Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (280663 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by newhere1234: 1:00pm On Apr 27
Between plymouth and lincoln which is a better city in terms of job? because i have unconditional offer from university of lincoln and conditional from plymouth and i still have to do an interview. I want to know which is better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 1:14pm On Apr 27
AussieJoan:

Thank you for your response although your advise is unsolicited.

To clarify, my inquiry was about securing a visa, rather than on gaining admission. Additionally, the client is considering studying in the UK and has sufficient funds to cover their entire stay without the necessity of employment.

gaining admission and securing a visa however are not mutually exclusive, they are tied together. His advice is fine

Since PSW and sponsorship visas are available to those on student visas, the possibility of using those routes is valid whether the applicant chooses to take that or not.

Lastly even those who have full funds to pay for their stay in UK still work. Not everyone that worked during their study or after did so because they didn't have enough funds, many (myself included) worked because we wanted extra income for other things or we simply didn't like being idle or we needed UK experience for the course we took.
Even unpaid volunteering work is considered work in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by mbanolady: 1:58pm On Apr 27
Good day house, please how best can can I pay a tuition fee deposit of 5,500 pounds as the rate am seeing via the flywire link the school provided is on the high side? Is there a better way?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MiKiel: 2:20pm On Apr 27
mbanolady:
Good day house, please how best can can I pay a tuition fee deposit of 5,500 pounds as the rate am seeing via the flywire link the school provided is on the high side? Is there a better way?

What's the name of the school? If you'll prefer not to disclose it, simply check the schools website for other options.

They can't have 1 means of accepting payment. They should have option of paying directly with debit card (you'll use domiciliary and co sha). And Yes, flywire rate is ridiculous.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tmex(m): 2:29pm On Apr 27
lexybaba1234:

Yes no PSW for Pg certificate because it's not a degree, it's usually takes shorter duration and usually a part time.

As per second question, the issue of sponsorship dey God's hand. It is complicated, depending on your initial degree, experience and your job area.

Thanks so much. What about pgdip Pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by AussieJoan: 2:37pm On Apr 27
Taal17:

gaining admission and securing a visa however are not mutually exclusive, they are tied together. His advice is fine

Since PSW and sponsorship visas are available to those on student visas, the possibility of using those routes is valid whether the applicant chooses to take that or not.

Lastly even those who have full funds to pay for their stay in UK still work. Not everyone that worked during their study or after did so because they didn't have enough funds, many (myself included) worked because we wanted extra income for other things or we simply didn't like being idle or we needed UK experience for the course we took.
Even unpaidvolunteering work is considered work in the UK.

If the bolded applies to the UK, it may not be applicable to other Western nations such as Australia (where admission doesn't guarantee a visa), hence my question.
Furthermore, as I mentioned, the only reason for contemplating the UK is solely for educational purposes—they have no intention of seeking work experience or additional income due to existing commitments outside the UK. Therefore, I maintain my stance that his advice was unsolicited and failed to address the actual question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lexybaba1234: 2:43pm On Apr 27
mbanolady:

Hi there, can you please wait till next month ending before making any payment for the deposit. You can continue to make plans though.

Reason is that the recently commissioned MAC (Migratory Advisory Committee) will conclude it's finding and make final decision on PSW route. Final decision is due to be released on the 14 of May. Peace 🕊️
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by AussieJoan: 3:18pm On Apr 27
MrSoftlife:

Yes. Just provide sufficient documents.
If the ECO is not satisfied they will call for an interview.

Thank you, your response is much appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by mbanolady: 4:12pm On Apr 27
MiKiel:

What's the name of the school? If you'll prefer not to disclose it, simply check the schools website for other options.

They can't have 1 means of accepting payment. They should have option of paying directly with debit card (you'll use domiciliary and co sha). And Yes, flywire rate is ridiculous.
Yes, there are several other options like paying with dollars and co, but it's still the same because getting the dollars from Aboki is equally at high rate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by mbanolady: 4:14pm On Apr 27
lexybaba1234:

Hi there, can you please wait till next month ending before making any payment for the deposit. You can continue to make plans though.

Reason is that the recently commissioned MAC (Migratory Advisory Committee) will conclude it's finding and make final decision on PSW route. Final decision is due to be released on the 14 of May. Peace 🕊️
Please may I know how this will affect the payment I want to make positively?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:18pm On Apr 27
mbanolady:
Please may I know how this will affect the payment I want to make positively?

Positively or negatively grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by mbanolady: 4:30pm On Apr 27
tensazangetsu20:

Positively or negatively grin grin
I mean the advice to wait till after the decision is made
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:37pm On Apr 27
mbanolady:

He said it's a waste of money if you pay and they make the decision to cancel the post study visa. It means you will come back to Nigeria after graduating.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lexybaba1234: 4:57pm On Apr 27
mbanolady:

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 6:09pm On Apr 27
[quote author=lexybaba1234 post=129665682][/quote]

Key word: potential restrictions or its abolishment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tico1212(m): 10:26pm On Apr 27
lexybaba1234:

It is possible they stop it ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ekanDamie: 12:55am On Apr 28
lexybaba1234:

Will whatever decision they make affect those already studying or its for new entrants
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 2:57am On Apr 28
ekanDamie:

Will whatever decision they make affect those already studying or its for new entrants

Nobody knows. Their might be a transition period or no transition period. It's not graunteed.

Australia came up with psw policy with no transition period
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 2:58am On Apr 28
Thewritingnerd:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why are you laughing? grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 10:27am On Apr 28
ekanDamie:

Any new policy always affects only the new people not those already in the system

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prince62: 1:26pm On Apr 28
I hope you have naira to spend when you get to uk till maybe u see job
mbanolady:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prince62: 1:28pm On Apr 28
Leave am, make he no hold live naira enter uk to fit dey change into £ to live, he go understand
Thewritingnerd:
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prince62: 1:29pm On Apr 28
Prince62:
Leave am, make he no hold life naira enter uk to fit dey change into £ to live, he go understand
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lexybaba1234: 3:45pm On Apr 28
mbanolady:

Am not sure if Form A is still working in Naija. Although I don't know how much the flywire thing is still telling you. If you have a trusted friend in the UK who can pay on your behalf, then it's cool. £5500 as at the time am typing this is #9M. It will increase/decrease tomorrow depending on the market forces. You can see attached rate on LEMFI app. They don't do Tinubu Rate in the UK. Many friends have turned into enemies this side cos of money. It is what it is.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tico1212(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28
lexybaba1234:

Am not sure if Form A is still working in Naija. Although I don't know how much the flywire thing is still telling you. If you have a trusted friend in the UK who can pay on your behalf, then it's cool. £5500 as at the time am typing this is #9M. It will increase/decrease tomorrow depending on the market forces. You can see attached rate on LEMFI app. They don't do Tinubu Rate in the UK. Many friends have turned into enemies this side cos of money. It is what it is.
can someone pay through dollar account from nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by marshallkowope: 5:51pm On Apr 29
hello
thank you very much for your reply
is this a sure thing, or do you know people who have done this before?

I did check caseworker files ,and it says identity document is waived for uncontrollable circumstances ,I'm not just sure this qualifies
I just don't want issue of my post graduate being denied due to passport issue ,thank you as you reply

abuhusna1:

Just apply your post study with your old passport abd show them proof for renwal of your expired passport. When you get your new passport update the home office so they can know your new passport number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Kelvinae: 6:31am On Apr 30
Dears,

Kindly be informed that as a sales advisor at Axa Mansard Insurance I can handle your individual and corporate insurance. Example properties insurance, travel insurance, health insurance(HMO, life insurance (Bonus life, group life, money insurance, motor insurance (comprehensive and Third party) marine insurance, goods on transit insurance, investment (Money market, new life savings), and other forms of insurance for your need.

All forms of Axa Mansard Insurance have attractive benefits.

Please call me or chat me on WhatsApp with this phone number: 08061233831 for details and to book your needed policy.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 12:12pm On Apr 30
marshallkowope:
hello
thank you very much for your reply
is this a sure thing, or do you know people who have done this before?

I did check caseworker files ,and it says identity document is waived for uncontrollable circumstances ,I'm not just sure this qualifies
I just don't want issue of my post graduate being denied due to passport issue ,thank you as you reply

Get help from immigration lawyers with any better alternative just don't turn illegal before you apply hence you can't apply to home office without a legal status in the country
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Welcomme: 3:32pm On Apr 30
lahify:
Hi, everyone please what are the chances that i pay for 5k pounds for my cas and the following month upon entering the uk i marry a british national and i change my visa status
Shey you dey whine home office ni? 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Welcomme: 3:36pm On Apr 30
BarcaBlood:
Hello team

I have a question I'd like to ask. I got admission into de Montfort university Leicester for my master's degree and I'm about to start my visa processing. Can I use London as my place of accommodation during my visa processing as I have a relative in London I can stay with? Will it be an issue as London is about 2 hours from Leicester? Can I use it or should I just look for an accommodation in Leicester before I begin my application?

Thanks
Don't use any address outside Leicester as this is a recipe for interview. Just use the school address or you Google any AirBNb address around the school and use
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Justpat: 6:58pm On Apr 30
marshallkowope:
hello
I need some insights of what to do
my student visa expires in one month time
my passport expires in two weeks time
and I need to apply for post graduate visa

I already made application for renewal of passport but my appointment date is in July

any advise on how to proceed?
thank you

You have no problem at all. GRADUATE VISA has nothing to do with your passport. You can use your current BRP as proof of identity and to sign into your UKVI account for the application. The options you will see is Valid Passport, BRP or National ID Card. So your BRP is sufficient. You will download the Immigration App to validate your identity using your smartphone. So relax
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by WendieT(f): 7:06am On May 01
Hello, Good morning. Please I am trying to book for TB test and I keep getting this error. I cannot summit and I cannot see where to pay. Please, anyone that has experienced this before, what should I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (Reply)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.