Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,408 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria (25913 Views)

Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / Mr President, This Policy Is Anti-People - Wike To Buhari On New Naira (Video) / Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by EPIJOE: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
NA WA O, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME FOLKS EXPECT INSTANT MIRACLE TO HAPPEN. AND ALL THE PROBLEMS OF THE COUNTRY TO BE SOLVED AT ONES.

BECAUSE YOUR CANDIDATE ISN'T THE PRESIDENT, YOU SEE NO GOOD IN THE ONGOING ADMINISTRATION, YOU ALREADY CONDEMNED THE GOVT. EVEN FROM GET GO.

A MESSAGE FOR YOU ALL. GOD WOULD PUT U ALL TO SHAME.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
ECIDSGO:
ECIDSGO:
Jokers undecided undecided undecided undecided. In coming months Naira will be about 800 to 1 dollars . Pounds sterling is currently 985 to 1 Pounds

you joking right? its 1065
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by descarado: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
Mindlog:

Not N1, 000, I remitted £1,000 this morning via Lemonade Finance and I got credited N1,048,000, so it is N1,048 per pound.

What is going on?
More than 1k for a pound?
I mean, how did we reach here
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
EPIJOE:
NA WA O, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME FOLKS EXPECT INSTANT MIRACLE TO HAPPEN. AND ALL THE PROBLEMS OF THE COUNTRY TO BE SOLVED AT ONES.

BECAUSE YOUR CANDIDATE ISN'T THE PRESIDENT, YOU SEE NO GOOD IN THE ONGOING ADMINISTRATION, YOU ALREADY CONDEMNED THE GOVT. EVEN FROM GET GO.

U dey call God for politics grow up plzzz
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by descarado: 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2023
EPIJOE:

So there were problems before?
You guys said buhari was excellento.
How did you come about this problems now cos we don't have any during buhari tenure.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
MRMRMR:

I guess u don't understand basic economics that's y you are exposing ur ignorance in public.
Take time to listen to internationally acclaimed economists on Jagaban policies b4 typing. So many ignorant pple criticizing policy they know nothing about. What a shame!

Do we do selective listening to these "internationally acclaimed" experts? When the "internationally acclaimed" experts from EU gave a report about our 2023 elections, there was a lot of furore about how biased they are. Are the "internationally acclaimed" economists not.also giving a biased evaluation of "Tinubuonomics"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
now its N1070 to the £
no point buying anything from the UK hencefort
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Nicerazor(m): 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
How much dollars do you need? I'm not in Naija though but I can have you meet a friend or family member till transaction is completed.
004gist:
as at now not a single dollar can be accessed through the black market. it's been sucked and skyrocketed..
I have few days to pay my school fees.

I have waited for cbn after applying since April then June they asked for tax clearance and it cost me 100k to get it. till now nothing.

I have been running from one Aboki to another all of them are helpless.
If you can give me dollar for 850 please face to face transaction in the east please indicate... meeting inside the bank
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
9jatriot:
Since a single window was opened, you can walk into your bank and request for USD and you will get.
This your old request is no longer valid as CBN no longer gives USD.

The day is still young and banks haven't closed, enter bank today and come and update this thread.

grin u sabi ague when has cbn been giving usd. stop arguing what u don't know anything about

they rather they pay directly to ur school... through form a

Please don't defend what u don't know.

1 Share

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Badgers14: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
tesppidd:
grin

Las Las to rule this country hard sha.

This country can humble anybody wey think say him be odogwu.

This country go humble Tinubu so tay him go know say Nigeria is not Lagos.

grin

I transformed Lagos, I did this in Lagos, I did that in Lagos.

Las Las Naija nor be Lagos.

grin

Remember Lagos was the Capital until Dec 1991 and Tinubu came to power in 1999.. just under 8 years after moving the capital from Lagos to FCT.

So Lagos was still sound in infrastructure (compared to other states in the country)..

So Tinubu built on top of that..

Now the country was in shambles and he took power... country - 36 states have been backwards in the last 8 years..

Compared to lagos that was way ahead of its peers when Tinubu took over as the governor 8 years after the capital was moved from Lagos to FCT.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by tesppidd: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
Badgers14:

Remember Lagos was the Capital until Dec 1991 and Tinubu came to power in 1999.. just under 8 years after moving the capital from Lagos to FCT.

So Lagos was still sound in infrastructure (compared to other states in the country)..

So Tinubu built on top of that..

Now the country was in shambles and he took power... country - 36 states have been backwards in the last 8 years..

Compared to lagos that was way ahead of its peers when Tinubu took over as the governor 8 years after the capital was moved from Lagos to FCT.

That's my point.

Him don jam beta work.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Thomas464: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
[Stop wasting time with these Nigerian banks. Download Pyypl (a dubai based bank) you can fund via binance pay. Use P2P on binance to buy BUSD. from there you can fund your Pyypl account. Request a virtual card and can also request a physical card. Once you have funded, you can use ur card details to pay school fees up to 10k USD and more.
For further details, contact me on +905338618834 (whatapp) or direct call
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Styluss: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
I am in same situation as you are, just than mine is in GBP
I really dont know what to do

004gist:
as at now not a single dollar can be accessed through the black market. it's been sucked and skyrocketed..

I have waited for cbn after applying since April then June they asked for tax clearance and it cost me 100k to get it. till now nothing.

If you can give me dollar for 850 please face to face transaction in the east please indicate... meeting inside the bank
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Jeffyblaq(m): 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
Do you all know that 1 US Dollar =11.5GHS (Ghana cedis) 🤔

keep promoting rubbish every now and then..☹️

Nonsense 😔
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Prince111111: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
Ahmed0336:

Wetin dey work you self with all these songs you're dedicating in various threads? undecided
na idleness of the highest order my brother..just leave the guy with his cry cry dedication🤣🤣🤣
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by routed: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
joyandfaith:
Crap. Dollar is now #790. Story without data!!

Naira has been gaining momentum since Tuesday.
Don't go and invest, continue waiting for your nation to collapse?
Someone is exporting grinded pepper and smiling to bank with huge earnings.
Instead of going to buy Nigeria made shoes in Aba and export to neighboring african countries and earn big as Naira is presently undervalued, continue to dey complain and waste away your opportunity because of your bitterness.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by onuman: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
Bunkum of propaganda for Tinubu.
Weak Naira means weakness of domestic production that requires foreign imput.
What are they remitting from abroad that can turn Nigeria's economy positive?
You don't even allow those doing the remittances from abroad to vote in Nigeria's presidential election. Because they are mostly from the southern regions of Nigeria.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2023
routed:

Naira has been gaining momentum since Tuesday.
Don't go and invest, continue waiting for your nation to collapse?
Someone is exporting grinded pepper and smiling to bank with huge earnings.
Instead of going to buy Nigeria made shoes in Aba and export to neighboring african countries and earn big as Naira is presently undervalued, continue to dey complain and waste away your opportunity because of your bitterness.
U must still be living with your mother and paying No bills

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Israel07: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
Dollar is 803 on Exness... I can't relate shaa, forex trading keeps me afloat.
Seun n his goons of ethnoreligious bigots keeps promoting nonsense.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by barikay: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
004gist:

I have knowledge I can get any amount I want for you yet I do not have a single $
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
Jeffyblaq:
Do you all know that 1 US Dollar =11.5GHS (Ghana cedis) 🤔

keep promoting rubbish every now and then..☹️

Nonsense 😔
GH rounded their money.its worst than Naira in its Real sense.Imagine having N1000000 in your nan and one day govt says you value of naira in the bank is now N100.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2023
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
Hmmm okay.
Thanks for the info.

004gist:

grin u sabi ague when has cbn been giving usd. stop arguing what u don't know anything about

they rather they pay directly to ur school... through form a

Please don't defend what u don't know.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by barikay: 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
Styluss:
I am in same situation as you are, just than mine is in GBP
I really dont know what to do

drop your contact I will teach you a method to use but I pay me
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by maasoap(m): 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
tesppidd:
Increased remittance.

😁😁😁

Increased remittance to the pockets of big men..
To poor homes. To the unemployed who are family of the ones sending money. For projects development of the ones sending the money. Dummy!
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by sunboy(m): 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
004gist:

Use flutterewave, they accept naira to dollar and other currencies. Try Lemonade they accept naira to pounds. It’s not that hard like you made it sound.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Israel07: 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
erico2k2:

GH rounded their money.its worst than Naira in its Real sense.Imagine having N1000000 in your nan and one day govt says you value of naira in the bank is now N100.

Do u really understand Economics?
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by plaindealer: 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
princeade86:
All these don't have effect in the live of masses. Stop giving fake hope.

If na you den send money to, you no go spew that rubbish.

Abi who do you think they send the money to? Ghosts?

Billions of dollars sent to Nigeria is mostly for family support aka the masses.

Some of it goes to architects, contractors, vendors to build houses and so on.

Stop thinking like a brain dead human being.
Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by sunboy(m): 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
Highways:
Okay... Make Una continue dey hype the drug Lord.... Very soon he will return the mandate and INEc chairman will be jailed....

Dollar is 815 today

It’s one thing for forex to be available (this will attract investors and bring more flow, remember Emirate? That’s why they stop flying to Nigeria maybe they’d come back now)

Naira getting to 815 is another thing, naira is taking its true value, and not the artificial rate Buhari and Emefiele forcefully kept at 480 that made their friends stupendously rich. Now naira it’s taking its real value. That’s one step!

Next step is to improve our exports and that will help balance out trade which in turn make naira appreciate and that 815 will even drop in the long term if this government follow through on their campaign promise.

It won’t happen overnight, Buhari didn’t ruin naira overnight! Thank you

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by mAskA78(m): 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
004gist:

Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by Styluss: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
Thank you for your help but I will prefer to do everything here. The communication and all as most of my time is spent on the computer and I have NLnd signed in. If you need me to pay, you can discuss your price here and you can share the method.
Thanks
barikay:
drop your contact I will teach you a method to use but I pay me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From The Burial Of Margaret Umahi, Governor David Umahi's Mother / Nigeria Is Not A Free Country, North Control Affairs; Stop Lying– FFK Explodes / Why We Attacked Our Lawmakers In Funtua, Katsina - An Eye Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.