Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria (25953 Views)

Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / Mr President, This Policy Is Anti-People - Wike To Buhari On New Naira (Video) / Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by DishaTom: 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
Ok
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Sablexxxtoons: 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
cheesy
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Buharidgeneral: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
#RenewedHope.

I dedicate “LCND” (Legends Can Never Die) by Davido to Jagaban. Great jam!

Are all these dedicated songs real?
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by bigiyaro(m): 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
How does it help the masses, cos the last time I checked, petrol was #580 and corn is #800/kg. Maybe the remmitances is straight into thier pockets
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Sharpsharp00123: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
Well, I will take this with a pinch of salt because I wanted to see the figures, but they didn't present any data.

By and large, this just looks like a promotional article telling readers what services those financial platforms provide.
typical Igbo

But if it’s bad news u don’t need figures

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by prophetfire: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
Well, I will take this with a pinch of salt because I wanted to see the figures, but they didn't present any data.

By and large, this just looks like a promotional article telling readers what services those financial platforms provide.
. When dollar is 815 this morning
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
Avoid scammer, use flutterwave, you just read it.
004gist:
as at now not a single dollar can be accessed through the black market. it's been sucked and skyrocketed..
I have few days to pay my school fees.

I have been running from one Aboki to another all of them are helpless.
If you can give me dollar for 850 please face to face transaction in the east please indicate... meeting inside the bank
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by david22uu(m): 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
joyandfaith:
Crap. Dollar is now #790. Story without data!!

please be sure

#825 as i type

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
grin grin

Even the OP knows this is propaganda at its finest! I'll come back and modify this comment so I can counter all the lies up there.

Modified: Flutterwave, Remitly and Paga are all online money transfer platforms, created to ease financial transactions between citizens of various countries. Owing to the recent difficulties encountered by Nigerians in diaspora, majority of whom are students, these platforms have recently taken steps to benefit from the failings of the CBN and other Nigerian banks in processing foreign exchange modalities. These platforms have recognised the apparent loopholes that have ultimately been laid bare by this administration's recent FX policy, and have swooped to take advantage of the lacuna so they can make profits as third party agents.

So for this OP, who by the way, is a die-hard Tinubu apologist, to lift a propaganda news write-up and table here, and deliberately seek to mislead the reading public that Tinubu's FX policy has attracted remittances from overseas, is not just the height of mischief, but an evident display of a government that is desperately grasping at straws and threads just to lend justification to policies and decisions that have so far, turned up detrimental results on the Nigerian populace.

If this was indeed the position of things, the OP or the article would have lucidly quoted detailed figures and statistics as to how much foreign remittances Nigeria has benefitted via these platforms. Rather, I have it on good personal record from a few acquaintances abroad, that flutterwave has indeed been very helpful for them to access funds in their domiciliary accounts over here in Nigerian banks.

The APC as a party has a notoriety for lies and nonchalant leadership. It is no surprise that their followers are toeing the same part and even modifying their tactics.

Irresponsible set of thieving charlatans and moronic misfits!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Rahkman: 12:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
Propaganda can never drive a nation

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Obakoolex(m): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
TearsOfHelinues:

Look for a job and be useful
But sincerely you no get life o
Be trolling somebody else as full time job. I no envy your life o
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by prophetfire: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
#RenewedHope.

I dedicate “LCND” (Legends Can Never Die) by Davido to Jagaban. Great jam!
. Mumu. It's renewing destruction. Dollar is 815 this morning.
A brother got his for 850.
Tell your bulaba blu tha he's destroying the country

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by cutedharmee: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
Wawu
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Basicend: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
Useless paid post. . Heartless thieves. .

His forex policies are absolutely immature . . Fool.

A dollar today is at #830. . Become even so undervalued.

No environment or system to create a demand for the naira. . So what do you expect next?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by ourunivibes(m): 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
004gist:
as at now not a single dollar can be accessed through the black market. it's been sucked and skyrocketed..

If you can give me dollar for 850 please face to face transaction in the east please indicate... meeting inside the bank
Inbox me i am in Abakaliki $600 available. We will met in the bank at water works UBa
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by godwon01(m): 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
Only God will deliver us from all this policy that doesn't benefit common man on the streets.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by FireUpNow(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Scam and lies will not save the drowning economy. How much is common egg in your area? No data to back up this claim? Cheap propaganda flying up and down. All na audio
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by nedekid: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
joyandfaith:
Exactly.
Until we see an appreciation in the naira against the dollar, pounds etc, all is story. They do not need to lecture us with big big grammar of how funds are comming in due to their economic dexterity.
We will know when we go to aboki, bank, trade, buy eg airline tickets etc and see naira has become eg 350 to 1 $.
On a brighter side, if they are genuine with their claims, it is a great development and will have positive effect on the naira after a while.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by zoghys: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
004gist:

Use tribapay, no need for this endless wahala.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
This has to be a lie. Oga enter the banking hall with your money and see if the bank will not credit your dom account with the forex equivalent.
004gist:

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
lexylaw09:
How nice, thank God
Are you sure?cos all these CEOs are just looking after their own interest
Pounds is now £1065.This is the highest it has ever been since Nigeria was created.So they all want to catch in.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Antiurchins: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
Majority of the APC supporters re online warriors off line beggars and hungry. U voted a man that was part and parcel of APC government that destroyed Nigeria completely and you are expecting miracles Na them go suffer and beg. They have already started crying all over the internet. Don't mind what they normally say online oooo.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
9jatriot:
This has to be a lie. Oga enter the banking hall with your money and see if the bank will not credit your dom account with the forex equivalent.

since April 10th I have been waiting till now.
I have done tax clearance that cost me 100k which is a requirement they introduced last two month
no show

note I had applied since May 5th the bank said they can only do 5k dollar and I had to cancel then reapply

many people are stranded as I speak..

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by iyke2frankeze: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2023
Who wouldn't want to remit dollar now that the Dolla price has tripled. They want to make profit within Tinubu's interim regime.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2023
9jatriot:
why say LIE?the forex market is Dead.U camt even buy $10. f I cam buy frm CBN.the way it is flying $ will soon be N1k
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2023
Una just no wan rest with all this media whitewashing! grin

We will begin to praise Tinubu when:

The poverty level begins to fall rapidly
Federal Government Expenditure is halved or substantially reduced
Corruption massively declines across sectors starting from the Executive and Legislature
Standard of Living rises in tandem with Living Costs
A total ban is placed on Medical Tourism for all elected leaders starting from Mr. President

Etc... Etc... cool
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Mindlog: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
staga:
Liars.

Pound is now N1,000. What lies are these people peddling?

Not N1, 000, I remitted £1,000 this morning via Lemonade Finance and I got credited N1,048,000, so it is N1,048 per pound.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Rumobaba: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
joyandfaith:

Nor mind them, Most Nigerians are dumb ass.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
iyke2frankeze:
Who wouldn't want to remit dollar now that the Dolla price has tripled. They want to make profit within Tinubu's interim regime.
How does me remiting $£ give me profit??Think about it and
xplain plzzzzz
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
So a Cleaner in Canada has More economic value than a Doctor in Nigeria.... Do I need to clap?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tanko Almakura & Wife Visit Buhari In London (Photos) / To What Extent Do People In Africa Rely On Police For Assistance? / New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.