Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (289395 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (275) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 8:15pm On Feb 16
heykims:
Hello guys in UK, is there any inexpensive way through which one can make phone calls to Nigeria asides whatssap ot telegram calls?

Download "whitecalling" app on playstore and set it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Pennyseo2: 11:33pm On Feb 16
Prigozhin:
Hello house, I am finding it hard to get a job here in UK. I arrived Leicester two weeks ago. Someone said I can't do a full time job as it would reflect in the home office that I am exceeding my work permit hours. But even multiple part time jobs are difficult to get. I went to a place today and I was asked if I have permit to work full time and I said yes out of frustration and my number was taken down with my name and they said they would send a link to me so I can upload my documents through the link. But someone says they'll still know if I am being asked to upload my BRP which will reveal my work limit.

When I was shouting no job issues here people said I am lying or lazy.
You got to apply hundred of jobs and won't get one invite... Na so so unfortunately you will be seeing.

Ufemia26:

If you are in the UK, pls go and volunteer to work as a data analyst for a charity organisation or any organisation at all. UK is big on work experience
williams20:

How did you come up with your over 80% statistics ?

Back to your question, once they get to know through share code or BRP they won't proceed you further unless the job is 20hours or less per week.

I won't advise even my enemy to come to UK now except u have the full fees n all money

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:46am On Feb 17
Pennyseo2:

You got to apply hundred of jobs and won't get one invite... Na so so unfortunately you will be seeing.

Back to your question, once they get to know through share code or BRP they won't proceed you further unless the job is 20hours or less per week.

I won't advise even my enemy to come to UK now except u have the full fees n all money

The person has had only 12 interviews after 300 applications. Are these professional jobs or menial jobs?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 7:29am On Feb 17
Pennyseo2:

That's it. People think you are lazy when they hear such. Even if na cleaning job I get I go do am.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Pennyseo2: 8:25am On Feb 17
Prigozhin:

That's it. People think you are lazy when they hear such. Even if na cleaning job I get I go do am.
You are welcome.
Just keep applying. Do a CV on cleaning, do in care, do on factory jobs.
Fot care.. Type care assistant with no experience on indeed and keep applying.

For cleaning.... Apply to those that where posted today.. In a day be apply for at least 10 to 20 new jobs.

On factory... Same thing.

Lastly do you have extra money to run a certification course... Like 800 pounds?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Pennyseo2: 8:29am On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

The person has had only 12 interviews after 300 applications. Are these professional jobs or menial jobs?
This is for professional jobs I think IT..
When you have just 1 or 2 years visa but employer are looking for who got 5 years visa.

Even in the care sector, low end jobs etc. Same stuff.
This year January alone I personally have applied to more than 200 cleaning jobs. Only got 2 interview.we were many that came for the interview for a 10 hours job a week and I wil be spending 8 pounds for transport cos it's two drops from my place / 20 minutes and pay is 10.40 pounds per her and I will work for 1hr30mins per day
But I don't mind I said I will trek while coming back.

Am still waiting for their response now is February but I know they have employed one of us that came for the interview cos the interviewer was asking me if I have licence to mixed certain chemicals used for cleaning. What is the job all about self? Just one small store that sells baby stuff and u just clean the floor 7am before they open

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:04am On Feb 17
Pennyseo2:

When you have just 1 or 2 years visa but employer are looking for who got 5 years visa.

This year January alone I personally have applied to more than 200 cleaning jobs. Only got 2 interview.we were many that came for the interview for a 10 hours job a week and I wil be spending 8 pounds for transport cos it's two drops from my place / 20 minutes and pay is 10.40 pounds per her and I will work for 1hr30mins per day

Am still waiting for their response now is February but I know they have employed one of us that came for the interview cos the interviewer was asking me if I have licence to mixed certain chemicals used for cleaning. What is the job all about self? Just one small store that sells baby stuff and u just clean the floor 7am before they open

Cc Gerrard59. Damn then you guys are suffering there omho and now with the salary Threshold, things will get harder.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gerrard59(m): 4:21pm On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

Cc Gerr.ard59. Damn then you guys are suffering there omho and now with the salary Threshold, things will get harder.

Good luck to those involved. Very few people would qualify for that salary threshold sha. There are many factors which contribute to a fresh immigrant who studied in the UK attaining that threshold.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Atk1nson(m): 7:41am On Feb 18
Not here to argue with anyone here.

My advise that new and strrugling to break into the UK job market is that you engage with immigrants employed in the field and get advise and mentorship from them. Avoid or reduce the propensity to get this advise or mentorship from your fellow applicant who also is struggling to make headway or from someone who is disillusioned about the job market.

The UK still has a very high level of unfilled vancies and many employers will not mind employing an african immigrants who presents his/herself the right way. There may be some racial barrier, but I do not see the UK as a racist country. Also, location may also matter, but the uk is a small country, relocation should often not be a problem.

There is also good reason why the wage growth has been outstripping inflation even when inflation went as high as 6% - there's a big labour shortage here.

If you don't get here on nairaland, go on linkedin, using your nigerian uni or other nigerian unis, search for nigeria who migrated and ask them how they cracked it and what's the best way for you.

In my opinion, the most important barrier is your first job here (and it doesnt have to be your ideal employment but must have a clear relationship to where your going). Subsequent ones become much easier and in the country, you can switch jobs even 1 months after you join, employer will be fine.

Much like renting, your first rent in the open market may be hard, but when you decide to move , you find it much easier.

Peace

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Pennyseo2: 9:04am On Feb 18
Atk1nson:

My advise that new and strrugling to break into the UK job market is that you engage with immigrants employed in the field and get advise and mentorship from them. Avoid or reduce the propensity to get this advise or mentorship from your fellow applicant who also is struggling to make headway or from someone who is disillusioned about the job market.

The UK still has a very high level of unfilled vancies and many employers will not mind employing an african immigrants who presents his/herself the right way. There may be some racial barrier, but I do not see the UK as a racist country. Also, location may also matter, but the uk is a small country, relocation should often not be a problem.

There is also good reason why the wage growth has been outstripping inflation even when inflation went as high as 6% - there's a big labour shortage here.

If you don't get here on nairaland, go on linkedin, using your nigerian uni or other nigerian unis, search for nigeria who migrated and ask them how they cracked it and what's the best way for you.

In my opinion, the most important barrier is your first job here (and it doesnt have to be your ideal employment but must have a clear relationship to where your going). Subsequent ones become much easier and in the country, you can switch jobs even 1 months after you join, employer will be fine.

Much like renting, your first rent in the open market may be hard, but when you decide to move , you find it much easier.

Peace

Is it the Nigerians that won't like to tell you where they work or referee you so you don't come to drag shift with them?
Although it's normal, I understand anyone will do whatever possible to protect their job etc.
Here everyone minds their business and once they know you have nothing or always ask from them they stop picking your calls.

Many forums I was, I know how I often disturb this people. Including the admin about my lack of job. Most of them just ignore. Other just say keep applying. Have you gone to this place, have you gone to this agency while they themselves know those agencies don't recruit anymore.

The bottom line is that job are now like before. Previously employers do organise job fair,where they come to stadium every now and then to look for people to fill their vacant position.
But today all that is gone. I have a long list of agencies, plus some that are scrapped from Google.. Call them or send them a message they said no vacancy. Go to them in person they said if anything comes up they put it up on indeed and job sites..

The jobs they have or what they expect or require is not what an average new migrant possesses.

You might think it's only you, but by them time you spend time with your classmates who came same months with you then you realised all are just putting on smiling face with no shimgbi.. No job. They are in same shoe like you are.

Let's just accept the simple fact. That's why I am telling those coming or intending to come to please hold 80% of funds most especially their school fees.

Saying one should avoid fellow applicants... Well I found strength in them. When I feel like giving up, I pick my phone,call two to three persons from different cities, their determination gives me more energy to keep pushing that I am not alone. If not I for don return back to Nigeria teh teh.

Although now I got a 20hrs job forklift... I did the certification course.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Atk1nson(m): 11:04am On Feb 18
Pennyseo2:

Is it the Nigerians that won't like to tell you where they work or referee you so you don't come to drag shift with them?
Although it's normal, I understand anyone will do whatever possible to protect their job etc.
Here everyone minds their business and once they know you have nothing or always ask from them they stop picking your calls.

Many forums I was, I know how I often disturb this people. Including the admin about my lack of job. Most of them just ignore. Other just say keep applying. Have you gone to this place, have you gone to this agency while they themselves know those agencies don't recruit anymore.

The bottom line is that job are now like before. Previously employers do organise job fair,where they come to stadium every now and then to look for people to fill their vacant position.
But today all that is gone. I have a long list of agencies, plus some that are scrapped from Google.. Call them or send them a message they said no vacancy. Go to them in person they said if anything comes up they put it up on indeed and job sites..

The jobs they have or what they expect or require is not what an average new migrant possesses.

You might think it's only you, but by them time you spend time with your classmates who came same months with you then you realised all are just putting on smiling face with no shimgbi.. No job. They are in same shoe like you are.

Let's just accept the simple fact. That's why I am telling those coming or intending to come to please hold 80% of funds most especially their school fees.

Saying one should avoid fellow applicants... Well I found strength in them. When I feel like giving up, I pick my phone,call two to three persons from different cities, their determination gives me more energy to keep pushing that I am not alone. If not I for don return back to Nigeria teh teh.

Have you tried linkedin? I have done it before and so I can tell you it works.

In the search bar, type your desired profession+ a nigerian uni+ location

E.g for someone seeking to connect with an immigrant data analyst:

Data analyst university of lagos united kingdom

Nairaland has a toxic environment, so people are not keen on connecting offline. Linkedin is much different, people are happy to help with career and mentorship if you approach them correctly.

The Uk is an information driven environment, you'll likely go far and faster with the right information, and no, those looking for a job and having same gloomy outlook as you are unlikely to be able to help with this.

They won't be providing you a job but key information on how to best route into the sector.

For instance, if you want to apply for a job on my team, I'm probably able to to provide insights as to key words that should be on you CV and things they'll be looking out for in the interview

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Atk1nson(m): 11:14am On Feb 18
I'm not here to argue, I've given my advise. You can take it or leave it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Pennyseo2: 11:45am On Feb 18
Atk1nson:

Have you tried linkedin? I have done it before and so I can tell you it works.

In the search bar, type your desired profession+ a nigerian uni+ location

E.g for someone seeking to connect with an immigrant data analyst:

Data analyst university of lagos united kingdom

Nairaland has a toxic environment, so people are not keen on connecting offline. Linkedin is much different, people are happy to help with career and mentorship if you approach them correctly.

The Uk is an information driven environment, you'll likely go far and faster with the right information, and no, those looking for a job and having same gloomy outlook as you are unlikely to be able to help with this.

They won't be providing you a job but key information on how to best route into the sector.

For instance, if you want to apply for a job on my team, I'm probably able to to provide insights as to key words that should be on you CV and things they'll be looking out for in the interview

First am not the person who applied 300 jobs opening and got 100 declined. I just picked a few complaints on multiple whatappp forum I am into.
Like the person am responding to pointed out ... And secondly the person I believe has don this and more to this and I went through his lamentation and also ways he is pushing to break through. I posted few below

Finally I won't push further to respond to u... The job market is simply responding to demand and supply. That's it.

As market becomes saturated with lots of Indians, China, Nepal who are far ahead of in IT related skills, employer push to the extreme and become selective as they just want the best in not only experience but validity of visa.

I had to cough out 800 pounds, did a forklift course, got the certification before I was able to get employed.

Until you are in ones shoes you will be outside the box to give advice and you will sound just wish and the other person as unwise n not actually given his best to secure a job.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Pennyseo2: 12:00pm On Feb 18
You can see that people are doing the extreme under the sledging hammer of house rent, food, transport fee etc with high exchange rate back home as u struggle to convert to keep ur self going.

This makes me to sound a clear advice... If you don't have 80% of fees and 5 months rent or best 8 months rent.. No matter how sharp you are please keep that 20m or 25m or use it for something better than trying student route to UK for now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Pennyseo2: 12:11pm On Feb 18
Atk1nson:
I'm not here to argue, I've given my advise. You can take it or leave it

You advise can't fly in the short run ... I assure you......

Maybe in the long run.

If I have all the time not this 12 months visa. I will just look for reputable agencies that offer training in IT at a fee (1500 to 3000 pounds) then recommend their candidate or graduates to key employers who they partner with.
But the issue is that their training last up to 2 years while there is bills mounting up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by haaryobhami: 1:10pm On Feb 18
verocharles:
Don't bother, they will still send the link to complete the payment. A friend applied on 2nd January 2024, but got link to complete the payment yesterday 31/01/2024. Relax No cause for alarm

after they send the link, does it guarantee that ur psw will be approved ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by AlphaCentaurii: 2:38pm On Feb 18
Gurus in the house.

Abeg I'm a PhD student in the UK. I have £2,500 in my account and I want to fully sponsor my dad's visiting visa. Dad is not working and has no money in his bank account.

Please, will the ECO agree £2.5k is enough for me to fully sponsor someone? If not, what is the minimum you will advise for me to have in other to sponsor him?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Pennyseo2: 4:09pm On Feb 18
AlphaCentaurii:
Gurus in the house.

Abeg I'm a PhD student in the UK. I have £2,500 in my account and I want to fully sponsor my dad's visiting visa. Dad is not working and has no money in his bank account.

Please, will the ECO agree £2.5k is enough for me to fully sponsor someone? If not, what is the minimum you will advise for me to have in other to sponsor him?

I believe you should have at least your living expenses and your remaining fees and but I don't know if you should get a 5k to show you can take care of him.
All the best.

Lastly is your PhD tuition free?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by AlphaCentaurii: 4:53pm On Feb 18
Pennyseo2:

I believe you should have your list of living expenses and your remaining fees and but I don't know if you should get a least 5k to show you can take care of him.
All the best.

Lastly is your PhD tuition free?

Thank you.

No it's not free
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Backpedal: 6:25pm On Feb 18
fastseo:

That's what you should say.... 20 hours weh never do for house rent, gas and electricity...

Interesting

Remember you have POF for a reason right ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fastseo: 9:15pm On Feb 18
Backpedal:

Interesting

Remember you have POF for a reason right ?

Do you know that a lot of people got their visa granted when pounds was 565?
That's they were expected to have at least 13m in account but by the time they got to ul the exchange rate had gone to 1300 and now it's now 2000 meaning 22k at 13m is now 22k at 41m.

Where do you expect they get the reminder from to make up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tinafusty: 9:36pm On Feb 18
Please is those foreign students sponsored by NDDC , under government sponsored?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jesmond3945: 10:48pm On Feb 18
Pennyseo2:

take phone and call. Trust me, even cleaning jobs get 400 applications. Besides without uk experience it is very hard.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jesmond3945: 10:50pm On Feb 18
Pennyseo2:

You are welcome.
Just keep applying. Do a CV on cleaning, do in care, do on factory jobs.
Fot care.. Type care assistant with no experience on indeed and keep applying.

For cleaning.... Apply to those that where posted today.. In a day be apply for at least 10 to 20 new jobs.

On factory... Same thing.

Lastly do you have extra money to run a certification course... Like 800 pounds?

leave indeed. Pick phone and call them. Go to agency office and get something.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jesmond3945: 10:52pm On Feb 18
Pennyseo2:

do you live close to london? Also, network as well. Nigerians help each other a lot for work purposes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Zerohard: 10:53pm On Feb 18
Couple of things:

PS: My comments is for the Tech space.

1) Applying to 300 jobs and 100 decline. 12 interviews is pretty much a good stat

2) Markets hasn’t gotten saturated with lots of Indians, it’s always been that way.

3) Indians are not far ahead of you, they just have better information and embraces a sense of community.

4) Give high priority to how you package yourself, your resume should be high class. If you applying for a data analyst role, let your resume show past experience as a data analyst not data admin etc as your screenshot says. It dosent matter if you have the experience or not. Nothing is stopping you from having 5yrs exp as a Sr Data Analyst in a top tech firm in Nigeria before relocating (dosent matter if you have it or not, you get what I’m saying).

5) Uplevel your skills in the field you are going. You don’t need to pay for those $1k clases. You can DIY learning on Udemy for $10

6) Certification in not needed in Data Analysis or any high end analytics role (DE, DS, MLE etc).

7) have various resume of various job tittle with directly relatable quantified experience

8 ) If you in school, hunt for internships. Job hunting should be an integral part of your productivity. Set a goal to apply to >50 daily. Before you start applying complete number 4.

9) Don’t be limited to a single job family. What your degree is in, dosent hold more weight that your work experience. Your work experience is what you make it to be. Spread your search to other tech roles that dosent require SME knowledge (e.g Scrum, Project Manager etc)

10. Network network network. LinkedIn, LinkedIn, LinkedIn.

11. Applying to 300 jobs and 100 decline. 12 interviews is pretty much a good stat

That’s said, I don’t live in the UK, and I have never been to the UK either (I like in the States). It won’t take a big lift to get a >£100k job with sponsorship if I have the interest.

Happy to give more information to anyone willing to break into the Tech space, no dm’s will answer any question here if I am needed.

Thanks

Pennyseo2:

First am not the person who applied 300 jobs opening and got 100 declined. I just picked a few complaints on multiple whatappp forum I am into.
Like the person am responding to pointed out ... And secondly the person I believe has don this and more to this and I went through his lamentation and also ways he is pushing to break through. I posted few below

Finally I won't push further to respond to u... The job market is simply responding to demand and supply. That's it.

As market becomes saturated with lots of Indians, China, Nepal who are far ahead of in IT related skills, employer push to the extreme and become selective as they just want the best in not only experience but validity of visa.

I had to cough out 800 pounds, did a forklift course, got the certification before I was able to get employed.

Until you are in ones shoes you will be outside the box to give advice and you will sound just wish and the other person as unwise n not actually given his best to secure a job.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jesmond3945: 10:55pm On Feb 18
Atk1nson:

Peace

God bless you. People should read and digest. If you stay near london or you work in london, common jobs will pursue you.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jesmond3945: 11:03pm On Feb 18
Pennyseo2:

i dont think you understood the write up. Do you know that the man that sells in african shop can link you up? Were you live, get nigerians who are already working, tell them to give you link. If no one is giving you link thats because they sense desperation from you. I know new nigerians that come in, they wont even say how you are doing, first thing they would tell you is job job job. Even when they get job, they wont even say thank you or call you as before. When you reach out to them, is always complain or guy how far now find me better job. So no one wants to put up with such. You have to gain people's trust and they will link you up.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jesmond3945: 11:06pm On Feb 18
Pennyseo2:

so you have a job now but you painted the picture of woes. Thats the typical nigerian. Even if you give them PM of uk,they would still complain.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jesmond3945: 11:08pm On Feb 18
Zerohard:
Couple of things:

PS: My comments is for the Tech space.

1) Applying to 300 jobs and 100 decline. 12 interviews is pretty much a good stat

2) Markets hasn’t gotten saturated with lots of Indians, it’s always been that way.

3) Indians are not far ahead of you, they just have better information and embraces a sense of community.

4) Give high priority to how you package yourself, your resume should be high class. If you applying for a data analyst role, let your resume show past experience as a data analyst not data admin etc as your screenshot says. It dosent matter if you have the experience or not. Nothing is stopping you from having 5yrs exp as a Sr Data Analyst in a top tech firm in Nigeria before relocating (dosent matter if you have it or not, you get what I’m saying).

5) Uplevel your skills in the field you are going. You don’t need to pay for those $1k clases. You can DIY learning on Udemy for $10

6) Certification in not needed in Data Analysis or any high end analytics role (DE, DS, MLE etc).

7) have various resume of various job tittle with directly relatable quantified experience

8 ) If you in school, hunt for internships. Job hunting should be an integral part of your productivity. Set a goal to apply to >50 daily. Before you start applying complete number 4.

9) Don’t be limited to a single job family. What your degree is in, dosent hold more weight that your work experience. Your work experience is what you make it to be. Spread your search to other tech roles that dosent require SME knowledge (e.g Scrum, Project Manager etc)

10. Network network network. LinkedIn, LinkedIn, LinkedIn.

11. Applying to 300 jobs and 100 decline. 12 interviews is pretty much a good stat

That’s said, I don’t live in the UK, and I have never been to the UK either (I like in the States). It won’t take a big lift to get a >£100k job with sponsorship if I have the interest.

Happy to give more information to anyone willing to break into the Tech space, no dm’s will answer any question here if I am needed.

Thanks

the guy already got a good job. He doesnt need advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Backpedal: 11:52pm On Feb 18
fastseo:

Do you know that a lot of people got their visa granted when pounds was 565?
That's they were expected to have at least 13m in account but by the time they got to ul the exchange rate had gone to 1300 and now it's now 2000 meaning 22k at 13m is now 22k at 41m.

Where do you expect they get the reminder from to make up

Let us continue lying to ourselves like we didn't know what happened.

If truly u had the funds in the POF AT least the school fees would have been paid off in full

But anyways that is Convo for another day.
But like I said; make we continue

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fastseo: 12:16am On Feb 19
Backpedal:

Let us continue lying to ourselves like we didn't know what happened.

If truly u had the funds in the POF AT least the school fees would have been paid off in full

But anyways that is Convo for another day.
But like I said; make we continue

If everyone around you lies then that's up to you.

How can you pay your school fees in full with 2023 directive from CBN? Are u in Nigeria at all or u landed from the moon?

A lot of people got their admission 2022 November down to early 2023 paid their first deposit using form A. Got their visa instantly waited till August/September before landing UK cos u can't leave except a month to your school resumption.

Most people couldn't pay all their fees cos early last year, banks only processed halve of what students wanted to pay as deposits then later it was reduced even further in some banks. And you have to wait for another 6 months before initiating another form A once the first has been processed
I got my admission in February 2023.

People left funds in banks hoping to get it converted to pounds through form A but gradually the pounds went high within just 3 months.

People just had to wait if things will return back to normal. But you can see where it has gone to. Pounds is now 2000+.

Will you now just return back to Nigeria after spending huge amount of money or to find a way to resolve it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (275) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.