Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel (17465 Views)

New Minimum Wage To Take Effect From May 1, 2024 – FG / FG Pledges To Increase Minimum Wage Of Workers / President Buhari Signs 2019 Budget Of N8.91trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Ayo25: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2023
If your brain is not paining you, you would find that you only echoed what i shared. Why you would quote me to share the same sentiment as i did yet still fired a shot at me is whay i dont know
SemperFid:

70bn naira to NASS is a perfect understanding of economics.

35 bn naira to legislature is a perfect understanding of economics.

100k to a poor miserable bastard means lack of understanding of economics.

Love for oppressor, hate for self.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by egoldman(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2023
helinues:

Who initiated the borrowing?

Did they tie Tinubu hand that he must proceed with the loan?
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by greatness77: 9:25am On Jul 16, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Don't mind him! Very wicked soul!

He has forgotten that the min wage was once ₦1000

So how did it go from ₦1,000 to ₦20,000 now? Is it not through series of successive increments?

Left for that Wicked soul minimum wage might probably still be ₦1000 in the face of flying sky-high inflation and relentless devaluation of naira.
bro I'm tired of these people, I don't know why some people chose to be extremely I mean very extremely wicked, I've seen some people that their Boss is paying 15k per month and they will work from 6am till 8:30pm and also on holidays at this critical and trying time, people are very wicked

1 Like

Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by StPete: 9:26am On Jul 16, 2023
helinues:

Who initiated the borrowing?

The way you defend bad policies, it would be so embarrassing for your parents if they are alive, or they’d probably be rolling in their graves out of shame 🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Omootayo123(m): 9:28am On Jul 16, 2023
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Mcslize: 9:28am On Jul 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Is this not the prophet who claim tinubu will lose?

Of course, he will lose at the tribunal. He will just be in Aso rock for 6 months. After that, he will be kicked out.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Invest4growth: 9:29am On Jul 16, 2023
How on earth can a government give the citizens N2000 per week. Yet charge N2,500 per week.on.electricity. Yet want to stop corruption. How is that going to be possible. In this same country, few privileged people will be paid N25million per month for the next six months. And you want political thuggery and killings to stop and you are making political office sweet to be the ultimate. We are in another irresponsible and corrupt government
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by yemex04(m): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2023
Increase wages is cool but it has to be done in a way that it will not trigger further the inflation.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2023
Omootayo123:
This country is a scam! pray to leave for greener pasture soon.
Exactly
The best decision.

Nigeria as presently constituted is designed now exclusively for themselves and their children.

1 Like

Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by yemex04(m): 9:35am On Jul 16, 2023
sofeo:
Tinubu should be smarter than this now, Just increase minimum wage instead of some foolish palliatives.

Actually, plans are underway to increase minimum wage as championed by the President himself when the NGF visited him... I am sure the palliative meant for the most vulnerable has nothing to do with minimum wage increments... infact members of the organized Labor aren't targeted in this.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Skepticus: 9:36am On Jul 16, 2023
Hopemanfx:
inflation loading why will you take salary to 100k from 30k.. for what reason?

The inflation rate keep rising every month without an increase in salary for years.

So, you see this your bullshiiiit outdated crap about inflation, installed into your head from secondary school economics don't cut it anymore.

They should increase this minimum wage and move on.

1 Like

Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Skepticus: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2023
Tonnierichy:
It'll result in inflation. Very counter productive. If the government can make prices of farm produce cheaper, people will relax and let the government work. When food is taken care of, the rest na smallz.

The inflation rate keep rising every month without an increase in salary for years.

So, you see this your bullshiiiit outdated crap about inflation, installed into your head from secondary school economics don't cut it anymore.

They should increase this minimum wage and move on.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:39am On Jul 16, 2023
yemex04:
Increase wages is cool but it has to be done in a way that it will not trigger further the inflation.
It should have been done incrementally in phases long ago. It is not too late.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by SemperFid: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2023
Ayo25:
If your brain is not paining you, you would find that you only echoed what i shared. Why you would quote me to share the same sentiment as i did yet still fired a shot at me is whay i dont know

I don't understand how God take create some of una. Love thy neighbor as you love yourself does not apply because una no even love unaselves at all.

I just don't understand the kind mistake God make.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by chatinent: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2023
The ₦8k is another TraderMonie in disguise. It's the same motive to siphon billions.

You are free to attack me. I don’t normally mind. But how many of your know somebody who knows someone who knows someone who got the TraderMonie?

But stats they uploaded suggested it got to almost all Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Successmind(m): 9:45am On Jul 16, 2023
Baba fighting for tithes.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by 900warriorz: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2023
sofeo:
Tinubu should be smarter than this now, Just increase minimum wage instead of some foolish palliatives.
Increase minimum wage and put us into a Spiral inflation?

If minimum wage is increased, it means purchasing power will increased which will bring about increased demand. Increased demand will force prices up and inflation will persist. The suppose increase in minimum wage will now loose it's effect on prices and as you know, prices in Nigeria only goes up. It never comes down.

2 Likes

Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by meetme01: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2023
Repair our refineries with 500B and buy shares with 8K for those poor of the poorest.

We don't have data. 8K will go back to the pockets of politicians, rich and middle class instead of the poor.

Our Governors are retard and archaic.

What will it cost them to acquire lands, sell to civil servants at reasonable price, deduct from their salary and also borrow them money to build or dicuss with mortgage banks to build at a reasonable price. Their service number will be attached to a plot sold and if you buy more or you are caught, you pay heavily.

Cist of housing will reduce, business will thrive,, open more locations and areas for expansion. The economy of the state will boom because home investors will key into and money circulates

All they need do is pay pensioners and increase the salary of civil servants to like 50 or 60K.

3 Likes

Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Reference(m): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2023
When this nation was serially warned about borrowing and the consequences on the economy some forum economic experts said it did not matter. That all nations borrowed and compared our debts to that of G20 countries.

Well today, we barely have enough revenue to run the economy while G20 countries are powering out of their own challenges and gradually lowering inflation.

Today, having misled their pet government they are here and unashamedly at it again, talking about things they know little about just to sound politically correct and fan the embers of their incendiary sentiment. Just look at the economy they have crafted.

So where has all the borrowings gone, where is the productivity it has generated, where are the jobs it created, where are the businesses it established....because when you invest you should be able to reap in hard times. That is what borrowings abroad does to their economies, it pulls them out of difficult spots or it creates a bulwark ahead of difficult times to come.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by cunny88(m): 9:50am On Jul 16, 2023
Houseontherock1:

Increasing minimum wage will benefit everyone. Traders have already increased the price of commodities but sales have dropped seriously because people don't have money to buy. Artisans and other service providers are complaining because of low patronage. Once salary is reviewed upwards, there'll be more patronage for service providers, traders and commercial motorists will make more money. That way, they benefit from the salary increase even though they are not salary earners. As for the unemployed, friends and family will ha6 more money to help them while they look for job. 8k is nothing
how about dos employed in the private sector how do dey benefit, mind u d % of civil servants compared to dos in the private sector is infinitesimal
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Shantyken(m): 9:51am On Jul 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Is this not the prophet who claim tinubu will lose?

He wants more tithe in his church
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by AmVeryOk: 9:51am On Jul 16, 2023
Houseontherock1:

Increasing minimum wage will benefit everyone. Traders have already increased the price of commodities but sales have dropped seriously because people don't have money to buy. Artisans and other service providers are complaining because of low patronage. Once salary is reviewed upwards, there'll be more patronage for service providers, traders and commercial motorists will make more money. That way, they benefit from the salary increase even though they are not salary earners. As for the unemployed, friends and family will ha6 more money to help them while they look for job. 8k is nothing Business Card
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Shantyken(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is eyeneck president select.

And there is nothing God cannot do.
God gives INEC power to declare him winner
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Unperturbedpota: 9:53am On Jul 16, 2023
Emola12:
you can also call Dem Ekwensu or EWU

Why are you a Yoruba man trying to bring tribalism here?
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by meum: 9:53am On Jul 16, 2023
SemperFid:

70 bn for NASS plus their salaries and allowances is not too much

35 bn for legislature plus their salaries and allowances is not too much

100k for poor miserable bastard is too much.

Love for oppressor, hate for self.
Oga be calming down. Dem go quote economics for you on top that 100k. Besides the present NLC leaders can’t fight for the 100k neither can they fight against what you are screaming about. So be calming down.😂
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2023
900warriorz:
Increase minimum wage and put us into a Spiral inflation?

If minimum wage is increased, it means purchasing power will increased which will bring about increased demand. Increased demand will force prices up and inflation will persist. The suppose increase in minimum wage will now loose it's effect on prices and as you know, prices in Nigeria only goes up. It never comes down.
Why does inflation and prices always goes up?

It is due tocontinued currency devaluation. The smart thing to have done was to have increased min wage incrementally in phases at intervals of say maybe quarterly basis or Monthly basis to checkmate inflation.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by meum: 9:57am On Jul 16, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

It is not too much, remember that the recent devaluation of naira, means much more naira to play with after forex has been converted to local currency.
I know this but who will fight for the 100k minimum wage? Is it the present leaders of NLC? I doubt. That’s why I said it’s even too much sef. Dat they should use the Church & Mosque mind to add 75% - 100% across board
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by ceejayluv(m): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2023
marvellous2222:
Increments is not the solution, but to ensure the money is more valuable or have value in the market
Spot - On. We can decide to be increasing the wage, printing money whilst drowning in inflation And End up like Zimbabwe of years ago where a loaf of bread was 10 Million Zim dollars.
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by ceejayluv(m): 9:59am On Jul 16, 2023
meum:

Oga be calming down. Dem go quote economics for you on top that 100k. Besides the present NLC leaders can’t fight for the 100k neither can they fight against what you are screaming about. So be calming down.😂
The government is already borrowing to pay salaries as it is. Not feasible
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by meum: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2023
GorillaApp:

Even 50k will be appreciated honestly.
Your head dey dia! They should use percentage so that they can implement it based on one’s take home pay
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by YouAreNobody: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2023
femisplash:
Olodo man, he doesn't understand the meaning of palliatives.
He's an olodo? I thought Yorubas respect their elders or is it only when the elder dances to their discordant tunes?
Re: Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel by Deparadox(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2023
Omooba77:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/increase-minimum-wage-to-n100000-instead-of-n8000-palliatives-primate-ayodele-tells-tinubu/

I thought tinubu is a smart person, but he's Rather another dumb ass.
How can a country with this population be sharing 8k ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal / Over 5000 Bags Of Rice Rots Away In Nigerian Customs Warehouse. / Fayemi Congratulates Akeredolu On Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.