lead to their own destruction unless God intervenes.

4. Language distortion was neccessary to achieve God's plan

5. Men eventually made a name for themselves but not in the way they initially wanted to go about achieving it.

6. The story proves the accuracy of The Holy Bible and explain the diversity of human languages and culture.

7. Sometimes, what you think are negative situations in your life may not really be negative, they could be God's plan to save you from self destruction. Why not pray and rely fully on him.

Oga,
Good day,
At the number 6 point,I emboldened: Please can you explain more on how the Tower of Babel story proves the accuracy of the Bible and the diversity of language??

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Tower Of Babel Story by LordReed(m): 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
Boboye4slim:

How does the story prove the accuracy of The Holy Bible?

(1) (Reply)

The Fear Of God / Grace To Obey God's Tiny Voice In Our Hearts / Four Worshippers Killed As Popular Central Mosque Collapses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.