Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,880 members, 7,810,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? (3802 Views)

The Hookup Culture In Nigeria Is So Bad That Even Working 9-5 Babes Engage In It / A Girl Spent The Night At His Place And I'm Feeling So Bad About It. / (VIDEO) Dogs Are Human Best Friend Ever. Watch Has This Dog Got Shot For Is Fnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by Galaxyss(m): 6:42am On Jul 17, 2023
Miraj...

That your number 2 point was what surprising, all of them are content creation, influencer or model. With their overestimated wears, one said the guy is after her money. They really did the last lady bad.

But the guys sef most of them are not well cultured, one in asaba said "this one na iron to iron".
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by Karleb(m): 6:49am On Jul 17, 2023
They are copying something that the whites have been doing for a while now.
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by Candidlady: 6:57am On Jul 17, 2023
Is this video for real? Or a movie?
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by Sweetvie: 7:45am On Jul 17, 2023
Candidlady:
Is this video for real? Or a movie?
Yeah, there's more on Youtube. Very rubbish show
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by kingslj: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2023
[quote author=pansophist post=124466634]

Possibly, I don't think the audience represents the overall vetting behaviors of Nigerian singles. And yes, women are also visual and in my view, much more unforgiven than men in their ideal acceptable appearance.

What I was flabbergasted with was the automatic and unthinking basis for rejection, that the stated reasons for rejections were vain and material, then the consequent overdosage of insult to the rejected.

I mean you have rejected me, okay I have accepted, as I am now licking my wound, you are now slapping me with verbal insults, in the presence of my enemies (other potential rejecters).

The participants have traits such as a lack of empathy (e.g., you do not want him/her, that's okay, that doesn't mean they are bad people, or someone else won't like them).

Lack of character (e.g., insulting others because you don't find them attractive doesn't speak low of the insulted, but the insulter).

Lack of self-awareness (e.g. calling others fat, while you are equally fat).

Lack of essence (e.g., thinking being a valuable person depends on how many followers you have on social media, the cost of your clothes, the people you roll with, and confusing your high taste with high standards).

Lack of picking rightly (e.g., being attracted to fleeting things such as vibes, dress sense, curves, class, status, etc).

All in all, I think anyone that even appears on this show is an idiot. Normally you should meet people in real life, and spend time with them to determine their eligibility. Vetting should be organic, based on real-life experience with the person, not instant picking based on wrong foundations.

it is just appalling my Guy .
wasted country and its youths
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by traware(m): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2023
pansophist:

Which of the girls there do you deserve? Or are you not a Nigerian? grin
I am a Nigerian and the lady in blue is not bad at all.Her figure is stunning.The look on her face when she called the pilot 'ugly' made me laugh out loud
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by traware(m): 11:20am On Jul 17, 2023
pansophist:

Yes. The ladies had to respond with an insult because the men started it first. A better strategy would be to just ignore it.

Insult doesn't harm. I can program a computer to speak insulting words. So the ability to insult others is not groundbreaking or makes the insult valid.

When you refuse to insult back and ignore them instead, its more powerful than responding and also a signifier of strength. Just gaze at them for a few seconds, and look away, then ignore them permanently.

But all these protocols are if one is stupid to go to the show in the first place. Why defeat a pig in a dirty pond when you can avoid fighting the pig in the first place?

This is all well and good on paper especially the keeping quiet part and ignoring them but in real life,if anyone says anything disparaging about you,immediately give a curt and witty response.The men will think twice before taking you on next time and the women will become attracted to you for standing up for yourself.A prime example from the video was when a lady called the pilot 'short' and he brilliantly responded with 'I am short but i get money pass your papa'.Many women in the video's comment section are attacking the pilot because of his perceived 'arrogance' but its easy to tell they are simply attracted to his 'no fuccks given' attitude and he stood up for himself whenever anything disparaging was said to him.

2 Likes

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by Bbbwings: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2023
Omo who are these people?
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by pansophist(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
traware:
I am a Nigerian and the lady in blue is not bad at all.Her figure is stunning.The look on her face when she called the pilot 'ugly' made me laugh out loud

Female rejections are useless lol.

The girl that will like you might even be far better than the one that rejects you. It's not balanced at all. I blame the pilot for putting himself in such a jungle for girls to reject him.

2 Likes

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by GeneralPula: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
Lol..

I don laugh scatter. The show would have been a nice one but both genders involved are just out of it. If you observe well, you'll see they lack manners. I wonder why they had to throw insult..
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by Offyjoyy: 10:47am On Jul 19, 2023
Omo!!
I saw the video on Facebook few days ago and I was shocked.Like what exactly is going on .The way girls of nowadays behave i begin to wonder how the next generation of parents are going to be like.
How exactly do you judge someone base on appearance?and later they will be claiming "sapiosexuality"as if they have common sense.
🤦‍♀️

1 Like

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by pansophist(m): 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Offyjoyy:
Omo!!
I saw the video on Facebook few days ago and I was shocked.Like what exactly is going on .The way girls of nowadays behave i begin to wonder how the next generation of parents are going to be like.
How exactly do you judge someone base on appearance?and later they will be claiming "sapiosexuality"as if they have common sense.
🤦‍♀️

Now you see why in the past, culture made it their duty to choose suitors and to some extent, brides for their children. Because when you leave this inexperienced, immature, emotions-driven youth to make a choice, they choose wrongly based on nonsense like vibes.

I mean, will vibes pay the bill? or do vibes substitute for good character? How about faithfulness, empathy, and so forth?

3 Likes

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by pansophist(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
GeneralPula:
Lol..

I don laugh scatter. The show would have been a nice one but both genders involved are just out of it. If you observe well, you'll see they lack manners. I wonder why they had to throw insult..

Insecurities bros. Their ability to yab is to mask the deep-seated insecurities. Meanwhile, it's actually the opposite.

Yabbing someone reveals a deep-seated insecurity. It's easier to yab others than to accept you aint attractive for example.

3 Likes

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by pansophist(m): 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
traware:
This is all well and good on paper especially the keeping quiet part and ignoring them but in real life,if anyone says anything disparaging about you,immediately give a curt and witty response.The men will think twice before taking you on next time and the women will become attracted to you for standing up for yourself.A prime example from the video was when a lady called the pilot 'short' and he brilliantly responded with 'I am short but i get money pass your papa'.Many women in the video's comment section are attacking the pilot because of his perceived 'arrogance' but its easy to tell they are simply attracted to his 'no fuccks given' attitude and he stood up for himself whenever anything disparaging was said to him.

You are right. I know that civility can be appreciated by only a civil person. For some people, being civil with them constitute idiocy, and your ability to give them wotowoto is the only way they will treat you with respect.

The law of the jungle. Bumper to bumper. An automatic consequence to their fork ups, and so forth. I agree. Only be a gentleman to a lady, but if she is a tout, you change am for am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by pansophist(m): 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Galaxyss:
Miraj...

That your number 2 point was what surprising, all of them are content creation, influencer or model. With their overestimated wears, one said the guy is after her money. They really did the last lady bad.

But the guys sef most of them are not well cultured, one in asaba said "this one na iron to iron".

Jobs now are all online. No shop, no degree, no employers, all entrepreneurs grin

I mean, I can just open an Instagram account, get all my family to follow me, then start talking about personal development, and technically, I am a content creator, and also an entrepreneur since I offer individual classes online, doesn't matter if nobody patronizes me.

As for the actress, I can also do a min skit, and I am an actress as well. A model? Just wear cloth and snap for one tailor shop and boom, I am a model. The bar has been set so low, that everyone just wants to look cool on camera.

In fact, their behavior doesn't even fit their job. It's like a pastor coming to the show and being insulting. Is that one a pastor? Talk about the brain as your biggest liability. How life wan take better for the person? grin

5 Likes

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
pansophist:
Someone sent me a channel to watch. It was a channel of matchmaking in Lagos...

The last lady looked familiar. I visited her Instagram and confirmed she was the one. Then, I went on to look for the video of a street interview I watched several months ago.

In the video, she said she was deflowered at 16 and had slept with 10 guys before turning 20. When asked to mention their names, she could only mention five.

She added that she once had a quickie in an elevator and at the end of the interview, said she only wants guys with money.

You can see her interview here - https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn2dAhnu9WG/

1 Like

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by luminouz(m): 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ojagun:

1.The way both the males and females were hurling insults at each other was embarassing to watch and signifies the breakdown in parenting and social etiquette in the society.

2.I am not a fan of the presenter.Very unprofessional.Taking sides.

3.Funnily enough,i think many of the males if not all,were intimidated by some of the ladies.So they tried to cut them down to size.Negging perhaps??

4.I found two of the ladies to be very attractive.The one in sky blue with braids is my dream come true

Well, not to burst your bubble but she is not any dream. Check out the post above me and you will see what she confessed to doing.
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by pansophist(m): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2023
Shoodboi:

The last lady looked familiar. I visited her Instagram and confirmed she was the one. Then, I went on to look for the video of a street interview I watched several months ago.

In the video, she said she was deflowered at 16 and had slept with 10 guys before turning 20. When asked to mention their names, she could only mention five.

She added that she once had a quickie in an elevator and at the end of the interview, said she only wants guys with money.

You can see her interview here - https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn2dAhnu9WG/

This girl is on camera saying rubbish, saying things that will haunt her in the future. I mean, you have nacked at least ten guys since age 16, do you have to say it on camera?

And some manchii will say her past doesn't matter. Just imagine a man getting married to this one, and later seeing on his Instagram feeds his wife broadcasting t the world that she is a slut.

Talk about being loose, and also an idiot. Now tell me, how life wan take better for that person? grin

Anyways I am not shocked. For one to come to this show to find love in a point-and-kill style, means they are very dumb in the first place.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by Bfly: 7:24pm On Mar 19
The program would be initially for fun but it eats deep into the reality of the society
Re: Must Watch. Has relationship In Nigeria Degraded So Bad? by jaszplus12(m): 8:21am On Apr 08
pansophist:
Someone sent me a channel to watch. It was a channel of matchmaking in Lagos. The rule of the show is simple. So a group of single men will line themselves up, each holding a balloon.

Then a single girl will walk in. The guys that do not find her a good romantic match will burst their balloon, while the guys that didn't burst it will determine if she is also interested in him. This is the link to the video. You can also check the channels for numerous videos of this kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLazdwW3MyM .

The matchmaking is sad to so many extent. If this show represents matching in Nigeria, then it only goes to show how low our value system has fallen. Few things you will observe when you watch the show.

1. They judge themselves in a few seconds extremely negatively when a lady/guy walks in, even without speaking to each other. Reasons for rejections are a combination of vain things like height, skinny, appearance, shoes, clothing style, and vibes (what does that mean?).

2. None of them have a reasonable job. Almost all of them are influencers, content creators, entrepreneurs, social media marketers, cream sellers, business analysts, etc.

3. Character was never a reason for rejection. As I said earlier, rejection started even before they spoke to each other. They rejected the other base on their own prejudice. Participants were rejected because they wore slippers, didn't dress to their taste, etc.

I mean, a person that wears slippers today can wear shoes tomorrow, slippers are not permanent. How can that be a basis for rejection? One guy was rejected because he has gigolo vibes. Lmao

4. The participant didn't even consider personal virtue and character as the basic eligibility to have as an individual, and their potential match. Insults were just flying everywhere. You hear things like small deek, you look broke, you can't afford me, I am not your level, I earn six figures, etc.

There was one girl that rejected all the guys because they don't have big gbola. And she was asked how can she see their gbola? her answer was that it's visible from the trousers. Jesus Christ. (skip to 7.20)

5. They all have violence in hibernation, waiting to be unleashed on the other. I mean, you can reject someone without insulting them. Insulting them only speaks low of you. These participants even didn't care they are on camera.

Dirty insult just flying everywhere after rejection. It's so disgusting. I had to skip some parts because the insult was so raw and dirty. You hear things like you have three-inch deek, you are so dirty. You don't have a big yansh.

I have watched many episodes of the show, with hundreds of participants, and the theme is all the same. Low-class insults, judging and rejecting before talking, thinking what makes them a catch is the price of their outfits, their levels, high standards (which they confuse with high taste), and Instagram followers.

Naija.

Sincerely, the level of depravity is alarming! The hype for vanity is everything and evident! Gutter mouths spewing very bad English and dirty insults! Of course it springs from the mind, which means deep inside those looking for relationship already have the violence inherent! How then can a home be groomed when it's obvious they're not groomed from their homes!
It's shocking!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Girls Fond Of Doing This? Is This Just A Naija Thing Or A Global Thing? / 20 Ways To Make A Girl Smile. / How To Be Romantic (photo) For Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.