Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,931 members, 7,863,295 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:42 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (318094 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (297) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cashmadam: 2:25pm On May 26
Emmanuelorionja:
Hello Guys Please Need Advice

Collection Mail: 24 May 2024
Picked up same day visa approved.

Till today Sunday 26th May no Brp letter or decision letter ....

Anyone experience this

Give them a few days. Sometimes, the BRP email doesn't drop immediately. If you don't get it in a week, let me know. I'll share an email address with you and tell you what to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cashmadam: 2:28pm On May 26
Follak:
Still waiting for decision on my visa. But honestly I hope there won't be a decision until June 17 when enrollment closes in my school so I can get a refund. I've been having panic attacks since I read here about recent the present UK not so good for student visa. My school collected £5500 tuition deposit. After mailing them about not getting a decision yet on my visa, I was asked to enroll and start accessing online materials. At the point of doing so, I was asked to pay 50% of my tuition balance, £4975. I consulted a friend who advised I wait until the outcome of my visa because the school's refund policy is not on their website. The initial agreement is £5500 tuition deposit, 50% tuition balance at the beginning of the second semester and the balance of 50% tuition deposit at the beginning of the 3rd semester.
Honestly, I just want my money back. I will stay in Nigeria and go back to my poultry business and add mixed crop farming with my job at the hospital.If their immigration policies go back to being fair, I can think of going there if there are better opportunities

You might not get a refund from the school... You should have read their refund policy before paying the deposit. You have 2 options now - proceed or pull out and forget the money you paid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cashmadam: 2:31pm On May 26
MoukaShaw:

What about the funds being just little over £50 the required amount? Is this safe?

You can have more than you required. You can even have double what is required.

Just ensure you don't have one Pound less than what is required.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MrSoftlife(f): 2:45pm On May 26
Follak:
Still waiting for decision on my visa. But honestly I hope there won't be a decision until June 17 when enrollment closes in my school so I can get a refund. I've been having panic attacks since I read here about recent the present UK not so good for student visa. My school collected £5500 tuition deposit. After mailing them about not getting a decision yet on my visa, I was asked to enroll and start accessing online materials. At the point of doing so, I was asked to pay 50% of my tuition balance, £4975. I consulted a friend who advised I wait until the outcome of my visa because the school's refund policy is not on their website. The initial agreement is £5500 tuition deposit, 50% tuition balance at the beginning of the second semester and the balance of 50% tuition deposit at the beginning of the 3rd semester.
Honestly, I just want my money back. I will stay in Nigeria and go back to my poultry business and add mixed crop farming with my job at the hospital.If their immigration policies go back to being fair, I can think of going there if there are better opportunities

What's the name of this University?
You need to understand that some schools have what they call enrolment fee and you have to read their refund policy if not say otilor.

During your CAS questionnaire, some schools asked you some specific questions and some required you to accept applying for a priority visa if you were going to submit your visa application with a specific window but most Nigerians do not care to read all this and just be clicking yes to everything.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Igbamatigbi: 3:09pm On May 26
ebuka1997:

It’s pure data, Greater Manchester is the second biggest economy in the UK. So statistically there would be more jobs, it’s that simple.

Thar someone you knew got or didn’t get jobs doesn’t invalidate that as that could be skewed by personal experiences.

You said “ after London there’s no better place than Manchester to get jobs” Manchester may be the second largest but you made it look like those are the better places to get jobs, that’s why i mentioned Liverpool as another place to get students jobs.

They are jobs in every city.

It’s experience that’s generates data, and from experience most students that I interacted with in my line of work didn’t find it hard to get student jobs with 20 hours in Liverpool.

Yes, I shared an experience, my sister school is York St. John London campus 80 percent of students in her class don’t get 20 hours weekly in London, most students had to move out to places like Leicester etc to get jobs .

Infact, after London, Birmingham is the second largest city in the U.K.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Follak: 7:49pm On May 26
Dybaladaddy:

How long has it been since you applied?
Was it standard application?
Yes, it is standard application. I applied on 25th April
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Dybaladaddy: 8:40pm On May 26
Follak:

25th biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by PrimeXpert01: 8:42pm On May 26
MiKiel:

Bank Statement
Certificates (BSc, NYSC, English Test)
TB Test
CAS
Work Evidence if any

BTW which university is this? I guess they fall under the higher education provider (HEP) with a track record of compliance.

Yes, Bournemouth University. They fall under that Category exactly as stated.
Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Dybaladaddy: 8:45pm On May 26
Follak:

Does that mean it now takes more than 3 weeks to process?
Because I received an empty nsf mail the next working day after my bio
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 3:34am On May 27
Emmanuelorionja:

Anyone experience this
Bring it to the attention of the immigration officer that interview you at the point of entry and he will sort you out. You don't need the letter before you travel but need it to collect your brp while in the uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MrSoftlife(f): 8:30am On May 27
Emmanuelorionja:

Anyone experience this

Be checking your mail.
No cause for alarm as it will eventually drop this week.
Yeah, it happens.
24th May was a Friday. You will get it this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Follak: 12:32pm On May 27
Dybaladaddy:

25th biometrics?
26th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ajapz(m): 1:37pm On May 27
A quick question guys.
For some travelling to the UK, do I still need to show evidence of the complete Covid vaccination shot?
I know this was required previously but I don't know if its still mandatory
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Igbamatigbi: 1:48pm On May 27
fullclub:

London weh de press people neck with house rent.
You see a room going for 800 and a bedroom flat goingfor 1600 cheesy
I rather go places I see rent 300 or 250 shared accommodation

The house u described you pay 650 in London it is 2000 plus

Very true! I pay £650 for 3 bedroom Liverpool and saving to buy a house soon by God’s grace.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ebuka1997: 5:32pm On May 27
Igbamatigbi:

You said “ after London there’s no better place than Manchester to get jobs” Manchester may be the second largest but you made it look like those are the better places to get jobs, that’s why i mentioned Liverpool as another place to get students jobs.

They are jobs in every city.

It’s experience that’s generates data, and from experience most students that I interacted with in my line of work didn’t find it hard to get student jobs with 20 hours in Liverpool.

Yes, I shared an experience, my sister school is York St. John London campus 80 percent of students in her class don’t get 20 hours weekly in London, most students had to move out to places like Leicester etc to get jobs .

Infact, after London, Birmingham is the second largest city in the U.K.

Okay boss, maybe I am biased though because I have people that did well as students in London and I got jobs fast upon landing in Manchester.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by TelegramLord(m): 7:22pm On May 27
fullclub:

Please how much is your total fees?
And how much are you paying upon arriving?

If you have the complete fees or at least 70% then proceed as you have already started the move. Then when you arrive you do some training maybe in security, care, or any stuff and keep applying.

I would have loved to know the school names because some schools are understandable. They give you time to the last date of your end of program.

Honestly there is opportunity to work menial jobs and get cash once u are through with school and get ur post study visa because then u have full working right and u have knowledge of in and out of the country. How things work.

As for refund policy the school should have one and most schools refund if only visa was refused...
So let's keep praying your visa will be out.

What are some of the grounds for refusal?
My school (Staffordshire university) state that the deposit is non refundable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by TelegramLord(m): 7:27pm On May 27
PrimeXpert01:

Thank you so much

How do you know if a school falls under that category?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Atturu: 8:19pm On May 27
I'm trying to apply for a postgraduate program in a school in the UK, but it's not as easy as applying for Canadian schools.

Please who can put me through?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 8:51pm On May 27
TelegramLord:

How much is the total fee? University are dying out due to funds in UK almost all schools are sacking lecturers based on finance so only few will release back any money sent to them.

Like I said if ur school fees is between the average and u av paid 70% or let's say half then u manage and proceed. But u should look for findings either through borrowing and working etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 8:58pm On May 27
TelegramLord:

How much is ur fee?
Although most courses i am seeing 16k500

That means u have 11k pounds to pay when u land they might start asking u to pay befor enrollment.
Although look for the WhatsApp group and or telegraph and ask those still schooling.

The school no even give u discount?
Most schools give discounts of 4 to 5k... I belief they didn't slam u 16500?
But if they give u discount and ur fee is remaining 6k then don't too worry... I will see how to guide u to struggle it out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 9:03pm On May 27
PrimeXpert01:

Thank you so much

If u love ur self run from Bournemouth make them no kill u before ur time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 9:04pm On May 27
TelegramLord:

How do you know if a school falls under that category?

Bournemouth? They will use knife to chase u to pay ur fees... Run oh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tico1212(m): 9:15pm On May 27
fullclub:

Lol.. How about university of Hertfordshire and Northumbria university? Dem get knife too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teamfrosh1201: 10:41pm On May 27
tico1212:

Lol.. How about university of Hertfordshire and Northumbria university? Dem get knife too?

someone here on nairaland opened a thread on Northumbria , I don't think it is a good school to go for now if you don't have atleast 80% of your fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by TelegramLord(m): 1:50am On May 28
fullclub:

My school is Staffordshire university not Bournemouth university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by TelegramLord(m): 2:01am On May 28
fullclub:

How much is the total fee? University are dying out due to funds in UK almost all schools are sacking lecturers based on finance so only few will release back any money sent to them.

Like I said if ur school fees is between the average and u av paid 70% or let's say half then u manage and proceed. But u should look for findings either through borrowing and working etc

Tuition is not my own problem as it's sorted.

Just want to know any reason a visa could be denied. It is stated in my uni's website that they will only issue a refund if you are denied visa under some few conditions.

I have study gap of more than 5 years, is this a problem when applying for visa? During this period, I was self employed running my own sole agency.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 4:05am On May 28
TelegramLord:

Tuition is not my own problem as it's sorted.

Just want to know any reason a visa could be denied. It is stated in my uni's website that they will only issue a refund if you are denied visa under some few conditions.

I have study gap of more than 5 years, is this a problem when applying for visa? During this period, I was self employed running my own sole agency.

That's not a problem. University in the UK needs money like mad. Immigration won't deny u

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 4:06am On May 28
tico1212:

I don't know of the other one.... But northumbria go use knife chase u for fees. Right now students portal are locked and being threatened with deportation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MrSoftlife(f): 5:30am On May 28
fullclub:

That's not a problem. University in the UK needs money like mad. Immigration won't deny u

Do you think so?!

I know people with real funds who have been denied a study visa.

Also, pray the embassy doesn't call you for an interview and you can't prove you know about the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by VeryDarkMan01(m): 7:46am On May 28
Atturu:
I'm trying to apply for a postgraduate program in a school in the UK, but it's not as easy as applying for Canadian schools.

I learnt you mistakenly deleted your files
I can help you recover
If you can provide me with imei of your phone
And the Google mail you are currently using

It will cost 5k

You can reach me via signature below
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MrSoftlife(f): 7:52am On May 28
Atturu:

What do you need?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teamfrosh1201: 8:48am On May 28
MrSoftlife:

Do you think so?!

I know people with real funds who have been denied a study visa.

Also, pray the embassy doesn't call you for an interview and you can't prove you know about the school.

Wow, Was this denial something recent? Has the UK started refusing visas more frequently?"

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (297) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

Viewing this topic: lexybaba1234, Drahl(m), MiKiel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.