Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music (29383 Views)

Arsenal Women FC Beat Chelsea Women FC To Win 6th Conti Cup / Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m / Everton Completes The Signing Of Theo Walcott From Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by MS247: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
HNICEARTH:

But bro hygrades and odumodublvck are Igbos. They wanted to take over the SW. They dont respect their host. They even said lagos is no man's land.
Shouldn't we be avoiding them? We should be mad they are winning nah

We should remain Ronu oh! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLqi_tBr7oI

Ojuckwu already surrendered same as his people we are one country
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by kestolove95(m): 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2023
E be like Dangote don buy diz club on a lowkey
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Goddyrichie(m): 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2023
lumens:
shocked

Arsenal have used songs by artistes from the East.
When will Arsenal use songs by artistes from the Brown Roof and Sophisticated Skull Mining Region?
this is what one bro up there saying we Dey masses start this tribalism and not the politician why are we like this have u ever see South Africa even though our Ghanaian brothers and sisters behave like this
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by kestolove95(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
But this female footballers, dem go sweet for bed so
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Idiko1: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

You are the first person to do this senseless tribal hate on this thread undecided

You are ruining your future wey no first bright,one day You will bite Your fingers and say had I known.

Shun senseless tribal hate.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/17450718_1715044017081734screenshot2023030110073436jpeg1597ffa044740dd568b18637e845db13jpeg2c169a6fce444c38966b409f68abc6e5_jpeg57310ff7beff70da476d1e4d1d274b44

I guess the worst tribal disgrace was aired after Tinubu lost election in Lagos State. I wonder if there is a sensible tribal hatred.
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by ebufa: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....though I got no idea about this band
But I must say right from onset we have been the real niggar of Africa

No
Na tribalism of the masses dey ruin us..
Nor be politicians ...lets start telling ourselves the truth and stop pretending if not this nation will be doomed in the nearest future
When a person from the three major tribe is the president..forget it you won't see a united protest from the masses...endsar protest the north didn't participate because their son was the president
Now with the hell we have been subjected to still no protest will happen because a son from a major tribe is the president( tinubu)...same thing will also occur if igbo man is the president

The only time we can see a united protest is when a person from minority tribe becomes the president...take for example subsidy removal of Jonathan in 2012...the whole nation united and there was protest despite the cheap and low cost of things...lets stop pretending...

I love intelligent people. Thanks..you are intelligent

Aside Hygrades........go on youtube and search for Nigerian Afro funk bands like @sweet Breeze and @ The Apostles...............My favorite is @she is my choice by "sweet breeze"! If rock bands get those 70's albums their head go scatter!
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by ebufa: 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UveTCZ2xWbo (Original by the HYGRADES)

(Goddy Oku in pix)

i heard that Oku is Selebobo's dad...............these young producers have it in their blood sha! Don Jazzy's father was also a renowned producer!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by ebufa: 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
MS247:

David Adeleke world cup final

Tiwatope Savage Coronation of King Charles

Kiss Daniels World cup

Instead of condemning you, your ibo people would go invisible and secretly like and share

If Yorubas respond soon wailing will start

Behind all your superstars are Igbo song writers and Igbo producers ! remeber Peruzzi,Tekno and Don Jazzy!

Leave o , when it comes to true pop music,the recent yoruba hype na JJC sef! name 1 yoruba pop music star of the 1970's,80's and 90's aside Dizzy k Falola..................rest o!
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by maticar: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
Simeony007:
Anything that will keep Arsenal fans from commiting suicide is welcome.

They've been through a lot
Let's hope you don't commit suicide this season
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by ebufa: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
Igboid:

You are wrong on the Igbo.
No one in Igboland back failed politician except few paid sychophants.
Ndiigbo never protested against GEJ subsidy removal..
Stop roping Ndiigbo into things you know SW and North do, just to sound neutral and not be attacked by SW or Northerners, that's cowardice.

you dey mind am! That jonathan protest was the most cynical plot hatched by Tinubu against Jonathan aside the cooked up Chibok girls kidnapping! A Daniel will come to judgement soonest! The evil that men commit live after them...ndi mgbu!
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by MS247: 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
ebufa:

Behind all your superstars are Igbo song writers and Igbo producers ! remeber Peruzzi,Tekno and Don Jazzy!

Leave o , when it comes to true pop music,the recent yoruba hype na JJC sef! name 1 yoruba pop music star of the 1970's,80's and 90's aside Dizzy k Falola..................rest o!

Kikikiki

Peruzzi?! He write song reach Tiwa savage who wrote for International artist

Tekno and Davido co wrote just one song after living the club together one faithful night now you think he writes songs for David?!

Don jazzy from ajegunle, and London with link to Delta wrote no song, he simply managed artist and suddenly you rate him... Wande coal and Dbanj made Don Jazzy ( with all due respect to Don baba)

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Proudlyomonna: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
Idiko1:

I guess the worst tribal disgrace was aired after Tinubu lost election in Lagos State. I wonder if there is a sensible tribal hatred.

grin grin cheesy chia just see how you are disgracing yourself grin
So bcuz I advised you to stop doing senseless tribal hate,I have automatically become pro tinubu right grin grin

Ngwa continue to do senseless tribal hate,when the devil will come for ya head is when You would desperately need to keep a good public image,then people begin to chun out your hate filled comments, continue to destroy your future just because you want to join fools to do senseless tribal bullcrap on nairaland.

Are You pro Ipob grin

Normal normal pro Ipob and pro Apc no dey ever get sense grin grin
Una dey always reason like who dey addicted to dey carry penalty kick play throwway go throw in grin
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by fergie001: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
ebufa:
i heard that Oku is Selebobo's dad ...............these young producers have it in their blood sha! Don Jazzy's father was also a renowned producer!
Very true.
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by MentalCase98: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Shameless tribalist,so You are in essence saying bad roads is relegated to a particular region in Nigeria? grin

It is impossible for a tribalistic hate filled mofo to make sense.Facts grin

You can see how empty that your fat skull is? Why don’t you preach this to the person I was quoting who suggested that brown roofs are relegated to Yoruba land? Of course you won’t because you are probably an ethnic bigot like him. Hypocrite.
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by tonicyril: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
lumens:

Who the fvck is England king. After colonizing me and taking my people away as slaves l, I should go and sing for him?
When will ur musicians sing in a world Cup
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by TheSuperX(m): 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
chatinent:
Hope they were authorized to use the song tho.

Exactly
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Successdude(m): 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

The majority problem We have in this Country is that an overwhelming number of the common man refuse to reason well.

They allow themselves get sold and drowned in the political jabawakky, sensationalism and euphoria the evil political class and strongholds have created.

They refuse to think deep to the essence of politics itself, which is to better the lives of the people.

Nija will start moving forward when the common man start thinking well.

Honestly. The people's lives are about 90% politics centered. I don't know if this is a ploy to keep the majority unproductive especially for themselves. An average man all his consciousness is about is only political parties and the politicians; newspapers all about politics, the media politics - if it ain't party, it's the politicians in house of reps, what this did, or that did. While this isn't bad in itself but it being run by people who have no initiative in life and no vision makes it a mess and even as it occupies 90% of an average Nigerians consciousness.

Something is fundamentally wrong with the humaness of the humans in this country Nigerian. Could be deliberately (by the UnImpactful politicians ) or just how weak they want to be and unusable to the world at large.....
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Proudlyomonna: 7:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
Successdude:

Honestly. The people's lives are about 90% politics centered. I don't know if this is a ploy to keep the majority unproductive especially for themselves. An average man all his consciousness is about is only political parties and the politicians; newspapers all about politics, the media politics - if it ain't party, it's the politicians in house of reps, what this did, or that did. While this isn't bad in itself but it being run by people who have no initiative in life and no vision makes it a mess and even as it occupies 90% of an average Nigerians consciousness.

Something is fundamentally wrong with the humaness of the humans in this country Nigerian. Could be deliberately (by the UnImpactful politicians ) or just how weak they want to be and unusable to the world at large.....

You go see poor man dey joyfully jubilate and defend evil fifth columnist leaders wey put hin and hin family for abject poverty grin

Country of wereys,ruled by werey leaders grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by Proudlyomonna: 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2023
[s][/s]
MentalCase98:

You can see how empty that your fat skull is? Why don’t you preach this to the person I was quoting who suggested that brown roofs are relegated to Yoruba land? Of course you won’t because you are probably an ethnic bigot like him. Hypocrite.

Loll Your head is not empty,it is actually plainly dead grin
So if You see a madman,You must compulsorily join him in his madness?
That's enough to say You also have it in You.

If to say Your head never die,you for call out that shameless tribalistic fellow directly same way I called him out directly.

People act foolish not bcuz of where they come from,rather bcus of how their minds have been patterned to operate.

There are good and bad people in every Tribe,Your mind obviously disapproves of this reality,seek help now before you go comot cloth run enter market grin

Shameless tribalistic fellow,bcus others are doing nonsense,You must follow them do nonsense too,alayi ni itiju.
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by GoodIsGod: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2023
About the Group:

"The Hygrades were the creation of Enugu-based guitarist and producer Goddy Oku. They released a string of 45s for HMV/EMI in the early 70s including the tracks Keep On Moving, Somebodys Gonna Lose or Win, Rough Rider & Jumping Cat.
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by 9jaRealist: 9:50pm On Jul 16, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlpMPPlQ9mk
(Song Title: Keep Moving)

On July 4, Arsenal Women FC announced the signing of Alessia Mia Teresa Russo with a Nigerian 1970s Africafunk-AfroRock music by Goddy Oku's The HYGRADES.

Earlier in the year, United had turned down two world record bids for Russo, before she left for North London on a free transfer.

Russo previously played for Chelsea Women, Brighton & Hove Albion Women and later United Women where she made her mark scoring 22 goals in 46 appearances.

She plays as a forward and has represented England internationally at all youth age group competitions.

She is a UEFA women's champion with the English National team where she has scored 11 goals in 22 games.

See Link: The Unveiling of Russo

Sonos also made a commercial a few years back with the same Hygrades’ song (see link below)…
I hope his family or estate (Selebobo is his kid) are getting residual checks, but I suspect EMI owns the song rights.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qkQb/sonos-roam-moving-song-by-the-hygrades
>
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by MSGAMBLE9: 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
lumens:

Fvck off my mention.
You are representing the Skull Miners Region well.

How many skulls have you harvested today, Mr.Moh Alfa
Say someone whose kinsmen are face of Drug trafficking and Condemned convict in Southeast Asia...

Yeye dey smell...
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by HNICEARTH: 3:59am On Jul 18, 2023
MS247:

Nah man! They nearly took over lagos. Infact obi won election is lagos. We have to Ronu them. They are Igbos. Except you are now telling me that you are an omoale. Yoruba orchin ronu grin
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by 3seriez(m): 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2023
Renman:
Why is the north so backward

Why is the rest of Nigeria like Dubai.. kiss
Re: Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music by HNICEARTH: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
MS247:

But they are trying to renege.
We have started Ronu. We shouldn't allow them to take over SW.

Remember: MY LAGOS NOT YOUR LAGOS!

We should Ronu oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keshi Invites 15 Overseas-based Players, Shuns Mikel(list OF INVITED PLAYERS) / Joe Aribo: From University Drop Out To Super Eagles No 10 (Video, Pics) / Real Madrid Complete The Signing Of Jude Bellingham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.