Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? (29051 Views)

How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Mtmike(m): 5:45am On Jul 17, 2023
Pls quit the work and go learn a skill, furniture works, tiling, welding etc. persevere in the beginning and enjoy in less than 3yrs to come
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Ganjafama(m): 5:48am On Jul 17, 2023
Hackman1994:
You need spiritual cleansing.
Within one year.
You can buy car, build house and travel to any part of the world.
Please how do I go about this.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Chris2863(m): 5:50am On Jul 17, 2023
saintopus:
1. Live in batcha

2. Batcha should be close to work

3. Ask your employer to get you an accomodation alternatively

4. Buy food in bulk

5. See if you can live with another person so you can rent the batcha

6. See how you can negotiate for an increments

The above condition sef still tight
Lol
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Dialpad: 5:51am On Jul 17, 2023
If you can create a thread on nairaland means you are somewhat educated.

Why don't you get into some skills that you earn you US Dollars.

Remember $100 is now over 80k

There are many places Nigerians can easily earn legitimately.

Please I am not talking about any investment

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by ChiefS(m): 5:58am On Jul 17, 2023
1. Sow your coat according to your cloth.
2. Don't drink, smoke or womanize.
3. Do side huzzles and intensify your efforts in getting another job
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by 7arrows: 6:03am On Jul 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Comments can come in now

Once you collect your salary go to a good joint, buy roasted fish and plantain, eat well, take 2 bottles of cold beer. Then go to the nearest motor park with the remaining amount. Take a bus back to your village.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Henry22(m): 6:04am On Jul 17, 2023
Bro even if na family house you dey stay and eating mama thank you, that 25k will still not be enough.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by lavylilly: 6:05am On Jul 17, 2023
Ever8090:
E hard ooo....but who get mind dey pay him fellow human being 25k for this Nigeria wey we dey soo?....people wicked shaa
Open your own business.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by 7arrows: 6:06am On Jul 17, 2023
Ever8090:
feeding 600 to 1000 in which country, I guess you are mistaken 2023 for 1983

But I heard that the president which they voted in wants to pay 8,000 U.S.D monthly per family as support. Ohhh did I say U.S.D sorry i was high I meant NAIRA.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by goalsplanners: 6:08am On Jul 17, 2023
How to manage 25k as a bachelor

1. Start working on getting other streams of income. goalsplanners can help. Its actually very easy.

2. If possible try to get an affordable place close to where you work, spend less on transportation. Take a walk to most locations you want to go as much as you can, its also healthy.

3. Create a monthly budget to match your income and stick to it until your other source of income comes thru.
For example house rent 10k, food 5k, etc

4. Live a disciplined life, dont indulge in excesses until you can afford it i.e drinking, womanising etc.

5. Be smart enough to locate ngos, or worship centers where they regularly give free food so you can cut down on cost of feeding.

6. Try to be extremely useful to people with means, go the extra mile to get stuff done for them without charging them until they can trust you, e.g wash their car free, clean their house etc they will soon draw u close and help you out

7. Find a way to keep developing yourself for free...so many apps have this (there are locations with free wifi), so many locations u can read for free. A man with vast knowledge can NEVER remain poor for too long.

8. You will eventually need a good woman by yourside, a confidant, a helper. Find a lady that is supportive and not demanding, that encourages you to stick to your budget and conservative lifestyle. Be loyal to her, you may not be able to give her money but give her attention, care and loyalty. But dont get married until your other source of income pulls thru.

You can follow us at @goalsplanners on Instagram for more tips like this.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Abagworo(m): 6:09am On Jul 17, 2023
By living with his parents only.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Pat081: 6:11am On Jul 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Comments can come in now
Not only in PH in Other part of Nigeria sef
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Bawme(m): 6:13am On Jul 17, 2023
This is WAHAB BASHIRU, an orphan who lives in Akwanga LGA of Nasarawa State, but runs a business for his Boss in Gwantu.

Bashiru has discovered this ailment around his eyes some months ago, and have spent a lot on both traditional and western medicine trying to fine cure but instead, the situation gets worse and the ailment gets bigger and bigger.

BASHIR, after spending all he has on treatment is currently in his apartment alone in Gwantu helpless. At this point, he doesn't even know how much is needed of him because he can't even afford to go to the hospital.

Bashiru is seeking for financial help from the Government, NGOs and individuals so he can treat this ailment.

Bashiru is already giving up on life, please let us help in any way we can.

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by iampeterben(m): 6:14am On Jul 17, 2023
Move to Ibadan, that is where you can manage that sir.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by LordGuru1: 6:20am On Jul 17, 2023
kiss It has also been confirmed that Salary increase on the way! Tinubu is proving that he truly cares about the Masses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by RosyIsBlessed: 6:20am On Jul 17, 2023
That's impossible. Can only work if someone else is paying your rent and feeding you. The 20k can be used for other essentials.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Goddyrichie(m): 6:27am On Jul 17, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool 25k...

Na waiting most security men de collect as salary for Lagos here..

To be a man is not a day job.. men de pass thru Tins and things...

May God help all the men out der trying to survive.. ain't easy at all..

To survive with 25k, e go hard o!

1. if u de look for APARTMENT, try squats with PESIN..

2. Avoid women.. waiting I talk.. I say make u avoid women or better still avoid BROKE women!

3. if u one FUVK, if TOTTO de hungry u. find better cheap ASHAWOO joint and JAZZ in. the one way der price go be 5h to 1k for short time..

4. Avoid smoking.. I no talk say make u no smoke but avoid WEED because WEED go make u hungry for food and food dis days de expensive so try de SMOKE only CIGARETTE..

5. if u one drink.. no buy BEER.. only buy SACHET HOT GIN of 50 naira...

6. No put ur eyes for material tins... no go buy cloth for BOUTIQUE ooo.. only buy from local shops..

Make I stop here for now.. I one JAZZ in ASHAWOO house dis evening..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
chaii everywhere don red why boys no go scam

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by samwillyco1(m): 6:27am On Jul 17, 2023
Get Keke and start making your own good money
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:33am On Jul 17, 2023
That's how inconsiderate some Bosses can be.

I remember when I was paid 12k salary, I tried requesting for salary increase but it fell on deaf ears, I had to quit the job.

Now 12k is nothing compared to what I earn on daily basis.

Some bosses feel you're helpless and decides to oppress you.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by OhiOfIhima: 6:36am On Jul 17, 2023
Mtmike:
Pls quit the work and go learn a skill, furniture works, tiling, welding etc. persevere in the beginning and enjoy in less than 3yrs to come
Bro... Learning skill is very good but from my observation taking people within my cycle as a case studies. Presently in my compound, I have like 2 to 3 guys that learned Aluminum but they resort to work 4 salary. They have been into that for d past 2yrs now.
Reason be say no work forthcoming and no available funds yet to get them the necessary equipments. Same as people learn tiles and tailoring too.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by seanwilliam(m): 6:37am On Jul 17, 2023
It’s virtually impossible to survive on 25k monthly in this present economy . Please there’s nothing anyone can say to convince me . You can’t solely survive on that amount no matter your doggedness.

Bro you’ve not got a job yet, this is not funny atall. Find means, find ways to survive . At worst you’ll manage 60k which translates to 2k daily . 25k is just 800 naira, shey u no go pay transport, u no go chop ni ? U no go blow whistle? U no go buy data ? U no go buy cloth? U no go pay rent? Except you’re seeing support and tips here and there , but 25k solely it is not possible in every sense of it, even if you Dey drink everyday!!!!!!!!.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by NapoleonHill: 6:40am On Jul 17, 2023
MS247:
cool

You must learn how to negotiate salary with your boss

Tell them confidently you are ready to work diligently and honestly but a 25k salary needs some side attraction for you to be effective

You have a conversation like....

Sir; due to increase in cost of living 800 daily isn't enough for me to work effectively

Then you go further....

Sir; My feeding cost 600 to 1000 daily
My transport cost 200 daily
Accomodations cost 60,000 anually

Please would you be open to negotiate my salary further I will be very happy

You need to understand the nature of the job he does before anything. For such amount, it's probably a unskilled role which makes him swiftly replaceable.

You should also consider that the business itself is also under the economic situation that threatens it. A lot of businesses are meant to fail around this time.

He may be lucky with his negotiation but if it doesn't work, he should not feel bad about it.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by MadamExcellency: 6:40am On Jul 17, 2023
Ask the Federal government that is paying Youth Corpers N35,000 per month such a question.

The truth is that the people who commented on this thread and their parents (obviously 60% of you still live with your parents) will not pay their house help, gateman or nanny up to N25,000

1 Like

Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by OhiOfIhima: 6:41am On Jul 17, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

I remember when I was paid 12k salary, I tried requesting for salary increase but it fell on deaf ears, I had to quit the job.

Alhamdillilah
Pls, if you're in Lagos, I can come and learn or be a co-worker bcoz me too dey face d same challenge you once faced. For me, I have been with this Oga of mine(lady) for almost 3yrs now after I lost my job due to covid 19, I am still on three zero k, every plead of me to get the salary shift ground fell on d deaf ears.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by pagorino(m): 6:44am On Jul 17, 2023
That amount is very poor.
No matter how you try to manage it, it won't be enough. That's justbthe reality on ground.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:49am On Jul 17, 2023
You can manage this amount by staying single, actually.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:53am On Jul 17, 2023
OhiOfIhima:

Alhamdillilah
Pls, if you're in Lagos, I can come and learn or be a co-worker bcoz me too dey face d same challenge you once faced. For me, I have been with this Oga of mine(lady) for almost 3yrs now after I lost my job due to covid 19, I am still on three zero k, every plead of me to get the salary shift ground fell on d deaf ears.

I'm in Cross River State.

You can learn to work online because that's what I do to earn money online.

I grow followers for social media accounts of business owners.

I'm also a partner with MTN Through MTN-SDHE.

You can become an Affiliate of any of the two packages above to earn yourself extra income online.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Kaiser20: 6:58am On Jul 17, 2023
Goddyrichie:
Chaii everywhere don red why boys no go scam
I was coaching young graduates last week on the island, the topic was integrity and the best attitude in the marketplace.
Most of the students were making jokes in the classroom.
Their reasons are:
With the helpless conditions in Nigeria, Yahoo, and Japa are the only sure bets for the youths of Nigeria.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 17, 2023
look for a rich girlfriend but make sure you you hit her very well on your first intercos. Ladies will go extra miles for u when you knack the hell outta them pussy.
Sirchiboy:
Comments can come in now
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by uuzba(m): 7:02am On Jul 17, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

If you had money, you won't go for the job.
Bosses are out to maximise profit.
If you are a boss, you too will shortpay workers to keep your business afloat. The person that wants to go should wise up and go. Another person will rush and take same job with even less pay.
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by Boogyman557: 7:03am On Jul 17, 2023
Goddyrichie:
chaii everywhere don red why boys no go scam
Holly Gram cool NaSo young G..

WTF MAN!
Re: How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:04am On Jul 17, 2023
uuzba:

If you had money, you won't go for the job.
Bosses are out to maximise profit.
If you are a boss, you too will shortpay workers to keep your business afloat. The person that wants to go should wise up and go. Another person will rush and take same job with even less pay.
You are very right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I’ll Rather Quit Medicine Than Abandon Shoe-making - Adeosun Taiye / Workers Shut Down Operations Of Ait/ray Power / Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.