Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria (25967 Views)

Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / Mr President, This Policy Is Anti-People - Wike To Buhari On New Naira (Video) / Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Highways: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

It’s one thing for forex to be available (this will attract investors and bring more flow, remember Emirate? That’s why they stop flying to Nigeria maybe they’d come back now)

Naira getting to 815 is another thing, naira is taking its true value, and not the artificial rate Buhari and Emefiele forcefully kept at 480 that made their friends stupendously rich. Now naira it’s taking its real value. That’s one step!

Next step is to improve our exports and that will help balance out trade which in turn make naira appreciate and that 815 will even drop in the long term if this government follow through on their campaign promise.

It won’t happen overnight, Buhari didn’t ruin naira overnight! Thank you

With sharing 8000 and giving judges money? Dey play....

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by GabrielYulaw(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
004gist:
as at now not a single dollar can be accessed through the black market. it's been sucked and skyrocketed..
I have few days to pay my school fees.

I have waited for cbn after applying since April then June they asked for tax clearance and it cost me 100k to get it. till now nothing.

I have been running from one Aboki to another all of them are helpless.
If you can give me dollar for 850 please face to face transaction in the east please indicate... meeting inside the bank

You go take Skrill?
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by sunboy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
Highways:

With sharing 8000 and giving judges money? Dey play....

Now you are changing the topic that has got absolutely nothing to do with forex.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Titogbanski: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
This not an innovation..these were the normal things done by Nkonjo Iweala under GEJ that kept the Naira stable for 4years and very low black-market margin of less than N10!!!!!

That is why everything was so cheap under GEJ until BAT and others teamed up to remove him and installed PMG...we can see the deliberate damage since May 2015.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by glojid: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
004gist:
as at now not a single dollar can be accessed through the black market. it's been sucked and skyrocketed..
I have few days to pay my school fees.

I have waited for cbn after applying since April then June they asked for tax clearance and it cost me 100k to get it. till now nothing.

I have been running from one Aboki to another all of them are helpless.
If you can give me dollar for 850 please face to face transaction in the east please indicate... meeting inside the bank

Sent to a PM
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by AustineE1: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Do we do selective listening to these "internationally acclaimed" experts? When the "internationally acclaimed" experts feom EU gave a report about our 2023 elections, there was a lot of furore about how biased they are. Are the "internationally acclaimed" economists not.also giving a biased evaluation of "Tinubuonomics"?
I'm surprise you could waste your Precious time to respond to that clown,his comment is only good for comic relief.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by crismark(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
joyandfaith:
Crap. Dollar is now #790. Story without data!!
Dollar is 821 grin

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by HNICEARTH: 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
Propaganda no dey fix economy.

USD is at NGN 788
BPS is at NGN1058

These rates shall favor me and my family

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Highways: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

Now you are changing the topic that has got absolutely nothing to do with forex.

The act of acquiring a mandate with substantial funds and having genuine intentions to utilize it for positive purposes is an unlikely scenario. Although this may seem unrelated to foreign exchange (Forex), there is an underlying connection between the two. Thank you for bringing up this point.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by sunboy(m): 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
Highways:

The act of acquiring a mandate with substantial funds and having genuine intentions to utilize it for positive purposes is an unlikely scenario. Although this may seem unrelated to foreign exchange (Forex), there is an underlying connection between the two. Thank you for bringing up this point.

What is the underling connection?

You people never wake up to reality that Tinubu is your president abi?

Continue looking for mandate wey no lost, even your candidate don accept Tinubu as his president lol

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Highways: 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

What is the underling connection?

You people never wake up to reality that Tinubu is your president abi?

Continue looking for mandate wey no lost, even your candidate don accept Tinubu as his president lol

A drug lord can't be my president.... Ciao

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
Israel07:

Do u really understand Economics?
Nah I'm only an Engineer who has survived working in the UK for almost 20 years ofcos damnnnn right I understand Economics.
the attachment below is yours one who understands Economics.Where is the Economics.ics ??

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by DesignMaestro(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
Nothing good can come from a druggie and a thief. False news
Is this what you wanna be doing with your life for the next eight years?

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by DesignMaestro(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
Reinaldo:

Indeed. 8k remittance cheesy cheesy cheesy
From

'Obi will win all the southeast and South South states plus Lagos and north central..'

to a full time trolling job on NL. I don't envy your state of mind right now sad
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

Use flutterewave, they accept naira to dollar and other currencies. Try Lemonade they accept naira to pounds. It’s not that hard like you made it sound.

first you will ask if your school receives such payment platform.

They have instructions they outlined. which you have to follow.

transfering over 5 to 8m no be beans I no want hear stories
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Etranshub(m): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
Working indeed... Just so you know it is 800naira to 1dollar today
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
9jatriot:
Hmmm okay.
Thanks for the info.

don't mind I was confused that afternoon. I later got dollars from someone and also I had to go into the banking hall, stood there n wait for anyone trying withdraw their Remittance so I buy.

I have successfully paid my fees. though what I paid is like 5m compared to 2.6 I suppose pay if It was form A rate of June last month before everything increased

this country no follow.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by sunboy(m): 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
004gist:

first you will ask if your school receives such payment platform.

They have instructions they outlined. which you have to follow.

transfering over 5 to 8m no be beans I no want hear stories

You could do flutterwave to family or friends that you trust, and pay the school? Or doing in bits, you don’t have to do all at once if you don’t trust their platform.

Bottom line is that we both agree that there’s options out there.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by sunboy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
Highways:

A drug lord can't be my president.... Ciao

Denounce your citizenship, you also have the right file asylum under the UN charter in Ghana, Somali, Togo or anywhere you like.
The options are there, stop distracting some of us that still believe in Nigeria.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

It’s one thing for forex to be available (this will attract investors and bring more flow, remember Emirate? That’s why they stop flying to Nigeria maybe they’d come back now)

Naira getting to 815 is another thing, naira is taking its true value, and not the artificial rate Buhari and Emefiele forcefully kept at 480 that made their friends stupendously rich. Now naira it’s taking its real value. That’s one step!

Next step is to improve our exports and that will help balance out trade which in turn make naira appreciate and that 815 will even drop in the long term if this government follow through on their campaign promise.

It won’t happen overnight, Buhari didn’t ruin naira overnight! Thank you
Howmany people do U think sends physical $$$$ to Nigeria?if I wire money to Nigerian via my app I get the naira equivalent on the day direct to my Nigerian bank account.so what are you saying?
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by sunboy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
erico2k2:

Howmany people do U think sends physical $$$$ to Nigeria?if I wire money to Nigerian via my app I get the naira equivalent on the day direct to my Nigerian bank account.so what are you saying?

Okay let me help, you just sent physical $$ to Nigeria too lol 😂 so people like you will send. Thank you for sending 😊
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
Ah, just as I thought.

The problem is now the high rate and not waiting for months waiting for CBN rate that was been exploited by a few elite guys.

I wish you the best in your education, start to de prepare ground for part time job wen you go do where you de go o... To send you money from here non go de easy again. Keep your profile low in the early days untii you start to find your foot.

The country has to follow my brother, I give your around 15 years of staying abroad and you will wish more than even those at home that the country becomes really good

004gist:

don't mind I was confused that afternoon. I later got dollars from someone and also I had to go into the banking hall, stood there n wait for anyone trying withdraw their Remittance so I buy.

I have successfully paid my fees. though what I paid is like 5m compared to 2.6 I suppose pay if It was form A rate of June last month before everything increased

this country no follow.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Makawhizzy: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
staga:
Liars.

Pound is now N1,000. What lies are these people peddling?
It’s selling above 1060 presently.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

Okay let me help, you just sent physical $$ to Nigeria too lol 😂 so people like you will send. Thank you for sending 😊
whats the point?? we use Naira not $$$ in Nigeria.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
Makawhizzy:

It’s selling above 1060 presently.
FYI

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by JagabanBorgu: 7:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
AustineE1:
Arrant nonsense!your Tinubu has succeded in ruining whatever positive is left of this country economically,never in the history of this nation that naira became so valueless and can only be compared to tissue papers, yes toilet papers. The masses are being strangulated in the worst form of economic hardship,the streets are empty of cars and SMEs that depend on fuel to power their businesses has almost all folded up.
while Some national clowns are online hyping the calamity of a president. Rather than going for better things,the online janitors and thugs are paid 30k stipends to continue with there online chorus.
Lièñus Obi and Atikulooter said they were coming to remove subsidy.
If they had done it, u would be happier right?
Streets are empty yet we keep getting stuck in traffic every single day.
Make una get small sènsè, u dón't like the president we agree, doñ't prèteñd u love d country.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by sunboy(m): 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
erico2k2:

whats the point?? we use Naira not $$$ in Nigeria.

Sorry I don’t have energy to start explaining how things work in real life. But to make it easy, if you send money to get naira in Nigeria you have effectively sent physical dollar to Nigeria. Thank you sir.

If you no believe it’s okay.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
9jatriot:
Ah, just as I thought.

The problem is now the high rate and not waiting for months waiting for CBN rate that was been exploited by a few elite guys.

I wish you the best in your education, start to de prepare ground for part time job wen you go do where you de go o... To send you money from here non go de easy again. Keep your profile low in the early days untii you start to find your foot.

The country has to follow my brother, I give your around 15 years of staying abroad and you will wish more than even those at home that the country becomes really good

thanks brother I appreciate.

as for the waiting days its still 120 days for school fees (maybe for those who don't have connection like me). the funny thing is that I know someone who got debited without his bank carrying out necessary processes and his school fee got processed within two weeks of applying.
there is a case of a lady that applied also. even when the rate of cbn has gone to 750, they debited her the next day she applied @ 600 naira.

that was when I lost hope.
that's Nigeria for you. as the person said someone in government the dad knows did it.

its well
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

You could do flutterwave to family or friends that you trust, and pay the school? Or doing in bits, you don’t have to do all at once if you don’t trust their platform.

Bottom line is that we both agree that there’s options out there.

my school only accept direct bank transfer or convera and debit card of which the debit card the bank said i can't transfer if I bought from Aboki and deposited. unless inflows.

I don't want to try other options cos the school are concerned about the source of funds most importantly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by sunboy(m): 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
004gist:

my school only accept direct bank transfer or convera and debit card of which the debit card the bank said i can't transfer if I bought from Aboki and deposited. unless inflows.

I don't want to try other options cos the school are concerned about the source of funds most importantly

Direct bank transfer is you sending flutterwave to your friends or family and have them make the direct bank transfer. Abi I no sabi English again ni ? All your school care about is getting their money and as long as you add your identifier in the payment reference you should be fine.

Alternatively, Contact your international student office and explain your situation to them, they will work with you.

Wo, you do you. No energy to dey emphasize on the obvious.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by AfonjaPriest: 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
tesppidd:
grin

Las Las to rule this country hard sha.

This country can humble anybody wey think say him be odogwu.

This country go humble Tinubu so tay him go know say Nigeria is not Lagos.

grin

I transformed Lagos, I did this in Lagos, I did that in Lagos.

Las Las Naija nor be Lagos.

grin
Exactly what happened to the minister of darkness. He made so much noise about having the Midas touch to solve our electricity problems. Anyhow, the power sector disgraced him, so that he got confused and ended up as a photographer with a primitive camera for consolation.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
joyandfaith:
Crap. Dollar is now #790. Story without data!!
DO YOU EXPECT BUHARI 8YRS RUINS TO BE REPAIRED IN FEW MONTHS? Be true to your self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara / Isaac Kamalu: Another pro-Wike Rivers Commissioner Rejects Redeployment, Resigns / I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.