Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,617 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi (22033 Views)

Okey Bakassi Reacts To Peter Obi & Oyedepo Leaked Audio / Okey Bakassi: I Will Vote Obi So Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku Won’t Need Going Abroad / Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by 9jaRealist: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2023
Puss360:
Lol...

Strange but true...

But it's still important for statistical analysis

It’s only useful for anthropological data…
Accordingly, it should only be asked on the census (together state of residence).

EcoNews:
Foolish fools of ipob origin everywhere.

If it is not the state of origin thay will determine performance in office is it the state of residence that will determine performance.

Oloshious fellow talking rubbish.

Dude, you miss the point completely.

It has NOTHING to with performance in office. Instead, it goes to the concept of taxpayers benefittIng from their funding of the government of the state where they are RESIDENT. For example, if you live and pay taxes in State A, your kids should be able to pay subsidized (or, as in known in many parts of the CIVILIZED world, “resident”) fees to attend the State A University, rather than the kids of someone who is originally from State A but does not live and does not pay taxes (or has never lived nor ever paid taxes) in State A being granted subsidized “indigent” fees, since it is taxes that funds the State University - or it should be, but in reality most funding in Nigeria mostly come from ‘federal allocation’ largely derived from the economic and environmental GENOCIDE of my people in the Niger Delta!

Btw, this is not a new concept…
Many Nigerians have been campaigning for this for eons (but it has been primarily resisted by quota system beneficiaries).
>
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Joconceptbest4(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
TemplarLandry:
I suspect this is a BeerFraud agenda.
but u know he's saying the truth

2 Likes

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by frozen70(f): 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2023
Corn247:
Hahaha grin.. Greedy fool, just because you want to live in Lagos.

All igbos and SS ethnic groups will be displaced off their gas and crude oil lands within 10 years.
They will wipe you all out if you fail to leave since everywhere will become no man's land.

Zukwanu Ike 😒 😒 😒
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Switruth: 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
TemplarLandry:
You indeed breath without your anus.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Switruth: 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2023
tonicyril:
U won't gain anything

It's a barren la.nd
in the entire country no land is barren. You’re just an idiat that doesn’t travel.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by 9jaRealist: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2023
>
This is NOT a new concept….
In fact, many Nigerians have previously campaigned for this (including folks like Prof. Bolaji Aluko).

Essentially, the primary rationale goes to taxpayers benefittIng from their funding of the government of the state where they are RESIDENT. For example, if you live and pay taxes in State A, your kids should be able to pay subsidized (or, as in known in many parts of the CIVILIZED world, “resident”) fees to attend the State A University, rather than the kids of someone who is originally from State A but does not live and does not pay taxes (or has never lived nor ever paid taxes) in State A being granted subsidized “indigent” fees, since it is taxes that funds the State University - or it should be, but in reality most funding in Nigeria mostly come from ‘federal allocation’ largely derived from the economic and environmental GENOCIDE of my people in the Niger Delta!
>
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by dododawa1: 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
What he said is TRUE
BUT
Is
OBIDENT
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by RecentHistory: 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

You switched account 😁

Thanks for showing us

Keep the change.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by flokii: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ogbon ole.. they should abolish state of origin so you can go to Oyo, Ogun, Lagos and be dragging governorship seats with the indigenes just like Nnamdi Azikiwe did, fighting Awolowo and other prominent Yorubas over Premiership in the West.
Instead of abolishing State of origin, everybody should go their separate ways for lasting peace to reign.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by jaxxy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
Not a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by EcoNews: 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
In essence an America working in Nigeria should not enjoy any benefit accruing to America based in the USA.

Now tell me how foolish you are as a monkey cos your intelligence is well below that of human.

2. My comment was a response to the senseless comment by another Igbo the point he made was adequately negated by my response.

3. In all none indigenes most especially the Igbos can not tell those from a certain place how they should be accepted. It is the indigenes that will determine if the stranger merit being called one of them so Okey Bakassi can pay trillions in dollar in taxes to the US govt, Lagos Abuja or where that doesn't mean he will enjoy the privilege of a US citizen, Lagos indigene, Omoluabi etc as your case may apply cos I know you will be foolish enough to query me on citizen of same country neglecting the very important issue of the indigene not accept the stranger as one of theirs.

9jaRealist:

It’s only useful for anthropological data…
Accordingly, it should only be asked on the census (together state of residence).

Dude, you miss the point completely.

It has NOTHING to with performance in office. Instead, it goes to the concept of taxpayers benefittIng from their funding of the government of the state where they are RESIDENT. For example, if you live and pay taxes in State A, your kids should be able to pay subsidized (or, as in known in many parts of the CIVILIZED world, “resident”) fees to attend the State A University, rather than the kids of someone who is originally from State A but does not live and does not pay taxes (or has never lived nor ever paid taxes) in State A being granted subsidized “indigent” fees, since it is taxes that funds the State University - or it should be, but in reality most funding in Nigeria mostly come from ‘federal allocation’ largely derived from the economic and environmental GENOCIDE of my people in the Niger Delta!

Btw, this is not a new concept…
Many Nigerians have been campaigning for this for eons (but it has been primarily resisted by quota system beneficiaries).
>
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by tiger28: 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
It's ONLY ALWAYS coming from these folks......

Don't you Negroes love your Tribe?

I dont see ANY other tribe talk this nonsense....

because they love their Region and Tribe!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Bigchristo: 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
RecentHistory:

You are too daft to even understand what he's saying. Be shouting without thinking.

He is saying if you are foolish enough to support this idiotic proposal, others will take over your oil under the guise of state of residence.
You can go and kee yourself the Okay Bakassi is not from South South that guy is from IMO state so he should have directed his words to the East instead of dragging South South into this matter at the first place, meanwhile the author of the post has state his words clear of what he actually meant so engaging me with an insult doesn’t make no sense
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Ajixegun: 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2023
Hmm... That was what Zike qnd ironsi did by putting it in constitution that unity of Nigeria is not negotiable and abolished regional government respectively.
If paraventure this proposal comes to reality and doesn't favour you and your people later that is when you start shouting marginalization. Be careful of what you wish for.

2 Likes

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Bigchristo: 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2023
lolu2019:
pardon him.he doesn't know.
Okay 👍
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by 9jaRealist: 9:14pm On Jul 16, 2023
EcoNews:
[b]In essence an America working in Nigeria should not enjoy any benefit accruing to America based in the USA.’/b]

Now tell me how foolish you are as a monkey cos your intelligence is well below that of human.

2. My comment was a response to the senseless comment by another Igbo the point he made was adequately negated by my response.

3. In all none indigenes most especially the Igbos can not tell those from a certain place how they should be accepted. It is the indigenes that will determine if the stranger merit being called one of them so Okey Bakassi can pay trillions in dollar in taxes to the US govt, Lagos Abuja or where that doesn't mean he will enjoy the privilege of a US citizen, Lagos indigene, Omoluabi etc as your case may apply cos I know you will be foolish enough to query me on citizen of same country neglecting the very important issue of the indigene not accept the stranger as one of theirs.

Tragic arrogant ignorance,,,, grin grin grin

Dude, American citizens pay US income taxes on their WORLDWIDE income, regardless of residency or domicile*…

Accordingly, they enjoy the benefits of US citizenship (NOT any particular state residency/indigenship) wherever domiciled…
Conversely, a NY “indigene” resident in California only enjoys benefits (welfare, school fees, unemployment, etc.) in California, not NY!
>
*Subject to double taxation treaties.
>
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by 9jaRealist: 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
EcoNews:
In essence an America working in Nigeria should not enjoy any benefit accruing to America based in the USA.

Btw, notice how I ignored your CHILDISH ad hominem personal attack and insult…
It merely betrays your lack of a substantive point and a CRUDE AND CRASS UPBRINGING! SMH
>
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by iamdapsyj(m): 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
TemplarLandry:

They are actually the ones promoting it. The way people will be running to Lagos to give birth will be on another level if it is considered in the future....
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by seunayantokun(m): 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
I am laughing at our dishonesty.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by highchief1: 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
waynetee:

https://punchng.com/state-of-origin-requirement-should-be-abolished-okey-bakassi/
comedy taken too far.we are Africans and at such our root matters.Leave state of origin bros there’s always a provision for state of residence too.u need to know where the ppl u r dealing with come from.

1 Like

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Agugbadin: 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nvestor02:
Biafra want to feel among at all cost. They know that none of their state has good name in the country as they don use criminal activities to scatter am.

So Dem want to use the opportunity of the dignity of other tribes to dey enjoy what's not theirs.

State of Origin is compulsory, it will make us know the difference between the good people and CURSED people.

Valid point.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by uuzba(m): 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
2mch:

Nigeria is a group of nations within a boundary. Tribalism does not exist if you look at it properly. It’s normal for all nations, ethnic or otherwise to defend their interest or boundaries and history. It is this colonialist mindset to want to erase a peoples identity and pretend they are one. It has not even succeeded in the US. Not to talk of Nigeria. The problem in Nigeria is a lack of respect for others, their lands and their history by a particular set of people who know they are at a disadvantage with what their ancestors left them. Plus their culture of greed and covetousness makes them seek for sneaky ways to steal like what Okey is suggesting. They are the most clannish and tribal, which is the funny thing.

So let's kuku just breakup back into our separate tribes under our different traditional leaders. There is no need for Nigeria again.
Each tribe should get its own police, army, navy etc. Each tribe should harness its own resources. Each tribe should speak its own language.
Do their own website. Everybody stop speaking English. End this Nairaland website as there is no need for us, different tribes to communicate in any common language.
People when different tribes people marry, their kids should select which state they want, and live there. Nobody is allowed to be born in a city anymore. Everybody must head back to their exact village and be born there so the villagers know all of them.
Education should only by in your exact native language. In fact, education is the business of your tribe/village.
Each tribe be a nation unto itself and spare us all this headache we are having trying to run Nigeria at such great expense.
The constitution is useless.
Please translate this text into the 500+ languages we have in Nigeria so that everyone reads and understands it.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by EcoNews: 9:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
According to your warped judgement

9jaRealist:

Btw, notice how I ignored your CHILDISH ad hominem personal attack and insult…
It merely betrays your lack of a substantive point and a CRUDE AND CRASS UPBRINGING! SMH
>
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by EcoNews: 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
Of course Mr Foolish, there are no Americans in Nigeria working but do not pay any taxes back home. Sebi you na the america president mumu. De there de mumbo jumbo your papa.

When you are done fooling your fathers in Ipobland you can then tell us how we will grant you clowns state of residence without the indigenes your tribesmen malign n insult daily being OK with it.

9jaRealist:

Tragic arrogant ignorance,,,, grin grin grin

Dude, American citizens pay US income taxes on their WORLDWIDE income, regardless of residency or domicile…

Accordingly, they enjoy the benefits of US citizenship (NOT any particular state residency/indigenship) wherever domiciled…
Conversely, a NY “indigene” resident in California only enjoys benefits (welfare, school fees, unemployment, etc.) in California, not NY!
>
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by flokii: 9:46pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ajixegun:
Hmm... That was what Zike qnd ironsi did by putting it in constitution that unity of Nigeria is not negotiable and abolished regional government respectively.
If paraventure this proposal comes to reality and doesn't favour you and your people later that is when you start shouting marginalization. Be careful of what you wish for.

Leave them.. Okey bakassi or whatever he is called will go to Igbo world conference to solicit for arms to fight Nigeria like Kanu when they lose everything at home and away.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by uuzba(m): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
Major7:

I wonder when this tribalism will end honestly,it saddens me to the bones embarassed
It's never going to end.
Make plans now, how to live your life in future.
-
America has many different tribes people. But the difference is that they are all foreigners to the land. And they all made the conscious decision to colonise the place and work out their freedom and democracy.
Nigerians did not work together to create this nation. We were already here as individual tribes.
Some white people just came and banded us together, shoulder to shoulder.
The force and friction is now causing all this violence and insults in all platforms.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by paramakina202: 9:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
Corn247:

I am only pitying you weaklings, the last time your grand father zik removed secession clause thinking igbos can compete with people that are centuries ahead in warfare . it was igbos that was halved.

If una try am, yorubas and and Hausa fulani will share those gas and oil lands within a year since it will become no man's land, and you all will have nothing, try nonsense and you all will be halved again or better still sent into an extinction.

These children of lucifer are lying more than satan their father.
How did Zik removed secession clause from the constitution?
Did he use decree as a military head of state or what?
Did Zik ever ruled Nigeria in executive capacity?
I need answer to this questions.
As for your political alliance with the North, enjoy it while it last for there is no permanent enemy or friend but permanent interest.Table go soon turn.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by 9jaRealist: 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2023
EcoNews:
Of course Mr Foolish, there are no Americans in Nigeria working but do not pay any taxes back home. Sebi you na the america president mumu. De there de mumbo jumbo your papa.

When you are done fooling your fathers in Ipobland you can then tell us how we will grant you clowns state of residence without the indigenes your tribesmen malign n insult daily being OK with it.

When someone keeps drilling down on ignorance, nothing more to add…
It’s pardonable to be clueless, but unpardonable to REFUSE to learn (a lifelong undertaking).

Anyway, no need to thank me for giving your free knowledge… grin
You have already established YOUR CRUDE AND PRIMITIVE UPBRINGING. SMH
>
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by EcoNews: 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2023
Your wailing just de start. Wonder if your father paid for my ignorance that you keep wailing about like a lunatic. Try harder with more quote, your bigoted hate filled Igbo father might need it. You can rot in hell while at it too.

9jaRealist:

When someone keeps drilling down on ignorance, nothing more to add…
It’s pardonable to be clueless, but unpardonable to REFUSE to learn (a lifelong undertaking).

Anyway, no need to thank me for giving your free knowledge… grin
You have already established YOUR CRUDE AND PRIMITIVE UPBRINGING. SMH
>
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by mordred44: 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
Catastrophe

1 Like

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Continue619: 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by JohnnA1: 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
astonished:

No, we are not one and we don't want to be one, and we can never be one

Let's just maintain the status quo until the country tear apart?

We were not one from the start, how can we pretend to be one, that's disaster

We know ourselves and were we come from, I don't want anything to do with IPOB that sees me as enemy and pretend to be one.

God bless you for this.
We know where those people are coming from...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maduka Vows To Dredge River Niger To Onitsha To Activate The Sea Port / National Assembly Members In US To See Progress Of Work On Super Tucano Aircraft / Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.