Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria (25922 Views)

Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / Mr President, This Policy Is Anti-People - Wike To Buhari On New Naira (Video) / Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by DesignMaestro(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2023
The forex reform of President Bola Tinubu is seen to be having a positive impact on inflow of remittance into the country.

The reform aims to address the challenges of foreign exchange by floating the Naira, allowing market forces to determine the exchange rate.

Many Nigerian big firms have since then launched and partnered initiatives that now allow Nigerians and Africans abroad to seamlessly bring and pay money back to the country.

According to a Twitter user identified as AItalkspace,” Remittances and international payments have kinda received a boost in Nigeria after the exchange rate changes from a few weeks ago. Flutterwave now supports international tuition payments in naira, Paga just announced international payouts in naira, and Access Bank just partnered with Remitly.”

Access Bank and Remitly

Access Bank’s partnership with Remitly, now allows customers to receive and deposit cash in Dollars in all access bank branches.

Remitly is an American online remittance service based in Seattle, United States that offers international money transfers to over 135 countries.

According to Access Bank, the transactions will be available to both account and non-account holders requiring only a valid ID for dollar pickups. The bank stated that an instant domiciliary account is opened up on receipt of remittance payment.

Tuition by Flutterwave

Tuition launched by Flutterwave now enables Nigerians and Africans studying overseas to pay their school fees in any part of the world seamlessly and in time using localised currencies and local payment methods.

” We are dedicated to bridging the gap between African students and inadequate banking infrastructures, fraud, high exchange rates, and many more.

“Pay local, study global,” Flutterwave stated

Paga

Paga has declared openly that it is available for businesses from any remittance company interested in local partnerships.

Tayo Oviosu, chief executive officer of Paga disclosed this on his official Twitter handle welcoming every interested partnership.

“Nigerians can now receive remittances in Naira.

“Paga is wide open for business for any remittance company looking for a local partner.

“Remittances can be delivered to any phone number or financial institution with great reliability,” Oviosu tweeted.

Meanwhile, many companies have also backed the president’s forex policy reform since it was signed, because of the ease of operation, BusinessDay has earlier reported.

Sunil Bharti Mittal, chairman of Bharti Airtel Limited during his recent visit to Nigeria applauded the president for addressing the challenges of foreign exchange by floating the Naira, allowing market forces to determine the exchange rate.

He said the lack of easy access to forex has remained a difficult challenge for investors over the years.

“One of the key changes that his excellency has made in the first few days of his tenure has been making Naira free float unto the market, making the market decide,” Mittal said.

According to him, “One of the biggest problems for foreign investors in Nigeria for many years has been the lack of easy availability of forex, where foreign investors who have spent billions of dollars do not mind paying whatever the market rate is as the market must decide but to be prevented from importing critical infrastructure equipment from our partners like IBM and other software agencies, making it extremely difficult for a company like Airtel which must be the case with others as well.”

Other investors in the country have also cheered the federal government’s move to address forex challenges through the reform.

https://businessday.ng/technology/article/how-tinubus-forex-policy-is-growing-remittance-into-nigeria/

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by TemplarLandry: 11:10am On Jul 14, 2023
#RenewedHope.

I dedicate “LCND” (Legends Can Never Die) by Davido to Jagaban. Great jam!

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Writergreat68(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2023
King of babablu

Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by lexylaw09: 11:14am On Jul 14, 2023
How nice, thank God

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by SmartPolician: 11:23am On Jul 14, 2023
Well, I will take this with a pinch of salt because I wanted to see the figures, but they didn't present any data.

By and large, this just looks like a promotional article telling readers what services those financial platforms provide.

138 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by joyandfaith: 11:29am On Jul 14, 2023
Crap. Dollar is now #790. Story without data!!

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Ahmed0336(m): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
#RenewedHope.

I dedicate “LCND” (Legends Can Never Die) by Davido to Jagaban. Great jam!
Wetin dey work you self with all these songs you're dedicating in various threads? undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by TearsOfHelinues: 11:39am On Jul 14, 2023
helinues:
Toh

Look for a job and be useful

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by AustineE1: 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
Arrant nonsense!your Tinubu has succeded in ruining whatever positive is left of this country economically,never in the history of this nation that naira became so valueless and can only be compared to tissue papers, yes toilet papers. The masses are being strangulated in the worst form of economic hardship,the streets are empty of cars and SMEs that depend on fuel to power their businesses has almost all folded up.
while Some national clowns are online hyping the calamity of a president. Rather than going for better things,the online janitors and thugs are paid 30k stipends to continue with there online chorus.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
as at now not a single dollar can be accessed through the black market. it's been sucked and skyrocketed..
I have few days to pay my school fees.

I have waited for cbn after applying since April then June they asked for tax clearance and it cost me 100k to get it. till now nothing.

I have been running from one Aboki to another all of them are helpless.
If you can give me dollar for 850 please face to face transaction in the east please indicate... meeting inside the bank
updated
i have gotten dollars now n paid my fees, got from someone face to face transaction thanks

27 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by TheMiracleMag(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
May we all be delivered from generational curse.
The LORD is our Shepherd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by ecolime(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
Enough of all these image laundering and whitewashing of fiscal Policies. The Policies aren't bad IMHO but how is the government managing the fallout?

It's madness to save Billions from stopping of FX subsidy, Fuel subsidy, etc. only to be siphoned by the Political elites.

It's the learned that cares about Macro-economic Policies and its effects. What the masses want is food on their tables.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by tesppidd: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
grin

Las Las to rule this country hard sha.

This country can humble anybody wey think say him be odogwu.

This country go humble Tinubu so tay him go know say Nigeria is not Lagos.

grin

I transformed Lagos, I did this in Lagos, I did that in Lagos.

Las Las Naija nor be Lagos.

grin

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Agoc: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
undecided
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Johnrake69: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
White washing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by signature2012(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
You guys will just take up and write stupid article that will suit you dumb followers.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Olukat(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
How these policies are impacting on Nigerians should be the main issue.
That private companies are raking in billions isn't an outlook to judge government!
People are suffering too much angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Atarakpa: 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
The problem now is this. After positioning the economy, one Hausa guy will come ground it.

5 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by staga: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Liars.

Pound is now N1,000. What lies are these people peddling?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by christejames(m): 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Government of propaganda

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Highways: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Okay... Make Una continue dey hype the drug Lord.... Very soon he will return the mandate and INEc chairman will be jailed....

Dollar is 815 today

17 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Because if u have an abroad based one and he send you 100 euros that's 100k straight up.

A dead economy

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Hollyharjii: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
K

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by princeade86(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
All these don't have effect in the live of masses. Stop giving fake hope.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by ratiani6: 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by richie240: 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
My bloda rest Biko, ds article is not meant for ur types.
cool
SmartPolician:
Well, I will take this with a pinch of salt because I wanted to see the figures, but they didn't present any data.

By and large, this just looks like a promotional article telling readers what services those financial platforms provide.

5 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THERE IS NOTHING WORKING YET UNDER PRES TINUBU THAT IS IN FAVOUR OF THE POOR NIGERIANS.

UNTIL I HEAR AND SEE THAT THE PEOPLE CAN PURCHASE FUEL AT A CHEAPER RATE,AND FOOD STUFFS CAN BE AFFORD BY THE POOR.

TILL THEN NOTHING IS WORKING.

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST PRES TINUBU
BUT LET HIM DO THE NEEDFUL,

NIGERIANS ARE SERIOUSLY SUFFERING.

JESUS IS THE ONLY SAVIOUR

WEALTH IS GOOD.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by hisexcellency34: 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
Good but how will the average common man on the street benefit from it?

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by stephen109(m): 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
AustineE1:
Arrant nonsense!your Tinubu has succeded in ruining whatever positive is left of this country economically,never in the history of this nation that naira became so valueless and can only be compared to tissue papers, yes toilet papers. The masses are being strangulated in the worst form economic hardship,the streets are empty of cars and SMEs that depend on fuel to power their businesses has almost all folded up.
while Some national clowns are online hyping the calamity of a president. Rather than going for better things,the online janitors and thugs are paid 30k stipends to continue with there online chorus.
Lol Dey play

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai / Just In: NLC Rejects N27,000 Minimum Wage / German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.