Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (277196 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by alongetayo: 12:28pm On Jan 18
Dejoh123:
Visa Alert!!! Visa Alert!!!!! Visa Alert!!!

Application to the University of Bolton in August but couldn't make September, so I deferred to January.

New admission letter: 5th October
Paid part tuition for CAS to be released: 21st October

Had to do TB test for CAS to be released
Welcome to Bolton.
TB test was done at Qlife: 22nd of November
POF had been in my account since the 2nd of November and was going to mature on the 30th November cuz the POF was required for CAS to be issued.

CAS was issued on the 31st December

Application at TLSContact VI and Standard Application

Visa Application: 6th January
Upload Documents: 8th January
Biometrics: 11th January
Passport Collection Mail: 16th January
BRP Mail: Came in Minutes before passport collection. Omoh my heart wan cut as I dey wait for TLS to collect passport.

Passport collected on the 17th January.

Documents Submitted;
1. Offer letter
2. CAS
3. Degree Cert
4. Transcripts
5. Employment contract
6. Travel History
7. Introduction letter
8. 2 months Bank statements(Globus Bank) From the 2nd Nov - 29th Dec
9. Letter from my parents of their support( This was just an add on)
10. NYSC Cert
11. WAEC Cert
12. ATAS Cert

I also didn't get any NSF Mail.

Also cuz my course required ATAS certificate had to wait for like 30 working days to get it.

I want to return all the glory to God. Cuz he do this one.

Any one going to Bolton let's link up!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Asumns: 1:17pm On Jan 18
Congratulations bro. I'm also going to Bolton this January.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Asumns: 1:18pm On Jan 18
Bolton family is here

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Osadeba1: 1:37pm On Jan 18
Hello good morning house šŸ , please who fly with Qatar recently and how much was the cost of an extra kg, 'i mean 1kg' is how much?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:40pm On Jan 18
You didnā€™t answer my question nor did you get my point.
Pennyseo2:

What I said is valid....even dependant hardly see jobs.
Seeing job in UK now is by the grace of God.
I am in various WhatsApp groups, telegraph etc people are crying. This is not even my cities... Across uk
If u have one. Better thanks God
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:41pm On Jan 18
So WhatsApp screenshots now constitute valid statistics? May God help us.
ImperialMcHael:

Abi o,
Let him leave the young man alone.

If by his facts, he gets those numbers, its a valid stat to justify his personal opinion.
Instead of the criticism, you also provide stats to support you apparent "unhasty generalisations"

Life is not hard.
Everybody should have a right to his opinion.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:47pm On Jan 18
Anyways, if youā€™re out there reading this and you let WhatsApp screenshots of an individual and his own little ā€œstatisticalā€ circle discourage you from DOING YOUR OWN RESEARCH and making an immigration decision, youā€™re on your own oh.

Because heā€™s showing you screenshots which is half of the story. Granted that nothing is easy, you donā€™t even know what kind of CV this ā€œstatisticalā€ circle are submitting.

Also, where Mr A is complaining that opportunities no dey, na there Mr B dey build millions from.

Just my two cents.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mattmich(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18
Around November 2022, a lady lost N1.93m to those guys on telegram. Be very careful with your hard earned money
jeslom:
Please guys all those telegram group on instagram selling dollar or pounds with escrow plus giving a lesser price are they legit. Or they just wanna chop my money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Emmanuel2289: 2:26pm On Jan 18
Please house Priority student dependant government sponsored .

Biometrics: 5th January 2024
8th January Got got IHS underpayment mail , paid on the 6th .

Till now nothing am really worried , anyone got similar issue .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Dejoh123(m): 2:57pm On Jan 18
Asumns:
Congratulations bro. I'm also going to Bolton this January.

That's good. When do you intend to travel.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 4:25pm On Jan 18
Yy

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Greenwisher: 6:28pm On Jan 18
Hello house
Will I need a transit visa if I travel with KLM through Amsterdam or with Airfrance through Paris?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jeslom: 6:56pm On Jan 18
Ephhay:
Be very careful, some of them are scam. If you can, use safer means.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by cbn4main: 7:15pm On Jan 18
Osadeba1:
Hello good morning house šŸ , please who fly with Qatar recently and how much was the cost of an extra kg, 'i mean 1kg' is how much?

Before this FX hike, in August 2022, I was charged almost 70k for like 10 to 15k excess luggage.
Paying for excess luggage is more expensive. Avoid excess luggage if u can. Otherwise, pay for an entire 23kg extra bag online and fill up your bag with food stuffs. It's cheaper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Emmanuel2289: 8:09pm On Jan 18

8th January Got got IHS underpayment mail , paid on the 6th .

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Emmanuel2289: 8:10pm On Jan 18

8th January Got got IHS underpayment mail , paid on the 9th .

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Beekayy: 10:00pm On Jan 18
Emmanuel2289:

Same here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Beekayy: 10:09pm On Jan 18
Emmanuel2289:

Pls let me know if you've heard from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mosme: 11:29pm On Jan 18
Hi all,

Please if a student who is suppose to work 20hours a week is given about 36 hours a week to work but told by the employer that at the end of the month they will make sure he has worked 80 hours a month, is this a breach of his student visa working hours ?

Second question when can a masters student start full time work without breech, is it when the course ends or when class ends and during dissertation

Thank you in advance for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 9:06am On Jan 19
fastseo:

Share me the documents boss let me help you interpret it
Lol, u mean I have a comprehension problem?
I couldn't find the link sha.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 9:15am On Jan 19
Mosme:
Hi all,

Please if a student who is suppose to work 20hours a week is given about 36 hours a week to work but told by the employer that at the end of the month they will make sure he has worked 80 hours a month, is this a breach of his student visa working hours ?

Second question when can a masters student start full time work without breech, is it when the course ends or when class ends and during dissertation

Thank you in advance for your response
Wages are paid on your NI number in UK. What the employer wanrs to do is pay the statutory 20hrs a week on your NI number and pay the remaining through direct bank transfer. That is safe, so no problem.
Your second question, I understand u can work full-time when class ends.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fastseo: 11:14am On Jan 19
heykims:

Lol, u mean I have a comprehension problem?
I couldn't find the link sha.

No p brother but I would have interpreted it in a way you understand.

Believe me.. The new law target those coming in
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Beekayy: 12:42pm On Jan 19
Pls how long does it take for vac to receive application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by AfahaAbia(m): 3:06pm On Jan 19
Thewritingnerd:
More people like you need to join this forum so that people can really see that itā€™s important to manage their expectations. Is it difficult to get good jobs, yeah. BUT CAN YOU GET THEM? YES.

The problem is that a lot of our people come here with the expectations of using 20hrs job to foot living expenses, rent, send money back home, foot school fees etc etc.

People will be talking as if the Nigeria theyā€™re in, jobs are easy to come by there. Thereā€™s an increased barrier to getting literally anything, in ANY country especially last year and now.

Does that now mean you should abandon all hopes of immigration to a country of your choice simply because someone out there is using WhatsApp screenshots as his own statistical evidence? The answer lies with you.

Please don't talk too much. Let them travel and see... Their body go tell them. For all those using fake block accounts to cheat the system and get visa, all you eyes go soon clear!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by olola4(m): 11:14pm On Jan 19
: smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by olola4(m): 11:15pm On Jan 19
AfahaAbia:

Please don't talk too much. Let them travel and see... Their body go tell them. For all those using fake block accounts to cheat the system and get visa, all you eyes go soon clear!!

Anybody that comes into the UK this 2024 should be given a royal welcome šŸ˜€

Please guys manage your expectations o, we that are already here are the ones that can tell you how it is, don't let anybody Bobo you that they got job within so so so days of coming to the UKā€¦the fact is that does it sort out their expense and is the job even regular

The funniest thing is that the Britons who pay lower school fees than us can not even afford it in a year! can you imagine? Their government have to support them with loans which they start paying when they start working.

So with this era of no form a/mad exchange rate how do you that is coming from a 3rd world West Africa country think you want to make that money in a year without breaking rules and over stressing yourself.

It is wellā€¦if you are coming to Hull you can send a PM I can give you some tips for soft landing and help you with some links when you are here

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by niyoposh: 3:24am On Jan 20
No.
You wouldn't
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Greenwisher: 8:30am On Jan 21
Newcastle here I comeā€¦Nairalanders you guys are too much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by hustla(m): 8:53am On Jan 21
AfahaAbia:

You just dey vex

grin

. But really, I am starting to see lots of people doing go fund me for sch fees in the UK these days

E no easy without form A

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by amorprincesa: 1:34pm On Jan 21
Shared room available in Birmingham UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by kinkyhead: 1:46pm On Jan 21
@duchess @willams20 @mattmich
Thank you so much for your guide... come and see what God has done!
Glory to God in the highest!!!!

My 10+ years old son just got his child dependant visa. Though I applied for him and his 17+ years old brother but his brother is yet to receive his visa. We are waiting anxiously....
Application was on 17th jan and my 10+plus years old son visa was approved 18th according to the letter and we are only receiving this letter today.
We are praying to God this week my older son will get his visa too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lexybaba1234: 2:19pm On Jan 21
This is my first ever post on nairaland and I will like to be honest with colleagues on this page,

In as much that I can't discourage people from legal migration to the UK, because we are in a free world. But, I can give some free advice based on my personal experience in the UK.

However, if you are coming on a study visa route. Note the following

1) Remember you are alone without dependant.

2) I beg you to ensure you carry 70%-80% of the balance of your school fees with you.

3) Lower your expectations

4) If you get job (20 hour per week) is nothing, remember you are alone. No combine income for you. If you do more hours, the payment/number of hours is linked to your NI and they will know.

5) Technically you can get your school fees back while on study visa no more. (As at last year, it is possible cos dependant will push more hours for combine income). But not anymore.

6) It is a serious immigration offence when you applied for next visa (PSW or tier 2). Someone just got his psw visa denied cos of 4 extra hours.

7) You can't change visa status until you finish your program.

cool Please note as at today the current exchange rate of Lemfi app is 1670 Naira/ Ā£.

9) Make sure you are loaded with Naira for pounds exchange.

Am not saying coming to UK is bad, am saying be prepared, and it is a long term investment.

My take.

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (269) (Reply)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.