Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final (19985 Views)

Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money / Novak Djokovic Takes On 2 Fat Sumo Heavyweight Fighters (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Banbanna(m): 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
Could he be the next great tennis star out of EspaΓ±a after Rafa Nadal? Very much likely so. This lad's got all it takes for that long haul of tennis greatness.

1 Like

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by ofuonyebi: 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
it is a testament that Djokovic should be packing his kits gradually to leave the stage like Serena Williams!

2 Likes

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Mryacks: 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
femisplash:
Alcaraz has come to stay,not a fluke. Novak was lucky he suffered a cramp in their last encounter at the french open. Novak, you're a champ but i'm sorry, i just want someone that would beat him silly like he did to Federer and Nadal.

Exactly...top class player Novak, but I don't like that he overtook my guy Nadal. Long may Alcaraz conitnue yo serve him breakfast from now on.... grin

4 Likes

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by chukkystar(m): 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
Vamos!!! The new King of Tennis. He currently is unrivaled amongst the Younger Generation

1 Like

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by kilisi(m): 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2023
Lorddominic:
At just 20 years, he's won 2 Grand slams!!! This kid will definitely own male tennis world after Djokovic....can anyone confidently stop him? Alex Zverev, Mateo Berretini, Dan Medvedev, Norrie Cameron, Ruud Casper, Rublev, S. Tsitsipas....no one

Watch out for Holger Rune and Jannik Sinner too

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Kingluqman(m): 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
LIVINGICONREBOR:
You did it for me boy. If you know you know. Mehn, that was one hell of tennis.πŸ˜€

Novak don try. Make the young ones breef, don't suffocate them.
I know, how many odd dem give am grin
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by SayNo2SmallPrik: 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
Almiron:
Leo Messi's influence is unreal 🐐
abeg rest

6 Likes

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Angelfrost(m): 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
Finally, the Djokovic Monopoly is over!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by kayode4arch: 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2023
I swear guy u no get joy for Novak oo πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
femisplash:
Djokovic allowed him?
Seems you've not been following this guy. This is not his first of beating Novak. Did you see how he beat Medvedev(world no 3) in the semifinals?. He's my new favourite and i hope he stays fit to dominate for a very long time. And i hope he beats Novak and make him cry till he retires.
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by tonididdy(m): 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
…let the young breath
I watched this game and boy that 20yr old got moved, spins and flex!

….congratulations Carlos!

2 Likes

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Streetmovement(m): 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

There's always room for new Kings.
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Sprints3: 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
Lorddominic:
At just 20 years, he's won 2 Grand slams!!! This kid will definitely own male tennis world after Djokovic....can anyone confidently stop him? Alex Zverev, Mateo Berretini, Dan Medvedev, Norrie Cameron, Ruud Casper, Rublev, S. Tsitsipas....no one
lol. Another person will rise up and challenge him just watch Medvedev has been off of recent djokovic when he wants to mess up he will mess up so many unforced errors and his anger makes him pathetic the moment he lost two sets in a row and came back strongly still made so many unforced errors again. A player of his kind shouldn't not be making so many stupid errors against someone who has perfected groundstrokes. The boy is agile young and fit. Played like young djokovic who beat federer blue black in Australian open 2012. Anytime he tries to angle the boy the positions himself well and send him where If he tries to go there his spine will break and career gone. Djokovic will revenge and beat him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by phemmyfour: 11:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
budaatum:
Is this the dawn of a new Wimbledon King?
it's one off

Djokovic will bounce back
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by shabalistic: 11:44pm On Jul 16, 2023
I am so impress with the young champion. More Grand Slam for you Carlos.
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Hotwest: 12:03am On Jul 17, 2023
Tickets go cut well o

4 Likes

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by funkyjms: 12:51am On Jul 17, 2023
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Almiron: 1:07am On Jul 17, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

abeg rest
mumu
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by legba1(m): 2:37am On Jul 17, 2023
Is it not about time? no king rule for ever
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by lexy2014: 4:20am On Jul 17, 2023
Almiron:
Leo Messi's influence is unreal 🐐

wetin concern messi concern tennis?
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Mirasteel: 4:57am On Jul 17, 2023
Congrats kiddo
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by dfrost: 5:02am On Jul 17, 2023
Lorddominic:

Please remove Zverev from your list. He really disappointed me. Had high hopes for him but nah... Carlo and Tsitsipas are the new boys in town...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by kenic(m): 5:04am On Jul 17, 2023
Lorddominic:

Didn't see Sinner on your list.

2 Likes

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Benwallt(m): 5:13am On Jul 17, 2023
femisplash:
Alcaraz has come to stay,not a fluke. Novak was lucky he suffered a cramp in their last encounter at the french open. Novak, you're a champ but i'm sorry, i just want someone that would beat him silly like he did to Federer and Nadal.

I support. Especially on behalf of Nadal. I pray someone beats him 6 0, 6 0, 6 0, 6 0.

1 Like

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by fredoooooo: 5:24am On Jul 17, 2023
Wawelexy:

Djokovic lost his form after his last injury
Oga it's called sport , you 2in some and lose some . No need to justify it with form .
The better player won it on the day ...
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by fredoooooo: 5:34am On Jul 17, 2023
tonididdy:
…let the young breath
I watched this game and boy that 20yr old got moved, spins and flex!

….congratulations Carlos!
He combined it all, even Nole confirm it .
He was like Roger and Rafa have their flaws tactically but it's like the guy got it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by aleksa1: 5:34am On Jul 17, 2023
dfrost:

Please remove Zverev from your list. He really disappointed me. Had high hopes for him but nah... Carlo and Tsitsipas are the new boys in town...
That broken leg disrupted Zverev's rise. I hope he would gain back his form one day.

1 Like

Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by Tonytonex(m): 5:56am On Jul 17, 2023
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by iampeterben(m): 6:18am On Jul 17, 2023
Big congratulations to him I have always rooted for this dude to do this and He has done it this day. Congratulations to him.
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:42am On Jul 17, 2023
I still wonder how people enjoy football
Re: Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final by djon78(m): 6:47am On Jul 17, 2023
LIVINGICONREBOR:
You did it for me boy. If you know you know. Mehn, that was one hell of tennis.πŸ˜€

Novak don try. Make the young ones breef, don't suffocate them.

After Roger Federer and Nadal quit tennis

I don't take interest again

Seems we are having an emerging talent now

Happy he beat Novak

Will begin to take interest in it again

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Anichebe Getting Back On His Feet A Month After Injury [PICS] / Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Mali: AFCON 2015 Group D / Mo Sallah Wins CAF Best Player For Second Consecutive Year (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.