Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,669 members, 7,862,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (317100 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (296) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Treadway: 9:07pm On May 22
fullclub:

What I wrote up there is a statement from my lecturer. He said the naira devaluation today is a reflection of the financial crisis rocking UK universities.

My school today is giving 5k to Nigerians just to accept their offer. Some school are doing whatever stuff they can to get Nigerians.

U know why Nigeria is an important mrkt to them from ages.
So let's not underestimate Nigerian power.

China and India has over 1 billion population each compared to Nigeria with 200k yet we are pulling such string in edu
again bro, why are the Indians, Chinese, Ghanaian and all the other international students at Teeside not protesting, and ONLY Nigerians are?

I don't know where you copied that graph from but I have attached a graph from .gov.uk source below, and you can see that at best we are a very very distant number 3.

See all this one no even matter, as no be main issue. The main issue is we don't have two heads or any special status in this instance. If fees had been paid before the deadlines, they wouldn't have issues. They have issues cos fees were not paid. Nothing concerns the uni with one country's/students woes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 9:28pm On May 22
fullclub:

What I wrote up there is a statement from my lecturer. He said the naira devaluation today is a reflection of the financial crisis rocking UK universities.

My school today is giving 5k to Nigerians just to accept their offer. Some school are doing whatever stuff they can to get Nigerians.

U know why Nigeria is an important mrkt to them from ages.
So let's not underestimate Nigerian power.

China and India has over 1 billion population each compared to Nigeria with 200k yet we are pulling such string in edu

you must be joking right ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 9:32pm On May 22
fullclub:

hope you know that figure is main applicant plus dependant and not main applicant alone

In actual students case, China far outstrips Nigerians
no even think am
the schools know it
and most Chinese students are young, unmarried and came with no dependants

I see them balling in Tribeca

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 9:34pm On May 22
Treadway:
again bro, why are the Indians, Chinese, Ghanaian and all the other international students at Teeside not protesting, and ONLY Nigerians are?

I don't know where you copied that graph from but I have attached a graph from .gov.uk source below, and you can see that at best we are number 3.

See all this one no even matter, as no be main issue. The main issue is we don't have two heads or any special status in this instance. If fees had been paid before the deadlines, they wouldn't have issues. They have issues cos fees were not paid. Nothing concerns the uni with one country's/students woes.

I didn't see your graph
this is more like it

In that bat chart the other lad posted, the folks who use study visa to carry wife and four kids enter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 10:15pm On May 22
RodgersAkpafu:

hope you know that figure is main applicant plus dependant and not main applicant alone

In actual students case, China far outstrips Nigerians
no even think am
the schools know it
and most Chinese students are young, unmarried and came with no dependants

I see them balling in Tribeca
That's for main applicant.. Called study visa... If u combine dependant u wil get close to twice that number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 10:22pm On May 22
Treadway:

I don't know where you copied that graph from but I have attached a graph from .gov.uk source below, and you can see that at best we are number 3.

Dont hate ur Nigerian people.
The Naira devaluation caused a lot of issues.
People (mostly 2 years program) planned their expenses at 560. Even large percentage of September intake got their admission, CAS before naira devaluation But now exchange rate is 1900.

Even me self I say kpatakpata if I no fit push am I go sell my land clear fee. But by the time I sold the land 6 million last year December, changed the money I got less than on a normal exchange rate May I fit get 10k pounds. This was land I placed on sell May

Everyone has a peculiar story that unless u put ur leg in such shoes u won't really understand.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by KingCassy(m): 10:34pm On May 22
Hello please I want to inquire … what’s the cheapest platform to send money from Nigeria to someone in uk apart from lemfi.. lemfi rate seems to be on the high side
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Fraih(f): 11:59pm On May 22
TelegramLord:
If POF is in a domiciliary dollar account, does someone have to preform transaction on it to make it active? Or it doesn't matter?
I have no reason/need to make a transaction on the account.
It depends on you. During my time I made 1 transaction where I just deposited 10$ and I think luckily there was card maintenance fee too or Apple Music subscription, one of those during the 28day period and that was it.
The ECO understands that $ isn’t the main legal tender in Nigeria and so less expectations on a huge transaction record.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by TelegramLord(m): 6:11am On May 23
Fraih:

It depends on you. During my time I made 1 transaction where I just deposited 10$ and I think luckily there was card maintenance fee too or Apple Music subscription, one of those during the 28day period and that was it.
The ECO understands that $ isn’t the main legal tender in Nigeria and so less expectations on a huge transaction record.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by BettyO11: 6:29am On May 23
BettyO11:
Hey everyone. Do you know if wise account is accepted in UK embassy?
Please who has an idea on this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Treadway: 6:44am On May 23
fullclub:

People (mostly 2 years program) planned their expenses at 560. Even large percentage of September intake got their admission, CAS before naira devaluation But now exchange rate is 1900.

Even me self I say kpatakpata if I no fit push am I go sell my land clear fee. But by the time I sold the land 6 million last year December, changed the money I got less than 3500 pounds on a normal exchange rate May I fit get 10k pounds. This was land I placed on sell May

Everyone has a peculiar story that unless u put ur leg in such shoes u won't really understand.
it is not hate. It is just the way it is. All this story no concern the school. Why are you not getting that? Of course I remember you, your thread and your case. I commented and was one of those who offered encouragement, but the fact remains the school is not a charity and didn't offer those people scholarships. Nothing concerns them with Nigeria's hopeless situation caused by hopeless evil leaders. They wanted their money, and these students couldn't pay up when it was due, and now the repercussions have happened. EOD

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Treadway: 6:48am On May 23
fullclub:

That's for main applicant.. Called study visa... If u combine dependant u wil get close to twice that number.
what is the source of your graph? Show the source let's see na. I showed mine and it cannot be refuted. Nigeria didn't even get up to 60k visas at any time between 2018 to 2023 while China and India got between 100-140k several times between 2018-2023. That's home office stats right up there, and that is the fact.

Which is why after the sliding tackle home office gave student visas by stopping dependent, and despite that most Nigerians have stayed away due to that, admissions only dropped by 5%.

Too much noise and ado about nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by SemperFid: 2:10pm On May 23
MrSoftlife:

Tell them to change their ways.
If you don’t have the money to be a bona fide student, then go to Qatar and other countries to hustle.

Tell them to stop cheating a system and look they should learn to blame the man in the mirror and change their ways.

A student visa is for students and a work visa is there.

Yes, everyone has a different story as I know people who did good courses and went to top schools in the UK and are doing pretty well in the UK with job placement from the companies they did placement with.

Since the UK need UK work experience then it's better for one to go for courses that offer such placement after the 1-year program don't you think?!

Example of those courses pls.

I have optometry background, can I benefit from this placement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by SemperFid: 2:14pm On May 23
Omo this UK thing de fear me oo.

I really one comot Nigeria aswear but the thing don harddd.

I know person that was affected by the Teeside thing and he was give a deadline to return to naija. He say he rather die there than return and he is planning to run to northern Ireland and seek aasylum.

Nawaoo

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Treadway: 2:37pm On May 23
SemperFid:
Omo this UK thing de fear me oo.

I really one comot Nigeria aswear but the thing don harddd.

I know person that was affected by the Teeside thing and he was give a deadline to return to naija. He say he rather die there than return and he is planning to run to northern Ireland and seek aasylum.

Nawaoo
I know this is the 'update' most naija crew are sharing and planning, but unfortunately common sense dictates that it's dead on arrival. Claiming asylum in Ireland from the UK? On what basis? War or persecution....

Lmao
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 3:12pm On May 23
fullclub:

it cannot be

dependant visa to students is also classified under students visa
the graph by treadway is more like it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 3:14pm On May 23
fullclub:

Even me self I say kpatakpata if I no fit push am I go sell my land clear fee. But by the time I sold the land 6 million last year December, changed the money I got less than 3500 pounds on a normal exchange rate May I fit get 10k pounds. This was land I placed on sell May

all these things are just excuses and defending bad behaviour plus poor planning.

we get it
people wanna flee Nigeria
but do it the right way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 3:15pm On May 23
Treadway:
it is not hate. It is just the way it is. All this story no concern the school. Why are you not getting that? Of course I remember you, your thread and your case. I commented and was one of those who offered encouragement, but the fact remains the school is not a charity and didn't offer those people scholarships. Nothing concerns them with Nigeria's hopeless situation caused by hopeless evil leaders. They wanted their money, and these students couldn't pay up when it was due, and now the repercussions have happened. EOD
exactly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 3:16pm On May 23
Treadway:
I know this is the 'update' most naija crew are sharing and planning, but unfortunately common sense dictates that it's dead on arrival. Claiming asylum in Ireland from the UK? On what basis? War or persecution....

Lmao

.... after being an international student?

lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 3:20pm On May 23
Treadway:
what is the source of your graph? Show the source let's see na. I showed mine and it cannot be refuted. Nigeria didn't even get up to 60k visas at any time between 2018 to 2023 while China and India got between 100-140k several times between 2018-2023. That's home office stats right up there, and that is the fact.

Which is why after the sliding tackle home office gave student visas by stopping dependent, and despite that most Nigerians have stayed away due to that, admissions only dropped by 5%.

Too much noise and ado about nothing.

This is the undiluted truth

That's why I was laughing hard at those twitter people bragging that Nigeria is very integral to the student market in the UK.

Yea we dey try, but una dey too overestimate una importance

You wan compare yourself with Chinese and Russian students?
wey dey pay fees one hand before them even land for country ?

Spend money from China and Russia without looking for work

how many Nigerian students can fit into the description above ?
most had their pof sorted, sold land and stuff to meet fees and had to borrow more to buy ticket

make we dey fool ourselves
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Raalsalghul: 4:38pm On May 23
RodgersAkpafu:

That's why I was laughing hard at those twitter people bragging that Nigeria is very integral to the student market in the UK.

most had their pof sorted, sold land and stuff to meet fees and had to borrow more to buy ticket

Nigerians are naturally noise makers.

Wa wa wa wa wa wa like a dog everywhere.

No substance!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gerrard59(m): 2:34am On May 24
fullclub:

Sorry about your case, but the next time Nigerians want to study abroad as it has been within the past four years, they should convert every naira they have to dollars at the prevailing rate. This optimistic attitude of saving in naira while hoping the value remains static is foolhardy. Except for the recent defence of the naira, the naira has never appreciated against the dollar. That is an undeniable fact. So, why save in naira hoping to use it to offset expenses in pounds? You save everything in dollars immediately you have a naira equivalent of say $1000.

I told my parents to convert when the naira was 360 to the dollar. So, even if the naira had exploded to 5000, that is not my business. I already converted it to dollars when it was 360. That becomes my expenses and tuition fees. An alternative is saving in USDT, which Tensa20 did. Again, nothing bothered him with whatever CBN and Tinubu did.

Nigerians should stop being too optimistic. Always expect the worst to happen, and prepare for it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 12:02pm On May 24
Gerrard59:

Sorry about your case, but the next time Nigerians want to study abroad as it has been within the past four years, they should convert every naira they have to dollars at the prevailing rate. This optimistic attitude of saving in naira while hoping the value remains static is foolhardy. Except for the recent defence of the naira, the naira has never appreciated against the dollar. That is an undeniable fact. So, why save in naira hoping to use it to offset expenses in pounds? You save everything in dollars immediately you have a naira equivalent of say $1000.

I told my parents to convert when the naira was 360 to the dollar. So, even if the naira had exploded to 5000, that is not my business. I already converted it to dollars when it was 360. That becomes my expenses and tuition fees. An alternative is saving in USDT, which Tensa20 did. Again, nothing bothered him with whatever CBN and Tinubu did.

Nigerians should stop being too optimistic. Always expect the worst to happen, and prepare for it.

Form A rate was 560-565 while black market rate was around 800. So we are asked to put the money in the bank and fill form a online and wait for 60 days or highest 90 days to get funds processed.
I got mail from bank that my form A has been approved and I should wait for disbursement... Am waiting for disbursements till nw grin

Even at that time u can't buy dollars from aboki to pay fees because banks won't process it as it is deposited not inflow.
it was when tinubu came he reverse those bottleneck
By February my funds where in my account and till jagaban unify the naira before I knew it went to1300 now 1900
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 1:02pm On May 24
RodgersAkpafu:

Nigerians are resilient kind of people who strive to excel in any field they find themselves and Nigeria is an important market for UK universities irrespective what ur opinion are.

When I told my tutor I sold my house to fund my education he was amazed like "how will you recover this huge funds"?
Without government support we still strive to go places. Those countries u mentioned including UK, US, Europe hardly u see someone just buy a car with their funds 100%.
Here in Nigeria u see someone bring 50 million to build a house, 7m to buy a car. In those countries no one does that they won't agree rather u spread the funds over 30 years.

Even in UK universities finds are spread over 30 year plus. Loan makes their life easy without it they won't cough that funds

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 2:10pm On May 24
RodgersAkpafu:

all these things are just excuses and defending bad behaviour plus poor planning.

we get it
people wanna flee Nigeria
but do it the right way

Did Nigerians protest last year?
Did Nigerians protest 2 years back?
Nigerians hardly default on fees it's the exchange rate that messed things up.

Previously before June 2023 with 6 million you have covered school fees 100% but now u need at least 22 million and above to cover fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ejid1: 2:19pm On May 24
fullclub:

Nigerians are resilient kind of people who strive to excel in any field they find themselves and Nigeria is an important market for UK universities irrespective what ur opinion are.

When I told my tutor I sold my house to fund my education he was amazed like "how will you recover this huge funds"?
Without government support we still strive to go places. Those countries u mentioned including UK, US, Europe hardly u see someone just buy a car with their funds 100%.
Here in Nigeria u see someone bring 50 million to build a house, 7m to buy a car. In those countries no one does that they won't agree rather u spread the funds over 30 years.

Even in UK universities finds are spread over 30 year plus. Loan makes their life easy without it they won't cough that funds

You sold your house ke? Please tell me you didn’t? Cos wtf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 2:20pm On May 24
Treadway:

Well I just got till September 29th to pay off my remaining balance yesterday.
Most schools understand Nigerian plight and are giving us enough time to make payments.

Let me shock you. Previously my school don't disturb you for fees as long u have paid 50% You can finish then pay anytime u wish but they won't give u certificate but things changed because of financial difficulties school faced.

Schools that are known not to hear anything have been like that since like teesside University , Sunderland University etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 2:22pm On May 24
Ejid1:

You sold your house ke? Please tell me you didn’t? Cos wtf

Yes oh a property was sold to fund this project else I hang on way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ebuka1997: 2:24pm On May 24
hustla:

Why not save a bit more, like 70% of your fees before moving

Also, look at Portugal, US, Australia and Canada if you don't mind the cold. Much better options at the moment

wink

UK is something else rn and their rules eehn
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ebuka1997: 3:19pm On May 24
Anyone know any good agency I can do teaching assistant with in Manchester?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 3:22pm On May 24
fullclub:

are you seriously saying this

anyways I'll respond soon, when I'm off the road
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ejid1: 4:56pm On May 24
fullclub:

Yes oh a property was sold to fund this project else I hang on way

I’m sorry but that wasn’t a wise decision at all.Omo on a student route no less.
Una get mind o

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (296) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.