Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,444 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) (35323 Views)

What's This On My Thighs & Under My Scrotum? Please Help (Viewers Discretion) / My Dick Is Bringing Out Pus / My Penis Discharges Pus, What Could That Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Myati: 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2023
webincomeplus:

This is bullous impetigo. Buy Mupirocin cream from the pharmacy and apply on the area. It will heal up within days. Otherwise, you will keep wasting money until it gets worse. It doesn't respond to other topical antibiotics.

Also, act fast, so it doesn't disseminate through the blood. That would be worse!

PS. I'm a medical doctor.

You're right! Most likely bullous impetigo. However, OP mentioned that they have tried treating with antibiotics and it's not been responsive. As much as impetigo has a low systemic absorption, (hence topical abx preferred), Bullous is quite a stubborn one and it may be worth trying an oral abx with a better systemic absorption such as cefalexin.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by dandollaz: 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
This happen to my son early this year.its called edema or so.im not a doctor.look for the cream mupirocin but the magic is bathing him with hot/warm water and salt.pop the water out from the sour when bathing.dont panic it will go.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by nnadychuks(m): 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:
Please doctors in the house, for some weeks now my 4yr old son has this recurring boils on his back and armpit, when I burst them, it brings out a pus like substance and form a sore. I went to the hospital, the doctor said it was a bacteria infection and I was giving some antibiotics, yet so far no tangible results. Please I need your assistance
now This is what you should do:
1. Change his bedsheets and wash his clothes more frequently.
2. Bath him 2-3 times daily with antiseptic
3. Press out his pus
4. Give him antibiotics (augmentin most preferably)
5. Be more cautious of his school environment. See how tidy the place is.
it’s worm infection, commonly caused by untidiness.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by webincomeplus(m): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
Myati:

You're right! Most likely bullous impetigo. However, OP mentioned that they have tried treating with antibiotics and it's not been responsive. As much as impetigo has a low systemic absorption, (hence topical abx preferred), Bullous is quite a stubborn one and it may be worth trying an oral abx with a better systemic absorption such as cefalexin.
Yeah, when it's still not beyond the "topical" level, mupirocin should do, and that's about the only topical antibiotic that works. Well, he didn't mention the "antibiotics". Could be irrelevant ones that have no business with this kind of infection.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by DrAda(f): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
Bullous impetigo.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by jubrilELsudan: 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
LIKE WHY CAN'T YOU TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL?

KEEP BURSTING IT TILL IT TURNS INTO SKIN CANCER

Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Biletaste(m): 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
That's ring worm. See a paediatric or a dermatologist.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2023
That is Ringworm and is contagious. Use Whitfield ointment or see a dermatologist.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Menclothing: 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
Do well to treat early faster
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Kennyquestt: 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
Use penicillin ointment

1 Like

Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Sunmolar(m): 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2023
Rub original honey. Take garlic.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Fretchy: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:
Please doctors in the house, for some weeks now my 4yr old son has this recurring boils on his back and armpit, when I burst them, it brings out a pus like substance and form a sore. I went to the hospital, the doctor said it was a bacteria infection and I was giving some antibiotics, yet so far no tangible results. Please I need your assistance

That's ring worm.. it will always spread
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by MrDoGood(m): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:

It's caused by cockroach 🪳 bite.

The fastest solution is gbogbonise

Try it and thank me later.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by WHITELIGHTER: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ringworm wey do all of us, Na u dey fear for now? Antibiotics for kids will dry it off
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by mordred44: 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Dat is wot Yoruba ppl call lapa lapa
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by mordred44: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
accordadoga26:
Looks like lapalapa..

Look for ewe lapalapa and scrub that thing off with it.
use dis leave and thank dis man later.... Dats d antidote
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Spicywify: 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
Bacterial infection. Most likely impetigo. Your doctor is right. Continue with the prescriptions he gave you.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by drdeath: 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:
--Get Fluconazole 10mg/ml or 50mg/5ml.
Give 10mls once on the first day and 5mls once daily for to he next 5 days
--Get syrup cefuroxime 125mg/5ml give 10mls twice daily for 10 days.
--Get syrup azithromycin 200mg/5ml give 5ml once daily for 6 days.
---Get ABF-3 CREAM and apply to the sore area 6hrly for 7 days
Through the grace of God,your kid will be okay.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by itsene: 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2023
Change the diet ASAP and reduce portions.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by BackFromBalablu: 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:
what are the other symptoms apart from the boil and pus.
Does it itch your child?
And does it get red occasionally.

And has your child hard chicken pox or measles before?
It's nt something to panic about!
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by kiddkash(m): 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:
Have your child being immunised from measles?
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by drsibz66(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:

That is classical impetigo.. its a bacteria Infection that's starts with vesicles or pustules and then crust . It's very infectious and starts usually around the mouth or face. Occasionally from other parts of the body back or loin region.

Causavative organism is staphylococcus aureus or streptococcal pyogenese

Treatment ... Mupirocin ointment or fusidic ointment + oral syrup flucloxacillin.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Coolgent(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:

My child of similar ages suffered from the same thing early this year, he was treated with antibiotics both syrup and cream
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Ezechimaobim(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
Sonofthemoon:
If it isn't something out of the ordinary then it is MRSA infection or an increase in other types of staph bacteria in the body. If he has several boils in the same place, he may be developing a carbuncle.
Where are you located
Might be able to help
You said something interesting, I will like to talk to you.
Can I get your WhatsApp?
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by uchetom(f): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
Use biocin or lycomycin to treat the boil add flagil too.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by latiephwald(m): 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
accordadoga26:
Looks like lapalapa..

Look for ewe lapalapa and scrub that thing off with it.

Do this
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by tagborume: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
This is also on my children's body.

It spreads fast and it's contagious.

They said it's caused by Kokoro Inu Eje. We bought Agunmu Kokoro inueje and nnru. And it's drying off.
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Akerewe(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:

This is not strange oo, it's called inaarun in Yoruba nd it's curable
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by FrankGiel: 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:
I'm not sure if this will be helpful. I never used to have boils until suddenly in 2019 I had reoccuring boils almost every month..
First thing I'll advise is, you need to check if he has changed his Soap.. Use an antiseptic soap, it worked for me.. For the boils, forget all the expensive meds, it didn't work.. I just used ampliclox by Beecham.. it worked like magic..

I hope this works for you
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Zitodaillegal(m): 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:
Doctor tell you something you say e no work who re we to give prescriptions again??...may the Lord heal the young lad
Re: Strange Recurring Boil Pus On My Child's Back (Viewers Discretion) by Gptins(m): 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maravilla:

You can reach out to me I can help but you have to send your email

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. / Church Usher Commits Suicide After Accused Of Defiling His Neighbour's Daughter / Now Available In Nigeria - Fertilaid For Women & Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.