Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi (22011 Views)

Okey Bakassi Reacts To Peter Obi & Oyedepo Leaked Audio / Okey Bakassi: I Will Vote Obi So Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku Won’t Need Going Abroad / Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by aylipple: 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
The problem with barring people with criminal cases still in court (ie yet to be ruled on by a judge or judges as the case may be) is that even someone like PitObi wouldn't have been on the ballot this last election because all it would take is one jobless hireling to institute a corruption case (read Pandora Papers) against him in court; ditto for Tinubu, Atiku & every other politician that contested for one position or the other.

Besides, that suggestion is against the global norm that recognizes every accused is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Bravejayh: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Someone should pls share data for me glo
0 805665410 8. Im using freebasic to post this message
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by saintrow1: 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2023
TemplarLandry:
I suspect this is a BeerFraud agenda.

As usual any attempt by eboes to reap where they did not sow always suit them. Awon Ole

6 Likes

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by ribbit: 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
Funny how those that used to call everyone unity beggers are now the ones running Helter skelter.

Like what is okey bakassi smoking?

Why is he begging for unity with this f0olish comment now?

4 Likes

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by viodemus: 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
it is always igbos that want to push the unity agenda. Mumu bakassi. Get with the program. You are unfortunately in a very very tribal country.

What we need to do is survive first, igbos are letting any and everybody assault them without resistance, and also letting those people narrate the story to foreigners, how they want the narrative to be.

Igbos should resume survival strategies, resume our toys, we can't catch up, but should be ready to do damage to any genocide actions from the islamics sw and/or the north.
Strengthen our foreign sides. These basta*ds don't want peace with igbos, they are busy planning apartheid restrictions on igbos all over Nigeria, and also ready to commit genocide on igbos and xenophobia. Meanwhile only igbos are moving around like slaves in Nigeria, asking for unity.

To be real, all igbos should forfeit land ownership, Is like in japan, no land ownership like that, no inheritance on land. Igbos should also be ready to take a massive loss in the SS, but should be ready to inflict even worse to the ethnic cleansers in the SS. We should be ready to loose a lot, and even extend it to the islamics sw if they want to form that too. We as igbos should not start that with any tribe, we should always be against genocide and ethnic cleansers. But we should not let others do it to us without resistance and serious actions.

Every monday and even some days in the week, some terrorist extremists from the Ss, picks any igbo areas, then plot, and go there to hurt and do worse to all igbos they meet that day, and then run back to their supposed sides. These are not just tribal extremists, but they also have religious underlying to it too. They hate the igbo Christians. While igbos were vigilant to the islamics sw and the north, it turns out that it is an unfriendly or not respectful useless minority, that are not historic blood like our cousins .

Igbos have to make a decision fast. We should not just sit back and tolerate the genocide and xenophobia against us, at anytime they wish. Useless minority tribe wants to form igbo conquerors. Even if them group together, we suppose teach them to stop doing igbo genocide.

The leader of this current administration is an extreme criminal, american deceiver, and possibly an extreme tribalist and religious ideologue. The north is doing their thing, and for the most part they are not faking their stance. Igbos where are you with things.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Princeton92(m): 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
We're not in that age no more

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by lolu2019: 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2023
Bigchristo:
Did you just mentioned South South? You’re very foolish to understand that South south has been the oil producing states that keep funding Nigeria Budget with Excess crude account, I was still very small when I saw them drilling our oil in Delta state till date those flow stations are still running, if you want to talk to the guy talk to him directly and leave SS out of your useless mouth if Niger Delta cut off their pipeline supplying oil and gas Nigeria will go bankrupt
pardon him.he doesn't know.

1 Like

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Benrosaria(m): 7:46pm On Jul 16, 2023
you are a big fool okey bakassi, for real na now you know, you don use okey bakassi make name fame and money, now you know it's division. let every make the wealth before you think of division. na your birth divide us and you want peace now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by APCNig: 7:46pm On Jul 16, 2023
But will Shukundi and Shukuwendu say that they are Fulanis or Kanuris?

Our names already signify our regions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by dikings(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2023
NIGERIA IS NEVER ONE PEOPLE WE TOO HATE EACH OTHER FOR THIS KWANTRY.. MAY GOD HELP US FOR A PEACEFUL SEPERATION IN DUE TIME

1 Like

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Deepthoughts: 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2023
waynetee:

https://punchng.com/state-of-origin-requirement-should-be-abolished-okey-bakassi/
To be frank, this is a good idea but it can only in nation of same people culture and religion n not in a deeply divided country like Nigeria,I would even prefer that the laws should clearly define who are indegines of any particular area in the country.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2023
Lol,a villager from godforsaken land of primitive savages wants to claim Lagos/South west with one dubious "State Of Residence" nonsense,ole ! If such law is permitted, I can bet anyone,no single soul will remain in alaigbo/South East again !

Mr Okey Bakkasi or whatever name they call you,your dubious idea is dead on arrival;you are an igbo man from south east and you'll die as one ! You guys should go after whatever demons that are chasing you away from your land and stop trooping to other people's land,okay ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by samsard(m): 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2023
2mch:

Nigeria is a group of nations within a boundary. Tribalism does not exist if you look at it properly. It’s normal for all nations, ethnic or otherwise to defend their interest or boundaries and history. It is this colonialist mindset to want to erase a peoples identity and pretend they are one. It has not even succeeded in the US. Not to talk of Nigeria. The problem in Nigeria is a lack of respect for others, their lands and their history by a particular set of people who know they are at a disadvantage with what their ancestors left them. Plus their culture of greed and covetousness makes them seek for sneaky ways to steal like what Okey is suggesting. They are the most clannish and tribal, which is the funny thing.
Funny enough when they talk about self-rule and independence some people will rain hell and hail in words. Almost every Nigerian is clannish and tribal. I don't care if they're from the tribe I suppose you are. I have met many from different backgrounds and the internet is rife with toxic comments from the south. And no, tribalism or racism is never a good thing. The fact that something is difficult to achieve does not make it a bad ideal. I believe humanity first should be the primary goal and not unhealthy tribal groupthink.
People can maintain some sense of identity and still be fair and humane. So no tribal identity should override my humanity. Plus, almost no human alive today can claim that his ancestors didn't intermix with different groups and form this identity we think is fixed in stone pure.
In my tribe, for example, some parts have part origin from neighboring ethnic groups yet we're considered one group.
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by gtassure: 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Mase2020g(m): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
Yea, thanks
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Menclothing: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
Am
Looking first to Nigeria where a Kano Man can work in oyo public service an imo man can work In Edo public service

Only Lagos is trying giving non indigenous 20 percent under tinubu he started it has a gov
it has being reduced since other states didn’t follow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by arcis: 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
so you guys can take over Lagos abi..God punish you...Go die for your South yeast

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Thomasankara(m): 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2023
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Major7: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
SaiBABAhelinues:

The suspects were apprehended on Oke-Oyi/Jebba road in Ilorin during a stop and search patrol by officers of the Police Command.

A statement issued by the state Police Command’s spokesman, Mr. Okasanmi Ajayi, yesterday said: “On interrogation, the suspected ritualists, Wasiu Omonose, 35, of Abioye compound, Share, and, Akanbi Ibrahim, 32, of Sayo street in Share, stated that they were taking the fresh human head and hands to an Alfa in Ilorin for ritual purposes.

What are you doing? This has no relevance at all to what's being discussed grin
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Precambrian111: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
Corn247:
Hahaha grin.. Greedy fool, just because you want to live in Lagos.

All igbos and SS ethnic groups will be displaced off their gas and crude oil lands within 10 years.
They will wipe you all out if you fail to leave since everywhere will become no man's land.
Now all should critically watch this words you wll clearly notice that a yo ruba man is the number one tactically a symbol of disunity I pray all the North should observe this and change the narrative and run from them due to selfish gain
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Major7: 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
Obinwenite:
See them above. Everything about them is tribalism.

Okey is not the first person that made that statement.

I wonder when this tribalism will end honestly,it saddens me to the bones embarassed

1 Like

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Major7: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
SaiBABAhelinues:

A middle-aged woman has been arrested at Kulende area of Ilorin by members of the community over the alleged ritual killing.

Speaking with Newsmen on the development of a resident Kulende community in Zango area of Ilorin, Mr Kudus said the suspect is currently being held at the state Criminal Investigations Department,(CID), Kwara State Police Headquarters for further investigations.

According to him, the woman who pretended to have had mental health issues has been living in a shanty on the roadside for about three years.

He alleged that members of the community became suspicious of the activities of the woman when she was sighted giving some items suspected to be human parts to a Motorist in a Jeep vehicle that parked near her in the middle of the night.

Mr Kudus explained that when members of vigilantes in the community tried to find out what she was giving the jeep driver, the occupants zoomed off.

He noted that when the community leaders searched her things it contained, a large sum of money, a knife, a bottle water container with fresh blood, as well as a complete children’s school uniform, bag, shoes and books were found.

Confirming the incident the Kwara State Police Command spokesman SP Okasanmi Ajayi said in a statement that the suspected ritualist, who appears to be mentally unbalanced, was arrested with a total of one hundred and sixty-six thousand and seven hundred naira (#166,700:00).

The statement said the suspect noted that the man met with her as at the time of the arrest came to have intercourse with her and give her water.

Arrested at kulende or ita-alamu,or ofa garage? cheesy
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Mrpojj(m): 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Padipadi(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The Target of this policy has always been Lagos because of the cosmopolitan nature of the state.

Well! I agree If Lagos is given a special status with an Extra state being created in the South West.

They should leave Lagos alone. Enough of all these disrespect to Yorubas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by AsomughaChuks05: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
Fulani herdsmen will be salivating at the idea. They will just invite all their brothers from west Africa to take residence in southern farmlands and forests. Okey Bakassi not everything is a joke. State of Origin is what is saving Nigeria from being overrun by Fulani and Islam. As an Igbo, I fully support the retention of State of Origin. Those greedy Igbos like Okey Bakassi who are eyeing Lagos or Port Harcourt with state of residency should just jettison the idea. It is dangerous. Every country has its peculiarity. We mustn't copy America in everything.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by DaRuud(m): 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
waynetee:

https://punchng.com/state-of-origin-requirement-should-be-abolished-okey-bakassi/

That will make more Nigerien enter Nigeria and claim citizens
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by arcis: 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Major7:

I wonder when this tribalism will end honestly,it saddens me to the bones embarassed

That's your problem..any way you see..we knw the plans...

God forbid bad thing...we never do that one, unah they claimed Lagos...

God punish you all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
Gboom:
This policy is already existing in Lagos. Someone just told me that majority of the staffs of Oshodi-Isolo LG are Ibos and most of them speak Yoruba fluently because they were bred and brought in Lagos.

Thank you for calling our attention to what's going on in Oshodi-Isolo LGA. If what you said is true,that nonsense will be reversed as "majority of the staffs" in a Yoruba state can't be igbos ! Can these igbos allow such in any of their five states ? Trust me,those Yoruba speaking igbo staff members of Oshodi-Isolo should start preparing for a certain "tsunami" that will sweep them away from the Local Government payroll ! Any igbo that wants to become a Yoruba MUST drop his or her igbo names and other identities completely ! The era of Emeka or Chinedu being on the payroll of our LGAs or State Government's while Segun or Bolanle is roaming the streets is over here in Lagos !

I'm taking this up tomorrow morning but I hope the information given here is not true,anyway !

3 Likes

Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by Corn247: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
Precambrian111:
Now all should critically watch this words you wll clearly notice that a yo ruba man is the number one tactically a symbol of disunity I pray all the North should observe this and change the narrative and run from them due to selfish gain

North will never try to fight SW because they know they will fail as always.

It is you fools that is yet to learn!
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by drerocker: 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2023
waynetee:

U are right
Work experience should be stop
The tin call 3 major tribe should be stop also.
The age of requirements for reto6 should be reduce
Re: State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi by shoczy(m): 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2023
What of Religion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Commander And Others, Recover Foreign Currency / Soldiers Teach Local Boys in the North-East (Photos) / Court Orders Sheriff To Immediately Vacate Party’s National Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.