Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (273615 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Euegene100001: 7:48pm On Feb 21
Thank you very much
lexybaba1234:

Dear, Euegene,

Like I said earlier, I have explained the reasons why it is extremely unlikely for you to have Psw.

The ball is in your court brother, And everything is in your hands! Think about it before you sign the undertaking! They keep these documents. I made some explanation earlier though.

But please keep all these conversations should in case they wanna make Uturn!. Have printed copies with you at the POE at UK Immigration.

Most importantly, have some amount to top up your school fees with you on arrival, at least to make it 60%, I dont know how much you paid as deposit (they will likely ask for more before you enrolled into the program). UK school are not smiling now.

The best is yours!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Guruindahouse(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21
I think my email attached to this monicker has issue. I just didn't know why you didn't get my email

Can you write me via loveycal(at).y.a.h.o.o.com or you can drop me your email ID also.

Thanks bro

hustla:

Didnt see your DM

If you plan to school in Teesside, stay outside the Middlesbrough area so you can get a job easily and focus on your studies

The work placement option is nice if you have experience and can get something in your field. 2 yrs also allows you to spread payment and not be under lots of pressure

smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by wallchat: 10:45pm On Feb 21
Hello Guys.

Please Kindly help with some valuable advice and insights.
My uncle, who resides in the UK, has generously offered to support me in relocating there through the study route. He suggested pursuing a Master's degree program.
However, as I have no prior experience with this process, I'm eager to learn more about what it entails. I'd be incredibly grateful if anyone who has successfully relocated to the UK using a Master's degree program could share their knowledge and experiences.

Specifically, I'm keen to understand the costs involved, What is the typical range of costs associated with tuition, living expenses, and the visa application process?

Additionally, please let me know if there are any other crucial aspects I should be aware of that could impact my decision or the success of my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 11:06pm On Feb 21
wallchat:
Hello Guys.

My uncle, who resides in the UK, has generously offered to support me in relocating there through the study route. He suggested pursuing a Master's degree program.
However, as I have no prior experience with this process, I'm eager to learn more about what it entails. I'd be incredibly grateful if anyone who has successfully relocated to the UK using a Master's degree program could share their knowledge and experiences.

Specifically, I'm keen to understand the costs involved, What is the typical range of costs associated with tuition, living expenses, and the visa application process?

Additionally, please let me know if there are any other crucial aspects I should be aware of that could impact my decision or the success of my application.

All the info you need is here https://www.nairaland.com/7767052/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Kenexavier: 1:31pm On Feb 22
wallchat:
Hello Guys.
Just Google cheap and affordable schools in the UK with good payments ...some smaller universities in the UK have good payment plans and are cheaper when compared to other schools in major cities

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by John854: 7:08pm On Feb 22
Hi guys please what is the current visa charge at the embassy for uk student visa in naira
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 7:45pm On Feb 22
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ogeneigbo1: 9:20am On Feb 24
Good day everyone.

I just got admission for a pre masters program ( path way program )

program is just for 3 months before the main masters

Please I wish to know the advantages and disadvantages of such program.

I feel is good I seek advice from experienced people here before I make any move

cc justwise
Lexusgs430
descarado
ReesheesuKnack
missjekyll
Other experienced UK residents

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 9:50am On Feb 24
Ogeneigbo1:
Good day everyone.

I just got admission for a pre masters program ( path way program )

program is just for 3 months before the main masters

Please I wish to know the advantages and disadvantages of such program.

I feel is good I seek advice from experienced people here before I make any move

cc justwise
Lexusgs430
descarado
ReesheesuKnack
missjekyll
Other experienced UK residents

Thank you.

1. Is this part of the masters program or do you have to apply for masters after the 3months pre-masters course?

2. Is this included in the whole tuition fees?

3. What masters course will you be studying?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by victorVIC1(m): 9:53am On Feb 24
I understand there were recent changes in IHS and Visa fees. Please what are the current students' dependant fees as I need this information to process the visa for my kids?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ogeneigbo1: 10:08am On Feb 24
Thank you.

1. According to Oxford international, it's part of the masters program but applicant must pass the final exam to be able to continue with master proper.

2. The fee is separate from the main masters degree fee.infact the offer letter stated that they can't disclose the masters degree fees now.

3. The Course is Logistics, Data Analytics and Supply Chain Management.

justwise:

1. Is this part of the masters program or do you have to apply for masters after the 3months pre-masters course?

2. Is this included in the whole tuition fees?

3. What masters course will you be studying?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 10:24am On Feb 24
Ogeneigbo1:
Thank you.

1. According to Oxford international, it's part of the masters program but applicant must pass the final exam to be able to continue with master proper.

2. The fee is separate from the main masters degree fee.infact the offer letter stated that they can't disclose the masters degree fees now.

3. The Course is Logistics, Data Analytics and Supply Chain Management.

Did you apply for this course your self or was it done by an agent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ogeneigbo1: 10:28am On Feb 24
It was done by an agent.

justwise:

Did you apply for this course your self or was it done by an agent?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Feb 24
Ogeneigbo1:
It was done by an agent.

This more likely a scam.

Were you issued a CAS?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ogeneigbo1: 10:59am On Feb 24
CAS will be issued if I accept the offer , submit necessary documents and pay the 50% tuition deposit.

justwise:

This more likely a scam.

Were you issued a CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 11:02am On Feb 24
Ogeneigbo1:
CAS will be issued if I accept the offer , submit necessary documents and pay the 50% tuition deposit.

Hmmm.

You can not pay school deposit even before you accept the offer, You accept the offer, pay school fees deposit then CAS is issued.

So how much did you pay for the deposit and which account did you pay it to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ogeneigbo1: 11:16am On Feb 24
I have not paid anything, the offer just came in , I came here to seek advice first before going further .

My fears are; 3 months pathway course for 8k plus, pay another fees assuming you fail, then if you pass , you still pay another fees so as to run the masters proper.

I have seen some pathway program for 9 months to 1year. At least I can settle down before I start thinking of paying another fees. Considering housing, feeding and work issues , it will be hard to combine these and at the same time trying to pass my pathway exams ,all in 3 months .

justwise:

Hmmm.

You can not pay school deposit even before you accept the offer, You accept the offer, pay school fees deposit then CAS is issued.

So how much did you pay for the deposit and which account did you pay it to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 11:22am On Feb 24
Ogeneigbo1:
I have not paid anything, the offer just came in
, I came here to seek advice first before going further .

My fears are; 3 months pathway course for 8k plus, pay another fees assuming you fail, then if you pass , you still pay another fees so as to run the masters proper.

I have seen some pathway program for 9 months to 1year. At least I can settle down before I start thinking of paying another fees. Considering housing, feeding and work issues , it will be hard to combine these and at the same time trying to pass my pathway exams ,all in 3 months .

Glad you clarified that.

So yes i understand your concerns which is valid but let me ask you this...Can you afford to study in the UK and how much do toy have?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ogeneigbo1: 11:31am On Feb 24
Thank you for this question.

I can manage to pay at least 60 % of the tuition fees if I get a direct masters degree. Then pay the remaining 40% as I settle down.

justwise:
[b]

Glad you clarified that.

So yes i understand your concerns which is valid but let me ask you this...Can you afford to study in the UK and how much do toy have?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 12:27pm On Feb 24
Ogeneigbo1:

I can manage to pay at least 60 % of the tuition fees if I get a direct masters degree. Then pay the remaining 40% as I settle down.

You can but before then read the first page of this thread regarding financial and other requirements. Then let know what you think
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by miidae(f): 12:41pm On Feb 24
I’M FLOURISHING IN HARD TIMES
Dependant visa grant
Application Submitted on Monday(19/02)
Visa out on Thursday(22/02)
Standard visa
Self upload
Got my passport/brp mail (dated 20/02) yesterday
Also got a job offer 400k in Sango Ota (managerial role)
at a cross road😩😩
Abeg who get plug for cheap flight in March?
Lemme weigh my options

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by myhero: 3:57pm On Feb 24
miidae:
Dependant visa grant
Standard visa
Self upload
at a cross road😩😩
Lemme weigh my options

Cheap flight to where
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by miidae(f): 4:21pm On Feb 24
myhero:

Cheap flight to where
Less than 1M to (Heathrow) London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 5:33pm On Feb 24
Ogeneigbo1:

If no dependant... My brother let's be honest
how much is your remaining fees?
How does your school spread her installment?
How much is exchange rate today?

We the current student on ground will give you real time data you need.

Full school fees or at least 80/90% and you should have a backup plan on how to pay the rest if no job comes within the next 4 months.

Right now most companies hardly or don't employ students.. They don't use their ear to hear student
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ogeneigbo1: 5:43pm On Feb 24
Thank you.

To be fair to justwise, I think you are saying the same with him if my interpretation is correct.

He is coming indirect if you can read in between lines , but you are coming more direct.

I have read the first page of this thread like justwise advised,and I see where he is heading to.

I am still analysing the situation at hand.

But let me ask you. Judging by what is currently happening in UK, if I pay 80 to 90 % school fees, do you think I will break even, I used the word break even because,at last na money I dey find come UK.

fullclub:

If no dependant... My brother let's be honest
how much is your remaining fees?
How does your school spread her installment?
How much is exchange rate today?

Don't listen to justwise... We the current student on ground will give you real time data you need.

Full school fees or at least 80/90% and you should have a backup plan on how to pay the rest if no job comes within the next 4 months

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 6:24pm On Feb 24
Ogeneigbo1:

Thank you.

To be fair to justwise, I think you are saying the same with him if my interpretation is correct.

He is coming indirect if you can read in between lines , but you are coming more direct.

I have read the first page of this thread like justwise advised,and I see where he is heading to.

But let me ask you. Judging by what is currently happening in UK, if I pay 80 to 90 % school fees, do you think I will break even, I used the word break even because,at last na money I dey find come UK.

I know why I said don't mind him... Let me reserve that for my self.

99% of us coming here na money we find come...
But of recent the job is no longer as it use to be. A lot of student hardly see jobs as most recruiter prefer full time worker.

I know what I am saying, if u doubt, download telegram n search your school or at least 4 schools you know about here in UK and go through their comments from October to January.... Focus on the job discussion.

That's why I said please hold at least 80/95% and have a backup plan to pay the rest. More also have 4 to 5 months rent at hand. Please

UK humble a lot that came with high expectations last September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 6:47pm On Feb 24
Ogeneigbo1:

Thank you.

Ok i asked you to do that so as to know what it takes to study in the UK, so far you are taking the right step asking necessary questions .

fullclub did not do what you are doing now, he came to the UK with little or no money, used untouchable loan to get a visa and now paying the price. He is bitter because i called him out when he started a thread lying to people about the cause of hardship in the UK.

Don't do what many Nigerians like fullclub did by cheating the system to get a visa then get to the UK trying to work to pay fees and rent.

If you have the money to study in the UK without relying on part time job to pay remaining fees and rent pls do.

Finally you don't need any agent to get admission or apply for visa, avoid agent by all means, all the info you need is here and if there is anything you need more input on pls ask.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ogeneigbo1: 8:16pm On Feb 24
Thank you very much.

I will be back in due time . Let me weigh my options very well.

justwise:

Ok i asked you to do that so as to know what it takes to study in the UK, so far you are taking the right step asking necessary questions .

fullclub did not do what you are doing now, he came to the UK with little or no money, used untouchable loan to get a visa and now paying the price. He is bitter because i called him out when he started a thread lying to people about the cause of hardship in the UK.

Don't do what many Nigerians like fullclub did by cheating the system to get a visa then get to the UK trying to work to pay fees and rent.

If you have the money to study in the UK without relying on part time job to pay remaining fees and rent pls do.

Finally you don't need any agent to get admission or apply for visa, avoid agent by all means, all the info you need is here and if there is anything you need more input on pls ask.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ogeneigbo1: 8:18pm On Feb 24
I appreciate all the info you gave out here.
I will go back and look at my options very well.

Thanks.

fullclub:

I know why I said don't mind him... Let me reserve that for my self.

99% of us coming here na money we find come...
But of recent the job is no longer as it use to be. A lot of student hardly see jobs as most recruiter prefer full time worker.

I know what I am saying, if u doubt, download telegram n search your school or at least 4 schools you know about here in UK and go through their comments from October to January.... Focus on the job discussion.

That's why I said please hold at least 80/95% and have a backup plan to pay the rest. More also have 4 to 5 months rent at hand. Please

UK humble a lot that came with high expectations last September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by mrmut2: 8:15pm On Feb 26
miidae:
Dependant visa grant
Standard visa
Self upload
at a cross road😩😩
Lemme weigh my options

pleasse can you let us know what you submitted and the dependent visa journey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by seuncyrus(m): 9:25pm On Feb 26
miidae:
Dependant visa grant
Standard visa
Self upload
at a cross road😩😩
Lemme weigh my options
Hello, I thought the dependant visa is over for students ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (266) (Reply)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.