Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities (6686 Views)

Dating Older Women VS Dating Young Girls / Most Married Women In Lagos Are Dating Young Men Without Their Husbands Knowing / Few Hard Lessons I Have Learnt About Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2023
Shout out to Draslo for this:

1. In Lagos, a date to go see a movie will cost you more than 15k.
That's if she's modest and willing to move around by public transportation. Note that 15k is 30 (very valuable) litres of petrol.

2. Unfortunately, a vast majority of our girls are not modest. Why? Because a date is seen as an escape from their real life.

For example, listen to the expectations of the fat girl in this video and ask yourself why would any young man want to date someone with such entitlement. For those wondering why men don't take Nigerian women seriously, this is why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3-QfauWpew

This is why even after you've spent 30k on a date with a Nigerian girl who has gone around a lot, she can still end up tagging you a stingy man. And most girls share her beliefs.

3. A lot of women now measure a man by his material success.
It's become worse in Nigeria because today, people who brandish monies from illegal means are being celebrated online and offline. They are positioning themselves as influencers and role models. They are also standards set by unsuspecting women as their ideal partner.

4. Dating in the actual sense in Nigeria in 2023 should be ignored for those that haven't found their feet first.Imagine not owning a property or a vehicle and spending 20-30k per date at least 10 times a year.

what are your thoughts on the article and the video?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 6:31am On Jul 16, 2023
Just remember that na who get money dey date smiley

The debate on who pays on the first date has even made matters worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhvLmz8F7NM

1 Like

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 7:08am On Jul 16, 2023
There are friends that will spend 200k on lunch with a woman they will sleep with probably just once without realising that they're ruining the girl for the next guy and also for herself because she will spend/waste the rest of her life looking for that same standard.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 7:10am On Jul 16, 2023
A friend gave his exgirlfriend 350k+ because she wanted to buy a new phone, the said phone apparently costs over 800k.

She called him stingy. The original narrator of this story (draslo) was infuriated, like, wtaf?! He's a catch so he rarely has to impress women. It's usually the other way around even though they won't spend shishi.

It's even worse because a lot of girls are into hookups like is being discussed in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v-PXdeL2tc
Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Zigzagman: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2023
Dimaya:
There are friends that will spend 200k on lunch with a woman they will sleep with probably just once without realising that they're ruining the girl for the next guy and also for herself because she will spend/waste the rest of her life looking for that same standard.

nna men. what's wrong with all these guys

6 Likes

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 16, 2023
Y'all wanna be dating your fellow men now? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Zigzagman: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2023
Jazmine10:
Y'all wanna be dating your fellow men now? undecided

My take:
1. A lack of good job will definitely put you out of the dating selection pool

2. Women worldwide knows that he who pays the piper dictate the tunes. if you're or bucks'ed up, forget about chasing the box. grin

3. If as a man for any reason u earn less than ur dating partner, she will start looking for someone who earns more

4. If at the beginning u were earning more and somehow by twist of faith she begins to earn more, same rule applies, u will still loose ur spot in her life.

5. Women these days have equated submissiveness with u having to provide. know this and know peace.

6. Women are the same worldwide! If u think u will leave one because of the above reasons, I can tell u for free that u are a joker

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2023
Fair enough. So what should the men do now? Date trees? As per number 5, nature made man the giver and the woman the receiver. It goes beyond money. The man for some reson is the provider, protector etc and somehow you men set the standards so why complain? Recently, i saw online a man mocking his wife of 10years comparing her with Tiwa Savage and how well taken care of Tiwa looks. Mind you this woman is by no means "fat".Tiwa savage as a single woman is making money, maybe this woman has access to the kind of money Tiwa has or not but she's in her husbands house and the man who ought to be the provider is publicly shaming his wife when apparently he has failed in his primary duty but still has the effrontery to shame his wife before the entire world which brings us back to your number 3. "If she starts earning more you will lose your spot in her life" If that woman chooses to leave that man for some reason to live a better life men will say women are this women are that. All the while the woman's been with thean when he even can't take care of her and this same man is shaming how publicly how she looks. Wetin una men want sef gan gan?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by wirinet(m): 9:33am On Jul 16, 2023
All these ladies with specs, See their mouth, " my specs are tall, handsome, rich, has a nice job, Christian, God fearing, etc. How many such men do they think is available in Nigeria and even the whole world? Very soon they will be like Nigerian girls in Europe who are the ones that pay for the guys transport to come to their house, cook for them, nack them well and pay their transport back him.

Watch the lamentations of a nigerian girl in Germany below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljwqofrqGbU

Imagine a girl that her father cannot afford to spend N30k on her and cannot earn N30k will demand a guy spend 300k on a first date.

Many of these girls will enter menopause without having a serious boyfriend not to talk of a husband.

10 Likes

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by JobAndVacancies: 9:40am On Jul 16, 2023
Dimaya:
You nailed it

1 Like

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by wirinet(m): 9:47am On Jul 16, 2023
Zigzagman:

My take:

2. Women worldwide knows that he who pays the piper dictate the tunes. if you're or bucks'ed up, forget about chasing the box. grin

3. If as a man for any reason u earn less than ur dating partner, she will start looking for someone who earns more

4. If at the beginning u were earning more and somehow by twist of faith she begins to earn more, same rule applies, u will still loose ur spot in her life.

5. Women these days have equated submissiveness with u having to provide. know this and know peace.

6. Women are the same worldwide! If u think u will leave one because of the above reasons, I can tell u for free that u are a joker

You are still living in the 18th century, where women roles were in the kitchen, Bedroom and laundry room . Even in Conservative Muslim societies, that mentality only applies to the poor helpless masses, the elites empower their daughters with good education and good jobs.

In the 21st century, women have the same opportunities that men have. Women have been presidents/prime ministers of other nations, C.E.Os of multinational cooperations and captains of industries. Its only Nigerian women that have such entitlement mentality, you would think they are physically and mentally disabled.

I dated a US based girl in my youth, I took her to double 4 on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi. When the bill came she offered to pay her own bill, she said that's how it's done in the US. I refused and paid both our bills. She was extremely grateful to me for paying her own part of the bill. A typical ungrateful Nigerian girl would even insult you on top.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 9:52am On Jul 16, 2023
wirinet:

You are still living in the 18th century, where women roles were in the kitchen, Bedroom and laundry room . Even in Conservative Muslim societies, that mentality only applies to the poor helpless masses, the elites empower their daughters with good education and good jobs.

In the 21st century, women have the same opportunities that men have. Women have been presidents/prime ministers of other nations, C.E.Os of multinational cooperations and captains of industries. Its only Nigerian women that have such entitlement mentality, you would think they are physically and mentally disabled.

I dated a US based girl in my youth, I took her to double 4 on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi. When the bill came she offered to pay her own bill, she said that's how it's done in the US. I refused and paid both our bills. She was extremely grateful to me for paying her own part of the bill. A typical ungrateful Nigerian girl would even insult you on top.

That girl is the exception not the rule. Where do you think our girls are picking up this entitlement mentality. From US videos. Also, did you hear what the fat idiot was saying in that video. How can someone as fat as that with stinky stretch marks be talking about her standards and specs? This world haff spoil finish

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by wirinet(m): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2023
Dimaya:

That girl is the exception not the rule. Where do you think our girls are picking up this entitlement mentality. From US videos. Also, did you hear what the fat idiot was saying in that video. How can someone as fat as that with stinky stretch marks be talking about her standards and specs? This world haff spoil finish
The girl is not the exception to the rule in the US. Maybe exception among black Americans as black Americans girls have the same entitlement mentality as Nigerians girls, but among the whites and other demographics, that's the unspoken rule. Each person on a date pays his or her own fare, except it was agreed in the beginning that only one person will be responsible for the bills.
For you information, the lady in question was half caste - half Nigerian and half white.

I concur with the statement that "How can someone as fat as that with stinky stretch marks be talking about her standards and specs". Did you listen to the specs and standards she listed? Does she think she is Miss Universe to be able to land such a man based solely on her looks? She looks presentable now because of her young age and excessive make up. 10 years from now, given her shape and looks, she will look like spongebob. After dropping 1 or 2 children, she will look like Patrick.
Women are like flowers, they bloom for a relatively short period and fade very fast. It's best to attract bees in the bloom period, because during the fading period, attracting bees for pollination will be very difficult.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by correctguy101(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2023
wirinet:

The girl is not the exception to the rule in the US. Maybe exception among black Americans as black Americans girls have the same entitlement mentality as Nigerians girls, but among the whites and other demographics, that's the unspoken rule. Each person on a date pays his or her own fare, except it was agreed in the beginning that only one person will be responsible for the bills.
For you information, the lady in question was half caste - half Nigerian and half white.

I concur with the statement that "How can someone as fat as that with stinky stretch marks be talking about her standards and specs". Did you listen to the specs and standards she listed? Does she think she is Miss Universe to be able to land such a man based solely on her looks? She looks presentable now because of her young age and excessive make up. 10 years from now, given her shape and looks, she will look like spongebob. After dropping 1 or 2 children, she will look like Patrick.
Women are like flowers, they bloom for a relatively short period and fade very fast. It's best to attract bees in the bloom period, because during the fading period, attracting bees for pollination will be very difficult.

Savage grin grin
Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2023
correctguy101:

Savage grin grin
True talk
Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Khd95(m): 11:26am On Jul 16, 2023
Who takes a girl on a date in this Nigeria??

Him dey craze

These girls are moving wild and dangerous, that was how one was advising them to reject 10k from guys and instead give it to beggars, you can imagine that kind of mentality

Say I don ask Nigerian girl out, I would rather be inside smoking loud and listening to motivation mixtapes and hustling, worst still I go tag along man dem

That’s more fulfilling than spending hard earned money on lazy unproductive girls that will still tag you broke because she believe there is a guy elsewhere that can spend more, money wey her papa no get oo

One question, a broke girl and an a struggling girl are in a relationship, but na the girl be the understanding one, how??

Dem no Dey male am for her own family too

8 Likes

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by luminouz(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2023
Jazmine10:
Fair enough. So what should the men do now? Date trees? As per number 5, nature made man the giver and the woman the receiver. It goes beyond money. The man for some reson is the provider, protector etc and somehow you men set the standards so why complain? Recently, i saw online a man mocking his wife of 10years comparing her with Tiwa Savage and how well taken care of Tiwa looks. Mind you this woman is by no means "fat".Tiwa savage as a single woman is making money, maybe this woman has access to the kind of money Tiwa has or not but she's in her husbands house and the man who ought to be the provider is publicly shaming his wife when apparently he has failed in his primary duty but still has the effrontery to shame his wife before the entire world which brings us back to your number 3. "If she starts earning more you will lose your spot in her life" If that woman chooses to leave that man for some reason to live a better life men will say women are this women are that. All the while the woman's been with thean when he even can't take care of her and this same man is shaming how publicly how she looks. Wetin una men want sef gan gan?

Paragraph-less emotional drivel. No single logic!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2023
luminouz:

Paragraph-less emotional drivel. No single logic!!!
I'll deal with you at the right time, yo you have the guts to talk trash about on the rp thread. Moyo I'll surely deal with you

3 Likes

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Baronthecelebri: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
Wahala for who dey date

1 Like

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
Imagine a girl rejecting 10K and saying it's beggar money. For this same Naija wey all man dey "favour me IJN"

The video dey burst my head.

Khd95:
Who takes a girl on a date in this Nigeria??

Him dey craze

These girls are moving wild and dangerous, that was how one was advising them to reject 10k from guys and instead give it to beggars, you can imagine that kind of mentality

Say I don ask Nigerian girl out, I would rather be inside smoking loud and listening to motivation mixtapes and hustling, worst still I go tag along man dem

That’s more fulfilling than spending hard earned money on lazy unproductive girls that will still tag you broke because she believe there is a guy elsewhere that can spend more, money wey her papa no get oo

One question, a broke girl and an a struggling girl are in a relationship, but na the girl be the understanding one, how??

Dem no Dey male am for her own family too
Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
I forgot to add this:

The women in cities are juggling multiple sexual partners thanks to tinder, Uber and Airbnb. You ask a lady living in Lekki for her address and she send you the location of a short let apartment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dshocker(m): 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Definitely a guy must spend in a relationship.

But how much you spend all depends on you, if you choose to spend on the high side, just to impress her, then you are a fool, but if you spend moderately and be yourself, then you are good to go.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Geovanni412(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
Zigzagman:

My take:

Strong points there

Some niggas will say, our mothers were different

And I say that is BS

If a woman earns more than the husband, my guy, homie ,you are in trouble

1 Like

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Crystalom35: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
I never take any girl out before o and I dey fvck die.

Any girl wey say make I take am out, na there our talk go end. If you no fit come my house, maybe I get you refresh or cook, you are on your own.

10-30k for date? Say wetin happen? Where I go get that kind money from?

Una dey try wey dey form posh o

3 Likes

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by marlow1962(m): 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2023
Na poverty they cause am, chia e no go better for Nigerian politicians, especially apc ppl.

1 Like

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2023
marlow1962:
Na poverty they cause am, chia e no go better for Nigerian politicians, especially apc ppl.

Don't blame bad manners on poverty

3 Likes

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Godoverevery: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jazmine10:

Someone who is actually educated typed this No paragraphs, just total jargons.

Nawa oooo.....this one go born and help her child with homeworks?? I just pity the child in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
Godoverevery:

Someone who is actually educated typed this No paragraphs, just total jargon.

Nawa oooo.....this one go born and help her child with homeworks?? I just pity the child in advance.

I tire o

1 Like

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2023
Godoverevery:

Someone who is actually educated typed this No paragraphs, just total jargons.

someone who is begging for a second hand phone to buy online is antagonising someone who can employ him! wonderful! I no go school but i go sponsor you and your generation go school. Ode oloriburuku no be my fault you cannot read and comprehend with your first class pako. As you dey one hole for trenches no know say voice to text dey @ Dimaya you too follow collect, ewu Gambia. Una think say na every woman who na fit bully for this nairaland? I go piss ontop una head. Foolish mofos, mention me for nonsense without manner una mama no instill on una una go collect wotowoto.
Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Purvan(m): 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Only a simp will take a woman to restaurant or cinema on a date

4 Likes

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Dimaya: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jazmine10:
someone who is begging for a second hand phone to buy online is antagonising someone who can employ him! wonderful! I no go school but i go sponsor you and your generation go school. Ode oloriburuku no be my fault you cannot read and comprehend with your first class pako. As you dey one hole for trenches no know say voice to text dey @ Dimaya you too follow collect, ewu Gambia. Una think say na every woman who na fit bully for this nairaland? I go piss ontop una head. Foolish mofos, mention me for nonsense without manner una mama no instill on una una go collect wotowoto.

Go and sit down, abeg. I resemble your mate? You need to take a chill pill, perhaps largactil?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating Young Nigerian Women In 2023, A Few Hard Realities by Godoverevery: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jazmine10:

Fools talks, coward stay silent and wise men listen.

Humpty dumpty keep bragging......lol

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Someone's Sister. Genz Baddest Are Now Many In Our Society / Why are girls so eager for money? / 5 Types Of Female Personality As Regards Their Looks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.